What happened to Virat?| DT P.2

Posted: 2 years ago

*Edited by DT*

When I saw Neil in the show and watched few episodes I was really impressed by the seemingly progressive male lead. I thought finally Neil will get the best role of his career. 

But my assumptions were proven wrong really soon. Virat is the most inconsistently written character in the entire show. Even karishma is written tangentially but not the damn male lead.

I think Virat has many flaws inherently which the makers didn't explore or even tried to rectify by plotlines BUT chose to shove them under the garb of him being a "progressive" husband.

Virat could've been an outright gray character and I would've been really happy but makers have made him a literal pendulum, it seems like he has no mind of his own despite being a high ranking officer whose job is to catch criminals. It just all makes virat look so stupid.

For the writers, they could've avoided few scenes which were OTT and actually really ruined their male lead like denying Sai food or kicking her out of the house. I know they are getting TRPs out of this but how will someone justify this behaviour?

Why do they want to send their damn male lead down a path which is irredeemable? Do they realise they're making their make lead look so apathetic and downright abusive.

Makers really need to wake up and realise what damage they've done to their leads characterisation. It's only because of the leads chemistry that people are still sticking to the show, so thank god for the actors.

Edited by WildestDreams - 2 years ago

Blind copying is one of the reason. When you write a character, you consider his thought process, his ideology, his core elements. How he would react to a situation etc etc. Here they haven't done anything of that sort. There is no cohesion in his personality. I sometimes wonder how did he oust Sai in his extreme anger. Whether that was an anomaly or if that's his core nature. I am strongly inclined towards very very weak writing. That explains a lot. 

Very true. The blindy copy paste is sad. They forget to stay true to the character they built up. They have done this not only with Virat but sometimes with Sai too.  But Virat is definitely the MOST poorly written character mainly because of how inconsistent they show him. Its ONLY neil bhatt's acting and expressions that salvage it. Pp is the most hated character and she is extremely poorly performed by the actor but the character is extremely consistent. Same with bk, ninad, omi, ashwini- all have consistency. But as one of the MAIN leads of the show Virst should get more thought and effort into the writing/depiction. They have him behave in such a bipolar way....

That’s the only way to  justify FL lead mistakes and create sympathy for her bu butchering the male lead . It’s very common in ITV . 

Let’s take the recent track as an example , if CN niwas hadn’t taunted Sai then the fact that she was washing dirty linen in public would be obvious and Virat would have called that out but by not making him talk Sai was proven right and she gained all the sympathy . 

Let’s take Pulkit case , if Virat hadn’t thrown her out then the focus would be on the fact that she betrayed Virat’s trust . How else can they justify Sai without butchering other characters . Even in the hand holding scene , Sai’s act of disrespecting her spouse in public was justified by making Virat commit a bigger mistake

I sometime laugh when I read things like Sai is not getting her due and others in the show have more influence. 

They are lazy with Virat.. FLs do get glorified at the expense of ML .. but it takes about 1 .. 1 and half years to reach there..here Virat has been shown to be a badly written character from the fourth month of the show😆😆🤣.. so yeah.. writers are lazy there.. 

Also he is being butchered to not glorify the FL per se.. but to accomodate the third lead ..give her screen space and some sympathy... They hardly wrote him nicely for two months.. lazy lazy writing.. since the shiw is surviving on the hyped chemistry...

And also because its a blind copy paste you see 😆🤣

BTW Answer to your question LOVE happened to Virat 🤪

Edited by asmi_joya - 2 years ago
Originally posted by 404_NotFound

That’s the only way to  justify FL lead mistakes and create sympathy for her bu butchering the male lead . It’s very common in ITV . 

Let’s take the recent track as an example , if CN niwas hadn’t taunted Sai then the fact that she was washing dirty linen in public would be obvious and Virat would have called that out but by not making him talk Sai was proven right and she gained all the sympathy . 

Let’s take Pulkit case , if Virat hadn’t thrown her out then the focus would be on the fact that she betrayed Virat’s trust . How else can they justify Sai without butchering other characters . Even in the hand holding scene , Sai’s act of disrespecting her spouse in public was justified by making Virat commit a bigger mistake

I sometime laugh when I read things like Sai is not getting her due and others in the show have more influence. 

+1

I was typing this then you had already posted, just adding  something 

In this track only Virat not speaking in Sai’s favor is the highlight when Sai is speaking against him, she is accusing him of having an EMA, said their relationship is “ghinona”, he purposely went outside the room and made sure Pakhi watches him so she can question Sai next day, accusations on Virat were way bigger from Sai’s side

If someone is defaming me, why would I defend him? If situations were reversed and Virat had questioned Sai’s character like this, the whole thing would have hit a different tangent 

This whole point was ignored because Virat didn’t voice it out and he can’t because giving him dialogues means one has to shut the show tomorrow 

Edited by NoraSM - 2 years ago

Originally posted by NoraSM

+1

I was typing this then you had already posted, just adding  something 

In this track only Virat not speaking in Sai’s favor is the highlight when Sai is speaking against him, she is accusing him of having an EMA, said their relationship is “ghinona”, he purposely went outside the room and made sure Pakhi watches him so she can question Sai next day, accusations on Virat were way bigger from Sai’s side

If someone is defaming me, why would I defend him? If situations were reversed and Virat had questioned Sai’s character like this, the whole thing would have hit a different tangent 

This whole point was ignored because Virat didn’t voice it out and he can’t because giving him dialogues means one has to shut the show tomorrow 

Well said . Completely agree here . He was the one who was accused of having an affair and his character was questioned but he didn’t get a single dialogue where he can show how his character is questioned . 

If there was a role reversal , they would have given dialogues to Sai on how her character is questioned and how innocent she is . 

Originally posted by 404_NotFound

Well said . Completely agree here . He was the one who was accused of having an affair and his character was questioned but he didn’t get a single dialogue where he can show how his character is questioned . 

If there was a role reversal , they would have given dialogues to Sai on how her character is questioned and how innocent she is . 

Definitely and it is working for them, People have a connection with Sai, They feel for her, They love her and there’s absolutely no work required on any other character because Sai is working and they are getting TRP

Originally posted by NoraSM

Definitely and it is working for them, People have a connection with Sai, They feel for her, They love her and there’s absolutely no work required on any other character because Sai is working and they are getting TRP

I guess that’s the secret of every successful ITV show . Let’s see if the TRPs hit all time high this week . TRP audiences love bechari FL and online audiences love psuedo feminism. People who are looking for equality is frustrated . The ML are eye candy in ITV show . 

Originally posted by Phoenix-58

Blind copying is one of the reason. When you write a character, you consider his thought process, his ideology, his core elements. How he would react to a situation etc etc. Here they haven't done anything of that sort. There is no cohesion in his personality. I sometimes wonder how did he oust Sai in his extreme anger. Whether that was an anomaly or if that's his core nature. I am strongly inclined towards very very weak writing. That explains a lot. 

I agree. I think they copied all tracks from the original version and in that version virat wasn't as good, as considerate as the one they showed in the hindi version. Hence when they copied everything, they also copied the other virat's callousness which seems so out of character for the hindi version virat because he wasn't written to be this callous.

I won't lie his actions have always infuriated me as a woman. But as I thought more about this he wasn't supposed to be his way. But the writers ruined everything. I had such high hopes from this character