RaghVi TS : Amnesia - (Completed)

Posted: 2 years ago

This is the first work I have ever written  on an onscreen couple. Hope you like it! 

(This story is not related to the show. And kindly, Iss OS ko padhne se pehle logic ko bahar chhoro ๐Ÿ˜)

Before you carry on reading, I would like you to know that I, in no way, mean to disrespect our civil servants. They work for our country non stop and I respect and admire them a lot for it. This is just a fragment of my fantasy and would hope that you imagine the same. 

Do drop your views and constructive criticism is welcomed. No tomatoes or juta- chappals please๐Ÿ˜…

WARNING : Proof reading has not been done!

RAGHVI TS: AMNESIA

"DRIVER, FAST!!" Shouted the grief stricken woman. Tears and restlessness on her face, puffiness in her eyes, feet tapping endlessly - every body action of hers shouted that she she was scared. Anxious. Shocked. Afraid, of loosing him. She glanced a look at the man on her lap. She gently caressed his hair as more tears fell from her eyes. "Please w-wake up, Raghav. Don't leave me a-alone here. Y-You promised me right? That you w-would never leave me alone. It's high time you f-fulfill your promise. Please!"

The hiccups were not helping in decreasing the pain of her heart either. It appeared as though the man lying on the back seat of her car was sleeping peacefully, as if he wake up the next moment ; but Pallavi knew otherwise.

Pallavi Deshmukh. An IAS officer posted in Bangalore. She had everything one could ever wish of : Love, respect, prosperity. People respected and admired her. She was the apple of her Aai and Baba's eyes. Nikhil had always supported and encouraged her, which was highly unlikely to expect from a younger sibling. She had a peaceful and loving family. Unlike any conservative family of Kolhapur, had they not supported her in her decisions, she wouldn't have even thought of attempting the UPSC exams in the first place, let alone cracking the exam with great results!

Yet, she felt something was missing. It felt as if her life is too bland, devoid of colours and enjoyment. As if, a page in her life hasn't been written till now. She had been a non believer of magical enchantments, but secretly craved of having her own fairytale ending.

But today, she seemed distressed as if her life is being  taken away from her. She felt so helpless, so weak, so vulnerable. All she wished now was this man's consciousness as every second passes by. A feeling of Deja vu flashed over her mind as she remembered the incident 6 months ago, which changed her life forever.

-Flashback-

Just like an another day from the last five years, Pallavi was sitting in her car, holding her phone close to the ears, with a serene smile on her face. The dull and plain grey coloured saree with almost no make- up ironically made her look alluringly beautiful, as everyday.

"Yes Aai, I am on my way to the office....Yes I have had my breakfast....Tell Baba and Nikhil that I love them.....you too Aai!....Love you, take ca-"

The little conversation with her Aai was stopped in between as she saw a truck rush towards the car in front with full force, shattering its glasses and making it tilt to the side of the road. Her driver halted the car abruptly. It all happened so fast that she wasn't able to comprehend her surroundings. It was as if she fell into a trance.

"Pallu, what was that sound? Is everything alright?" The concerned voice from the other side of the phone forced her out of her reverie.

"Yes Aai, I am fine. Everything's good here. I will call you later." She cut the call as she came out of the car and ran to the other vehicle, looking for any hopes of finding the person in the car alive.

She saw a man in the driver seat, bleeding profusely. With the help of the driver, she took him out of the car and requested one of the persons from the crowd gathered to call an ambulance.

"The ambulance is not coming any soon in less that 15 minutes." She heard one of the men say. Determined to save the person, she decided to take matters in her own hands.

"Driver, help me in placing him in the back of the car, fast."

She angled his head on her lap in a way which wasn't bad for his neck. Noticing that he was loosing too much of blood, she covered the wound on his head with her pallu, in an attempt to decrease the blood flow. She felt a strange connection from him, something familiar. It was as if she had known him for years, when she didn't even know his name. And that made her desire to save him stronger.

