Virat's Facial Expressions - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

If I am not wrong, the writers want us to believe that Virat will act as if the past never existed because the guy is in love with Sai now. Neil is not giving the wrong expressions, it's the writing that's wrong. How many times Sai asked about the past (not only this time but in the past too) and every time he refused to accept that he had a past. So Neil is giving that exact expressions that's required for the storyline. I have read so many times how Neil is getting worse in acting. Well that's nothing new, every time Virat goes against Sai, apparently Neil's acting skills get bad and when SaiRat are in one team he is an awesome actor. 😆 

Originally posted by CaNaBa

Ok, These Virat facial expressions are doing my head in. At this point though the rest do not know him and Parkhi had a thing, he knows they did and he knows Sai knows they did and he knows Parkhi still wants to carry on with some sort of love relationship as she has pretty much laid her cards on the table. So why is it that every time Sai brought it up he had these disbelieving facial expressions like she had totally lost her mind or made up the whole scenario in her head. Should he not have those expressions when Parkhi tries to turn the tables on Sai and turn the family against her since he knows what they had and what she is trying to do behind everyones back. 

He looks hurt, disappointed, betrayed, in disbelief and sometimes angry everytime Sai speaks about it when truly he should look guilty and maybe pleading abit with the eyes (for her to keep his shameful secret)

Do not know if it is the acting or the directing but the reactions and expressions are not matching the situation.

I have pretty much stopped watching most of the shows as they are all full of to much nonsense hanging on to this one and Anupama but am about to throw in the towel on both soon. My brain can only process a certain percentage of nonsense and am about to reach my limit😅🥴

Bold : ek baat bataiye aap kissi ko apna secret bataye vo insaan us waqt usse bina object kiye usse except kar le , lekin sahi waqt aane pe aapse provided info ko aap hi ke against use kare aapne aap ko victim dekhne ke liye to aap kaise react karenge , aapko bahut khushi hogi , ya cheerleading karne lage ge us insaan ki jo aapko humiliate kar raha hai. D person clearly accusing him of EMA which d person knows he is not what she is saying

Kis baat ki guilty mahsoos kare virat , did he has done some crime by having a past , virat ka past shameful kyu hai ? When virat met pakhi in yoga resort pakhi was single she was not committed to samrat , later when he knew about samrakhi he ended it. 

Aisa kya shameful kiya virat ne jiske liye use guilty or sharam aani chahiye.

Edited by Fruitcustard_9 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by sherry_24

Last 2 episodes I felt that he was sticking to just a handful of constant expressions. Though I feel that this guy can emote really well with his eyes, but you can’t use it always, and definitely does not resonate with situation always.

“Sangati ka asar pad raha hai”! 🤦‍♀️ 

😂😂😂 I agree! I want another person’s opinion on this too, let me tag him. 

Originally posted by idkwhattoput

Neil’s acting rn is terrible. You’re not the only one facing difficulty deciphering what he’s trying to convey, many have been talking about this. His reactions don’t match the scenes. He’s been in the industry for 13-14 years but that doesn’t make him immune to criticism. He needs to work on this, it’s impacting how audience perceive the dynamics at play. 

Strictly my POV. 

This is the first show I have seen him (and all this cast in) so I have nothing to judge by but if he has been in the indusry 13-14 years them he defo has been doing something right so we might have to chalk it down to poor script and direction 🤷🏾‍♀️. 

The story has so much potential for all the characters involved but poor execution is ruining it. They are inconsistent with the characters and they storyline just jump from one thing to the other with no real connection or resolution or actual consequenses in the end the story makes no sense.

Samrat disappeared and has not been mentioned in any significant way since. Is anyone looking for him? His mother also judt disappeared.

Shivani...gone no explanation.

Devi Tai and that whole drama reolved in a day with a birhhday party and all is forgive forget years of trauma or Kaku and her men being actual evil human beings (none of them even pretended to be remorseful).

And the latest installment Virat and his short term memory loss as he seems to forget what his family did that made him throw his wife out because she has only been back like two seconds and they are back at it but all he can master is some very dodgey expressions...and those too not at the people that deserve them but at his wife. 

Kaku was all guns blazing about sanskar and hood family this and that of Parkhi but later turns around and says so what if they loved each other in the past??? Make it make sense.

Actually why is Sai still there, it made little sense her going back to nurse him but I accepted since we need her in the house to get all this out but now she has also forgotten how loudly she was proclaiming her self respect means everything to her...yet here we are back again

AND BREATH....this show is doing my nut in😩🙀

I have a slightly different take . I think neil is a very good actor but this is poor direction. He is doing what he is asked to do. I think the brief to him is to act as if he is "shocked" by Sais remarks rather than guilty. Even today he says "Sai apni hi dhun par sawar hai". 🙄To him its "I have told pp No, so that's it. " But drawing a boundary now doesn't erase what happened for all this time where the woman has had a Free pass doing whatever she pleases. And in fact still continues to. Pp has openly told him how she felt about him but makers seem to have given him amnesia in this aspect. 

