Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: Mysticaldivine

Great take👏

Nice flow of events or pictorial view of this episode.No doubt the cinematography was awesome in IPK. 

Some mistakes right from the beginning but it was a great start.

The symbolism and especially numerology was my forte in Blast from the past threads, I was the only one who did that so far in IPK analysis...as I learned from my father. I didn't even use it in my #IPKKNDRewind threads as it is a special thing I shared with my blaster friends...Yes, Redus had many theories of many things in IPK when it was on the air. Many tracks were changed later on.

Nice thoughts on the wedding, simple and the way this function is being conducted in many homes and traditional way without too much extravaganza. Fakeness was not involved, a true Lucknow way.

Her wedding dress later has the same combination of green and red dupatta

yes the cinematography and direction was fabulous from Day One! The only two elements which were consistent in their quality all throughout! 

ohmygod I love the use of numerology, the parallels with Radha Krishn, Ram Sita, and the colours in depicting the internal aspects of the show! I would say I picked most of it u from Doods and Tants in Redux but try to lean more and more about it!

absolutely, the lucknowi way with the Guptas, and then those traditions tying them with Raizada's were absolutely beautiful! 

I loved her wedding dress. It was a lighter shade of green but similar combination. Sanaya looked ethereal every time they changed her up from those velverty tent dresses! 

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

yes the cinematography and direction was fabulous from Day One! The only two elements which were consistent in their quality all throughout! 

ohmygod I love the use of numerology, the parallels with Radha Krishn, Ram Sita, and the colours in depicting the internal aspects of the show! I would say I picked most of it u from Doods and Tants in Redux but try to lean more and more about it!

absolutely, the lucknowi way with the Guptas, and then those traditions tying them with Raizada's were absolutely beautiful! 

I loved her wedding dress. It was a lighter shade of green but similar combination. Sanaya looked ethereal every time they changed her up from those velverty tent dresses! 

Tanta, Doods usually do symbolism and ur old analysis also reflecting your interest in symbolism...that is why I said beside me no one else did numerology

well don't go to tents plz😆😳

IPodcastKKND thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Quickly jumping in this convo - I also love. how subtle it was. Like no dramatic way of tying mythology or numbers with the plot but those who see things like that will see it. 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: IPodcastKKND

Quickly jumping in this convo - I also love. how subtle it was. Like no dramatic way of tying mythology or numbers with the plot but those who see things like that will see it. 

absolutely! as much as I loved the inclusion of small symbolic aspects in the script, the dialogues alone were written well enough for us the story to be woven with nuance. couple that with subtle shifts in expressions and great direction! My favourite episodes are Nissar Parvez, Arshad, and Lalit Mohan like the love scenes by Arshad and Nissar were just impeccable. 

The first episode with the last scene of them meeting have a thousand unsaid words between the two and that's just good writing of that scene. Not any symbolic aspects. 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

Episode 0I

Ep 2: The Dori Breaks 

and so it begins!! The first meeting, the divine stars have intervened. Devi Mayyian watched over as Khushi drove away on the stolen scooter and just as she pulled her dupatta feeling his gaze over her, she slips and falls in the arms of her rajkummar

Every single interaction between them, it's Khushi who breaks away or walks away. Every single one. She is the one to break the bubble by stepping back or wanting to break away from his grip. He doesn't let her go right away as she squirms and him pulling her back into his arms for that brief second as he takes all of her in, makes her realise her hand on his collar which the moment she removes he pushes her off him. I think bitwa realised what happened to him. He was angry alright, but this girl stirred something the moment he saw her and her trying to break free away from him, a man who girls flock after; he is not going to take these feelings lightly. I think he realised what happened when snapped at her taking her hand off his collar.

Khushi stands scared. Whether any feelings in her have risen or not, she was scared and nervous to begin with and it's clear that the way this man stared at her was not how men should be looking at anyone for that matter. The guards take her away from the premises but not without her dupatta falling off and landing at his feet. 

