Mission:-1000 book Under con

Priya-Anand thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

#100books100perspection

Nadia murad :Happen to read a long time back but now only had the opportunity to finish it. Full name The LAST GIRL :My story of captivity and my fight against the islamic state -

well detail work of Nadia about her brutal experience, this book gave me more courage the fear, a young girl who endured the pain of forced abduction, lost almost all family members( including her mother )& sexual harassment, it is not just nadia, story of many Yazidi girls, cant describe its just story, something beyond that, like rise of the hero from extreme depravity, despite she born in a community who persecuted for centuries but the same culture taught her to be strong throughout her ordeal and she through light on a bit of Iraq history who always in war , First with America, within themselves later with IS

Nadia sold in Mosul, passed from one militant to another,raped,beaten, humiliation ,tortured and finally she managed to escape with good heart Sunni islam family,story does not end here, she and Nasser (who helped her )captured by Kurdish official,her story record and leaked to press in order to take down peshmerga who once promised to protect yazidi community as well as a rival to kurdish

even though devasting to read buts gives so much of courage to fight with the situation that none of us can ever imagine

fav lines :-

"I still think that being forced to leave your home out of fear is one of the worst injustices a human being can face. Everything you love is stolen, and you risk your life to live in a place that means nothing to you and where, because you come from a country now known for war and terrorism, you are not really wanted. So you spend the rest of years longing for what you left behind while praying not to be deported."Image

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Priya-Anand thumbnail

book 8

David Cecil has beautifully written this biography, to be frank, the first 100 pages are super boring to me, I really hate to read further however I don't want to give up ,it is about early victorian PM Lord Melbourn though he is not popular  who guide England around 1830s turbulent, it is interesting to know his character who basically a conservative but unorthodox  too, who had a different opinion about reform revolution yet supported radicals occasionally, regarding his personal his unhappy married life with  caroline (this part only super boring but help to understand his character extensively )even though it's not his own fault he soft towards caroline it is interesting to read  how a  lazy aristocratic became PM of England when the country highly influenced by radical,there was high anticipation about  catholic emancipation 

later young queen victoria accession to the throne who raw in nature ,who required his fatherly affection and guidance as the politics of the age was confusing and complex ,now the industrial revolution  produced a new  age Bourgeoisie,Otherside French revolution made a great impact on British working-class peoples,he suppresses all those new normal unrest and uprising by the iron fist  

Lord M  slow decline, his last unhappy years,especially   ignorance from queen probably most heart wrenching one, regardless of how much you  are  loyal to some one at the end of the day u will be treated like trash esp if you are not in their equal status ,no matter how much efforts you put for them once (even though i learned this lesson long time back ,once again got strong reminder from Lord M life)

this book is worth reading for last 30 pages 

there are plenty of fav lines but these are so special 

* What I want is men who will support me when I am in the wrong.(Replying to a politician who said 'I will support you as long as you are in the right', )

*Nobody ever did anything very foolish except from some strong principle.

Priya-Anand thumbnail

book9

fewer dream:

each thing she tells you is going to be worse

initially i dont want post about this book for two reason,first the title itself drive me crazy nowadays i scared to hear this word,second the book itself creepy at first reading,however, i liked it after second reading but i need to read one more time to get clear picture till i m in a mood like what i have been reading :) even i request a friend to clarify few things from these,that person gives me a beautiful reply that only mothers can understand this novel ,is it ?mothers can related this novel very much,

based on my two time reading this is what i understand,main plot background in rural Argentina,where out protagonist amanda spent her vacation with her daughter nina,first reading i completely presume as a horror story but later i had to knew its illustrate environment pollution in south Argentina 

Here Amada met another women carla who's son David ,he became strange after drunk polluted water (pesticides ) his soul separated from his body in order to save him,none of the character is rational in this story so best one can read this book without noticing any logic ,  whole novel dialogue between Amanda(who is in dead battle ) and David,what is brought to emergency clinic ,all those dialogue  possible to be a hallucination of amada,

i don't understand about worm reference but i find what's rescue distance (the book first  wrote in Spanish where its titled as rescue distance ) the distance between Amada and Nina,(in case Nina reach to the pool  where David got sick after drinking the water  ) if anyone already read this please explain me i really love to know more about this book and its background 

overall its  unforgettable short novel , most enduring one

,every little things is imp will read it for third  time 

Priya-Anand thumbnail

book10: On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong

#100BOOK100PERSPECTION 

Cant believe slightly overcome with my brain fog , this the first novel I read within two days after a very log time,got the suggestion about the BOOK  from Tapu   On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong this first novel of  the author and the first time I read his book,

this novel almost like a biography of Vietnam war 's survivors (book is like he wote letters to his mother who don't know English kind self confession about all his pain  ) he explains his harrowing experiences in  extraordinary manner,a  fragment of the family  emigrated to Hartford (they hailed from napalm),

being a Yellow boy he  constantly tormented  by white classmates and absued by  loving yet mentally ill mother ,this book all about  what was a refugee& survivor got through  the aftermath of a great  trauma ,who  finds solace in his first love affair witha guy, however that too went as a tragic relationship 

thanks Tapu and friends pls do suggest  me to read some book,no issues with genre  

Priya-Anand thumbnail

book 11 

#100book #100perspection

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Let me to congratulate me first ,after disaster attempt since 2015 finally i accomplish this task, this story  started off annoying me, around 4 or 5 th chapter i gave up, coz its  tedious and as  Everywhere women life forced get married soon and the society which scared off independent women ( regardless of eastern or western), but story ended up enchanting me,and this is one among the few book gave me a feel like  "why ended so soon",This Novel wrote around 1813 all the social customs were frivolous because considering feminism still England in its baby step, the story began with  Mrs. Bennet whose mother of Five girls and her only goal in life is to get her daughters married,and she desperate to get acquaintance of wealthy neighbor Mr.Bingley who just came there along with his sister and a proud friend Mr.Darchy(who is multiple time rich  then Bingley), Later bingly develop some romantic feeling towards Elder sister Jane who consider  fair among all  ,this story all about pride of Mr.Darchy and prejudiced of Elizabeth about Darcy. Almost the entire work deals with marriage & prejudice of love and money, class differences especially middle class vs peers, individual pride and vanity which comes from Marriage, middle-class girl's ethics and the way they are treated by financially improved society.

Jane Austen perfectly captures the early 19th-century, exceptional in whole books is the self-evolution of both the male and female protagonists. Our heroine Lizzy  is flawed, prejudiced yet  strong, she refuses marriage proposals as she not ready to marry anyone for comfort or money and silent Darchy epitome of thoughtful and proud yet romantic,to myself the Most loveable character of the whole book is Jane bennet who just love the people for being themselves never develop any prejudiced, this nature  is too rare to find,

one flaw in novel is  parents develop biased or favoritism among the kids for example Mr.bennet's favorite child Lizzy and Mrs.Bennet's is Lydia  otherwise  there is nothing more I can add to vouch for its awesomeness

Edited by Priya-Anand - 2 years ago