Did you know? Samantha was supposed to debut with ARK in 2013 - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

I have always liked her; she was a good actress and was cute/bubbly plus was not afraid to call out the bullshit in the industry. She called out the poster of a male superstar's film regressive because of the way the heroine was depicted in it. It drew the ire of fans and got her tons of hate mail, but she kept going. Of course she isn't a full blown activist like Swara Bhasker or Parvathy Thiruvothu, but I liked that she had a semblance of conscience. 

I grew to admire her especially after the way she conducted her career after her marriage. Her choices as an actress kept getting interesting and she signed more and more daring roles.

Now she is in BW so I can officially share my feeling about her on BWF :) I hope I am not her only fan on this forum and she will grow her fanbase further especially after a smashing debut in The Family Man Season 2.

I got to know abut her only from this forum, probably from your topics :)

I’ll try to watch some of her work...

Bold - Which movie is that?

Originally posted by BettyA1

Bold: movie name is one

Starring mahesh babu and kriti sanon

Originally posted by BettyA1

It was Mahesh Babu's film One Nenokkadine with Kriti Sanon. This was the poster

And this was Samantha's tweet

https://twitter.com/Samanthaprabhu2/status/412592061112537089

Samanthas calling out of bs or voicing of injustice is as per her convenience 

Like her brother in law abhiram daggubati was named  in the me too movement aswell …while she’s quick to support chinmayi in her me too allegations, she is tactful enough to avoid having any comment when it concerns her family being accused

Quick to call out all other regressive comments except the ones in her husbands movie launch party when a man publicly degraded women and no one bat an eyelid and instead laughed at the “joke”

While she claims “having a voice” defines desirability, she’s also quick to make sassy tick tocks about how actors shouldn’t be asked to have an opinion on stuff 

Quick to shower praises on kangana for being a powerhouse but silent when she sl*t shames or is offensive and says all sorts of bs

Basically as long as it servers her purpose and it’s amongst the people she’s not particularly close to, she calls out bs…

ofcourse she becomes oblivious when it involves her favs or family members 

Originally posted by pathaka

Samanthas calling out of bs or voicing of injustice is as per her convenience 

Like her brother in law abhiram daggubati was named  in the me too movement aswell …while she’s quick to support chinmayi in her me too allegations, she is tactful enough to avoid having any comment when it concerns her family being accused

Quick to call out all other regressive comments except the ones in her husbands movie launch party when a man publicly degraded women and no one bat an eyelid and instead laughed at the “joke”

While she claims “having a voice” defines desirability, she’s also quick to make sassy tick tocks about how actors shouldn’t be asked to have an opinion on stuff 

Quick to shower praises on kangana for being a powerhouse but silent when she sl*t shames or is offensive and says all sorts of bs

Basically as long as it servers her purpose and it’s amongst the people she’s not particularly close to, she calls out bs…

ofcourse she becomes oblivious when it involves her favs or family members 

Like I said, she is not an activist and doesn't pretend to be one either. She stands up for her friends, and speaks her mind when she feels like.

You really cannot expect her to speak up on every single issue out there. That's a really absurd expectation IMO.

This is the same whataboutery used by bhakts, like when someone outrages about a rape, they immediately come running with "oh you were silent when so many other rapes happened". Erm, no one can consistently speak about every issue, not even activists.

I was merely stating that I admire the fact that she calls out certain regressive and misogynistic attitudes in the industry, like that Mahesh Babu movie poster or Arjun Reddy director's comments, esp. when she has nothing to gain from it except hate mail. Very few people have the guts to do that and she is one of them.

Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

Like I said, she is not an activist and doesn't pretend to be one either. She stands up for her friends, and speaks her mind when she feels like.

You really cannot expect her to speak up on every single issue out there. That's a really absurd expectation IMO.

This is the same whataboutery used by bhakts, like when someone outrages about a rape, they immediately come running with "oh you were silent when so many other rapes happened". Erm, no one can consistently speak about every issue, not even activists.

I was merely stating that I admire the fact that she calls out certain regressive and misogynistic attitudes in the industry, like that Mahesh Babu movie poster or Arjun Reddy director's comments, esp. when she has nothing to gain from it except hate mail. Very few people have the guts to do that and she is one of them.

no ones expecting her to speak on every random issue

Her muteness is palpable tho when the same issues she calls out , are exhibited by people close to her …or in her own projects as far as misogyny and regressive depictions of females go …

And this isn’t whataboutery especially if someone takes special pride in being vocal…

No one questioned ur liking for her either …I merely stated my reasons for being skeptical in the wake of her “boldness”

Originally posted by pathaka

no ones expecting her to speak on every random issue

Her muteness is palpable tho when the same issues she calls out , are exhibited by people close to her …or in her own projects as far as misogyny and regressive depictions of females go …

And this isn’t whataboutery especially if someone takes special pride in being vocal…

No one questioned ur liking for her either …I merely stated my reasons for being skeptical in the wake of her “boldness”

Is it the "same issue" though? The girl who made those allegations was in a consensual relationship with Abhiram and for reasons best known to both of them, it didn't work and she raised a hue and cry. Especially considering the kind of comments the girl made on Samantha, why should Sam have given any credence to those allegations? She is not known to involve herself in personal matters of other people, and that way she was consistent.

Again, expecting her to speak up on a colleague's random misogynistic comment is not her job. She has not taken up the mantle of being a moral police. I don't think that dude is close to her either. So this also qualifies for a random issue. 

Samantha❤️, Naga is fumcking lucky.

Originally posted by Nonpareil

Y Hindi version is not completed ? 

The Hindi remake of the film was temporarily stalled, following the box office failure of Ekk Deewana Tha and Menon noted he planned to observe the reception of the Tamil and Telugu versions and then probably go ahead with its remake in Hindi after completing pending projects. However, Gautham Menon insisted that only Aditya's dates had been a problem and that instead the team would go ahead with the Tamil and Telugu release while postponing the Hindi version.