I always found the Khushi's dupatta a character of it's own. Dupatta means a lot to south asian women. Hell I would say that when I find myself wearing a 6ft fabric around me, the realisation of what this garment means symbolically and what it communicates about my character to style is not something that can be a joke. For a girl like Khushi, the dupatta is a symbol is respect and how funny and ironic it is that the man who in next few seconds will declare his control over her life will be the one to return/restore the respect he tried time and time again to disapprove about her to himself. The dupatta under his feet, falling by his feet is such a big deal. But also I feel this moment signifies that Devi Mayyian did sent Arnav as Khushi's protector. If Arnav has been provided with the power and ability to choose his interpretation of what her clutching her dupatta means, then he is also the only one whose treatment of her dupatta protects her image and reputation in eyes of others. 

The dupatta and the collar are recurring motifs. And beautiful ones at that! There's something that happens to my brown ghairat at the utilisation of these motifs. Maybe internalised sexist rhetoric? 😆

ImageImage

ImageImage

Back at Gupta House, we get a glimpse of Bua ji's displeasure at Khushi's antics and everyone being worried about not being able to find the papers. Payal who had been hoping that Abhishek was unaware about the dowry, at finding out he's said nothing to defend the Guptas or his to-be wife, finds herself more upset. Meanwhile Garima figures out the connection between Khushi's absence and the mortgaged papers missing.

All while Khushi is being interrogated. In all honesty, I would be hella sus of Khushi being somewhere and ruining a major multi-million company's event. I tried listening multiple times but Barun really used to mumble a lot of dialogues on the beginning. He mumbles the name of a rival fashion house which the nosy person in me wanted to know! 

When Arnav takes the first step forward, Khushi doesn't step back but it's from his second step forward that she starts taking a step back. A precedent is set between these two and the progression of their relationship with one taking a step forward, another taking a step back. Khushi doesn't willingly stop taking steps back until after Shyam's revelation. I think it also tracks Khushi's relationship with Arnav's anger. If Khushi's personality and actions give Arnav a reason to start falling for her or allow himself to trust his feelings for her, then none of anything that Arnav does ever allows Khushi to move past the confusion of having feelings for him. She is instead troubled at the aspect of liking someone she's doing her level best to hate. 

In first 15 mins of the second episode, we get everything that's going to be the foundation. Arnav always being the one to catch Khushi, the collar, the dupatta, and the bubble which evolves into Rabba Ve, and the steps. I think this is the one of the reasons the initial episodes are beautiful and grip you. The show doesn't waste time in establishing the thesis of their relationship. We slowly start exploring their characters but the relationship, that's what all of this is about. 

Sanaya literally looked like a goddess in this episode I swear. The make up is perfect, her face looks perfectly angelic and stands out in contrast to Barun's intense presence. the glowy backdrop of the make up room with mirrors and lights provides a perfect backdrop for who both of them are as people. Arnav being extraordinary and grandeur. Khushi being the source of light. 

With Arnav narrating about aukat and wealth, Khushi's expression changes and she refers to caring about family members. She's here because of her sister. Eventually Khushi lands up in Shantivan because of his sister. If money is a motivator to regain the Malik's lost respect and turn them into Raizadas, the money is also something that Arnav equates with respect. He is after all still standing in Sheesh Mahal, and money along with respect was what he lost the day him and his sister were kicked out. He had to rely on Mami's assistance eventually to be able to build up a strong investment portfolio and a fashion house. 

I also think Arnav used wealth and class as a reason to provoke Khushi. There are two types of people in middle class or lower classes. Those who take pride in their ability to not ask for help and earn their way through life, and those who would do anything for money. Funny how the damad of Malik's daughter is the one whose a gold digger. 

But what is something poor girls have to prize more than their being? Their respect. And at the mention if his sister who Khushi made an assumption of existing, he is compelled to destroy everything about her. 

badtamizi pe tou mein Abhi aya nahi hoon.

The way this show turned the dori and dupatta into a motif of what they actually are is beautiful to me. There's nothing romantic about preserving respect and dignity, but there is something powerful in someone's ability to be able to do so. Arnav ripping apart the pearls and having them scatter symbolises how his presence took the innocence away. From the release of this clip, there is no moment where Khushi's character doesn't come under question by either Arnav or Shyam. The pearl dori breaking also starts Arnav's journey of walking a path where he had to be apologise. He is going to be living with this guilt for at least the entirety of the year. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

Back at Gupta House, everyone is concerned for Khushi except for Bua ji, who is definitely the one more concerned about appearances than Garima. Perhaps because for Garima, her husband is still present besides her. As much as I hate prioritising of appearances and the shame-based social approach of brown communities, it is something that unfortunately exists and our narratives exist within the existence of socially acceptable appearances. 

