Stopped connecting with this show

Posted: 2 years ago

This is a genuine criticism post  not anything to do to spread negativity. 

I have stopped connecting with the show especially with the characters. I lost my interest from the time dhara hit krish and Shiva and did not feel bad for what she did. Physical abuse is not okay stop normalizing it. I agree dhara has done so much for the family but that action was not okay and everyone reacted as if it was normal. Next the manhandling Shiva does with Raavi is also not okay, it has become his habit. He keeps taking out his anger on her. I will tell the same to dev, I hate rishitha but I will not support manhandling a woman for anything. If dev is angry with rishita, ignore her and give her a silent treatment not manhandling. Gautam is also not left behind, guy keeps on pressuring dhara to act and doesn't listen. I feel all three brothers should separate and leave with their respective wives and be peaceful. This is not how you promote joint families values. Pandya stores both Tamil and malyam versions are really good and well written where suman doesn't exist, where dhara is a human, where rishita is grey shaded and doesn't hurt anyone intentionally, where joint family problems are addressed and not to forget we have a nice progression of Shiva and Raavi's story. I don't know  which version they are following or the makers added over masala to a family drama which was enjoyable. The last family drama which I truly enjoyed where zero of this toxicity existed was Sassural genda phool. I was so excited for this show because One of my friend watches Tamil version and she hyped me up for Raavi and Shiva's story but I'm not getting anything. I'm not judging anyone who is watching this show and I will never will. It is okay and at the end of the day if you're getting entertained and relieved it is good. I'm just disappointed. 😂 I have shipped very toxic couples in past but that was before I understood how bad manhandling is and now I can't continue the same.  I loved most of the ffs written here. You people are so talented and I will keep reading whenever I get time. Maybe I don't comment most of the time but I do press a like. 

You aren't the only one who's stopped connecting with the show. I started to lose interest whenever Dhara hit Shiva and Krish, and I lost whatever interest I had after Anita became a negative shade. My biggest problem with the show is how they've taken an amazing story and turned it into a complete parody of the original.

I was super excited when I saw the changes to the show from the original:

1. GauRa are younger, so I assumed the brothers would have a more friendlier relationship, and GauRa's approach would be one of guidance instead of one of parental authority. In the beginning, I still saw that guidance. However, Dhara has encroached too much and claims authority in areas she never should have claimed anything. It's fine to ask your brother-in-law to marry a girl to save the family izzat, because at the end of the day, you are still giving the brother-in-law an option to walk out if he doesn't want the marriage. But, claiming that all the brothers should follow her is not something she, or even Suman quite honestly, can do. Everyone has their own individuality and that is being taken away by Dhara.

2. ShiVi had a well-developed child story that somewhat explained their love-hate relationship. There was so much potential in exploring their childhood and how that childhood impacts their relationship now. Both of their characters are so nuanced. Shiva is someone who's bold, speaks the truth no matter what, and is willing to do whatever it takes for his family happiness. He has never thought about himself or his appearance, and he doesn't even care if society hates him if it means his family will be happy. Then you have Raavi, an orphan, who has craved love and a family of her own. She's an innocent soul who wants nothing more than individuals who will protect and love her despite her flaws. To add to their layers is their complex relationship, where they care for one another but also don't ever claim defeat. The journey to their relationship was supposed to be filled with longing, desire, fireworks, attraction, angst, you name it. It was supposed to be a slow burn where they slowly realize just how perfect they are for each other, but they already have this false sense of comfort and that makes all these 'layers' seem not so complex anymore.

And this is not to say that I am not disappointed in Rishita's character change either. I liked how in the original she was a gray character. She brought the 'reality' to the family. And I was really hoping she did that here. Rishita has good speaking points, but the way she delivers and her inner thoughts that are revealed to the audience keep pointing her towards being a vamp of the show which is not what I want in the least. 

You're not the only one.

I am moving towards my breaking point. If makers keep up this attitude of half cooked, inconsistent, characters and storylines, then it won't be long before I'll be writing a goodbye post on the forum.

I am going to bear it for now, but don't know how long I'll be able to. I really hope makers step up!

Originally posted by hedwig_potter

You're not the only one.

I am moving towards my breaking point. If makers keep up this attitude of half cooked, inconsistent, characters and storylines, then it won't be long before I'll be writing a goodbye post on the forum.

I am going to bear it for now, but don't know how long I'll be able to. I really hope makers step up!

@bold, no joke, I'm getting to that breaking point. But please don't leave just yet! I'm currently planning out the ShiVi X HP crossover story, and have most of the story worked out in my mind. Just need to get it down on paper ðŸ˜†. Writing FFs and blatantly ignoring the characterizations we've been presented with keeps me going as of now

Regardless, I will tag you for sure!

Edited by milkcakejamun - 2 years ago

Originally posted by aishwarya12joys

This is a genuine criticism post  not anything to do to spread negativity. 

