|| IF Book Club : The Next Chapter # 2 || - Page 45

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Anam...

Don’t worry I’m not restarting the book club and I don’t think there is going to be another lockdown. None of the state governments want to resort to lockdowns. Experts seem to think that Omicron is the beginning of the end as far as the covid situation is concerned. I am hoping that they are right. 
How is the situation in Kolkata now? 

I feel the same. A lot of people are showing symptoms here but testing has gone down. People simply isolate themselves for a few days until the symptoms disappear. No one's very scared about it anymore. No lockdowns, so that's a positive. A few minor restrictions are there but nothing that will affect people's lives much. Life is getting back on the track.

What about your place? Is everything getting better?

How's reading going on for you? I had just started Crime and Punishment but then I decided to put all leisure reading on hold and focus on my studies.

Originally posted by Anam...

Do you girls read more than one book at a time?

I used to read multiple books at a time, the highest being 8-9 at a time. But I stopped doing that last year (that was difficult). For the last several months, I've read only one book at a time. What about you?

Originally posted by 23Diya

I used to read multiple books at a time, the highest being 8-9 at a time. But I stopped doing that last year (that was difficult). For the last several months, I've read only one book at a time. What about you?

wow 😲

Posted: 1 years ago

8-9 !That’s creditable . 

I n only do that with my course books not story books.

Originally posted by Sutapasima

8-9 !That’s creditable . 

I n only do that with my course books not story books.

In case of textbooks, it's a compulsion and thus, not the same as reading something just for the sake of enjoying it. I know I would've loved reading my textbooks more if there were no exams attached to it. (But that's only fancy dreaming🤔)

Edited by 23Diya - 1 years ago

Has anyone here read To Kill A Mockingbird?

I bought the book last year but never got to actually reading it. I believe some others in this group have read it.

I bought the book last year but never got to actually reading it. I believe some others in this group have read it.

Oh then have you ever read Bird in a Cage by Frédéric Dard?

Edited by smoothiemaven - 1 years ago
Originally posted by smoothiemaven

Oh then have you ever read Bird in a Cage by Frédéric Dard?

No, never even heard of it before, to be honest. But I checked it iut on GR and the synopsis got ne interested. So, thanks to you 😃

No, never even heard of it before, to be honest. But I checked it iut on GR and the synopsis got ne interested. So, thanks to you 😃

LOL really? then the pleasure is all mine, sweetie!