•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

Recently started watching YRKKH again after the Kairav custody track. I used to love KaiRa but I think from a couple standpoint, they had no growth left and I understand why the makers decided to kill off Naira and restart the leads' story in a way. Probably best to milk Shivin's chemistry to the maximum while they are still willing. ðŸ˜†

Anyway, I was really impressed by how the CVs handled the tracks post Naira's death and introduced Sirat. She was a fierce and outspoken character, a little flawed, given to bouts of self-pity but mostly a good person at heart. I also liked that she wasn't the typical mahaan ITV FL - she would complain about her problems and wasn't always the one with all the solutions - very real and quite refreshing to see honestly. Her bonding with Kairav and later Kartik was also handled well and Kartik and Sirat's story had so much potential.

But the writers kinda messed up with Ranveer's entry. Despite the aesthetically beautiful scenes between Kartik and Sirat the last two weeks, their dynamic has become a little bland. Kartik keeps doing stuff for Sirat and is coming across as too good to be true, while Sirat is coming across as extremely needy and incompetent. When was the last time she helped Kartik with anything? Also, what was the point of this entire Ranveer-Sirat marriage? Nothing against Karan Kundra, but I wish they exit his character sooner rather than later. It's done more harm than good honestly - both story-wise and TRP-wise. I also hope the writers start focusing on Kartik's emotions more - like I am tired of watching him in this relationship advisor mode. Please give us the old Kartik Goenka back - the one with so many shades to his character, not this monochrome version!