I have stopped connecting with the show especially with the characters. I lost my interest from the time dhara hit krish and Shiva and did not feel bad for what she did. Physical abuse is not okay stop normalizing it. I agree dhara has done so much for the family but that action was not okay and everyone reacted as if it was normal. Next the manhandling Shiva does with Raavi is also not okay, it has become his habit. He keeps taking out his anger on her. I will tell the same to dev, I hate rishitha but I will not support manhandling a woman for anything. If dev is angry with rishita, ignore her and give her a silent treatment not manhandling. Gautam is also not left behind, guy keeps on pressuring dhara to act and doesn't listen. I feel all three brothers should separate and leave with their respective wives and be peaceful. This is not how you promote joint families values. Pandya stores both Tamil and malyam versions are really good and well written where suman doesn't exist, where dhara is a human, where rishita is grey shaded and doesn't hurt anyone intentionally, where joint family problems are addressed and not to forget we have a nice progression of Shiva and Raavi's story. I don't know  which version they are following or the makers added over masala to a family drama which was enjoyable. The last family drama which I truly enjoyed where zero of this toxicity existed was Sassural genda phool. I was so excited for this show because One of my friend watches Tamil version and she hyped me up for Raavi and Shiva's story but I'm not getting anything. I'm not judging anyone who is watching this show and I will never will. It is okay and at the end of the day if you're getting entertained and relieved it is good. I'm just disappointed. 😂 I have shipped very toxic couples in past but that was before I understood how bad manhandling is and now I can't continue the same.  I loved most of the ffs written here. You people are so talented and I will keep reading whenever I get time. Maybe I don't comment most of the time but I do press a like. 

True .. I loved that show no negative characters , no vamps , no toxicity ... 

Only real situations , misunderstandings  and comedy and full of emotions too  !!

I literally cried many times watching there emotional scenes and died laughing on there comedy scenes.

That show aired 10 years ago . 

Sadly now they don't make such beautiful show!😒

The way I relate to this post 🙄. When I started watching this show I did it for ShiVi. We're not getting that much progression with them or their story. They seem to be puppets to Dhara and her story. I also loved the family aspect, but they are nothing but toxic towards each other. Every character has got so many toxic traits that it's hard to relate to them, especially Dhara who is being shown as this great FL. The story is nothing but regressive. The men can't seem to treat women right, the FL is the most abusive one, her husband doesn't speak up enough, the MIL has her moments then becomes abusive too. On top of that characters which could have had a nice redemption track have turned into full on evil ones. 

Someone tell me how to leave please 🤧. ShiVi (or KD and AK should I say) keep making me stay! I'll also admit that this forum and the people on it makes me want to stay. 

Edited by Miss_SR - 2 years ago

Originally posted by hedwig_potter

You're not the only one.

On the same boat buddy , it's just too unbearable for me now . I can't even stand Dhara anymore . It's become irritating and nonsensical And quite rightly put the exact parody of original . I wanted to do trends on twitter in the hopes of not losing on such a good show but I am quite over it now . Maybe 2-3 more weeks and I ll completely move on

Great post!

Rant warning!

And truly feel the sentiment. I agree with everything you said on manhandling, but would also like to add this family is not much different than Janardhan's. If you're young, you have no voice. It's like suppression of the young. You aren't allowed to feel angry or express your concerns because you are young. And somehow only GauRa are only allowed to blow their fuse just like Janardhan and Kamini do to Rishita's mom. And men at both places are subject to abuse. Be it Janardhan in hands of his motiben or ShiSh in hands of Dhara.both are wrong. If ShiSh voice their concerns, they're told to accept and forgive for the sake of family unity and maryada. A suicidal girl's asked to move on and accept her fate, get lectures on being proper bahu and not gossip, and understand the older's personality, but the older one's given all the time in the world to adjust. It's so frustrating.

And I also signed up for a to show like SGP and BBB. I was watching a couple of episodes of BB yesterday and realized how oneof the characters worshipped the mom, and it was good how they showed tracks around how he values his wife just as much. And though the family was matriarchal, they had monthly "town hall" meetings where the family members anonymously submitted their questions/concerns, and how they were addressed. It had its drawbacks, trp drama, but overall it was a fun show. And since SP was successful with two shows, I hadlot of expectations from this, but only to be served medicare TRP crap that's on 24/7 in every other ITV shows.

Originally posted by milkcakejamun

@bold, no joke, I'm getting to that breaking point. But please don't leave just yet! I'm currently planning out the ShiVi X HP crossover story, and have most of the story worked out in my mind. Just need to get it down on paper ðŸ˜†. Writing FFs and blatantly ignoring the characterizations we've been presented with keeps me going as of now

Regardless, I will tag you for sure!

I would really like to see this🤣

Everything I read on this post is absolutely how I feel.....I swear If they keep going like this I wil stop watching the show......They literally have so many interesting things that they can do but still choose all that bhabhimaa crap. arre ab toh over hi ho raha hai.I wonder are the actors happy with how their characters are developing😒