Payal whose been asked concisely about Khushi doesn't budge but she decides to say something with her father returning. Perhaps because she also realises that the way she loves Khushi unconditionally and considers her as her closet confidant, Babuji also is accepting and understanding of Khushi's intentions even if they revert to a mistake. Payal's displeasure at Abhishek not speaking up for her also helps in being happy at Khushi's return and aiding Khushi afterwards as much as she could. 

Shashi who had been apprehensive about dowry to begin with is relieved to see Khushi safe and sound, Garima who was adding by the norms of how girls family should behave was disappointed beyond words, and Bua ji was just straight up angry. I think Bua ji is the only character who despite loving Khushi, displays the bias in how she considers Payal to be perfect and Khushi to be imperfect. 

While Khushi provides the explanation about going to meet the not-hone-wale jija ji, we do get an insight into why despite Manorama's objections and her own reservation on class issues, Payal agrees for Akash. Because Akash is honest about his feelings and about all that he hopes to provide. I have to say, the Gupta sisters have a really low bar for their men after having Shashi as a father. But honestly, don't we all just settle at crumbs half the time? It's truly a shame. -- Khushi admits her mistakes unless she's challenged or dared. and she doesn't hesitate in apologising except from Arnav. Khushi apologising is almost a norm for her character however Khushi apologising Arnav is not going to be one. I find that juxtaposition of how Khushi treats Arnav and him wanting apologies to be extremely hilarious! She forgives his gravers mistakes but not anything menial. 

mat kaho humme amma!

oh, how it breaks Khushi's heart! Khushi is whole accepted into her family even by Bua ji so on the two occasions when she is reminded of her orphaned status, it crumbles her entire world. After all, she went to see Abhishek, Junior Engineer who wanted dowry for her step sister. She crosses over boundaries for those she loves and her family members are the people she repeatedly crosses these boundaries and social conventions for. Also in both the instances of Khushi being reminded about her orphaned status, Shashi and Payal are more understanding despite their disappointment or pain. They truly love Khushi whole-heartedly. 

The episode ends with Khushi opening up the sweet shop after being unable to sleep. I love the moonlight on both the girls face. It symbolises their inner turmoil and distress. With the divine clock on, the journey to rediscover themselves and them in love is going to rule the hearts of Gupta sisters. 

Episode 03

Edited by dramebaaz.af - 2 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Episode 0I

and so it begins!! The first meeting, the divine stars have intervened. Devi Mayyian watched over as Khushi drove away on the stolen scooter and just as she pulled her dupatta feeling his gaze over her, she slips and falls in the arms of her rajkummar

Every single interaction between them, it's Khushi who breaks away or walks away. Every single one. She is the one to break the bubble by stepping back or wanting to break away from his grip. He doesn't let her go right away as she squirms and him pulling her back into his arms for that brief second as he takes all of her in, makes her realise her hand on his collar which the moment she removes he pushes her off him. I think bitwa realised what happened to him. He was angry alright, but this girl stirred something the moment he saw her and her trying to break free away from him, a man who girls flock after; he is not going to take these feelings lightly. I think he realised what happened when snapped at her taking her hand off his collar.

Khushi stands scared. Whether any feelings in her have risen or not, she was scared and nervous to begin with and it's clear that the way this man stared at her was not how men should be looking at anyone for that matter. The guards take her away from the premises but not without her dupatta falling off and landing at his feet. 

I always found the Khushi's dupatta a character of it's own. Dupatta means a lot to south asian women. Hell I would say that when I find myself wearing a 6ft fabric around me, the realisation of what this garment means symbolically and what it communicates about my character to style is not something that can be a joke. For a girl like Khushi, the dupatta is a symbol is respect and how funny and ironic it is that the man who in next few seconds will declare his control over her life will be the one to return/restore the respect he tried time and time again to disapprove about her to himself. The dupatta under his feet, falling by his feet is such a big deal. But also I feel this moment signifies that Devi Mayyian did sent Arnav as Khushi's protector. If Arnav has been provided with the power and ability to choose his interpretation of what her clutching her dupatta means, then he is also the only one whose treatment of her dupatta protects her image and reputation in eyes of others. 