"Ma'am, in order to start the treatment we will need to fill out some details. How are you related to him? The doctor said, checking the reports required. 

The question caught her off- guard. Was she related to him? No. Did she want to save him? Yes. But why? She didn't know the answer. 

She fumbled for a while and replied almost instantly : " I'm his fiancee " To which the doctor nodded and started the procedure of treatment.

"Ma'am, these seem to be the belongings of the patient." The nurse said as she handed a ziplock bag to Pallavi. There was a Rolex watch and a sapphire ring inside. That's when she realised - The person in the Operation Theatre was no ordinary man. He was definitely rich, which was evident from the clothes he wore. Then why was he driving alone? And the truck? Maybe he is a foe to many, she thought.

"The patient is all fine now. He is expected to regain his consciousness any minute." She nodded and went to the counter to pay for the expenses.

As she sat on the chair next to him, Pallavi stared observing his facial features closely. He was handsome and young, with no signs of a married or committed man. However, the bandage on his head was not going well with her. She felt uncomfortable. She wanted him to be fine. At any cost. 

She didn't even realise when his brows scrunched up and eyes opened slowly.

"What's your name?"

"Raghav"

"Surname?"

"I- I don't remember, doctor."

"Do you remember your address or anything else about yourself?"

"No -Nothing, Aah!" Raghav shouted, clutching his head, in a poor attempt to stop the throbbing headache.

"He is suffering from Amnesia, The only thing he remembers about himself is his name, nothing else. Besides that, everything is fine ."You can take him home by today evening." The doctor said, while jotting down the details.

Home? But he has forgotten his memory right? Where would he go then? The first thought which occurred in her mind was to tell the truth to the police and let them deal with him. But will they take good care him? She couldn't leave him alone in the hospital too, she thought. Not after knowing that he is rich and people could take advantage of him here. Plus, he just got saved from an intentional accident. He has become an easy target to his enemies now. What if they again... She shuddered at the thought. No. She won't let anyone harm him. She would take him to her home. But what about Aai Baba? Would they tolerate a stranger in the house? Aai and Baba are not coming in Bangalore for 6 months. His family would find him by then. Who knows he could even get his memory back? Yes, this would be good for him...... 

-Present-

"Vahini? Farhad called out to Pallavi, who was sitting on the bench, emotionless.

"Vahini, Anna will be fine. Please don't stress yourself." To which she nodded slightly. Looking at the Red OT light, Pallavi couldn't help but think about those six months again.

The six months, which she spent with Raghav were the most precious moments of her life. Though he was suspicious of her at first, but soon, Raghav was sure that he could trust her. And he did. There was a lot of uneasiness and distrust between them at first, but they soon became very good friends. Pallavi shared everything about herself - to Nikhil's YouTube channel to her Aai to her friends and college life, everything. And Raghav? Well, he used to listen to her intently. Listening to her talks on Sundays was his favourite activity. They had cute fights and banters together but at the end of the say, they couldn't help but fall for each other harder than the day before. She chuckled sadly as she thought of the special nickname he had given to her. 

Saari ka Dukaan.

-Flashback-

"Vaise Pallavi, tum humesha saree hi kyu pehnta hai?" Raghav asked, while cutting the vegetables required for making Sambar.

One thing Raghav discovered about himself after loosing his memory was that he was an exceptionally good cook, and could make all South Indian dishes with ease. Even though Pallavi tried convince him many times that there were servants in home, he still insisted to cook, saying that it was his way to pay off the little of his debt to her. That wasn't the actual reason though. He didn't like the she was lonely and disinterested in her activities. He had seen her missing her family. He had seen her exhausted. He had seen the impact of stress she had on her head due to workload. And he didn't like that. He wanted to do something for her. To relieve her from stress. Anything to bring a smile on her face. Anything. Unknown to him, he had started falling for her.

And Pallavi? She relished the dishes he made. He never failed to surprise her. Each dish made by him screamed uniqueness and perfection. She had fallen in love with the dishes, and him.

