Please bring back long animated vertical gifs

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

We miss the old IF features

One of the most missed features is The long animated vertical gifs in profile (instead of a still circle image). This feature allowed for more creativity by avatar makers, members loved using them and they were eye-catching for our friends (and non-members) to view. 

We were able to stack about 4 gifs together 

Please like this post if you agree, comment and share the URL with your friends 

Edited by priya185 - 2 years ago

Yes Vijay sir please bring long avatars and vertical gifs back, we used to put those long avatar in our dp, it used to look so elegant. Also, if the long avatars are back then we will see more creativity by artists, now their are very less artists but if you bring back those avatars we will see more siggy shops and more creativity. Please consider our request. Thank you

Absolutely. Please please bring back those long avatars. They were so pretty  

They don’t have to be animated either. Would love to see the creativity back with some semblance of the old IF. Thank you 😊 

Originally posted by SoniRSippu21

Yes Vijay sir please bring long avatars and vertical gifs back, we used to put those long avatar in our dp, it used to look so elegant. Also, if the long avatars are back then we will see more creativity by artists, now their are very less artists but if you bring back those avatars we will see more siggy shops and more creativity. Please consider our request. Thank you

Well I understand that some members want that long avatar back however the issue with that is now more and more users have moved to Mobile.

And that type would only work with desktop layouts and not all are on fast networks and people do not like slow sites.

Anyways I will look into it and see how we can come up with a better idea which addresses this issue.

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago

Originally posted by vijay

Well I understand that some members want that long avatar back however the issue with that is now more and more users have moved to Mobile.

And that type would only work with desktop layouts and not all are on fast networks and people do not like slow sites.

Anyways I will look into it and see how we can come up with a better idea which addresses this issue.

We could probably have the option of turning it on/off like one we have for signatures?

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

We could probably have the option of turning it on/off like one we have for signatures?

Problem is with the layout on Mobile devices which is around 83% of the site traffic.

Originally posted by vijay

Thanks for the response 

Can IF do something so  the gif is only visible on desktop and circle one (something similar to the current one) shows on mobile? 

Originally posted by priya185

Thanks for the response 

Can IF do something so  the gif is only visible on desktop and circle one (something similar to the current one) shows on mobile? 

We will look into it.

Regards,

Yes, please! I would absolutely love to have the gif DP back on IF. 

Agreeing with Priya, you can have the gif only visible on the desktop version, and the one that is there now can show on the mobile/app version. πŸ‘πŸΌ

You can probably limit the size so that the users do not use extremely heavy gifs on the DP but please please try to bring it back. πŸ˜³

Edited by mrinzi810 - 2 years ago