Pandya Store

GauRa Drabble: Love at First Sight

SlytherInMe thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 years ago

Love at First Sight:

He wouldn’t call what they have as love at first sight. In fact, it wouldn’t be love at the tenth, the hundredth, the thousandth, or maybe even the millionth time. 

She had grown up beside him, hand in hand, and he had never felt any semblance of a romantic type of love towards her. Throughout the years, Dhara had become his greatest confidant, an older sister to his younger brothers, a part of his family and his heart, his partner in crime, but he had never considered her as his life partner. 

She knew him inside and out and he her. Just a single glance between the two was enough to have a silent, full-length conversation. Yet these stolen glances, heart-to-heart conversations had been carried out in the most platonic fashion – one could have never suspected a budding relationship between the two. 

Which is why when Hardik proposed that he get married to Dhara in place of Anita, Gautam had thought the idea was completely preposterous. Not only had he never seen her in that sort of way, but he couldn’t ask her to sacrifice her entire life for the sake of society. He couldn’t ask her to throw her life down the drain to take care of three children and a bedridden mother-in-law who had never approved of her. He couldn’t ask her to look past their beautiful friendship and turn it into something that might not work out. 

However, Gautam should have known that she would have done all of that and more without him even asking. He should have known that as sorted and clear-headed as he was, Dhara was tenfold of that and thought through each decision of hers. He should have known that with just one indication from him and she would have put her life on the line, and this marriage was giving her a new life instead. 

It was only after her agreement did Gautam even consider the proposal, and readily accepted Hardik’s offer. All he knew was that he would be eternally grateful to his best friend, his humdard, and his soon-to-be wife – Dhara. 

So no, it definitely wasn’t love at first sight. But when he saw her for the first time in a laal joda, it definitely felt a lot similar to love at first sight.

Edited by SlytherInMe. - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SlytherInMe thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

hello meri jaans 🤗

I'm sure a lot of you are surprised that I decided to write on GauRa 😆 but I'll be quite honest, I had started watching the show because of a random ShiVi clip but I had stayed the first 50 episodes because of the beautiful relationship GauRa had

for me it was so refreshing to witness a relationship that wasn't rooted on the typical enemies to lovers troupe that ITV always uses

the way GauRa's relationship started was truly beautiful and realistic to me - the way they understood each other, cared for each other, and completely each other just warmed my heart

I want my old GauRa back 😭 and with that in mind, I wrote up a little something to revive that love I had and I'm sure many other people had for them

I understand it would take something big to bring Dhara and Gaumbi back in a positive light but if I even get an inkling of what they used to have, I will gravitate towards them again

that being said of course ShiVi will be my OTP because I am not unsusceptible to ITV's tried and tested formula 🤣 but it would be nice to not skip GauRa scenes anymore and instead enjoy them 

I'm not sure if everyone else is on the same wavelength as me but that's where I currently stand (btw this does not mean I will be giving up on RaIta 🤣)

please do leave your feedback, I would love to read your comments 

Until then...

Love you all 🤗

Mrs. Dhillon 😉

Edited by SlytherInMe. - 2 years ago
NephilimByHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Aashu, why drabble you should write a full fledged os or ss... This one is awesome and I feel many here likes gaura and adore them for the normal relationship they have. Gaumbi is best ML I have seen in sometime in itv. 

ananyakhetarpal thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

This was amazing!! So sweet ❤️

I really miss the old Gaura 😭 

hedwig_potter thumbnail

Oh wow, mere GauRa ka drabble

Thank you so much🤗

And let's be honest everyone, jab tak Dhara ne kaand ni kya tha tab tak almost sabko GauRa ache lagte the, mere puraane GauRa lauta do makers, please😭

Edited by hedwig_potter - 2 years ago
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

So beautifully written. I wish CV’s bring back Gaura again properly as they were ☺️

Miss.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

I fell in love with this GauRa too. Its so beautifully written! I hope this power couple comes back in full form! 

LoverBollywood thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

This was so amazing...

You are right.. Gaura’s relation is really beautiful..

I hope that we soon get our old Gaura back..

GrilledCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

This one makes me miss the old GauRa that we had.. I just don't feel the same way for them any more 💔

But beautifully written! ❤️

Shividhadkndilk thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Ab Gaura ek dusre se nhi banti unke beech 3rd 4th party ki entry ho gyi h Anita for Gombi and Rishita for Dhara (tbhi toh dhara ka mann hi nhi bhar raha hug karke rishita ko aaj pher jhappi pa li)