Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abhavi0821 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by: aysemLDG

Thank you so much once again. Sanaya's voice is always clear and easy to hear since she is talking aloud enough. Subtitle is definitely best option.

My pleasure 🤗

Miss.Zaidi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: radix

Pics Gallery & other IF threads MEGA INDEX 👈

• Videos

⦿ Coffee Time With Griha | Sanaya, Barun

⦿ Peeping Moon | Sanaya, Barun

⦿ Mehta-phorically yours | Sanaya, Barun, Abhaas, Akshay, Daljiet (Second post)

• Pics by cast
  • Interview (Second post)
  • Screenshots (Second post)
  • SM Posts by hosts (Second post)
  • Articles (Second post)

\

Coffee Time With Griha | Griha Atul YT | Sanaya, Barun 

Coffee Time With Griha | Griha Atul YT | Sanaya, Barun | Promo

Its lovely .

radix thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Added Peeping moon video

woman11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

They should not do interviews unless it is a well structured planned event like the Friends reunion. It is understandable that they have forgotten most of the show related stuff since it’s been so long, and I guess being real life friends with each other has now put them in a personal zone beyond their characters. 

They do not eat, breathe, live IPKKND as their fans, and it is unfair to expect the same amount of attachment to the show when they have clearly moved on. Gul’s interview last year was much better since she asked questions from the insider’s point of view and maybe she gave them the questions in advance to prepare. Impromptu interviews will bring out more of their individual selves than their characters, and are bound to disappoint avid worshippers of the show. 

Edited by woman11 - 2 years ago
Bluegrass thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: manya17699

I was very bitter after the live yesterday but today I feel that more than 9 yrs have been passed since they last shot their respective characters,so it's quite natural for them to not remember their dialogues.Also daily soaps are never shot in any sequence,so maybe they didn't connect much with the story(probably they are more aware about the loop holes and change in good storyline owing to trps/channels more than us)like the fans We fans have watched the story multiple times and hence remember each and every dialogue. I started watching it only a month back,so everything is so fresh for me.

As they say change is the only constant,I now feel that it's good that the cast have moved on, keeping the good memories of the show intact in their heart.Barun appears to be quite pragmatic and realistic man so I can now understand is lack of enthusiasm. Also,we as an audience forget that they are actors, it's important for them to move on from character to another for living. They can't stick to one character throughout their life and it's good to look forward for better things in life.

The only thing I genuinely wish is to see Barun in Romance genre.He nails it.Its been so long since he played a romantic hero.The last I remember is IPk(I count IPK3 non existent

To be quite honest, they memorise pages and pages of dialogues almost every working day, and this wasn't the only show that they have done in 10 years. Moreover, unlike a movie script, daily soaps get written/rewritten on the last minute. Most likely, they don't even get a day to sit with the script. It is highly improbable that even the writers remember the dialogues and all the tracks after 10 years, let alone the actors.

It's quite similar to a college reunion, you don't remember all the books you read and papers you wrote, but remember the people involved. I, tbh, am more happy that they remember the crew and dupes because THEY. ARE. THE. ONES. WHO. MAKE. A. SHOW. They are the ones who get the least dues.

I think, apart from the live, the interviews could have had more focused approach. Not just in terms of the storylines and if you-remember-chaste-Hindi-dialogues-you-clearly-don't-use-in-your-speech, but about the craft itself.

The live obviously was chaotic because that's what happens amongst friends.

Frankly, I don't have much to say about Akshay because the character from the beginning was executed as a medium/check for Arhi story. I understand his bitterness only if  he was promised something else which is very likely

dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

I just watched the peeping moon interview and the fan questions made the interview much more interesting than the rest of the interviews. Of course, as fans of the characters and the show, things related to the show and not the personal lives of the cast bring more joy. 

What I would like to see is an organised panel interview. Now I am sure there's not a precedent for something like this unless its for big budget films, and I am an avid viewer of US shows and films but a panel with the producers, the directors, the writers rather than the actors will be much more fulfilling for the fans and the creator of the show alike. Actors are simply the face of the show. They execute what's given to them and keeping in account how the Indian tellywood industry works, asking actors questions about characters wouldn't go over as well since it's of course been a decade however the people who provided us with the material, they would still have insight. I think for that reason alone, I really like the interviews Gul did because an insider perspective is what makes the show come alive. 

