~Love at First Scene // MHRW HITS CENTURY 🥳🥳🥳 - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago

Ahhh what a pretty thread. I can't wait to read people's stories of getting hooked!!

I have a really strange one, but here goes. 

You know how Twitter fandoms can sometimes get super toxic? Some random tweets showed up on timeline mocking one of the scenes from this show, by some other fandom, during one of those random Twitter wars. While it was a mocking tweet, I found the shots and the cinematography so gorgeous, it stuck with me. This was the sindoor scene at Charminar from episode one, and this was back in the first week of the show. I was also a huge fan of the previous show by this production house, though it derailed quickly, but I figured if I can get a good 50-70 episodes, why not? I made a mental note to check it out, and binged the first six episodes that weekend. 

Now for the part, jahaan mujhe joote padenge sab se. I was extremely put off by Raghav's character in those episodes. He came across as extremely aggressive, and made some very misogynistic statements. Having seen shows with an angry-young-man male lead (especially the trend of justifying unforgivable behavior under the guise of 'past trauma', which I thought they might do) and not interested in getting invested in one more inevitably toxic and abusive relationship which would just make my BP shoot up in later episodes, I decided to cut my losses. I actually have messages which I sent to my friends- "The aesthetics of this show are so on point, and the leads are hot af, but I can't with the aggression and misogyny. What a shame." 

Come next weekend, I had some really mind numbing work that I had to do, and I needed some background noise, so I again binged the next week's episodes in the background while doing my work. I stayed in this slightly disengaged mode for another week or two, where I would just watch clips here and there and catch up on written updates. They did soften up Raghav a smidge, and dial back the misogyny from the very first few episodes eventually, and that's when I started watching full-time, around Mansi's wedding functions and the subsequent Lion track. 

By now I also had another ridiculous reason for watching- my closest and oldest friend is named Raghav, and he's as different from Raghav Rao as chalk from cheese. He's one of the most humble, sweet, non-confrontational, and low-key people one would ever meet. And he hates ITV shows with a deep passion. So, like any good friend would do, I kept sending him clips of Raghav Rao behaving crazily, Pallavi screeching his name, just to get on his nerves. You guys cannot imagine the kind of bribes I've been offered to stop watching this show 🤣🤣

And aise hi dekhte dekhte, I ended up getting super invested. Raghav surprised me by deviating from the typical route of the angry young man in such shows. Pallavi's spunk impressed me beyond words. The way the show tied humor, drama and romance together in a realistic manner was just very endearing to me. And I have wanted to see a story where we go from enmity to friendship to love in ITV for a long time, instead of the switch from passionate hatred to passionate love, with no foundation of trust and friendship, which we see very often. I like that this show is demonstrating that chemistry is not all about the ML manhandling and pushing the FL up against walls.

I'm not able to pin down any particular scene, but I think it was around the wedding that I really, truly fell for the show and went from superficial, casual watching to getting deeply invested. It was from the day of Raghav's MU being cleared, and his instant regret that I started waking up at 6am to catch new episodes. Felt too good to be true- the ML realizing his mistake because of him being a genuine good person who effed up, and not because he's now in love? Unheard of! I also appreciate how Raghav and Pallavi hold their own, in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Probably just cynical after past experiences, but I've seen pairings where the guy is just criminally abusive, and that's countered with, "Yeah, but see, she can be so annoying and idealistic, so she deserves it", which just feels so unjust. And since then, I've only been getting more and more into the show and the story they're telling. 

God, sorry, this got way too long. But I really loved going down memory lane. Much like Pallavi and Raghav, this wasn't love at first sight for me- far from it. Went from instant dislike, to begrudging appreciation, to genuine fondness and now I'm absolutely in love. Thanks for the tag, @Bee222!

