Pandya Store

Pandya Store Scene Game - Page 3

funny_fubar thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Ok last one 🤣

Scrap the whole prasad making scene- In my perfect PS universe, Dhara would have just called Raavi and Rishitha, told them (like an actual adult), that Maa has prefers them to make prasad together. They are free to make their own prasad, but each of them needs to touch the others prasad and put tulsi leaf. 

No drama. No dragging. No crying 

Edited by funny_fubar - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

milkcakejamun thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ValleyOfPeace

Taunt maar saas and bechari dhara scene in last week episodes.

Reason- It put rang mein bhang in Suman’s sensible arguments against Gaura. The scene would have been impeccable if the childless taunt would’ve been scraped and instead she would have shown anger through some more sensible words. 

It would not have given Dhara pain and therefore the main focus on her mistake would have still been there. Instead they made her bechari to garner sympathy for her which is wrong.

What could have been done- They should have shown Suman enter angrily, talk sense and then calm down as she schools her son and dil. She should have explained to her about how life will test them more and to never resort to violence to explain something to anybody. She should have told Dhara to never hide anything from her and start treating the kids as grown up and take a step back. She should have told Dhara that she was alive to support her and guide her. Then she should have told Gaumbi that a good companion doesn’t blindly follow someone but guides too when they r wrong. Also that having good intention isn’t enough but actions are counted too. And that if intention is good but the action was bad then it puts everything in jeopardy. Suman’s wisdom would hve shone through. Instead of pushing Dhara out she should have resolved it. The whole over the top hum mar jayenge would have been avoided.

(Nice thread btw)

This was BEAUTIFUL!!! I am literally speechless 👏!!

You have literally found everything that was bothersome and irritating in that scene! Suman doesn't have to be a perfect character, but considering how she is a mother, I would've expected her to be slightly sympathetic to Dhara as she is currently childless.

And your "What Could Have Been Done" is the perfect fix to the problem! It allows all the characters to shine while explaining to the audience how violence is never the answer to any problem, and how being a silent bystander (Gaumbi) is also very, very wrong!

milkcakejamun thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: funny_fubar

I don’t want to be too repetitive, but I made this suggestion on many other threads multiple times:

I want to remove the 2nd YKB scene where Suman stops Dhara. While she had a decent enough reasoning(why can’t you just say sorry), I felt we missed a major Dhara growth opportunity 🙁

I want Dhara to go back to Hardik, have Hardik be a sensible unbiased ear that listens to all sides( he can question Suman and Gautam about sending Dhara away). I want Dhara to take some time to introspect and  process all the happenings since the marriage fiasco without any responsibilities on her head, with Hardik guiding her to figure out where she went wrong. Hardik could also point out to Suman and Gautam where they are wrong in how they make Dhara the single point of accountability and failure.

I know there are shooting restrictions, but it is kind of a poor excuse on this day and age. They could have cut so many of the stammering attempts of Dhara to tell Suman about the batwara, pulled the situation of Suman coming to know the truth atleast by 3-4 episodes. Then they could have had Hardik on a video call trying to resolve this( I am saying this because it is being used in other currently running SP serials).

The pacing is terrible and as mentioned in the EDT- they are focusing on wrong and illogical things, but letting the true gripping moments to pass away without emphasis. If they had focused on Dhara actually realizing how much has gone wrong instead of having Shiva (unconvincingly) say that Dhara was right, we would have a major turnaround in the acceptance of Dhara.

Though at this point I am beginning to think there is a problem in the attitude of the writers. If the person writing itself does not understand right from wrong, then we will never get characters that grow. I think that the writer(s) truly believe what Dhara did is right and great. In that case there can be no redemption, because the person writing the character itself does not thing there is anything to be redeemed.

Sorry for the rant. I am kind of loosing hope in the show. I would never flip on a show because of costumes or bad CGI or minor editing issues. Because this is supposed to be a long running serial and quality will slip over time. But when the writing looses it’s plot and the dialogues are terrible, then it becomes difficult to overlook.

Apologies that I couldn't respond sooner! I had to run a few errands.

This wasn't a rant at all! I enjoyed reading every bit and you brought up a ton of valid points! (and sorry for the long rant I will give you 😆)

As even @ML mentioned in the EDTs, I am losing hope that we will have a proper Dhara redemption/growth. And I am beginning to think along the same lines as you. I think a lot of this is related to the attitude of the writers. For example, it seems like the writers are constantly feeding us, "Elders are right, no matter what." 

