Qubool Hai

AsYa SS: The Heart And The Mind *DISCONTINUED*

dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello there! I'm new on this forum and it's my first attempt at writing a fic on AsYa! After reading so many amazing one-shots and fanfics I decided I have to give it a try. I actually first saw QH on a re-run during the 2020 lockdown! I know, weird time to start liking a show 😆. But apparently, they stopped broadcasting it right after the Mangalpur fiasco and was just like- okay so what the heck happens next!?! So I just searched it up on youtube and well, by god's grace I found it and loved it to BITS! Now enough of my blabbering, let's get to the story!

P.S.: This story starts from "The Slap". Okay well there are many 'slaps' but I mean the one where Asad slaps Zoya.😔The FF goes pretty much like in the original storyline, just some things will be 'confessed' in another way probably😉.

The Heart and The Mind

Prologue

Zoya turned around to face Asad, eyes wide, one hand on her cheek which was stinging, and one still on the steel table, bleeding. She was purely shocked. Shocked that Asad would act this way. Shocked that he'd hurt her. Hurt her worse than ever before. But she was also afraid, afraid that he might just hurt her again in the future. Afraid that the care she had seen in his eyes when he had saved her from the literal gates of death in Mangalpur, might never return again. 

She was jerked back to reality when the hand which was bleeding suddenly sent pain shooting across her forearm, she clutched her other hand over the cut, in a desperate attempt to sooth the pain but it only made it worse. She held back her sobs as Asad walked away, seething.

Asad's mind and anger were out of control. He was full of growing anger for Zoya, yet he was starting to regret his actions from a few minutes ago. He felt as if there's a battle for control going on inside him. A battle between his heart and his mind. His heart was aching for his Ammi and Najma but was full of regret for Zoya. While his mind was willing to point out that it was because of Zoya that they were in this situation. That it was Zoya who had hurt his Ammi. As he closed his eyes, trying to clear out what was exactly happening, more tears fell...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lemme know if you like it! I'll be really happy to receive some tips for writing, if you have some!😃

Edited by Captain_Crash - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fatima30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

The slap that made me crazy! I’ve always loved Zoya so much for being so forgiving…..Asad was always so quick to judge her and was always wrong about her….

I love Asya and their love was epic but that slap in the hospital was uncalled for! I’m so glad you’re writing on  from that point! I look forward to the updates! 

dreamxr thumbnail

Hello! OMG I'm freaking out over one reply!🤣 I've never really had someone comment on my stuff... Thanks for reading my FF! I'll probably be posting the chapter sometime late today or tomorrow, can't tell specific timing tho...😆

dreamxr thumbnail

Hey! Here's the first chapter of my first FF! Hope you all like it!😃 I know it won't be like the legit legendary FFs like Mere Jazbaat, Clueless, Destinies Intertwined, etc. But I'm thinking it's worth a try!😉 Happy Reading!

The Heart and The Mind

Chapter 1: Slowly, the Pieces fell...

Zoya turned around to face Asad, eyes wide, one hand on her cheek which was stinging, and one still on the steel table, bleeding. She was purely shocked. Shocked that Asad would act this way. That he'd hurt her. Hurt her worse than ever before. But she was also afraid, afraid that he might just hurt her again in the future. Afraid that the care she had seen in his eyes when he had saved her from the literal gates of death in Mangalpur, may never return. 

She was jerked back to reality when the hand which was bleeding, suddenly sent pain shooting across her forearm, she clutched her other hand over the cut, in a desperate attempt to soothe the pain but it only made it worse. She held back her sobs as Asad walked away, seething.

Asad's mind and anger were out of control. His anger for Zoya was growing, yet he was starting to regret his actions from a few minutes ago. He felt as if there was a battle for control going on inside him. A battle between his heart and his mind. His heart was aching for his Ammi and Najma and was full of regret for Zoya. While his mind was willing to point out that it was because of Zoya that they were in this situation. That it was Zoya who had hurt his Ammi. As he closed his eyes, trying to clear out what was exactly happening, more tears fell.

He sat on the cold steel bench, his face buried in his hands. His head throbbed with pain and anxiety. He looked up into the glass circle cut out from the blue door of his Ammi's ward. He walked up to it and peeked in. His Ammi was lying lifelessly, with tubes of oxygen cylinders attached to her weak body. Fresh tears formed in his eyes, tears of fear and worry that he might never hear her laugh again. He might never again feel the comforting hand on his shoulder whenever he was tensed. He blinked his tears away. But what he saw for a mere second, made him stagger backward from the door.

He saw Zoya.

He saw Zoya lying there. Lifeless as a grey stone. With tubes attached to her body, exactly like his Ammi. Her non-present dimples threaten to never show again. Her beautiful eyes closed to probably never open again.