Edited by aye-masakalii - 2 years ago

Okay.... Sab apna dil tham lo because your very own Miss Blessy is about to share her experience with you all😆

On hotstar I came across MHRW promo and to be very honest I was not at all interested in watching this show. I thought same gissa pitta story hoga angry young man and bubbly girl and maine promo ko hawa main filter kardiya🤣

Then one day at night I was just randomly going through tweets of GHKP as I was watching only leads scene of GHKP back then and came across a tweet and the tweet had mentioned about Raghav and Kaka car wala scene and that tweet was really funny. Then after thinking a lot I decided Let's just go and only watch this episode. So on Saturday night around 1am at night I started watching episode 6 and I really like the thappad scene and laughed hard on Kaka and Raghav car scene and finally sweat pochne wala scene came and I was gonecase by then and I was like these actors can act and the episode ended and then my mind was wresting with my heart ki should I continue watching this show as I don't want to get addicted as this is ITV and after few months pakka I will have a heart break😭 I had nothing to do so thought episode 6 dekh liya now let's watch episode 5 as karne ko kuch hai he nahi time pass ke liye dekh he lete hai and I liked Raghav's swag and the way he bajaoed band of Anjali maaza aagya😎 Now again my heart and brain was fighting and I thought neend tho aa nahi raha chalo time paas ke liye episode 4 dekh lete hai and liked Raghav's clubbing scene and Raghvi's first mulakat Hate at first sight wala and agian my heart and mind was fighting. Socha heart and mind tho fight karte he rahenge let's keep them a side and watch episode 3 and I loved the BG of Raghav Rao and it was very catchy and really liked that Anjali tried to seduce this guy but uska pura mehnat tai tai piss🤪🤣 Now I was thinking episode 1 dekhu ki episode 2 dekhu. I thought episode 1 boring hoga let's watch episode 2 and loved Raghvi cross connection plumber wala conversation. That was Raghvi's first banter Then I was thinking episode 1 dekhu kya as subha hone ko tha and I was very sleepy and had to wakeup again for my Sunday service after a lot of thinking I thought ek he tho episode bacha hai let's watch and the 1 episode was it for me to give my heart to MHRW❤️ Raghav's pyar wala dialogue was so deep and everything about first episode was ❤️ I loved it and then there was no turning back😎 After my Sunday service I again binged watched all the 6 episode but this time starting from episode 1 and I was waiting for Monday for the 7th episode and joined MHRW forum😳

I liked everything thing from RR Mansion to dialogues to story of a window and don😳 beside Deshmukh family 🤢

Guys you might be thinking this girl is weird who in this world watch episodes ulta I do and I confess I am weird Enjoy my weirdness🤪

🤗

(Please ignore typos if any)😊

The thread is beautiful, loved it. I started watching from the very 1st episode. Actually the promo got my eye and I was thinking why not check this out. It looked attractive with an arrogant handsome hunk and a beautiful girl who was a widow. Felt right out of M&B books. And then on the first episode loved the way the scene was shot where Raghav throws the sindoor on Pallavi and his scenes with Farad later. RR mansion was something else which gave  the elegant Don feel and I started watching it. Don’t even know when I started loving the show and a huge fan of Saishi. The rest is all history 😄

Originally posted by Bee222

The clip then fast forwarded to a different scene, in which the girl is taunting him, saying how she's only here to return his money. I was expecting the guy to retort back like we typically see in these cases, but instead he simply forwards his hand for the money smiley36 Clearly the girl was just as surprised as I was, and she gets all flustered and drops her bag smiley36 Then she manages to bring out her envelope and give it to him... only to have it be her sanitary napkins! 🤪 But what made it so refreshing was the guy's attitude — he wasn't embarrassed, just thoroughly amused 😆 I knew I had to check out this show immediately ❤️

Fast forward a few minutes later, and I was watching epi #12 on Hotstar... the very first episode of MHRW for me. It was the episode where Pallavi feeds people at the old age home smiley27 The scene was such a beautiful one, with Raghav silently witnessing her pure heart... and with the beautiful title track and the piano theme in the background, I was completely mesmerised. As for the leads, I could see the ML was attractive smiley36 But it was Shivangi's innocent eyes that drew me in first... her face had such a fresh, graceful appeal and I wanted to keep watching her smiley42

Then of course, the final scene of the episode — Pallavi visiting RR mansion. Even with a brief glimpse, I could see how classy the house was smiley27 But... as I was expecting her to show some of that poise and dignity again, she starts bickering with the photo on the wall smiley36smiley36 It was so adorably cute, I was in love with her already smiley36smiley42 In the flick of a switch, she'd turned from a mature woman to an innocent kid! And then came Raghav Rao from behind, listening to her cute talks smiley36 And they have a beautiful trip-and-hold ... another cliché of romantic shows, but again, I found myself drawn in. The chemistry was subtle but electric ☺️ I was impatiently hitting the next button, and before I knew it I had binge-watched all the epis smiley36 Haven't missed a single one since then smiley42

Loved all the scenes you mentioned. The thing with Raghvi is you can never point out one single scene. Everytime these both are on screen together, there’s something beautiful to it. Something subtle, something deep to read into every day! And that’s what I love them for. You get so many chances to read in between the lines, a wish to read into their small but meaningful actions!