Like Barun mentioned in the peeping moon interview, they don't spend their days thinking what would Arnav and Khushi do which is perfectly normal of an actor to say. and why would they as well. Sanaya had another show Rangrasiya that was second to IPKKND in ratings and following afterwards. They both have done critically acclaimed work afterwards in short films and films as well which provides weight to their work as actors a lot more than taking credit for a mostly fresh and somewhat better written content at the time of a show. 

I understand Akshay Dogra's bitterness honesty. As one of the first members of the cast to join social media, his twitter in 2012 used to bombarded with questions regarding Arnav and Khushi rather than him. Akash was also an important person in Arnav's life however we saw Akash's presence diminish on screen regardless of his importance. He eventually quit the show because look at the kind of track they gave him. The bubbly track being one of the few ones which made zero sense. Akash and Payal as a couple had a lot of potential with their characters but they were under utilised. It's also been ten years and that man quit the show unhappy with his character. At least Deepali had good amount of scenes in the entirety of 2011. His bitterness if that's how it come across as such feels justifiable. 

After the initial days of swimming in the nostalgia lake, I don't think the show should come back nor the characters. However the cast chemistry reflected on screen with comfort level and to see them on-screen again would be amazing. 

Bluegrass thumbnail
Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

I just watched the peeping moon interview and the fan questions made the interview much more interesting than the rest of the interviews. Of course, as fans of the characters and the show, things related to the show and not the personal lives of the cast bring more joy. 

What I would like to see is an organised panel interview. Now I am sure there's not a precedent for something like this unless its for big budget films, and I am an avid viewer of US shows and films but a panel with the producers, the directors, the writers rather than the actors will be much more fulfilling for the fans and the creator of the show alike. Actors are simply the face of the show. They execute what's given to them and keeping in account how the Indian tellywood industry works, asking actors questions about characters wouldn't go over as well since it's of course been a decade however the people who provided us with the material, they would still have insight. I think for that reason alone, I really like the interviews Gul did because an insider perspective is what makes the show come alive. 

Like Barun mentioned in the peeping moon interview, they don't spend their days thinking what would Arnav and Khushi do which is perfectly normal of an actor to say. and why would they as well. Sanaya had another show Rangrasiya that was second to IPKKND in ratings and following afterwards. They both have done critically acclaimed work afterwards in short films and films as well which provides weight to their work as actors a lot more than taking credit for a mostly fresh and somewhat better written content at the time of a show. 

I understand Akshay Dogra's bitterness honesty. As one of the first members of the cast to join social media, his twitter in 2012 used to bombarded with questions regarding Arnav and Khushi rather than him. Akash was also an important person in Arnav's life however we saw Akash's presence diminish on screen regardless of his importance. He eventually quit the show because look at the kind of track they gave him. The bubbly track being one of the few ones which made zero sense. Akash and Payal as a couple had a lot of potential with their characters but they were under utilised. It's also been ten years and that man quit the show unhappy with his character. At least Deepali had good amount of scenes in the entirety of 2011. His bitterness if that's how it come across as such feels justifiable. 

After the initial days of swimming in the nostalgia lake, I don't think the show should come back nor the characters. However the cast chemistry reflected on screen with comfort level and to see them on-screen again would be amazing. 

Yes. Absolutely. Secondly, if you see American shows or British shows, they end up making 20 something episodes over the course of 8-9 months. The writing and execution are supremely, understandably better. If the actors end up remembering most of the storylines, it is because they could sit with them for a week, at least. This is not, at all, what happens with itv. I can't blame anyone for not remembering the literal story, lol.

Thirdly, as actors, it is absolutely understandable why they won't revisit 400+ episodes of something out of pure nostalgia. It is weird to see yourself fall in love as a stranger time and time again. I won't see myself for 8000 minutes more than thrice. Again, it's not a movie or a limited show.

Fourthly, I didn't remember much of the show till I discovered it for myself a few weeks earlier. So, it's just practically unfair to blame them of anything. For that matter, Sanaya and, to an extent, Barun always acknowledge the importance of the show.

ITV needs to introduce seasons because this is exactly what happens. The shows paradoxically lose longetivity.

