Did you know? Samantha was supposed to debut with ARK in 2013

Posted: 2 years ago

Did you know? Samantha Akkineni was supposed to make her Bollywood debut in 2013 opposite Aditya Roy KapurByBollywood Hungama News Network

Created: Jun 8, 2021 - 5:36 PM ISTUpdated: Jun 8, 2021 - 6:13 PM IST

Samantha Akkineni is one of the most popular and successful actors in the Telugu and Tamil film industry. She recently made her digital and Hindi language debut with the web series The Family Man 2. She is been heavily appreciated for her role as the Sri Lankan Tamil soldier Raji who is pitted against Manoj Bajpayee's Srikant Tiwari.

#Samantha Akkineni

Did you know? Samantha Akkineni was supposed to make her Bollywood debut in 2013 opposite Aditya Roy Kapur

Owing to Samantha’s popularity and with several south actors starring in Hindi cinema of recent, the Oh Baby actress has often been asked why she has not worked in a Hindi feature film as of yet. However, what many do not know is that Samantha was all set to make her Bollywood debut way back in 2013 in a film also starring Aditya Roy Kapur. The film was titled Assi Nabey Poore Sau and was being directed by Gautam Vasudev Menon. However, the film got shelved later on.

The film was being simultaneously shot in Tamil and Telugu as well and being pitched as a tri-lingual film. Samantha was to play the lead in all three while Jiiva played the male lead in Tamil and Nani played the lead in Telugu. While the Tamil and Telugu version was completed and released, the Hindi version was never completed. The Tamil version was titled Neethaane En Ponvasantham while the Telugu version is titled Yeto Vellipyindhi Manasu. 

Take a look at some of the stills from the film:

Did you know? Samantha Akkineni was supposed to make her Bollywood debut in 2013 opposite Aditya Roy Kapur

Interestingly, Samantha had made her acting debut with the Telugu film Ye Maaya Chesave which was also helmed by Gautam Vasudev Menon. The film also featured Chaitanya Akkineni to whom she is currently married. The film was also simultaneously made in Tamil as Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa and Samantha had a cameo appearance in it. She also made a cameo appearance in the film Ek Deewana Tha which was a remake of her debut film.

ALSO READ: Samantha Akkineni did every stunt in The Family Man 2 on her own; shares BTS video

Y Hindi version is not completed ? 

They would have looked cute together 

Aishwarya, Fawad, Now Samantha. 😆

Read it when I watched the original Tamil movie

I did not... But I do now...

I also know you’re her No.1 fan on BWF :)

Yeah I knew. I saw these pics from the shoots and thought Sam and ARK looked cute in them..I was looking for the film to be released but it never happened 

Edited by FilmiDhun - 2 years ago

Yeah remember hearing about this film announcement. It did go down the dumps, didn't it?

I watched this in telugu...i love this mvi songs❤❤ nani and sam looks too cute together❤❤  saw these pics one yr back.. If not shelved we might have get chance to see Ark n sam❤❤ fresh pairing they r looking so nice in these pics

Originally posted by BettyA1

I did not... But I do now...

I also know you’re her No.1 fan on BWF :)

I have always liked her; she was a good actress and was cute/bubbly plus was not afraid to call out the bullshit in the industry. She called out the poster of a male superstar's film regressive because of the way the heroine was depicted in it. It drew the ire of fans and got her tons of hate mail, but she kept going. Of course she isn't a full blown activist like Swara Bhasker or Parvathy Thiruvothu, but I liked that she had a semblance of conscience. 

I grew to admire her especially after the way she conducted her career after her marriage. Her choices as an actress kept getting interesting and she signed more and more daring roles.

Now she is in BW so I can officially share my feeling about her on BWF :) I hope I am not her only fan on this forum and she will grow her fanbase further especially after a smashing debut in The Family Man Season 2.