Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kar08 thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: w4always

The Tamizh movie was just lovely! 

It was a sweet romantic film. Some nice music too. Jeeva and Samantha made a good pair. 

kar08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: liberiangirl

Ditto.

I really love Sai Pallavi.  What a fabulous actor she is.   She brings so much value to every role that she's cast in.

Samantha is the Deepika Padukone of Tollywood.   Good lucks, but meh acting.

Sai Pallavi is a powerhouse performer. 

kar08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

was this the remake of Neethane  En ponvasantham???

Looks like it ! 

kar08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: MommaDarling

Didn't know her debut film was supposed to be this. If the handle hadn't written I wouldn't have recognised Samantha at all. She looks so different now like a completely different person.

https://twitter.com/CinemaRareIN/status/1400874248600571904?s=19

Yes, it’s a pity she felt the need to do so much to her face. She is quite unrecognisable now from her early films in the South. I thought she was so pretty in Neethane en Ponnvasantham but she’s lost those looks now. 

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pathaka

the oh baby thing was a counter argument to your “she’s successful even after marriage and after so many years” theory 

Well ofcourse she is , she married the son of two of the biggest families in the Telugu film industry , each with their own production house 

I’m not denying her initial success and not saying she owes that to the akkinenis or daggubatis...she was a bigger star than them when she married...butttt she had also been in the industry 10 odd years 

Most other actresses like nayan, anushka, Trisha all saw a dip in their careers after the first 10 years in the industry despite being mass favs at one point 

Samantha not seeing a major dip after 10 years is not a testament to her popularity or her craft (the above three are superior to her in either or both aspects)

It is rather, a result of the additional brand value and support she got from the families she married into which the other ladies didn’t have 

Her success can’t be attributed to them but her longetivity and success post marriage certainly can 

Like I said, she’s a product of right place at the right time 

This is the funniest thing I have heard in a while, as funny as the one of that HR needed Rakesh roshan to save his career🤣. The truth is the other way round. Sam is a superstar in telugu and Tamil, and hugely popular. The fact that she's still in demand, whereas other top actresses are fading, is bcoz of her bold , unconventional script choices. She did an bold role in Super Deluxe post marraige. She was slammed by the Akkinenis fans for doing such a role after becoming a bahu, but she didn't budge or apologize. Her bagging a role in FM2, has nothing to do with her being a Akkineni bahu. The FM2 makers are in no way obligated to tge suresh productions, unless they are producing or investing in it, which I don't think they are. 

Infact, Samantha has added value to the brand of Akkenenis. Right now, she's the bigger star than the rest of them. Nag and Akhil flopped badly in their careers. If anything, people might watch a Chaitanya's film for Sam, and not the other way round. 

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Equine

This is the funniest thing I have heard in a while, as funny as the one of that HR needed Rakesh roshan to save his career🤣. The truth is the other way round. Sam is a superstar in telugu and Tamil, and hugely popular. The fact that she's still in demand, whereas other top actresses are fading, is bcoz of her bold , unconventional script choices. She did an bold role in Super Deluxe post marraige. She was slammed by the Akkinenis fans for doing such a role after becoming a bahu, but she didn't budge or apologize. Her bagging a role in FM2, has nothing to do with her being a Akkineni bahu. The FM2 makers are in no way obligated to tge suresh productions, unless they are producing or investing in it, which I don't think they are. 

Infact, Samantha has added value to the brand of Akkenenis. Right now, she's the bigger star than the rest of them. Nag and Akhil flopped badly in their careers. If anything, people might watch a Chaitanya's film for Sam, and not the other way round. 

Akhil and chay are not big stars but why do they continue to do movies then? they should be out of the industry right? No way in hell is anyone throwing them out if they have production houses , film institutes etc as part of their lineage 

Ofcourse Samantha is a bigger star than the akkinenis and daggubatis but there is no denying she benefited from the association ( they have infrastructure, connections, lineage, good will and clout to produce films)

Laugh all u want She’s not the only one making the so called “bold choices “....anushka played a sex worker in vedam at the peak of her stardom almost 12 years ago....rudrmadevi had her playing a man for half the movie , she legit became obese for size zero, played a tortured old lady in baahubali ..

actresses like Priyamani, aishwarya Rajesh , parvathy , nayantara, Nitya menon, shraddha Srinath, sai pallavi all have been doing bold roles ...heck even ramya Krishna at this age plays a adult movie star...

They just don’t have any added “clout” and don’t blow their own trumpets that’s all...they can’t just “pitch” projects of their liking and have them happen ...how many times prior to her association with the akkinenis did Samantha have the power to “create” projects? Pre 2015 ( when she went public abt chay), she was doing 2 bit roles like the rest for them in rabhasa, janata garage, kaththi, brahmotsavam, svsc and Ilk...

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago
w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -MakhanMalaai-

was this the remake of Neethane  En ponvasantham???

Yep, NEP is one of my fav movies...

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: pathaka

Akhil and chay are not big stars but why do they continue to do movies then? they should be out of the industry right? No way in hell is anyone throwing them out if they have production houses , film institutes etc as part of their lineage 

Ofcourse Samantha is a bigger star than the akkinenis and daggubatis but there is no denying she benefited from the association ( they have infrastructure, connections, lineage, good will and clout to produce films)

Laugh all u want She’s not the only one making the so called “bold choices “....anushka played a sex worker in vedam at the peak of her stardom almost 12 years ago....rudrmadevi had her playing a man for half the movie , she legit became obese for size zero, played a tortured old lady in baahubali ..

actresses like Priyamani, aishwarya Rajesh , parvathy , nayantara, Nitya menon, shraddha Srinath, sai pallavi all have been doing bold roles ...heck even ramya Krishna at this age plays a adult movie star...

They just don’t have any added “clout” and don’t blow their own trumpets that’s all...they can’t just “pitch” projects of their liking and have them happen ...how many times prior to her association with the akkinenis did Samantha have the power to “create” projects? Pre 2015 ( when she went public abt chay), she was doing 2 bit roles like the rest for them in rabhasa, janata garage, kaththi, brahmotsavam, svsc and Ilk...

No one is  denying that Anushka abd Nayantara are talented too. But, that doesn't mean that Sam is not. Everybody  has their own space. 

BTW..... You seem to be too much angry abt Samantha. I cannot imagine why.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Equine

No one is  denying that Anushka abd Nayantara are talented too. But, that doesn't mean that Sam is not. Everybody  has their own space. 

BTW..... You seem to be too much angry abt Samantha. I cannot imagine why.

Err it’s a debate ...that’s how they work...there is a view and then there is an opposing view 

The people opposing aren’t “ haterzzzzz” just like the people supporting aren’t “rabid crazy fanatics” 

Edited by pathaka - 2 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Hmm...

On the other hand, a buzz says that Samantha Akkineni has been approached by big banners from Bollywood to star in their upcoming ventures. Reportedly, the diva will receive somewhere around Rs 5 crore for each project

https://odishatv.in/news/entertainment/bollywood/samantha-akkineni-beats-rashmika-mandanna-all-the-way-48767