But neil did convey in his expressions the struggle- to not be able to accept the allegations because that will push Sai away n make toxic vahini more delusional. But he cant deny either coz he knows Sai doesn't lie. Its just that his "version" of this truth is different. In his head, this is a 2 day infatuation, the vaada is a mistake made in the flow of emotions and he has well n truly moved on. But he is pained that Sai doesn't know it like that. 

Originally posted by sherry_24

He is also suffering from partial amnesia (convenience based) like BFF. 

He is upset that she is accusing him of infidelity, but is ignoring that he never came clean and he and his ex have only created opportunities to add fuel to the fire. He has never clarified his current stand to Sai and its obvious considering how things add up she will only go by the initial statement and promise that he gave her. Sai was not just questioning the current equation, she was also stating the past, which he refused to accept and clearly seemed to have erased from the memory. How convenient. 

TRUE

Originally posted by laksh

@bold it is actually that

It has got to do with the fact that he doesn't approve of this. He is a private person and would have wanted it to be spoken in private. He is not able to believe that she is asking in front of everyone. 

So to answer your question, he doesn't like her asking those questions like this in front of all. Another reason being, Sai actually doesn't know the entire truth so her not trusting him or her misunderstanding about him hurts him. He cannot believe that she might think that there is something going on between him and Pakhi. Sai has had misunderstanding, she doesn't know the entire truth yet. She is not aware of what Virat spoke to Pakhi, how he has already said that the waada has no significance. 

He has still not realised how much all of of these have been affecting Sai. He doesn't look at a collective picture. He looks at situations that they face at a particular moment. To him, it looks like she is doing it out of anger, because she has formed a wrong opinion of him, because she has misunderstood after whatever she heard from the conversation between Virat and him. 

He hasn't fully understood that it is also to do with the fact that Pakhi keeps poking Sai, Pakhi has always been trying to show Sai that she is not his wife, the family has also not been accepting her to be the bahu of the house and they are all desperately waiting for her to leave the house. He hasn't realised how much all of their words and actions are affecting Sai.

He thinks her reaction has something to do with her nature, not as a reaction as that of a person who is extremely hurt. Sai usually moves on and continues to remain or atleast pretend to stay unaffected, she acts chirpy but that lasts only till these people don't poke her again. As soon as they poke her, her wounds or hurt that she keeps burying within her keeps getting surfaced making her very difficult to move past those. Virat is yet to realise how hurt she is due to all of their behavior. To him, it only looks like all this is coming from her witnessing the talk between him and Pakhi. 

He has still not even understood how vile Pakhi's words are, how much it can hurt a person. He gets hurt when Sai speaks rudely to him, he even once asked Sai if she even realises what she was talking and how she was talking to people who supports her. Shouldn't he be looking at Sai's position too then? He should see how Sai does good things for the family but even then gets accused, blamed, bad mouthed and even put down. She tries her best to not insult Pakhi as once promised and he too heard that on MS day, but has he ever tried to see how Sai must be feeling when taunts her, accuses her or speaks ill of Sai? He is not at all able to look at anything from Sai's pov, not able to see her hurt. He just keeps rolling his eyes when his family talks something against Sai or gives a disapproving or disgusting look when Pakhi speaks something against Sai. 

Nope, it does not add up. He really gets upset when Sai according to him misbehaves with his family but when they do far worse to her he has no reaction.

He is a police officer and and a grown ass man and the conversations had today were very very clear and he pretended and refused to give an answer to clarify the situation. If he is so private and hates all that how come he lets it happen all the time with his Mom and other members of the family. How come he went to sleep on the sofa where anyone would find him and make issues for Sai. Parkhi is the one who brought up their private buisness why did he not address that and put an end to the topic.

For someone he claims to love he really has not been in her corner or understood her even now because as soon as he was given an opportunity to shut his family up....forget about what he thinks or had understood he is caught in a lie because he had a thing with Parkhi that his fam do not know about it but now for what ever reason it is coming out even without addressing it knowing full well what he knows he was okay with his family calling Sai a liar,  characterless and more,  he stood their like a statue and only spoke up to say Sai is just going to drag the matter. It does not add up

Originally posted by Fruitcustard_9

Bold : ek baat bataiye aap kissi ko apna secret bataye vo insaan us waqt usse bina object kiye usse except kar le , lekin sahi waqt aane pe aapse provided info ko aap hi ke against use kare aapne aap ko victim dekhne ke liye to aap kaise react karenge , aapko bahut khushi hogi , ya cheerleading karne lage ge us insaan ki jo aapko humiliate kar raha hai. D person clearly accusing him of EMA which d person knows he is not what she is saying

Kis baat ki guilty mahsoos kare virat , did he has done some crime by having a past , virat ka past shameful kyu hai ? When virat met pakhi in yoga resort pakhi was single she was not committed to samrat , later when he knew about samrakhi he ended it. 