Edited by Bluegrass - 2 years ago
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Bluegrass

Yes. Absolutely. Secondly, if you see American shows or British shows, they end up making 20 something episodes over the course of 8-9 months. The writing and execution are supremely, understandably better. If the actors end up remembering most of the storylines, it is because they could sit with them for a week, at least. This is not, at all, what happens with itv. I can't blame anyone for not remembering the literal story, lol.

Thirdly, as actors, it is absolutely understandable why they won't revisit 400+ episodes of something out of pure nostalgia. It is weird to see yourself fall in love as a stranger time and time again. I won't see myself for 8000 minutes more than thrice. Again, it's not a movie or a limited show.

Fourthly, I didn't remember much of the show till I discovered it for myself a few weeks earlier. So, it's just practically unfair to blame them of anything. For that matter, Sanaya and, to an extent, Barun always acknowledge the importance of the show.

ITV needs to introduce seasons because this is exactly what happens. The shows paradoxically lose longetivity.

oh for sure. wouldn't say that the US shows are quality shows as well. Recently we have the archie adaptation Riverdale and it's been a real joke. I'm a huge fan of nbc comedies and for the most part also got into shows like this is us which is also on nbc. 

I think the disconnect with the actors comes from the fact they never truly digested the show's content. Of course as viewers, especially those who've been around all ten years they've engaged with the content more than the actors personal lives. 

the only other itv show I watched start to end was kuch rang pyar ke and it was a finite show with a cohesive story line. Something like that where all the characters stuck to the roles they were offered, narratives didn't change etc is much more viable as a transition from daily soaps on itv. I also think Pakistani dramas are a good inspiration especially with the success they found on zee zindagi. You can have shows like iss pyar ko exist in multiple seasons and the same amount of episodes if you allow every person involved from creation to execution to truly understand and fall in love with the content. 

regardless, I am glad to see the actors doing their level best at connecting with the fans despite never having that foundation with their roles whilst playing those characters. If I would get a chance to talk to someone about this show in the fanatical way I find myself over here, I think I would like to talk to the directors and story concept writers!

manya17699 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I feel we are one hell of a lucky fandom.

So many shows were successful ten years back and how many of them had tried reconnecting with fans by giving them literally 3 interviews on the decade celebration of the show. 

SARUN had a choice.If they didn't want to give an interview,no one could have forced them but they still chose to come together.They chose to respect their fans.I know interviews might not have been perfect but atleast they were fun to watch and made everyone giggle atleast one 

No matter how chaotic the live was,but it still was fun and made some of us nostalgic.Basically we got everything in the 3 interviews.

1.Off-screen chemistry which fans missed during show's segment 10years back: INSTAGRAM LIVE

2.Sarun's bonding: Griha's coffee segment

3.celebration of IPK and it's importance in their life: PEEPING MOON SEGMENT

P.S :I think we were too quick in judging it.its quite ironic that I am writing this as I felt very let down and bitter after the interviews but now when I am over my nostalgia and way rational now,I feel Sarun gave us more than any lead of itv could give to their fandom.

Bluegrass thumbnail
Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

oh for sure. wouldn't say that the US shows are quality shows as well. Recently we have the archie adaptation Riverdale and it's been a real joke. I'm a huge fan of nbc comedies and for the most part also got into shows like this is us which is also on nbc. 

I think the disconnect with the actors comes from the fact they never truly digested the show's content. Of course as viewers, especially those who've been around all ten years they've engaged with the content more than the actors personal lives. 

the only other itv show I watched start to end was kuch rang pyar ke and it was a finite show with a cohesive story line. Something like that where all the characters stuck to the roles they were offered, narratives didn't change etc is much more viable as a transition from daily soaps on itv. I also think Pakistani dramas are a good inspiration especially with the success they found on zee zindagi. You can have shows like iss pyar ko exist in multiple seasons and the same amount of episodes if you allow every person involved from creation to execution to truly understand and fall in love with the content. 

regardless, I am glad to see the actors doing their level best at connecting with the fans despite never having that foundation with their roles whilst playing those characters. If I would get a chance to talk to someone about this show in the fanatical way I find myself over here, I think I would like to talk to the directors and story concept writers!

Of course, the absolutely regressive and laughable elements are such that none of them including the writers resonate with. And, frankly, what else can they say about the show? I have engaged with the fandom for a few days but out it seems as such that they, especially Barun cannot talk about it critically. What else can they talk about?