Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

The problem with Katrina is that she takes more than she can chew. She's good in roles were she plays a mixed ot Occidental girl. 

She was good/decent in (top of mind)

Namaste London

Sarkar

Mere Brother Ki Dulhan

Ek Tha Tiger

She might have been good in some other movies but I don't remember those or have yet to see them 

Optimistic_Jo thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aardhyahybrid

She has so much tenure and still can’t act.  

Care to tell me your thoughts? 

I think she has become better now.

Optimistic_Jo thumbnail

No she isn’t.  Can Katrina do a Chokher Bali? 😆

you cant compare the two i guess...

Optimistic_Jo thumbnail

Aishwarya Rai had success from early on in her career.  She didn’t have Hindi speaking problems.  Katrina struggled and critics weren’t to helpful. 

yes they have had different hurdles during their journey... i guess we must respect that

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I thought she was great in Zero. The only watchable part of that movie. Literally. I skimmed through everything else.

Her acting in it made me wonder if she is really as bad as we all thought she was or if she has the potential to do well in really specifically written roles and so isn't as bad as we thought.

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

I thought she was great in Zero. The only watchable part of that movie. Literally. I skimmed through everything else.

Well SRK and Anushka sucked big time in Zero, so she ended up getting all the MVP notes but still it was sheer fluke indeed because she's still a pathetic actress and her subsequent release Bharat showcased her limitations as a performer all over again https://i.ibb.co/wLtN2GR/shrug2.gif

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

She has so much tenure and still can’t act.  

Care to tell me your thoughts? 

Not everyone can be a Madhuri Dixit: Goddess of everything.

Katrina Kaif is a phenomenal dancer, she has a CRAZY fanbase, her popularity is sky high, but her acting is weak.

Some girls like Vidya Balan have stupendous acting talent, but they lack the dancing skills (which is a huge part of Bollywood, let's not kid ourselves here), and her fanbase is good but so-so, she's not getting superstar endorsements from L'oreal and the like.

Katty had improved in 2009 when New York came out, and then she followed it up with an impressive Mere Brother Ki Dulhan but then she stagnated. I didn't see anything of note from her for the whole decade. 

But I wouldn't say she doesn't try, the girl puts in a lot of hard work and effort, but sadly the dialogue delivery, and lack of understanding desi-ness let's her down. Also, she's not worked with great directors that can really bring out the art from the artist. I mean who knew Sonam Kapoor could pull off a Neerja. I've been rooting for Kattu for the last few years because her personality really started to shine after she had her breakup with Ranbir. Her philosophical side JUMPED OUT in interviews and I was here for it.

I think Katrina is better than Sonam overall. Which is a weird flex I know.

Her best performance is Zero, and she was so good in it. But then Bharat left a lot to be desired for.

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Not everyone can be a Madhuri Dixit: Goddess of everything.

Katrina Kaif is a phenomenal dancer, she has a CRAZY fanbase, her popularity is sky high, but her acting is weak.

Some girls like Vidya Balan have stupendous acting talent, but they lack the dancing skills (which is a huge part of Bollywood, let's not kid ourselves here), and her fanbase is good but so-so, she's not getting superstar endorsements from L'oreal and the like.

Katty had improved in 2009 when New York came out, and then she followed it up with an impressive Mere Brother Ki Dulhan but then she stagnated. I didn't see anything of note from her for the whole decade. 

But I wouldn't say she doesn't try, the girl puts in a lot of hard work and effort, but sadly the dialogue delivery, and lack of understanding desi-ness let's her down. Also, she's not worked with great directors that can really bring out the art from the artist. I mean who knew Sonam Kapoor could pull off a Neerja. I've been rooting for Kattu for the last few years because her personality really started to shine after she had her breakup with Ranbir. Her philosophical side JUMPED OUT in interviews and I was here for it.

I think Katrina is better than Sonam overall. Which is a weird flex I know.

Her best performance is Zero, and she was so good in it. But then Bharat left a lot to be desired for.

The Shade Is Real GIF by VH1

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: JeanieBeanie

I thought she was great in Zero. 

Not really. I think it's that she's SO bad in general that when she performs even slightly better than that, people go gaga. The bar is in the basement for her. In this case, she was basically playing out her own life story. Anand Rai probably got to her enough that she took out her anger/sadness about Ranbir. 

Her expressions are decent sometimes but she's never going to be outright good because she refuses to learn the language so she misses all the nuances and barely knows what she's saying. And who can blame her? Indians worship whiteness and her being foreign is a great attribute to her which she never wants to lose. She will keep separating herself from the pack by being too high and mighty to really learn Hindi. Just the way many Indians also separate themselves by faking their accents and making themselves sound more Western even though they live in India.