The dupatta and the collar are recurring motifs. And beautiful ones at that! There's something that happens to my brown ghairat at the utilisation of these motifs. Maybe internalised sexist rhetoric? 😆

ImageImage

ImageImage

Back at Gupta House, we get a glimpse of Bua ji's displeasure at Khushi's antics and everyone being worried about not being able to find the papers. Payal who had been hoping that Abhishek was unaware about the dowry, at finding out he's said nothing to defend the Guptas or his to-be wife, finds herself more upset. Meanwhile Garima figures out the connection between Khushi's absence and the mortgaged papers missing.

All while Khushi is being interrogated. In all honesty, I would be hella sus of Khushi being somewhere and ruining a major multi-million company's event. I tried listening multiple times but Barun really used to mumble a lot of dialogues on the beginning. He mumbles the name of a rival fashion house which the nosy person in me wanted to know! 

When Arnav takes the first step forward, Khushi doesn't step back but it's from his second step forward that she starts taking a step back. A precedent is set between these two and the progression of their relationship with one taking a step forward, another taking a step back. Khushi doesn't willingly stop taking steps back until after Shyam's revelation. I think it also tracks Khushi's relationship with Arnav's anger. If Khushi's personality and actions give Arnav a reason to start falling for her or allow himself to trust his feelings for her, then none of anything that Arnav does ever allows Khushi to move past the confusion of having feelings for him. She is instead troubled at the aspect of liking someone she's doing her level best to hate. 

In first 15 mins of the second episode, we get everything that's going to be the foundation. Arnav always being the one to catch Khushi, the collar, the dupatta, and the bubble which evolves into Rabba Ve, and the steps. I think this is the one of the reasons the initial episodes are beautiful and grip you. The show doesn't waste time in establishing the thesis of their relationship. We slowly start exploring their characters but the relationship, that's what all of this is about. 

Sanaya literally looked like a goddess in this episode I swear. The make up is perfect, her face looks perfectly angelic and stands out in contrast to Barun's intense presence. the glowy backdrop of the make up room with mirrors and lights provides a perfect backdrop for who both of them are as people. Arnav being extraordinary and grandeur. Khushi being the source of light. 

With Arnav narrating about aukat and wealth, Khushi's expression changes and she refers to caring about family members. She's here because of her sister. Eventually Khushi lands up in Shantivan because of his sister. If money is a motivator to regain the Malik's lost respect and turn them into Raizadas, the money is also something that Arnav equates with respect. He is after all still standing in Sheesh Mahal, and money along with respect was what he lost the day him and his sister were kicked out. He had to rely on Mami's assistance eventually to be able to build up a strong investment portfolio and a fashion house. 

I also think Arnav used wealth and class as a reason to provoke Khushi. There are two types of people in middle class or lower classes. Those who take pride in their ability to not ask for help and earn their way through life, and those who would do anything for money. Funny how the damad of Malik's daughter is the one whose a gold digger. 

But what is something poor girls have to prize more than their being? Their respect. And at the mention if his sister who Khushi made an assumption of existing, he is compelled to destroy everything about her. 

The way this show turned the dori and dupatta into a motif of what they actually are is beautiful to me. There's nothing romantic about preserving respect and dignity, but there is something powerful in someone's ability to be able to do so. Arnav ripping apart the pearls and having them scatter symbolises how his presence took the innocence away. From the release of this clip, there is no moment where Khushi's character doesn't come under question by either Arnav or Shyam. The pearl dori breaking also starts Arnav's journey of walking a path where he had to be apologise. He is going to be living with this guilt for at least the entirety of the year. 

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

Back at Gupta House, everyone is concerned for Khushi except for Bua ji, who is definitely the one more concerned about appearances than Garima. Perhaps because for Garima, her husband is still present besides her. As much as I hate prioritising of appearances and the shame-based social approach of brown communities, it is something that unfortunately exists and our narratives exist within the existence of socially acceptable appearances. 

