Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin

At which point would you have left?

fria319 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

So we all know in the land of ITV, female leads always bear the brunt of all the torture, insults, misunderstandings yet keep coming back over and over and over again. 

This is actually the first show I've seen where 90% of the episode is spent insulting or lecturing the FL as if she's the one in the wrong (although, Sai does have her faults). I feel like the general consensus in this forum, is that Sai needs to leave that house. 

So, my question is, when in this story, if were happening to you, would you have left and not given Virat a (2nd, 3rd?) chance?

Because I sit here, and think about these things - how can one girl, especially an 18/19 yr old girl (I'm in my early 30s, so she is a child to me), withstand that much verbal abuse?   At what point do you set aside your emotions for your spouse (i.e her growing feelings for Virat) and be like, enough is enough?  I know she left during the Pulkit stuff but she was also essentially forced out.    

Personally I would've left along time ago I think. I think back to the time when they stopped her from going to school that one day to do housework for a puja - if it were me I would've left then. Denying my right to education? Nope. Won't be tolerated. And I would definitely leave now that Virat isn't willing to admit his past.  

What about you guys?  

Edited by fria319 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shiva02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

The point Sai got the scholarship she should have left . giving no f*** about chakrams . Let them think of her as selfish if they would have wanted. who cares

Palak2812 thumbnail

Honestly I stopped liking Virat long back. I started watching the show for Neil bcoz I knew him as a great actor but I can say the character Virat is in the race of worst male leads in history of ITV. 

I stopped shipping Sairat long back. 

Sai isn't best but only reason to watch the show sometimes. Ninad's talk in hospital and all was grossiest thing to hear that too at prime time 8 Pm. 

I stopped wanting Sai Virat together I know they r gonna go back so I have stopped watching. Honestly the show doesn't makes sense even some shows of Ekta is better than this shit. 

I have said earlier too that all the humiliation done by Virat was forgotten bcoz he got shot. 

Just seeing people wanting Sairat that too after all this makes me uncomfortable and makes me think what is wrong with our taste. Just to see romance we our ok any nonsense being thrown at us. This is happening in 2 more shows in Star Plus. 

Idk what is wrong with writers and audience most importantly. 

Amay, Food, Pakhi I don't see a single reason for Sai to stay there. We are shown Sai as the strongest women with self respect but on the very next second she looks like fool who continues to make same mistake and going back. 

ShipIsSailing thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

After he threw her out of the house.

5431 thumbnail

I would have left around the name change time only. If I had stayed longer I would have complained to the police. There is abuse in the house against Sai, Karishma and Aai and Virat is possibly the worst IPS officer ever  

Originally posted by: fria319

So we all know in the land of ITV, female leads always bear the brunt of all the torture, insults, misunderstandings yet keep coming back over and over and over again. 

This is actually the first show I've seen where 90% of the episode is spent insulting or lecturing the FL as if she's the one in the wrong (although, Sai does have her faults). I feel like the general consensus in this forum, is that Sai needs to leave that house. 

So, my question is, when in this story, if were happening to you, would you have left and not given Virat a (2nd, 3rd?) chance?

Because I sit here, and think about these things - how can one girl, especially an 18/19 yr old girl (I'm in my early 30s, so she is a child to me), withstand that much verbal abuse?   At what point do you set aside your emotions for your spouse (i.e her growing feelings for Virat) and be like, enough is enough?  I know she left during the Pulkit stuff but she was also essentially forced out.    

Personally I would've left along time ago I think. I think back to the time when they stopped her from going to school that one day to do housework for a puja - if it were me I would've left then. Denying my right to education? Nope. Won't be tolerated. And I would definitely leave now that Virat isn't willing to admit his past.  

What about you guys?  

fria319 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shiva02

The point Sai got the scholarship she should have left . giving no f*** about chakrams . Let them think of her as selfish if they would have wanted. who cares

yupp that's when she was able to go to college on her own, so she didn't need to rely on virat anymore to "care" for her.

fria319 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ShinyShine

Honestly I stopped liking Virat long back. I started watching the show for Neil bcoz I knew him as a great actor but I can say the character Virat is in the race of worst male leads in history of ITV. 

I stopped shipping Sairat long back. 

Sai isn't best but only reason to watch the show sometimes. Ninad's talk in hospital and all was grossiest thing to hear that too at prime time 8 Pm. 

I stopped wanting Sai Virat together I know they r gonna go back so I have stopped watching. Honestly the show doesn't makes sense even some shows of Ekta is better than this shit. 

I have said earlier too that all the humiliation done by Virat was forgotten bcoz he got shot. 

Just seeing people wanting Sairat that too after all this makes me uncomfortable and makes me think what is wrong with our taste. Just to see romance we our ok any nonsense being thrown at us. This is happening in 2 more shows in Star Plus. 

Idk what is wrong with writers and audience most importantly. 

Amay, Food, Pakhi I don't see a single reason for Sai to stay there. We are shown Sai as the strongest women with self respect but on the very next second she looks like fool who continues to make same mistake and going back. 

Yeah I can understand why you disliked Virat since a while ago. For me, I expect some level of annoying ML behavior, that IRL should not be redeemable, but in ITV it is, because that's ITV standard (unfortunately). So up until now I kept thinking "alright, not great, but no one is perfect" and kept rooting for them to eventually figure it out.  

I've personally hit the that place now where I don't want Sai back with him because everything he's doing (inadvertently putting Sai down) is to save himself and that reeks of selfishness. There is no noble cause behind his current behavior with this Pakhi-Sai confrontation. 

And yeah the more they're carrying this track out, the more I'm like I don't think I was ever this annoyed at the ML when I was watching an Ekta or Gul Khan show. LOL.   

You're right that she forgave him because he got hurt, and I knew that's what they were going to do because its such an easy way out. He only groveled for like one (maybe 2?) day(s) until he got shot and then it was all like "poor Virat" and "lets have some sympathy and forgive him". 

I think its fine to see questionable MLs and their journey in finding happiness with their FLs, but these MLs have to atone/make up for their past bad actions for it to be seen as redeemable. No one wants to really see a story of perfect characters so someone's going to have to mess up somewhere, but there should a be a line and these leads need to actually work & put effort into getting into the good graces of the FL. It can't just be solved with an apology without the improved actions/behavior to back it up. 

You're right that Sai constantly looks like a fool but I really think it's her age showing unfortunately. She's smart, but has little life experience. She's still just a teenager. 

fria319 thumbnail
Originally posted by: 5431

I would have left around the name change time only. If I had stayed longer I would have complained to the police. There is abuse in the house against Sai, Karishma and Aai and Virat is possibly the worst IPS officer ever  

@bold: RIGHT?? How does a POLICE OFFICER allow all this to happen. smh. 

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

since her father's death

nothing is bigger than a parens death

whatever happening to sai after  marriage she still fight for herself and now she still has a choice to divorce virat and lead her new life in peace but parents death is something we cannot cope with and sai lost both her parents at the age of 18 yrs thus i feel bad for sai that she lost her parents in such a young age 

regards to the point the day virat told abt the silly commitment and vaada thats the point i leave and refused to  marry virat as thats a bigger humiliation and insult to a wife

bubbly12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

When he called her paagal who needs treatment I wanted Sai to never return.