"Achanak se yeh sawal kyu?" She asked while taking tomatoes out of the fridge, amused at his spontaneous question.

"Arrey aisehi poocha. Bata dega toh kha nahi jayega tumko. Ab bol bhi do."

"Ha Ha. Very funny. Mujhe bachpan se hi sarees pehen ne ka bohot shauk hai. They look so traditional and modern at the same time. It looks good on everyone and you know when I was a child, I-" She was stopped in between her hour long speech of importance of sarees in her life.

"Arrey bas bas! Itna sunaega toh mere kaan mein se khoon nikalne lagega! Raghav exclaimed, putting his hands ever the ears dramatically to which Pallavi chuckled. She was used to his childish antics.

"Kabhi kabhi mai sochta hai ki tumko IAS kaun banaya. Tum toh aram se ek saari ka dukaan khol sakta tha! Bohot sale hota tumhara. Vaise abhi bhi late nahi hua hai. Tum chaho toh kol sakta hai, Saari ka Dukaan!! Raghav laughed hard.                                                                                                                        

Pallavi threw a tomato at him which he caught instantly, thanks to his reflexes.

"You! Tumne mujhe saari ka dukaan bulaya?! I didn't work my ass off day and night to be called a saree ka dukaan one day! Jao, tumse katti." Pallavi huffed in anger and turned to the other side. 

"But this is such a cute nickname, please let me call you that." Raghav pouted cutely. One look on his face and all her anger flew off the window. She melted into his cuteness instantly.

"Fine. Only if you feed me Sambar Rice with your own hands." She huffed. It was Raghav's turn to melt into her cute anger and demand.

"Bas itna sa baat? Mai tumko zaroor khilaega, Saari ka Dukaan." He grinned, emphasizing on the last three words. Pallavi glared at him for a few seconds and soon, both of them started laughing heartily.

-Present-

"The operation  was a success. He can be expected to regain his memories back. Though I can't be sure if he would remember the recent happenings. You can meet him now, one at a time."

"Vahini, you stay with Anna. I will call Amma and Kirti."

"Huh?" Pallavi came out of her reverie and glanced a look at Farhad. She started walking towards the room. She was relieved that Raghav was fine. She thanked her stars for saving him. When he would wake up, I will scold him so much for not taking care of himself. Then I, I will feed him his favourite phirni with my hands, he would recover soon and we would marry and live happily with Amma and Aai - Baba's blessings. But.....She shook her head to stop the negative thoughts in her head. No...Of course he would remember me. He can't forget our beautiful moments right? He can't forget me right? But the doctor said that there is a chance.... And if he didn't.....

Suddenly, an uneasy feeling gripped her stomach. She shivered as she remembered the familiar sensation which gripped her senses a few days ago.

-Flashback-

(The following event happened when they had confessed their love for each other and were about to meet Farhad in a few days.)

"Vaise Saari ka Dukaan, Mai soch raha hai ki agar mera biwi aur baccha hua toh? And I'm sure ki ladkiyan mere upar marta hoga. Afterall I am so handsome!" He asked while caressing Pallavi's hair, who was plucking the petals of the rose he gave her.

She got up from his lap and smacked his arm.

"Ow! Aaram se Saari ka Dukaan!  Thoda dhire maaro."

"Maaru nahi toh kya karu? Kyu ashubh baatein karte ho? Hey Deva! Agar sach mein tumhari koi biwi hui toh? Mera kya hoga?" She said, faking anger and worry. Deep inside, she was sure that he was hers, only hers. He had no signs of a married man when she met him at the hospital. Besides, her heart said that he wasn't someone else's. Her heart was sure. She trusted her love. She trusted him.

"Jealous much?" Raghav smirked.

"Yes I am jealous. But atleast I don't threaten a childhood friend to death out of jealousy."

"Toh mai aur kya karta?! Tum usse kitna hass hass ke baat kar raha tha. Aisa kaun sa joke suna diya tha uss Avdait ne-"

"Avdait nahi Advait. Hey deva, ab toh apni Hindi sudhar lo!" Pallavi facepalmed herself.

