Thoughts on Karthik and Ishqi- an invite - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by Monstuholic

I have no issues if they are not romantically involved with each other but in my head I just can't see why a liberal girl like her choose an orthodox person like Ahaan. 

Its an open discussion, we are not negating anyone's thoughts.

IMO love and feelings are beyond all this.

You can be friends with a guy with good wit, sense of humour, happy go lucky cheerful personality. You can enjoy with them, you can share a great bonding but love is certainly way beyond than just this.

Even though sometimes our nature , wit , humour doesn't match a person but love still strikes there.. it's not always we want a similar person who's a mirror to us to be our life partner..we crave for something else.

I agree Kartik is a sweet guy and somewhere there's someone for him as well.

But for love to happen there should be attraction, addiction, feelings, hustle in your hearts, butterflies in your stomach etc..which I don't see happening between Kartik and Ishqi.

They are more like besties or siblings jodi.

In an alternate universe, where Ahaan doesn't exist, these two would definitely be great together, their chemistry is cute n refreshing! 

I get what you mean. TBH when I saw the very first promos of IPZN, I thought they both fall for the same girl😆 The thing is, Ishqi and Karthik are compatible nature-wise but Gul shows are always about two polar opposites meeting by chance and falling for each other despite the odds. It's a done to death formula she uses and it does get monotonous and predictable if you're familiar with her shows. Not only Gul though, it's probably the most used trope in ITV in general. The overarching theme of IPZN is to show how two people who are least likely to complement each other learn to get along, co-exist and love one another despite their conflicting views on life, family, relationships and love, and also how they negotiate these values. In an AU, Karthik and Ishqi might be a perfect match but I think people like it more when there is a fire, a certain push and pull and some angst in the romance which two very different people like Ishqi and Ahaan can create.

Edited by rubys07 - 2 years ago

2 ppl who feel opposite are not really opposite in their roots and 2 ppl who feel same are not really same in their roots. 

the important part in a relationship is that u share a past that will not change come what may. same past can get ppl to be different in their presents but the core reasons they have will always remain the same. 

kartik and ishqi have the same mentality right(present) now but their past is different. their cores are different. so the chances of them growing towards each other in the future reduces because they do not understand where they are coming from. kartik is mentally stable because he has had a happy childhood while ishqi is an orphan and has had to struggle. their emotional intensity will never be the same. 

whereas ahaan and ishqi share the same baggage of a childhood filled with responsibilities. they know exactly what they have been through and understand each other's triggers. this emotional intensity draws them to each other. they do not need words to explain themselves to the other. they just get it. ishqi knows ahaan is insecure and needs love and ahaan knows ishqi needs help but she has no choice but to be strong. and this nobody else knows. not even kartik knows this about ahaan. 

I think Ishki and Kartik are better as friends tbh and would be even without Ahaan around. Some people are just compatible without having romantic chemistry and thats fine because friendship is a great relationship. 

I know we see Ahaan and Ishki as polar opposites but I don't think they are. Their approach to things are different and so are their beliefs but a lot of their priorities match. They care most of their family and put their loved ones happiness above anything else. They're both the more reponsible ones in ANY relationship they have, they're the protectors, the care-takers. I think thats why Ahaan had a conflict with Ishki in the first place. He's so used to taking care of people that its weird for him that Ishki does everything on her own. Its a relationship dynamic unfamiliar to him? But you can see he's warming up to it because in the last episode he went to Ishki for advice. 

Edited by Magenta17 - 2 years ago

I don't ship Karthik-Ishqi as in the serial they kinda give me sibling or best friend vibes. 

In the show, I ship Ishqaan❤️Though they appear to be opposites, they are inherently same- selfless,caring, protective of their loved ones and keep family above everything. Their love story has been shown in a convincing way here so I don't mind them.

Though I kinda agree, Ishqi probably would have been happy with someone like Karthik rather than Ahaansmiley36 and her life would have been easier with someone like him. In general in real life I don't think an Ishqi would ever go for an Ahaan, she would go for someone like Karthik. Moreover, here they may show Ahaan changing his thoughts later but in real its not easy at all and mostly this kind of thinking cannot be changed at all.

Originally posted by NormalGirl93

IMO love and feelings are beyond all this.

You can be friends with a guy with good wit, sense of humour, happy go lucky cheerful personality. You can enjoy with them, you can share a great bonding but love is certainly way beyond than just this.

Even though sometimes our nature , wit , humour doesn't match a person but love still strikes there.. it's not always we want a similar person who's a mirror to us to be our life partner..we crave for something else.

I agree Kartik is a sweet guy and somewhere there's someone for him as well.

But for love to happen there should be attraction, addiction, feelings, hustle in your hearts, butterflies in your stomach etc..which I don't see happening between Kartik and Ishqi.

They are more like besties or siblings jodi.

yes, they can develop further their friendship too 

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

In an alternate universe, where Ahaan doesn't exist, these two would definitely be great together, their chemistry is cute n refreshing! 

absolutely!

Originally posted by rubys07

I get what you mean. TBH when I saw the very first promos of IPZN, I thought they both fall for the same girl😆 The thing is, Ishqi and Karthik are compatible nature-wise but Gul shows are always about two polar opposites meeting by chance and falling for each other despite the odds. It's a done to death formula she uses and it does get monotonous and predictable if you're familiar with her shows. Not only Gul though, it's probably the most used trope in ITV in general. The overarching theme of IPZN is to show how two people who are least likely to complement each other learn to get along, co-exist and love one another despite their conflicting views on life, family, relationships and love, and also how they negotiate these values. In an AU, Karthik and Ishqi might be a perfect match but I think people like it more when there is a fire, a certain push and pull and some angst in the romance which two very different people like Ishqi and Ahaan can create.

Perhaps...

Originally posted by war_is_peace

2 ppl who feel opposite are not really opposite in their roots and 2 ppl who feel same are not really same in their roots. 

the important part in a relationship is that u share a past that will not change come what may. same past can get ppl to be different in their presents but the core reasons they have will always remain the same. 

kartik and ishqi have the same mentality right(present) now but their past is different. their cores are different. so the chances of them growing towards each other in the future reduces because they do not understand where they are coming from. kartik is mentally stable because he has had a happy childhood while ishqi is an orphan and has had to struggle. their emotional intensity will never be the same. 

whereas ahaan and ishqi share the same baggage of a childhood filled with responsibilities. they know exactly what they have been through and understand each other's triggers. this emotional intensity draws them to each other. they do not need words to explain themselves to the other. they just get it. ishqi knows ahaan is insecure and needs love and ahaan knows ishqi needs help but she has no choice but to be strong. and this nobody else knows. not even kartik knows this about ahaan. 

I don't quite agree to this but I understand this to some extent