Unshakable Trust and Unconditional Support | Ishqi and Ahaan | OS

Posted: 2 years ago

•| Unshakable Trust and Unconditional Support

Here, it is extremely important that you know before reading that Ahaan did not say all of the obnoxious things he did in the show here. He did send her to the jail though but not with the amount of humiliation he did in the show. Because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to write this one. So keep in mind, he skipped all the shi t he spat in the show here.

Bail aapne karayi?

His cold fingers gripped the railing of the terrace of the resort once his heart alerted him of her presence before her voice reached his ears. Her footsteps turned louder before every sound stopped and silence consumed it all. He didn't have to turn around to know that she now stood right behind him. Perhaps just a step or two away.

"Maine nahi karayi." His sharp voice boomed in the absolute silence they were in. Their chaotic hearts resisted their insane urges to run up to each other and comfort their scarred souls.

"Yaad hai aapne kaha tha aap bohot kuch karte hai mere liye lekin kabhi batate nahi hai? Aur maine kaha tha, batane ki zaroorat bhi nahi kyunki chahe aap bataye na bataye, mujhe pata chal jata hai."

His hold tightened on the railing. He barely cared about the red imprints that were left on his skin.

His mind traveled back to the moments he had confessed how deeply and immensely he cared for her. Why was the time machine not in existence? Had it been, he would have gone back and rectified his every moment.

Every moment he made her heart smile with his concerned gestures.

Every moment he went out of his way to protect her from the troubles she fell into.

Every moment he couldn't keep his heart in check that couldn't stop running in the direction she walked in.

Every moment... he couldn't stop himself from falling for her and her... for him.

"Mujhe bulaya kyu?"

His gaze narrowed at her question. No way. No way on the earth she had gotten his message. He had deleted it right away after sending it. He was sure it wasn't delivered before he deleted it.

Or probably it did get delivered. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't exactly recall.

Damn it. His fist punched on the surface it could find, not caring if it was the metal railing he was hitting on to.

"Kya kar rahe hai aap?" Her screeched voice snapped him out of his zone. She rushed to his side, taking his hand in her delicate hold. Her teary gaze stared at his reddened hand for she didn't know how long.

A beat of silence stretched between them as he watched her carefully checking if his hand was severely hurt.

This woman. He was tempted to wipe those unshed tears in her eyes, hold her to him and just ask... what it was she wasn't minding bearing everyone's hatred for but he knew it better.

He had asked her earlier as well but she found getting arrested better than letting him know the truth. If she didn't tell him then, why would she tell him now?

He knew, she wouldn't.

He didn't even know how his fingers acted against his brain and typed that message to her. He knew he had put his desperation and vulnerability bare out there in front of her.

He pulled his hand to himself in one strong pull, involuntarily jerking her hand away.

"I am fine."

Emotions threatened to overwhelm her at his cracked voice. They had come a long way. She needed not to hear it from him if he was okay or not. Her heart held the capacity to know if his heart was at peace or not and right now, it wasn't.

Helplessness was the worst feeling ever, she clutched the hem of her dress at the thought.

She scanned her surroundings and caught the sight of a small table. She glanced at him once before striding toward the table.

She fetched a glass of water from the glass jug over there and walked back to where he stood.

She held her hand out, waiting for him to take the glass.

His aching heart didn't have the strength to fight anymore. He turned his face away from her, leaning on to the railing with his elbows.

She quietly took a step beside him, and waited beside him. Wordless. No forcing. No convincing. She just stood there, allowing him as much time as he needed. 

He stole a glance at her from the corner of his eye. She was still holding the glass for him. His eyes went back to the front as he stared in the void.

None realized for how long they stood beside each other, one listening to the other's silent battles while the other seeking and longing for his answers.

It wasn't until he realized that she wasn't going to mind hurting her hand for him, he sighed and grabbed the glass from her.

His throat didn't need the water but his heart needed to pull it to him before it could hurt her.

"Main jaanti hu aapko bohot takleef ho rahi hai," she said, once he gulped down the water, emptying the whole glass within seconds.

"Jaanti ho to de kyu rahi hu takleef?" Leaning against the wall, he crossed his arms to his chest. His eyes still didn't find the courage to look at her.

He didn't trust himself when it came to her.