I wasn't a big fan of how the makers handled Dev's apology. In the Telugu version, the character apologized even before the wedding and said, "I never intended for any of this to work out in this way. I am sorry, and if there is anything I could do to make it up to you, let me know." And later that night, he went to apologize to Raavi, even though she was too angry to hear/forgive him. There was no, "I'm your older brother" nonsense, and had I seen that, I definitely would not have continued watching the show. I don't need Dev to go down on his knees and beg for forgiveness, I just needed him to walk on over to Shiva and Raavi when it was most relevant and say, "I really am truly sorry."

And it's not like the writers don't know what apologizing is either. So far, we have seen Krish apologizing on the same day (smoking incident where he apologizes to Shiva and says he will quit), Shiva and Krish apologizing to Rishita and Dhara on the day of the incident, Rishita apologizing to Dhara and Suman, and Dev apologizing to Rishita. All of these apologies are able to happen so quickly because it is younger characters apologizing to the older characters, but it seems the older characters are not budging to apologize to the younger characters. The apologies that I am still waiting on are Dhara to Krish and Shiva, Rishita to Raavi, and Dev to Raavi. It's ridiculous that they are promoting such a regressive message, and I don't want to say, "But it's ITV" because that should not be an excuse. It's 2021, and so many people in the world are watching your content, domestic and international fans alike. The world is obsessed with K-dramas despite a language barrier. If you really want a greater audience, appeal for what is right not what the TRP audience wants in India.

Moving back to Dhara's growth opportunity. Excellent suggestion! Dhara's relationship with her brother has not been properly explored yet. I don't mind if Hardik has to call in, at least we will get to see him and know he exists, and it would be a great way to still include him in the show. Also, it's 2021. Most people have phones and can call in at the least if video calling doesn't work 🙄. Hardik could definitely be the one to point out Dhara's mistakes and the Pandya family's mistakes. I can totally see him being the voice of reason here.

And lol, I won't even comment on the pacing as I usually troll the editing department in the EDTs. I'll save you from that rant 🤣

Anyway, thanks for reading this long rant, and thanks for providing your input!

milkcakejamun thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nafees5

Dhara puking scene and all her hallucination scenes

Those scenes were just pure nonsense.

It wasn't needed at all because she didn't apologize in the end so why all the drama and nautanki to tell the truth.

Lol, this is why I started this whole thread... I was re-watching a few episodes on Hotstar and didn't understand why certain scenes were present in the show. They either were nonsensical or tried to distract the audience from major issues.

I typically don't like dream sequences (unless it's Raavi dreaming with Shiva playing small minor role in her dreams 🤣), but I really wish this whole Dhara hitting sequence was a dream... definitely the poorest track on the whole show. 

funny_fubar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: milkcakejamun

Apologies that I couldn't respond sooner! I had to run a few errands.

This wasn't a rant at all! I enjoyed reading every bit and you brought up a ton of valid points! (and sorry for the long rant I will give you 😆)

As even @ML mentioned in the EDTs, I am losing hope that we will have a proper Dhara redemption/growth. And I am beginning to think along the same lines as you. I think a lot of this is related to the attitude of the writers. For example, it seems like the writers are constantly feeding us, "Elders are right, no matter what." 

I wasn't a big fan of how the makers handled Dev's apology. In the Telugu version, the character apologized even before the wedding and said, "I never intended for any of this to work out in this way. I am sorry, and if there is anything I could do to make it up to you, let me know." And later that night, he went to apologize to Raavi, even though she was too angry to hear/forgive him. There was no, "I'm your older brother" nonsense, and had I seen that, I definitely would not have continued watching the show. I don't need Dev to go down on his knees and beg for forgiveness, I just needed him to walk on over to Shiva and Raavi when it was most relevant and say, "I really am truly sorry."

And it's not like the writers don't know what apologizing is either. So far, we have seen Krish apologizing on the same day (smoking incident where he apologizes to Shiva and says he will quit), Shiva and Krish apologizing to Rishita and Dhara on the day of the incident, Rishita apologizing to Dhara and Suman, and Dev apologizing to Rishita. All of these apologies are able to happen so quickly because it is younger characters apologizing to the older characters, but it seems the older characters are not budging to apologize to the younger characters. The apologies that I am still waiting on are Dhara to Krish and Shiva, Rishita to Raavi, and Dev to Raavi. It's ridiculous that they are promoting such a regressive message, and I don't want to say, "But it's ITV" because that should not be an excuse. It's 2021, and so many people in the world are watching your content, domestic and international fans alike. The world is obsessed with K-dramas despite a language barrier. If you really want a greater audience, appeal for what is right not what the TRP audience wants in India.