@black bold: I know right! So refreshing indeed. I was very pleased to see this. And all through the show Raghav has maintained that character. You don’t see him demeaning women in general, let alone Pallavi. After today’s live, it’s clear to me that all the credits goes to sickand. Huge round of applause. This guy has beautiful heart and believes in bringing a change by attempting to be as progressive as TRPs allow him too.👏👏

@Green bold: the way Raghav leaned out of that door and stood there admiring her. Definitely one of the scenes that pulled at my heartstrings too. Again I can’t help it. They are just so pure!

@brown bold: the fact that the kid in her heart becomes so evident when it comes to Raghav while everywhere else she just has to behave like a grown up! Love!

@red bold: this whole scene, from Pallavi going to his house, talking to the frame, their Telugu-Marathi banter, the trip and fall, the eye lock, the sanitary napkin fiasco, the touch of their hands to her then so confused with all what just happened- she was unable to figure out which way the exit was. This whole scene was so complete. If today you ask me which one tops my list, then this is the one. 

I am not a fan of ITV!! Na Bole Tum was my first and last show which I love till now!! I was watching carryminati video in youtube when this promo suddenly came into my suggestion!! I mistakenly clicked on it but god knows why I decided to watch it and then first time I saw Sai Ketan Rao I was like damn the look , the expressions!! Bang on!! Then read in his Bio he is Telugu and as a Prabhas fan!! Started watching it and rest is history!! 

I loved reading your review! It’s the most honest thing ever.👏👏

At times all of us have found Raghav’s behaviour problematic but the character growth is impeccable! Plus the way RaghVi have been written is absolutely stunning.  Can’t help but be in love with them ❤️

Originally posted by Inese_20

I loved reading your review! It’s the most honest thing ever.👏👏

At times all of us have found Raghav’s behaviour problematic but the character growth is impeccable! Plus the way RaghVi have been written is absolutely stunning.  Can’t help but be in love with them ❤️

Absolutely. Truly, finally we have a male lead that I can root for and a couple I can ship with all my heart without hating myself If someone had told me back when I had first started watching this show how much I would fall in love with these two idiots, I'd never have believed it. And here we are..

Excellent character progression for both the leads, and also the supporting cast. It adds so much realism to the show. I feel like I'm watching real people respond to situations in real way, instead of contrived scenarios. I truly can't wait to see this story play out, but I already know this show, RaghVi as a couple, and Raghav and Pallavi as individuals, have made a permanent space in my heart. 

Originally posted by _Blessy_

Okay.... Sab apna dil tham lo because your very own Miss Blessy is about to share her experience with you all😆

On hotstar I came across MHRW promo and to be very honest I was not at all interested in watching this show. I thought same gissa pitta story hoga angry young man and bubbly girl and maine promo ko hawa main filter kardiya🤣

Then one day at night I was just randomly going through tweets of GHKP as I was watching only leads scene of GHKP back then and came across a tweet and the tweet had mentioned about Raghav and Kaka car wala scene and that tweet was really funny. Then after thinking a lot I decided Let's just go and only watch this episode. So on Saturday night around 1am at night I started watching episode 6 and I really like the thappad scene and laughed hard on Kaka and Raghav car scene and finally sweat pochne wala scene came and I was gonecase by then and I was like these actors can act and the episode ended and then my mind was wresting with my heart ki should I continue watching this show as I don't want to get addicted as this is ITV and after few months pakka I will have a heart break😭 I had nothing to do so thought episode 6 dekh liya now let's watch episode 5 as karne ko kuch hai he nahi time pass ke liye dekh he lete hai and I liked Raghav's swag and the way he bajaoed band of Anjali maaza aagya😎 Now again my heart and brain was fighting and I thought neend tho aa nahi raha chalo time paas ke liye episode 4 dekh lete hai and liked Raghav's clubbing scene and Raghvi's first mulakat Hate at first sight wala and agian my heart and mind was fighting. Socha heart and mind tho fight karte he rahenge let's keep them a side and watch episode 3 and I loved the BG of Raghav Rao and it was very catchy and really liked that Anjali tried to seduce this guy but uska pura mehnat tai tai piss🤪🤣 Now I was thinking episode 1 dekhu ki episode 2 dekhu. I thought episode 1 boring hoga let's watch episode 2 and loved Raghvi cross connection plumber wala conversation. That was Raghvi's first banter Then I was thinking episode 1 dekhu kya as subha hone ko tha and I was very sleepy and had to wakeup again for my Sunday service after a lot of thinking I thought ek he tho episode bacha hai let's watch and the 1 episode was it for me to give my heart to MHRW❤️ Raghav's pyar wala dialogue was so deep and everything about first episode was ❤️ I loved it and then there was no turning back😎 After my Sunday service I again binged watched all the 6 episode but this time starting from episode 1 and I was waiting for Monday for the 7th episode and joined MHRW forum😳