Payal whose been asked concisely about Khushi doesn't budge but she decides to say something with her father returning. Perhaps because she also realises that the way she loves Khushi unconditionally and considers her as her closet confidant, Babuji also is accepting and understanding of Khushi's intentions even if they revert to a mistake. Payal's displeasure at Abhishek not speaking up for her also helps in being happy at Khushi's return and aiding Khushi afterwards as much as she could. 

Shashi who had been apprehensive about dowry to begin with is relieved to see Khushi safe and sound, Garima who was adding by the norms of how girls family should behave was disappointed beyond words, and Bua ji was just straight up angry. I think Bua ji is the only character who despite loving Khushi, displays the bias in how she considers Payal to be perfect and Khushi to be imperfect. 

While Khushi provides the explanation about going to meet the not-hone-wale jija ji, we do get an insight into why despite Manorama's objections and her own reservation on class issues, Payal agrees for Akash. Because Akash is honest about his feelings and about all that he hopes to provide. I have to say, the Gupta sisters have a really low bar for their men after having Shashi as a father. But honestly, don't we all just settle at crumbs half the time? It's truly a shame. -- Khushi admits her mistakes unless she's challenged or dared. and she doesn't hesitate in apologising except from Arnav. Khushi apologising is almost a norm for her character however Khushi apologising Arnav is not going to be one. I find that juxtaposition of how Khushi treats Arnav and him wanting apologies to be extremely hilarious! She forgives his gravers mistakes but not anything menial. 

mat kaho humme amma!

oh, how it breaks Khushi's heart! Khushi is whole accepted into her family even by Bua ji so on the two occasions when she is reminded of her orphaned status, it crumbles her entire world. After all, she went to see Abhishek, Junior Engineer who wanted dowry for her step sister. She crosses over boundaries for those she loves and her family members are the people she repeatedly crosses these boundaries and social conventions for. Also in both the instances of Khushi being reminded about her orphaned status, Shashi and Payal are more understanding despite their disappointment or pain. They truly love Khushi whole-heartedly. 

The episode ends with Khushi opening up the sweet shop after being unable to sleep. I love the moonlight on both the girls face. It symbolises their inner turmoil and distress. With the divine clock on, the journey to rediscover themselves and them in love is going to rule the hearts of Gupta sisters. 

Episode 03

Beautiful narration

I love this epi for many many reasons.

First, as you mentioned the base of future epis

actually, first 7 epis have everything that covers the entire IPK, except for some changes like missing Dhruv and pandatji becomes a businessman to deal with Arnav later on...blah blah...but I always ignore these things have my focus on what has been offered...

Now Dupatta, pearls, Mannat ki chaabi, three things are the key of this show...I won't entangle you as I have explained in my Epi epi 55 in Blast threads how pearls are scattered and what these signify. Not only the innocence yet many things are associated and that is why these remain in the picture for many many episodes...until he returns her back and uff that embracing moment that always melts me...he makes her understands and she forgets the contracts as she never wanted to come back to Shantivan until that contract was done...again he was the one who brought it back but again...writing had loopholes too...I forgive 😆..

Absolutely this nonsense of brown families or hiding stuff from others so no one says anything about anything...hate that but it exists.

Same goes with women always get crushed in between all these social norms. Respect is something but these cultural boundaries had me...I won't say much

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mysticaldivine

Beautiful narration

I love this epi for many many reasons.

First, as you mentioned the base of future epis

actually, first 7 epis have everything that covers the entire IPK, except for some changes like missing Dhruv and pandatji becomes a businessman to deal with Arnav later on...blah blah...but I always ignore these things have my focus on what has been offered...

Now Dupatta, pearls, Mannat ki chaabi, three things are the key of this show...I won't entangle you as I have explained in my Epi epi 55 in Blast threads how pearls are scattered and what these signify. Not only the innocence yet many things are associated and that is why these remain in the picture for many many episodes...until he returns her back and uff that embracing moment that always melts me...he makes her understands and she forgets the contracts as she never wanted to come back to Shantivan until that contract was done...again he was the one who brought it back but again...writing had loopholes too...I forgive 😆..