Moving back to Dhara's growth opportunity. Excellent suggestion! Dhara's relationship with her brother has not been properly explored yet. I don't mind if Hardik has to call in, at least we will get to see him and know he exists, and it would be a great way to still include him in the show. Also, it's 2021. Most people have phones and can call in at the least if video calling doesn't work 🙄. Hardik could definitely be the one to point out Dhara's mistakes and the Pandya family's mistakes. I can totally see him being the voice of reason here.

And lol, I won't even comment on the pacing as I usually troll the editing department in the EDTs. I'll save you from that rant 🤣

Anyway, thanks for reading this long rant, and thanks for providing your input!

💯

You would think that having been made in more than 5 regional languages, they would have so many variations on how to execute a sequence of events. 

I was expecting the Hindi version to be a sort of polished version where they pick the best of different versions. I think that expectation was probably misplaced 🙈

milkcakejamun thumbnail

I my perfect PS universe , I would have modified the Dining table scene. 

Ok let’s assume there is no major hospital near the haveli. I can imagine a scene where a doctor is just leaving the haveli while talking to Gautam… implying that he has been called from nearby town, and has checked everyone and given some sort ok for them not be admitted in an ICU 😂 Like he can have some dialogue like “Mukteshwar ki kripa say, sahi samay pe nikal gaye- toh jyada serious issues nahin hain. Please have them take complete rest till they recover”.

We could have had Gaumbi order food from outside. The ladies still serve food, and same dining scene dialog. Also would have Raavi sitting down while serving Shiva 🤨

The doctor is so needed. Just put Ravi bhaiyya in a white coat and let him be the doc 🤣 (he doesn't even need the stethoscope, just give him a black bag or something 😂) He could give us wonderful BTS pics and we would get the doc scene we all want! It would be a win-win situation!

And also, lol @bold, I read this completely wrong the first time and read "Raavi sitting down on Shiva while serving Shiva" and was like woah 🤣 what a scene 🤣🤣

milkcakejamun thumbnail

Ok last one 🤣

Scrap the whole prasad making scene- In my perfect PS universe, Dhara would have just called Raavi and Rishitha, told them (like an actual adult), that Maa has prefers them to make prasad together. They are free to make their own prasad, but each of them needs to touch the others prasad and put tulsi leaf. 

No drama. No dragging. No crying 

This is the most reasonable solution, but it appears the ITV audience doesn't like smooth sailing so the makers give us the dragging drama with tears 😂. Sometimes I wonder how this show would be taken if Netflix or Amazon was producing and bankrolling it...

funny_fubar thumbnail

The doctor is so needed. Just put Ravi bhaiyya in a white coat and let him be the doc 🤣 (he doesn't even need the stethoscope, just give him a black bag or something 😂) He could give us wonderful BTS pics and we would get the doc scene we all want! It would be a win-win situation!

And also, lol @bold, I read this completely wrong the first time and read "Raavi sitting down on Shiva while serving Shiva" and was like woah 🤣 what a scene 🤣🤣

@bold 🤣

@red 🤣🤣 Maybe if they are alone 😋

funny_fubar thumbnail

This is the most reasonable solution, but it appears the ITV audience doesn't like smooth sailing so the makers give us the dragging drama with tears 😂. Sometimes I wonder how this show would be taken if Netflix or Amazon was producing and bankrolling it...

Are’nt they even worse 🤣 I rarely see light hearted family content on both platforms. The shows are gritty or serious. I might be wrong here 😁 I think my husband sees more gritty shows. Every time he turns on the TV(we don’t have cable- only Netflix or Amazon) I run away to do house chores 😂

nafees5 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Lol, this is why I started this whole thread... I was re-watching a few episodes on Hotstar and didn't understand why certain scenes were present in the show. They either were nonsensical or tried to distract the audience from major issues.

I typically don't like dream sequences (unless it's Raavi dreaming with Shiva playing small minor role in her dreams 🤣), but I really wish this whole Dhara hitting sequence was a dream... definitely the poorest track on the whole show. 

Exactly those scenes were just for distraction but unfortunately it didn't work. It pissed the audience even more(atleast here😂).This track has ruined a lead character so badly I don't even know what to say! 

@bold we won't mind that at all😆