Who knows, one look into her eyes and he might just end up blurting out everything that he knew he couldn't afford to let her know!

"Aapko lagta hai main khush hu aapko aise dekhke?"

"Nahi hoti to sach bata deti."

"Bata sakti to chupati hi kyu?"

A long pause followed their back and forth questions.

"Agar kuch kehna hi nahi tha to yaha aayi hi kyu?"

"Bas aapko dekhne aayi thi. Bas aapko batane aayi thi ke maine shadi Mayank ke vajah se todi. Bas itna kehne aayi thi ke khudko blame mat kariye. Aur main jhooth nahi bol rahi hu."

Her head slightly bent to see him utterly quiet after her revelation.

Feet by feet, she pulled herself backward. After a long stare at him, she braced herself for she knew it was the time. The time to leave. Him.

Her heavy steps struggled to drag her away from him. It wasn't easy. It wasn't easy to watch him so miserably upset and leave him to be on his own. All alone. But miserably upset or even mad at her seemed better than broken with the entire truth.

"Stop."

Her speed slowed but she did not let her steps to halt. She had to firm her heart and walk away. Even if that meant to let him hate her for life.

"Ishqi. Ruk jao. Please."

His earnest plea held her in her place. She squeezed her eyes shut at the sheer pain his voice was laced with.

His hurt trapped her in a way that didn't let her leave and before she even knew, she was right beside him.

"Kyu nahi bata sakti? Kya rok raha hai tumhe? Please bata do."

"Insaan toote usse behtar hai ek rishta toot jaaye. Waise bhi aapne hi kaha tha na, hamare beech na kabhi kuch tha, na hai aur na hoga. To rehne dete hai na? It doesn't matter."

And with that, she turned to leave again but before she could even lift her leg, his fingers swiftly curled around her wrist.

"It does matter. Ek minute ke liye jo maine kaha who bhul nahi sakti?"

"Koi vajah hai?"

His eyes raised to look into hers. For the first time ever since she walked to him on the terrace. His palm slowly reached out for her cheek, caressing it for a fraction of moment before he plopped down to the ground.

His mask of pretense had fallen, exposing his shattered self, longing to know the truth. Her truth. Their truth.

Her own eyes watered at the breakdown he was having. Though his denial had been quite hurtful, she wasn't oblivious to the fact that she mattered to him.

But she hadn't thought that she mattered him to the extent where this one incident had shaken him inside out.

"Mujhe laga tha tumhe yakeen hai mujhpe," he spoke, voicing out his despair to her, not bothering about the fact that he was letting her see the vulnerable Ahaan that he had protected from every pair of eyes ever since his mother had abandoned him and Sonu.

"Yakeen to kal bhi tha aur aaj bhi hai. Agar ye mere yakeen ke bare me hota, to sach aapke samne bohot pehle hota." She pushed herself down, to sit beside him.

"Yaad hai maine kaha tha, ke agar aap sach jante to aap mera hi sath dete. Main tab bhi janti thi aur ab bhi manti hu - aap mera sath dete lekin mujhse zada ye kisi aur ke bare me hai."

His head turned to catch a glimpse of her, his eyes silently asking her to continue.

"Aap jaante hai, meri ek dost thi. Bohot pyari thi. Aayat naam tha uska. Roz salwar kameez pehenkar, do choti banakar aati thi. Ek din wo gayab ho gayi."

He shifted on his place, facing toward her, the willingness to know more reflecting in his eyes.

"Ek ladka tha. Senior tha. Usne Aayat ko kidnap kiya tha. Do din baad uski body usi ke ghar ke aage mili thi. 

Yaad hai, AVM, aapne kaha tha problems unhi ladkiyon ke sath hoti hai jo unhe invite karti hai? Aayat ne kya kiya jo uske sath wo sab hua? Na wo chhote kapde pehenti thi. Na late-night bahar ghumti thi. Na koi parties attend karti thi. Kya galti thi uski, AVM? Thi uski koi galti?"

Silence lengthened between them when he didn't respond, stuck in the story that she had shared. The story that was challenging the belief he had lived his life on.