Absolutely this nonsense of brown families or hiding stuff from others so no one says anything about anything...hate that but it exists.

Same goes with women always get crushed in between all these social norms. Respect is something but these cultural boundaries had me...I won't say much

I love the analyses you shared in blasters! I love the insight we get into Arnav's psyche. While he doesn't;t straight up deny love, he definitely makes a conscious decision to run away from it because he's seen it's destructive effects on his mother at least. With Khushi, the pull is so strong and she's someone that he never thought he would choose. 

I love your take on pearls. Pearls are the epitome of femininity and purity however since these are recaps in a sense, I didn't;t want to overindulge on the symbolic aspects too much but the use of pearl is fantastic in the senes of what it conveys and symbolises. The scattering of pearls wrecks havoc on Khushi's life and the moment he understands the true impact, it had been too late. 

I know there were so many loopholes about this in later episodes. I maintain that writers were fantastic at beginning parts of the track but they never knew how to properly tie up loop holes and end tracks. I think that's also why narrative changes bugged me! I think Dhruv gets replaced with NK in a way because they probably didn't know how to introduce him properly. With NK, they also got the opportunity to play around with double edged dialogues through his Hindi which I think they wouldn't;t have been able to do so with Dhruv. 

oh gosh they rotated the background actors so much but chalo it was a daily soap after all. I forgive too! 😆

the bold, def explain if you feel comfortable! I am always all ears on pushing boundaries! 

Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Episode 0I

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

mat kaho humme amma!

Episode 03

Hullo ji!

I love the pearls scene— kinda mirrors Mughal e-Azam with the Sheesh Mahal and scattered pearls.

Obviously, that was the first time Arnav's action was dubious but he didn't do it to assert sexual control or power so that's something that prevents the scene from getting tainted. But, like you said, that scene is also a gradual dissolution of Khushi's innocence/naïvette and the gradual defeat of Arnav's iron-clad control. He breaks the Dori to prove that he can control Khushi's situations, she unfetters her hair to deal with it. Unbound hair symbolises femine sexuality in many South Asian traditions. Didactic texts as well as convention calls for married women to tie their hair— Draupadi's untied hair symbolising the destructive nature of feminine sexuality— really misogynist stuff. But here it represents new, albeit not innocent, realisations and directions.

Unlike most heroines, Khushi rarely had unbound hair. Till her temple marriage (I refuse to invalidate it because Khushi herself never invalidated it, not even when she was mad at Arnav), every instance that she has had her hair unbound worked as a stepping stone in their romantic/habibi love. Be it the Dori-breaking, the photoshoot, the guesthouse, Teej, Diwali, Payash Engagement,  Cocktail party, Mime-mami, Sangeet, Mehndi, Haldi-havan or the wedding itself. Now, after the wedding, she rarely tied her hair in a classic case of inversion. Yet, her hair was always pinned. The only time where her was not even pinned came during the kidnapping track where all the temporal factors in their life didn't matter. They were just happy to be together and Khushi was even ready to take the next step in their relationship. That's one of the reason why I found the premise of the remarriage track so jarring and out of place

Anyhow, I always like this association of growing erotic love-habibi ishq and Khushi's hair whether done consciously or not.

Now Arnav and Khushi's ishq was both habibi and haqiqi at the same as foreshadowed in the next episode. That's why temples, the urs and even heartbeats being one play such an important role in their life. Their love is not entirely healthy but they will always find a way to each other because their love is transcendental. It forgives, always. Both of them need intense therapy, though.

This was also the beginning of the end of Arnav's control. The man who was as calm as his namesake in destroying his uncle never had any control around Khushi. Till the marriage, we see him struggle to control his feelings for her by sheer will. As if  ASR can cower his own heart into submission. His absolute defeat is, of course, the marriage where he marries her despite feeling betrayed by her. He recoils at his defeat and  puts up feeble attempts at resistance. But resistance is futile. 

Edited by Bluegrass - 2 years ago
Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Hullo ji!

I love the pearls scene— kinda mirrors Mughal e-Azam with the Sheesh Mahal and scattered pearls.