I liked everything thing from RR Mansion to dialogues to story of a window and don😳 beside Deshmukh family 🤢

Guys you might be thinking this girl is weird who in this world watch episodes ulta I do and I confess I am weird Enjoy my weirdness🤪

🤗

(Please ignore typos if any)😊

Hey Bee...thanks for tagging me..I saw this and wanted to write too--but I had to help my mom in preparation of Vat Savitri Pooja(you read it correct today is Vat Savitri pooja--a scene which we want to eagerly see in the show). Now I will tell you how I came to love MHRW.

My love at first scene was when Raghav corners Pallavi to the pole at night and wipes her sweat with her Pallu and this scene still remains my top favourite scene till date and no other scene has been able to take its place. This scene I saw in a VM along with the cage scene and their eyelock there...uff...and then later in the scene Raghav says I saw sacchai in her eyes which is rare to be seen these days and Pallavi turns back to see him---let's just say I had given half of my heart already...after this scene it was followed by their fall and catch in RR Mansion when and I was hooked then.

I distinctly remembered watching its promo during my exam days while having my dinner on Starplus--that time I was quite intrigued with it--but then left it because almost all new shows pick my interest and after 2-3 days I generally leave it. After watching the vm, I searched for the show and binge watched 38 episodes on hotstar...and even after that I was not able to satiate my hunger---I started following almost all fps on instagram and then later unfollowed minor ones😅, stars and producers. Then I started searching for stories on them, I stumbled upon IF and I am glad I did.

I am literally diverting from the topic---while the vm was something which piqued my interest greatly--the moments liked throwing sindoor near charminar and garland scene have their own place in my heart. And all these scenes had been executed so well. 

Then there was a scene--and Raghav kidnaps Pallavi and keeps her tied near the middle of the road infront of a truck. this is also one of the scenes in earlier episodes I fell in love with---my first reason being--Sai is so damn strong that he lifted Shivangi and chair together in one shot(let's just say this misconception broke a month ago when I happened to see the bts of the scene) and other reason being the intensity of the scene.

The Vaathi dance was awesome---because it was RaghVi's first dance together. I also resumed my bharatnatyam training which I had left 3 years ago after watching Shivangi's kathak(now everyone one must be thinking I am a crazy person--shouldn't it be Sai's bharatnatyam--but hehe no..it was Shivangi's kathak which made me pursue bharatnatayam once again---and let's just say my mom was really happy.)

To be frank the only reason I watch MHRW is for RaghVi---and now I don't watch it anymore alone--I watch it with my whole family sitting together while having cup of tea.

I think one of the minor yet important reasons I love MHRW is because of Telugu setting---I have lived in Hyderabad for 3 years and anyone speaking or anything related to Telugu and Hyderabad excites me.

and RR Mansion ka pyaar came after watching the whole fight sequence--I really miss it

I think I can even write longer and start telling about every single scene and what I loved about it--but I think this is enough so you guys wont get bored

Edited by ReemShah - 2 years ago
Originally posted by aye-masakalii

Excellent character progression for both the leads, and also the supporting cast. It adds so much realism to the show. I feel like I'm watching real people respond to situations in real way, instead of contrived scenarios. I truly can't wait to see this story play out, but I already know this show, RaghVi as a couple, and Raghav and Pallavi as individuals, have made a permanent space in my heart. 

I agree with every single word you said here. Never getting over Raghvi for my life and it’s a first for me 

Edited by Inese_20 - 2 years ago