Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Can Bollywood offer good roles to South Superstar Samantha Akkineni?

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

Samantha Akkineni is a firebrand actress in the South and stars in the second season of Family Man which releases next week. From the trailer, she looks to be playing a kickass role.

Can mainstream Bollywood offer interesting roles that would tap her full potential?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEH6vk5N_dE

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stella_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I would say i prefer he doing web series on web movies rather than main stream Bollywood movie .. cos now a days they have really good storyline and strong roles 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Stella_001

I would say i prefer he doing web series on web movies rather than main stream Bollywood movie .. cos now a days they have really good storyline and strong roles 

Yeah but I think she could do both.

Web series don't have that kind of universal exposure yet. Many people in rural areas and lower middle class people hardly have money to spend on these OTT subscriptions

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

She doesn’t even have good roles coming to her in the south because the so called male leads want to act next to the girls who are 1/10th of their age. As long as this kind of pathetic mindset stays, heroines will continue to suffer - superstar or not, with or without family backing!

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: cutejodikangal

She doesn’t even have good roles coming to her in the south because the so called male leads want to act next to the girls who are 1/10th of their age. As long as this kind of pathetic mindset stays, heroines will continue to suffer - superstar or not, with or without family backing!

I agree, the sexism and ageism in South is terrible but I don't think Samantha has been a victim of that. After her marriage, there was a definite shift in her approach, as she focused on doing only meaningful roles. Hopefully it will continue.

Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Ewww no. She is terrible tbh. Barely moves w her plastic mouth

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Breath-Mark

Ewww no. She is terrible tbh. Barely moves w her plastic mouth

I don't believe she did anything with her lips. She did something to her jaw/chin. But since when did plastic surgery become a barrier to becoming a Bollywood actress. Bollywood is filled with plastic.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
pratts thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

I don't believe she did anything with her lips. She did something to her jaw/chin. But since when did plastic surgery become a barrier to becoming a Bollywood actress. Bollywood is filled with plastic.

Why is coming to Bollywood such a measure of success.  Let her act in any wood as she gets a good author-backed role that broadens and enhances her skills.  That much should suffice.  She has enough money and surely that is not an incentive so why bother.  I dont think as audience coming to Bollywood means any success, if anything it means you are ready to be hero's side kick and might get one role exclusively for you in maybe once in 10 years.  An artist is one who is open to doing good work in all mediums across all platforms. 

Majority of Bollywood does not come under this category.

Ktptalks thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

I really don't think so...