"Haan jo bhi hai. Aisa kaun sa joke suna raha tha woh ki tum apna saara daant dikha ke hass raha tha? Tum toh mereko ek baar dekha bhi nahi." He complained grumpily.

"Possessive much?" It was Pallavi's turn to grin.

"Haan haan, has lo jitna hasna hai. Jab mai tumko chhod ke jayega na tab pata chalega. Tum toh vaise bhi mere liye search karva raha hai. Agar pata chala that I have a family, Kya karega tum? Worse, agar mai tumko bhul gaya toh? I mean it happens in movies, so it can happen with me too." He said playfully but Pallavi stilled. The sudden statement churned her insides. What if he forgot her? No, It can't happen, it will never happen. She won't be able to live without him...... She-.... Tears were threatening to flow from her eyes.

"Arrey mai toh mazak kar raha tha Saari ka Dukaan! Tum toh rone laga. Itni aasani se nahi bhulega tumko. Now stop crying." 

Raghav didn't expect that his simple joke would affect Pallavi so much that she would start crying. He swore to never make such a joke again.

"Aaj ke baad kabhi bhi aisa mazak mat karna. Varna tumse kabhi baat nahi karungi." She said, sniffling to his chest.

"Thik hai nahi karega Saari ka Dukaan. Na tumko bhulega aur na chhod ke jayega. Hamesha tumhare saath rahega. Yeh mera promise hai, Ardhamaindha?" He assured her while hugging her tight.

-Present-

"Nurse, check his vitals. He is expected to wake up any second." The doctor said while jotting down the details.

She was holding his hand tightly, assuring him. Rather, assuring herself, that everything is fine. Please wake up, please wake up, she kept chanting helplessly. Just then, Raghav's eyes opened and she saw him. Confusion and blankness was evident in his face. That was the moment it hit her hard. Oblivious to him, she slowly left his hand and stood up. She knew that he had forgotten these 6 months. She knew that he had forgotten the precious moments they shared. The funny and lovely banters. She knew that he had forgotten her. His love for her. Her love for him. She knew.

"Anna, aapko hosh aa gaya!"

"Haan Farhad, Mai - mai toh Bangalore mein tha na? For the deal.... Fir yahan kaise.....Kya hua hai mereko....Aur yeh?

All the moments she spent with him and all the lovely words he confessed started flashing like a reel.

"I will never leave you alone."

"I promise that I will never forget you."

"I want to live with you forever."

"You are my heartbeat. How can I live without you?"

"I love you, Saari ka Dukaan."

"Who are you?"

And she shattered.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! I'm Tanvi (Trista is my pen name). I am a south Indian who has fallen in love with MHRW and RaghVi, hard. They are a couple to die for!! I am new to the forum and just joined a few weeks back. 

I am a silent reader by nature and don't interact much online but I was surprised to see everyone so friendly and helpful here! So thought of writing it hehe. Again, this is my first work so please bare with the grammatical mistakes and typo errors.

Index

Part 2 : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/157294832

Part 3 : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/157522167

Edited by Trista101 - 2 years ago

It's beautiful....Please continue...

Update asap ardhamainda ๐Ÿ˜Žthis is lovely ๐Ÿ˜welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ˜Š

Aww not a sad ending. I like the parallel flow of present and flashback in the story seamlessly. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿค—

Such a poignant, beautiful piece ๐Ÿ‘

Originally posted by vimeo

Lovely. Pls continue.

Thanks for your comment! For me, the OS ends here but let's see๐Ÿ˜…

Originally posted by bips_freedom

Thanks for your feedback! I have not thought of continuing it, as of now๐Ÿ™‚

Originally posted by bips_freedom

Thanks! About the OS, let's see๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’™

Originally posted by Kavita99

Update asap ardhamainda ๐Ÿ˜Žthis is lovely ๐Ÿ˜welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for the feedback! I have not thought of continuing this OS yet hehe๐Ÿ˜…. But lets see๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’™