He rubbed his eyes and peeked in, his heartbeats fastening. But when he saw his Ammi lying there, a new surge of anger whooshed over him.

She did this. She was the cause of this. So why did I see...

He shook his head in an attempt to clear his thoughts. But they all led to one person. Zoya. He made a decision. And now no one was going to stop him. He decided that he'd had enough of her stupidity. He'd had enough of her irresponsibility. He'd had enough of her nonsense. He'd had enough...of her. He stood up and without a second thought, he proceeded towards the main corridor, where Zoya and Najma were sitting. 
Najma was sleeping with her head resting on Zoya's shoulder, both of their faces were lined with tear streaks. Zoya was soothingly patting Najma's back. She was still trying to hold in her sobs and cries, for the sake of Najma. Asad saw them and the sight warmed his heart. But as quickly as the heartwarming, the mind became cold, reminding him again and again that Zoya was the reason for this disaster.

Zoya was lost in the terrifying memories of a while ago. Her cheek was swollen slightly and was still hurting a bit. But all she could remember was how ruthless he had become. Even though his anger was justified, he had slapped her. That was something she had never expected Asad to do. Now, she was feeling scared. That he might never forgive her.

Asad walked up to them, causing Zoya's eyes to grow wide with fear and hurt. A pang of guilt shot through him, but he shook it off.

"Miss Farooqui, I need to talk to you."

Zoya nodded and slowly got up, carefully placing her purse under Najma's head as a pillow. Asad motioned her to go towards a small balcony at the end of the main corridor and she quietly started walking towards it. Feeling Asad's gaze on her, she took a deep breath and continued walking. Asad prowled behind her like a lion ready to pounce on his hunt.

They finally reached the little balcony, the tension between them rising with each second. Asad folded his arms across his chest and glared at Zoya, who was looking at him with wide eyes, which held unshed tears.

"Miss Farooqui, I think you should leave," he stated coldly.

Zoya's heart plummeted, mustering up the courage she asked, "w-what do you mean Mr. Khan?"

"I mean, it's-it's best for you...if you leave India."

Zoya's heart shattered. She can't leave. She won't leave. Not until she finds...

"M-Mr Khan, you can't decide that for me!" She said, her voice breaking.

"What if I can? YOU. YOU'RE the reason this happened!" He bellowed, his temper getting the best of him.

"Allah Miya, Mr. Khan, th-there's no need to shout! I can't just leave on your demand! I have to-"

"WHY? Why can't you just leave? I WISH YOU NEVER CAME INTO MY LIFE!" he yelled, grabbing her by her shoulders. His fingers digging in, sure to leave some bruises. 
Zoya gasped in pain, her hand which was cut was sending sudden waves of pain through her arm.

"Mr. Khan! It's-it's hurting please..." Zoya managed to breathe out. Asad jerked her away and turned around to face the railing.

"Miss Farooqui, I think I've made it quite clear that your presence in our family has given us nothing but trouble. If you care for Ammi, you will leave."

Zoya stepped back, her hand on her mouth to suppress the growing sobs. She stepped out of the balcony. She needed to think, to clear her mind to make a decision. It was excruciatingly painful to even think about. All the people she loved, all the people she cared about, she would have to leave.

Well, if he wishes for me to leave, then that's what he'll get. But I'm not going anywhere until Phoopi gets better. I'll tell her my Visa expired and...and leave.

She quickly ran into a small equipment room nearby and cried her eyes out. She cried remembering all the memories she'd made, all the teasing, shayris. This was it, once she left, Zoya would never be the same again.

A few days later...

Dilshad had been discharged, but she was still requested to stay on bed rest for a while. Najma and Asad were taking care of their Ammi, while Zoya was forced to just watch. She felt guilty like she wasn't doing enough. But how can she? With Asad watching her like a hawk, threatening to burst out at her at a mere glance! 
Thinking up ways to take care of her Phoopi, Zoya found only one option. Standing up to Mr. Asad Ahmed Khan. She would have done this. It was the only way.

Zoya served the Chicken Clear soup she had made for Phoopi enthusiastically,  happy with what she had made. Just as when she was about to enter Dilshad's room, Asad stood in the door blocking the way. Her face instantly fell, how would she get past Phoopi's guard dog- no, guard Dragon?! She took a small step back, her carefully fixed-up dam threatening to break again, through his gaze.

"What are you doing here Miss Farooqui?" He asked in a hauntingly cold voice.

"I-I just wanted to g-give Phoopi the soup I made for her." She stuttered, the tray in her hands shaking. She had underestimated the Asad's abilities when angry.

"There will be no need for that." He said, taking the tray from her hands and closing the door in her face. She stood there, staring at the door for 5 minutes, silent tears streaming down her cheeks.
The bedroom door opened, she gasped and quickly turned around to leave but she was caught by her elbow and pinned against a pillar. She opened her tightly shut eyes and saw Asad seething at her.