"Yaad hai aapne kaha tha mere Maasaji ko bura lagega mera ye kehna ki mujhe kisi mard ke sahare ki zaroorat nahi? Unhe kabbi bura nahi lagega kyunki unhe koi farq nahi padta. Maasi domestic violence ki victim hai. Saalon se. Makeup se apni chot chupati hai lekin chot ko jad se khatam karne ka khayal tak unhe manzoor nahi. Jante hai kyu? Kyunki society hamesha auraton ko blame karti hai. Fir chahe unki koi galti ho ya na ho."

His eyes almost popped out of his sockets once her words sank in. Once the initial shock faded, he was left with uncountable thoughts, questions and judgments.

"Mayank aur Sonu ek relationship me reh chuke hai.'

"WHAT?" Disbelief flickered in his eyes. "You are mistaken," he said, scrutinizing her orbs for a tinge of uncertainty but her unwavering gaze sent a chill down his spine.

She let him have a moment to let it all sink in before she narrated the circumstances that led her to cancel her wedding with Mayank one by one. Bit by bit. Occasionally pausing for a moment or two when his eyes would scream the horror, offering her silent comfort to him when needed.

By the time she reached the end by revealing it was Mayank who had pushed his father, he sat there, clutching his head in an iron-strong grip.

Sonu and Mayank? He didn't want to trust - neither her nor his ears.

His throbbing head felt like it would explode at the revelations thrown at his face. The revelations he could never think of had they not been explicitly told.

A part of her heart went out for him to see his numb, shaken self. She knew it wasn't easy for him.

Sonu and Mayank were the two people he held preciously dear to himself. Accepting that one turned out to be a monstrous evil and another, a living lie was certainly tough.

"Sonu... ne mujhe nahi bataya? Wo aur Mayank..." His voice trailed as he recalled all the times when they had been together. Never once his otherwise intelligent mind could see what was happening right before his eyes.

"Aur Sonu ne suicide... suicide karne ki koshish ki?" A lump formed in his throat almost choked him on his words. Suppressing sobs no longer seemed possible.

The sister he had vowed to protect from every harm in the world... she thought dying was better than coming to him with what had gone wrong.

"Aap abhi bhi nahi samajh rahe hai." She shifted a little closer to him, reaching out for his hand that was still gripping his head.

"Aapne Sonu se hamesha ye kahan ki agar ladkiyon ke sath kuch galat hota hai to galti unki hoti hai. Hamesha se usse ye kaha ki wo koi galti karna afford nahi kar sakti. Apni family ke liye ek perfect ideal ladki bante bante wo ye bhul hi gayi ke hamesha uski galti nahi ho sakti.

Uss din jo hua, usme galti Sonu ki nahi thi ke wo party me gayi. Galti thi Mayank ki ghatiya soch ki. Mayank ek ghatiya insaan hai.

AVM, kehna bobot aasan hota hai, ladki raat bhar bahar ghum rahi thi isliye uske sath galat hua. Usne kapde chhote pehne the isliye uske sath galat hua. Wo party me gayi thi isliye uske sath galat hua.

Are jiske sath galat hua use hi ilzamo ke niche itna deba dete hai ke wo agar uthna bhi chahte to uth na paye.

Kyu ham ladkiyon ke kapdo ko blame karte hai lekin ladko ki ghatiya soch ko nahi?

Kyu ham aaj bhi aisi society me rehte hai jahan ham ladkiyon ki struggle hi kabhi khatam nahi hoti.

Padhne ke liye lado.

Job ke liye lado.

Shadi ke baad job continue karne ke liye lado.

Apni marzi ke kapde pehene ke liye lado? Ham apni marzi ke kapde tak nahi pehen sakte?

Kitna aur kis kis le ladenge? Mere jaisi ladkiyan to fir bhi sabse lad lengi par Sonu jaisi ladkiyon ka kya? Apni hi family se kitna lad payengi?

Aapko sochna padega ke Sonu aapko kyu nahi bata paayi."

Remorse swamped him as guilt shattered his eyes. He suppressed his shudder as the mere thought of Sonu jumping off the terrace went slashing his heart.

Foe minutes, they sat in silence after the clouds of misbelief sidelined, revealing the shimmering truth. His unremitting struggle to acceptance still continued.

"Mujhe kabhi maaf kar paogi?"

"Kis liye?"

"Tum par yakeen na karne ke liye. Tumhara sath na dene ke liye."