Aisa kya shameful kiya virat ne jiske liye use guilty or sharam aani chahiye.

Sorry I do not understand (english speaker only)

Originally posted by CaNaBa

Nope, it does not add up. He really gets upset when Sai according to him misbehaves with his family but when they do far worse to her he has no reaction.

He is a police officer and and a grown ass man and the conversations had today were very very clear and he pretended and refused to give an answer to clarify the situation. If he is so private and hates all that how come he lets it happen all the time with his Mom and other members of the family. How come he went to sleep on the sofa where anyone would find him and make issues for Sai. Parkhi is the one who brought up their private buisness why did he not address that and put an end to the topic.

For someone he claims to love he really has not been in her corner or understood her even now because as soon as he was given an opportunity to shut his family up....forget about what he thinks or had understood he is caught in a lie because he had a thing with Parkhi that his fam do not know about it but now for what ever reason it is coming out even without addressing it knowing full well what he knows he was okay with his family calling Sai a liar,  characterless and more,  he stood their like a statue and only spoke up to say Sai is just going to drag the matter. It does not add up

That is where he is failing a big time as a husband. He has double standards when it comes to his family. When I say he is a private person, there are certain personal things one would want to discuss only in their room.  For instance when the family spoke to Sai and him about kids, he looked at Sai to see how she was taking it. There were many reasons to it, one was because he had noticed that Sai was upset with him at the venue during the cake cutting, another reason was he really wanted to check on Sai if she is ok with such talks. Their relationship has not yet reached the level where one could talk about kids and he wanted to see if she was comfortable with it. That is why he had asked his family not to bring it up again since it is their personal thing. He wouldn't generally like to do anything that Sai wouldn't be comfortable with. He fails everytime when a 3rd party comes in picture. 

He walked out of the room without thinking much. Again, in his anger, he doesn't think much, just acts. 

He doesn't do much when his family speaks to her because he was conditioned to act that way. He was born and brought up in this house where people do not raise questions to elders, where people would not speak anything disrespectful to elders, where they follow things whether they like it or not, they don't raise issues about many things which could jeopardize their relationship, they don't do anything that will cause conflicts between relationships. Ashwini has been letting go of things always. Omi and Sonali also let it go when Mohit is taunted or insulted. He has been used to seeing people let go of all taunts and insults hurled at their own loved ones which has in a way helped them all stay together under one roof. It looks like a mechanism for them to stay as one big joint family and he seems to be following their path. His mom or Dad hasn't gone against Kaku, his Omi Kaku and Sonali also hasn't gone against Kaku or Ninad, Mansi Bua also doesn't do it, Shivani does it once in a while but she is disliked and looked at as a person who destroys the peace of the family, so even though he would love his Bua and agree with her, won't follow what she is doing, protesting them. When the elders don't go against, how will he be able to? He tries his best whenever possible to do it, to support Sai. Education was one thing which he felt his family has to change in or bend, so went against them. He didn't feel it was right to stop anyone from getting educated. They were about to send Sai away from the house on MS day, which again was a very important issue so he stood up against it. Their interference in Devi Tai's life is again a very big issue because of which his sister's life got ruined, so he went against them for that too.

The issue has to be too big for him to go against them or provide his support. He had supported when Sai fought for what was right. This wasn't a fight for right or wrong, this was a fight to reveal truths of their past which according to him need not be even fought. 

From what I understand, as per him, what Sai was doing wasn't necessary hence he is not lending his support to her. He is wrong, very wrong, it is an act of cowardice I would say but he doesn't think that he can do anything about it when  Saingas started this and is not willing to let go of it. 

Originally posted by MuguetDScorpion

If I am not wrong, the writers want us to believe that Virat will act as if the past never existed because the guy is in love with Sai now. Neil is not giving the wrong expressions, it's the writing that's wrong. How many times Sai asked about the past (not only this time but in the past too) and every time he refused to accept that he had a past. So Neil is giving that exact expressions that's required for the storyline. I have read so many times how Neil is getting worse in acting. Well that's nothing new, every time Virat goes against Sai, apparently Neil's acting skills get bad and when SaiRat are in one team he is an awesome actor. 😆 

Well if you are 8ne of those that ships certain couples then your feelings towards how they act will change according to wether tehy are together or not. Am not shipping any couple so I could care less infact right now I do not even see why they should be together (my opinion) I do not see how they can be in love, maybe lust on one part and infatution on the other but the show has not show enought that these two should be heading in the love direction. Just because they married does nit (to me) mean they should automatically be in love) they need to show us more of how and why they are moving that way. 

I can not see why Sai would be in love with him since for every good thing he does for her he lets her down like 10 times more.

I do not see how he can be in love with her when her traits annoy him, her good deeds do not register long in his mind and he is still not ready to let Parkhi go (fact that he defends Parkhi, runs after her and refuses to call her Bhabi or vahini) once they walk us through these things then I can get on board