"Miss Farooqui, I thought I told you to leave Ammi alone," He said in the softest, yet frightening voice.

"M-Mr Khan I-"

"You do understand that she is in this condition because of YOU? That because of YOUR lies, those goons came looking for Mariam? That because of YOUR carelessness, Ammi almost-"

"Mr. Khan please-"

"Please WHAT Miss Farooqui? You don't even have any guilt? Walking into her room like that when YOU'RE the one who put her there?"

"Mr. Khan trust me, I had sent Mariam-" she gasped in pain.

Asad was pressing her to hurt arm into the wall.

"ENOUGH! ENOUGH WITH THE LIES!"

"Mr. Khan please, y-you're hurting me again..."

He let go of her arms and glared at her.

"Thank god, Miss Farooqui, that you don't have a mother, because you clearly don't understand the value of one."

He shut the door, once again in her face. 

Zoya ran to her room and slammed the door shut, sinking to the floor against its frame. She cried her heart out.

Why Mr. Khan...why did you have to bring Ammi into this? Do you say I don't understand the value of a mother? W-who would know the value of a mother, better than a person who doesn't have one? A person like me? Someone who hasn't had a comforting hand around them when they're down? This is it...I can't stay here like this anymore.

She cried herself to sleep that night, but the other side of the house was a whole different story.

Asad walked into his Ammi's room after a quiet dinner with only Najma present. His head was hurting again, he hadn't gotten enough sleep for 2-3 days. He softly turned the handle

"Ammi?" Asad called out, seeing her sitting up and perfectly happy.

"Ammi, why aren't you resting? The doctor told you to get as much rest as possible!" He started ranting frantically.

"Arre Haan baba, I'll rest, but first tell me, where is Zoya? I haven't seen her all day!"

Asad's anger became evident on his face as he said, "I don't know Ammi, she's probably wandering off somewhere..."

"Asad?" Dilshad asked apprehensively, knowing something was off between the two.

"What happened? Tell me you didn't yell at her for something she does not fault in, again."

"No-fault in? Ammi, SHE'S the reason you're in this condition! She is the one who brought Mariam here and-"

"Asad! Before you humiliate yourself further, let me inform you. I brought Mariam here."

The last four words echoed in Asad's head. Realization and guilt washed over him like a torturous wave. He pressed the bridge of his forehead in complete and utter regret. He had hurt her again. He hadn't listened to her and now he couldn't take his harsh words back, no matter how much he wanted to. At that precise moment, he wanted to run down to her room, hold her, and apologize over and over again. He had almost lost her once, this time, he feared, he might've lost her forever. 

"A-ammi?"

"Yes Asad, I brought Mariam to our house because I saw her walking down the road all alone and scared, so I had to bring her here. Zoya even tried to advise me against it, saying that you might not like this! She's not the one at fault here!"

"Ammi I-"

There was a sudden knock on the door. Asad was hoping it was her. He wanted to run to the door, throw it open and hold her there and then, but then the person who peeped in was Najma.

"Oh, Najma! Come in dear..." Dilshad said sweetly while she shot a glare at Asad. He sighed.

This is gonna be a long week...

Precap: Desperate/nervous Asad!

Heyya! Hope you liked it! Well, it's my first attempt so might be a little short for you guys...

Anyways, see ya when I post the next chap! Or when I reply to your comments😆Peace!

sj_qh_kabhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

This track was so painful! Zoya forgave asad so easily.. You write really well! Hoping to read more ☺️ Update soon❤️

dreamxr thumbnail
Originally posted by: sj_qh_kabhi

This track was so painful! Zoya forgave asad so easily.. You write really well! Hoping to read more ☺️ Update soon❤️

Thank you!!! I know, this track really stood out for me and got my hidden 'writer mind' triggered😆. Will update soon, probably sometime this week! ❤️

bindasss thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Hi! I'm always excited when I see new writers/stories posted on the forum!  

This is a really great start and I'm loving it so far! I always thought Zoya was a little 'too' forgiving in the show and that Asad did the bare minimum when it came to apologizing for his actions! 

You write really well and I'm looking forward to reading your perspective on this! 

bindasss thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

This is a really great start and I'm loving it so far! I always thought Zoya was a little 'too' forgiving in the show and that Asad did the bare minimum when it came to apologizing for his actions! 

You write really well and I'm looking forward to reading your perspective on this! 

dreamxr thumbnail
Originally posted by: bindasss

Thanks!!! I was really kind of disappointed when Asad didn't apologize directly, only when she thought he was gonna slap her (before teri meri) did he say sorry. I was literally like "wth dude?" 🤣

isha123asya thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Wow 😍 very excited to read a new story on asya.. loved your writing .. looking forward . Continue soooonn ✨✨