"Mujhe maaf kar payenge? Sonu ke bare me itni badi baat aapse chupane ke liye?"

Their gazes locked with each other, aching to soothe the long hours of hurt and pain they had dealt with. Mentally exhausted, neither of them had an ounce of will left to say a single word about the events that had gone wrong.

"Ishqi. Uss raat jo tumne kaha tha ke maine tumhari list ke sare points tick kar diye... Wo sach tha?"

"Haan." Not even a moment she had taken to respond.

"Kya list thi tumhari?"

"Fir kabhi bataungi."

"Main ek baat batau?"

"Haan."

"Meri bhi ek list thi. Anti-Ishqi list. Sorry, matlab meri dream partner list. Jo tumne kab tick kardi, mujhe pata bhi nahi chala."

"Sach me? Kaisi thi aapki anti-Ishqi sorry dream partner wali list?"

"Fir kabhi bataunga."

They exchanged a brief look before their lips broke into beautiful smiles. That night, they shared smiles and chuckles, cries and tears, flaws and perfection. Gone were the moments of despair when one got the other's unconditional support and the other, one's unshakable trust.

Ishqi and Ahaan.

Bujhado Aag Dil Ki Aaj, Ise Khulkar Hawa De Do.

Jo Iska Mol De Paaye, Usne Apni Wafa De do.

Tumhare Dil Me Kya Hai Bas, Hame Itna Bata De Do,

Ke Ab Tanha Safar Katata Nahi,

Ham Kya Kare!

Notes: The lyrics used are from the song Ye Dil Tum Bin Kahin Lagta Nahi.

Though I believe in never say never, this is most likely my last piece of work on these two because after yesterday's episode, I, personally can't see myself understnaidng, accepting or forgiving him. And this is sincerely me. You can have your perspective. 

Thank you very much for giving my works a chance and appreciating them so wholeheartedly. I am eternally grateful to each one of you for the kind of support you have offered me.

Much love.

💜

Edited by IAdoreYou - 2 years ago

Beautifully written - this is how most of us wished it would have played out - thanks for writing and sharing 

Such a beautiful piece.❤️

Loved how you described the moments of silence between them, silent yet conversing with each other 

I can understand its difficult to write about Ishqaan after what happened yesterday, but who knows future mein fir likhne ka mann ho jaye kuch achcha dekhke like yesterday'ss sneak peek. ⭐️

"Jaanti ho to de kyu rahi hu takleef?"

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Beautiful⭐️

Now this is what I was expecting, not from CVs n Gul but you. Yes. 

I'm so glad to read this. 

When they say fanon is superior to canon, this is the reason. We sometimes, nay, most of the time do justice to the characters because we know their essence and what it feels like. We're not driven by drama and trp. That's why these pure feelings can be depicted! 

Kudos woman!🤗👍🏼👏👏

Originally posted by esprit_00

Beautifully written - this is how most of us wished it would have played out - thanks for writing and sharing 

I am glad you had a good read. Thank you. 🤗

Originally posted by -Ayushi-

Such a beautiful piece.❤️

Loved how you described the moments of silence between them, silent yet conversing with each other 

I can understand its difficult to write about Ishqaan after what happened yesterday, but who knows future mein fir likhne ka mann ho jaye kuch achcha dekhke like yesterday'ss sneak peek. ⭐️

Thank you, Ayushi. I am glad you had a good read. I love the volume silence speaks. Nothing is more endearing when you have your eyes communicating. 💜

Absolutely. Like they say, never say never. Thank you. 🤗

Originally posted by adithyan

"Jaanti ho to de kyu rahi hu takleef?"

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Beautiful⭐️

💜

Thanks a bunch. I am glad you liked it.

Originally posted by DelusionsOfNeha

Now this is what I was expecting, not from CVs n Gul but you. Yes. 

I'm so glad to read this. 

When they say fanon is superior to canon, this is the reason. We sometimes, nay, most of the time do justice to the characters because we know their essence and what it feels like. We're not driven by drama and trp. That's why these pure feelings can be depicted! 

Kudos woman!🤗👍🏼👏👏

Hey, Neha! Thank you very much. I am glad this piece lived up to your expectations. 💜

always writing things which are how we wished things would have actually been , thank you❤️