Obviously, that was the first time Arnav's action was dubious but he didn't do it to assert sexual control or power so that's something that prevents the scene from getting tainted. But, like you said, that scene is also a gradual dissolution of Khushi's innocence/naïvette and the gradual defeat of Arnav's iron-clad control. He breaks the Dori to prove that he can control Khushi's situations, she unfetters her hair to deal with it. Unbound hair symbolises femine sexuality in many South Asian traditions. Didactic texts as well as convention calls for married women to tie their hair— Draupadi's untied hair symbolising the destructive nature of feminine sexuality— really misogynist stuff. But here it represents new, albeit not innocent, realisations and directions.

Unlike most heroines, Khushi rarely had unbound hair. Till her temple marriage (I refuse to invalidate it because Khushi herself never invalidated it, not even when she was mad at Arnav), every instance that she has had her hair unbound worked as a stepping stone in their romantic/habibi love. Be it the Dori-breaking, the photoshoot, the guesthouse, Teej, Diwali, Payash Engagement,  Cocktail party, Mime-mami, Sangeet, Mehndi, Haldi-havan or the wedding itself. Now, after the wedding, she rarely tied her hair in a classic case of inversion. Yet, her hair was always pinned. The only time where her was not even pinned came during the kidnapping track where all the temporal factors in their life didn't matter. They were just happy to be together and Khushi was even ready to take the next step in their relationship. That's one of the reason why I found the premise of the remarriage track so jarring and out of place

Anyhow, I always like this association of growing erotic love-habibi ishq and Khushi's hair whether done consciously or not.

Now Arnav and Khushi's ishq was both habibi and haqiqi at the same as foreshadowed in the next episode. That's why temples, the urs and even heartbeats being one play such an important role in their life. Their love is not entirely healthy but they will always find a way to each other because their love is transcendental. It forgives, always. Both of them need intense therapy, though.

This was also the beginning of the end of Arnav's control. The man who was as calm as his namesake in destroying his uncle never had any control around Khushi. Till the marriage, we see him struggle to control his feelings for her by sheer will. As if  ASR can cower his own heart into submission. His absolute defeat is, of course, the marriage where he marries her despite feeling betrayed by her. He recoils at his defeat and  puts up feeble attempts at resistance. But resistance is futile. 

I am back!

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Hullo ji!

absolutely! There is something in that scene which translates into grandeur. I also love that it takes Khushi saying "aagar aap ki didi ki shaadi toot jaye toh!" for him to pull her pearls and scatter. At least for the viewers, if not for Khushi, we can see that his sister's wedding is a weak spot and Khushi asking what he will do if his sister's marriage faces danger is when he replies with I will destroy whoever threatens it. Which he sets out to do once he thinks Khushi is one of the reason his sister's marriage is in danger. It's not about sexual control or even intimidation, it's about the consequences of bringing up his sister. 

yes!! the temple wedding was as real as their second wedding especially when in between the rasams of the second public wedding, they both acknowledge that they've already done a lot of these rasams before. I believe for Khushi, even phere wouldn't have meant anything if Arnav had assured her of his love beforehand. She was ready and waited for him that night after the terrace after his ILY. I really didn't want Arnav to show up for the wedding but instead come next day to take Khushi regardless or for the vows to be taken in the absolute end of the show but the technicalities of PH and channel decisions are for another time.

I love the take on hair. I didn't connect it to specifically the draupadi interpretation of hair but I would say that for the most part, the show's entire script didn't put in anything unless it wasn't meant to mean something. Khushi's Hari coming undone at the moments where there would be a shift in Arnav's feelings for her was extremely symbolic on how hair represented parts of Khushi's femininity. To understand through draupadi values definitely adds value and weight to the metaphorical parallels the script used! 

and red, oh how I loved Arnav realising how much at mercy of Khushi had he come to. With next episode we finally see him putting the course in action where pearls scatter enough that it'll take a year for both of them to pick them up every pearl but the cost of that action, the cost of proclaiming himself into God, is that he loses and has to bow to Devi Mayyian's daughter. In this instance I remember the equating of Radha Khrishna to Arnav and Khushi on the second suhaag raat. Truly to be married dad to be unmarried, the title of the show gave flutters to my heart that day with that parallel.