Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I think italy will win today but im supporting TurkeyπŸ˜†

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Prediction League 

You'll score points for your predictions. It will be more fun. πŸ˜†I'm hoping we can get at least 8 participants.

I'll make a seperate thread for predictions only. You have a couple of hours to think about your predictions and you can submit them just before the first match kicks off or I can allow the whole tournament predictions deadline to be extended just before the 2nd match kicks off tomorrow at 6:30pm IST. You must post your match predictions for the first match though, just before the match starts. 

I wasn't sure if I was gona go ahead with the prediction league. That's why it's all last minute. πŸ˜†

We can post the predictions openly. Football is more unpredictable than than Cricket IPL, so it's okay to post them instead πŸ˜†

Scoring System

Tournament Predictions 

Euro 2020 Champions - 100 points

Golden Boot Winner (Top Scorer of the tournament) - 100 points

Golden Glove Winner (The Goalkeeper who keeps the most clean sheets) - 100 points

Group Stage Predictions

Group Winners - 4 points

Runners Up - 4 Points

4 best 3RD place finishes - 4 points 

Matches

4 points if you correctly predict the winning team or match to end as a draw 

8 points if you predict the correct score.

Can you commit to the game guys? You'll have to post predictions daily. 

Edited by TheGladiator - 2 years ago
Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

Group F is the Group of Death, but I think Group A looks fairly interesting too, at least on paper.

Italy are Italy; Switzerland are no pushovers & have generally done well in recent tournaments and Turkey are coming off an excellent qualifying campaign in which they even beat France. Wales were semi-finalists last time around.

Group of death indeed. 

I agree. Some good teams in Group A too. That looks like the 2nd most interesting group.

Do you have a favourite team in the tournament? 

I will be backing England, Turkey, Italy & Portugal to do well in the tournament. I will be happy if any of those 4 win the tournament. Portugal only cos of Cristiano Ronaldo. β­οΈBelgium are a very good team too. They have world class players in their team & exciting team to watch. They'll be my 5th team. β­οΈI'm spoilt for choice cos there are some interesting teams in the tournament πŸ˜†

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Unique.Sheep

I think italy will win today but im supporting TurkeyπŸ˜†

Same here. πŸ˜†

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: TheGladiator

Group of death indeed. 

I agree. Some good teams in Group A too. That looks like the 2nd most interesting group.

Do you have a favourite team in the tournament? 

I will be backing England, Turkey, Italy & Portugal to do well in the tournament. I will be happy if any of those 4 win the tournament. Portugal only cos of Cristiano Ronaldo. β­οΈBelgium are a very good team too. They have world class players in their team & exciting team to watch. They'll be my 5th team. β­οΈI'm spoilt for choice cos there are some interesting teams in the tournament πŸ˜†

Probably England- there's a natural affinity because of the Premier League πŸ˜ƒ

Others- no real favourites per se, but I'll back any team that plays attacking, high-press, high-octane football. Not really a fan of teams that shithouse their way via 1-0's and penalties. πŸ˜† It's why I had a soft corner for Leeds in the Prem last season after watching their 4-3 against Liverpool.

I don't like England in cricket and rugby, but footy's an exception πŸ˜›

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

Probably England- there's a natural affinity because of the Premier League πŸ˜ƒ

Others- no real favourites per se, but I'll back any team that plays attacking, high-press, high-octane football. Not really a fan of teams that shithouse their way via 1-0's and penalties. πŸ˜† It's why I had a soft corner for Leeds in the Prem last season after watching their 4-3 against Liverpool.

I don't like England in cricket and rugby, but footy's an exception πŸ˜›

Oh, another fan of the Premier League πŸ˜ƒGlad to see another fan here who watches the Premier League. πŸ˜ƒI'm also not a fan of those teams that park the bus and play very defensive. Those scrappy 1-0's. Leeds were very brave last season, playing attacking football, regardless of the risk of conceding a lot of goals. We want to see more and more attacking football. β­οΈ

hbkrocks thumbnail
Originally posted by: TheGladiator

Prediction League 

You'll score points for your predictions. It will be more fun. πŸ˜†I'm hoping we can get at least 8 participants.

I'll make a seperate thread for predictions only. You have a couple of hours to think about your predictions and you can submit them just before the first match kicks off or I can allow the whole tournament predictions deadline to be extended just before the 2nd match kicks off tomorrow at 6:30pm IST. You must post your match predictions for the first match though, just before the match starts. 

I wasn't sure if I was gona go ahead with the prediction league. That's why it's all last minute. πŸ˜†

We can post the predictions openly. Football is more unpredictable than than Cricket IPL, so it's okay to post them instead πŸ˜†

Scoring System

Tournament Predictions 

Euro 2020 Champions - 100 points

Golden Boot Winner (Top Scorer of the tournament) - 100 points

Golden Glove Winner (The Goalkeeper who keeps the most clean sheets) - 100 points

Group Stage Predictions

Group Winners - 4 points

Runners Up - 4 Points

4 best 3RD place finishes - 4 points 

Matches

4 points if you correctly predict the winning team or match to end as a draw 

8 points if you predict the correct score.

Can you commit to the game guys? You'll have to post predictions daily. 

I don't mind it πŸ˜Ž

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Golden Boot Contenders 

• Harry Kane - England
  • Romelu Lukaku – Belgium 
  • Kylian Mbappe – France
  • Cristiano Ronaldo – Portugal
  • Ciro Immobile - Italy
  • Memphis Depay – Netherlands
  • Serge Gnabry – Germany
  • Karim Benzema – France