19 January Live Update - After Eviction

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

10:30pm: "You have spoken, Jade is coming out... again..." are the opening words of Davina's second show introduction. She explains once again that there is no crowd tonight, and Davina's announcement from earlier tonight is played again to viewers. Footage is shown of Shilpa crying in the toilets, comforted by Ian and Jade telling the others: "I'm a prick. I don't know why I came back in here. It was the beginning of my career, and the end of my career."

10:32pm: Davina goes live to the house once again and informs Jade she has 30 seconds to say her goodbyes. She says her farewells to each of the
housemates, giving them all hugs and Shilpa tells her to "take care of herself." She tells Jack: "love you loads", while giving him a farewell kiss.

10:33pm: Jade goes up the stairs to leave the house, telling Danielle and Jo they are fab. The housemates are made to shut the door by Big Brother before Jade leaves, to a silent outside. "This is so weird," she says as Davina gives her a hug and they walk to the studio as Davina tries to explain: "I don't know how much you know about what's gone on this week and why there is nobody here, but all will become clear after the break."

10:34pm: They walk on towards the studio with a number of cameramen and bodyguards (Ed: Not sure why there is so much added security when there is no crowd?)

10:37pm: Adverts over, part two begins. Jade is in the Big Brother studio with Davina, there is a number of selected studio audience members, probably most are crew - as there is a mixed reaction of cheers and booing. "So yeh, quite an odd exit. You must be one of the only people in England, or around the planet who has no idea of the impact that Celebrity Big Brother has had." Davina says, before introducing a montage of news clips that Jade is being shown. She looks visibly shocked.

10:40pm: "What do you make of that?" asks Davina, before Jade says: "That explains a lot of things. Being called in to the Diary Room, helicopters, no crowd." She is then shown a highlights package of Jade's bullying antics, Jade
watches on concerned with her hands over her face. Images of the argument from earlier this week, and clips of the other housemates discussing Jade's antics in the Diary Room are also shown.

10:41pm: Jade is obviously embarrassed. "It's nasty," she says after Davina asked for a reaction. "I am not a racist, but looking at that film I can see why people would think that and why it has created the reaction it has."

10:43pm: Someone in the audience shouts out "stop saying it" as Jade tries to justify her use of the phrase "Shilpa Poppadom" and repeatedly says it. Davina interrupts and apologises, as Jade tries to further explain that she doesn't like Shilpa and her reasons for saying what she has said.

10:44pm: "You're almost trying to excuse the fact, that you and the girls have been doing a bit of bitching behind her back? That's quite cruel - it's not right to do bitching behind her back, and then go and tell her what you've said." Davina said. "You wouldn't let it go." Jade tries to justify it once again, saying how annoyed they were about Shilpa's incorrect cooking of the chicken earlier in the week.

10:45pm: Davina: "Just to bring you back to the racist comments that everyone has been talking about in the press, abroad and in India - what would you say to anyone who suggests you are a racist?" Jade goes on to say: "I sincerely apologise, to anyone who I have offended. My hand on my heart, I am not a racist. It is not down to editing, because I did say those things - I walked out of that house from Shilpa, and she knows I am not a racist. I meant no actual hate or nasty... I can't dignify myself in that respect... that video footage of myself, is just nasty. I'm not going to sit here and try to justify myself, I did say those things, they're nasty - but I am not a racist. I don't judge people by the colour of their skin or where they come from. What this has taught me is that people can come from different backgrounds and cultures..." Davina interrupts and suggests, that some bullying was going on - "You were all accused of giving Shilpa a very tough time because she is different, it was all about the cooking of the food..."

10:48pm: When asked again about the bullying, Jade said: "I wouldn't say I'm a bully, I am outspoken as everyone knows, but the thing with that is that there are 2 other girls who happen to think the same - I can see why it can be thought as bullying..."

10:49pm: "Was it a class thing?" Davina asked, "There's nothing about it really, it wasn't about the 'servant' thing - what got my back up the most in that argument was that I needed etiquette lessons and that I was common."

10:50pm: "That night, it was one step too far," Davina said, responding to the argument relating to stock cubes. "Yes, there was an argument that occured, and yes my tone had become more raised, but Shilpa's tone was still the same..." she tried to explain, as Davina praised the way Shilpa coped with the abuse.

10:51pm: When asked if she has learnt anything while being in the house? "Just because someone who doesn't argue the same way as you, or just doesn't shout the same as you - and is from different backgrounds and cultures, doesn't mean they are fake. I was sincerely really upset about what may have happened, and now I am embarrassed and disgusted in myself." she closes the interview by saying

Enjoy😳

radha07 and misangelic

CBB Written Updaters😳

Edited by radha07 - 17 years ago
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 😉 😳 👏
i'm happy to know that atleast she feels embarrassed of herself.
put the videos plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz