Important changes to the Private message system

Posted: 2 years ago

We have updated the Private Message system for our site.

1. Now users can delete PMs from Outbox

2. Users when they delete PM from from Inbox won't affect the senders outbox and will still be accessible.

3. If you have lost your PM from Outbox due to the receiver deleting from Inbox is restored.

We are also working on 2 other features for the PM system:

• Users will be able to sort their PMs in different folders. So lets say you want to save certain PMs to a folder named "Important" or "Buddies" and may be "Spam".

• And also Star the important ones so that it's easy to understand. We would explore option of having multiple star colors also.

Please do share your feedback / suggestion related to PM message on this topic to make it even better.

Update 15 May 2021:

Now users can Star a particular PM which they feel is important. Also note Starred PM cannot be deleted unless they are Unstar so that you do not lose out important PMs accidentally.

Update 21 May 2021:

Now users can sort their PMs in different folders. So lets say you want to save certain PMs to a folder named "Important" or "Buddies" and may be "Spam".

Regards,

Here is a quick tutorial created by Sutapasima

Originally posted by Sutapasima

How  to use new "Folder System" for segregation of PMs 

How to Create new folders 
1. Go to PM home page 

2. Click on " PM Home "

3 Clicking  on PM home ...opens up  "Private Message Overview" box .

4. Click on "Add New Folder" option 

5. Type name of  new folder of your choice you wish to customize, in the dialogue box ( here I added FF folder ) .. remember name has to be a  brief one, of  ten or less characters only. Now click on "ADD" option . 

6. You will see a new folder has been created of your choice 

How to segregate PMs into folders 

1. To move PMs to a folder of your choice first select the PMs 

2. Scroll down and click on "Select Action"

3. Select Customized folder of your choice and then click on "GO" button 

4. PMs will move to your desired folders and your page will look as shown below 

4. The starred PMs  and other segregated PMs  will appear like this on the home page. Your customized  folder names displayed below the PM .

How to UnStar a PM which you feel is no longer important 

1. In order to remove a PM from starred  folder you will select the starred PM like shown here 

2. Scroll down and click on "Select Action " button 

3 Click on "UnStar" option and then click on "GO" 

that PM will become  an ordinary UnStarred PM .

How to move one PM from one folder to another folder 

.1. To remove  a PM  from any folder you have to select those PMs and then click on "select action"

2..click on the option of "Remove from any folder" then click on "GO" button .folder will become ordinary PM of inbox .

How to delete PMs from outbox 

.1. In order to delete unnecessary PMs from outbox ... select the PMs you want to remove, then click on "Select Operation"

select delete option and then click on "GO" button 

selected PMs will be deleted from outbox .

Edited by vijay - 2 years ago

Oh my God!

Thank you so much!

Grateful to the whole tech team for this

I do like the segregation idea

Due to contests and all you do need the entry PMs to be separate from regular ones and it will be helpful

These are great options Vijay. Especially starring messages. Sometimes when I'm emptying my inbox, I'll accidentally delete an important message. At least this way I can star it the moment I read it and know not to delete it.

Thank you Vijay sir. And I love that we can star it and sort the pms folders wise great job by you and teamπŸ‘

Thank you so much for this, Vijay Sir! This will make life so easy for us! 

Great changes, much appreciated! 

I have a doubt. Some old pm isn't accessible (I am talking about 2 years or older pm) it shows error 404. Is it a tech issue? 

Thank you Vijay Sir  

These new features ll be definitely useful

This is indeed good, I have a small request for something else if ever it can be considered,..sometimes it happens that we type in caps  letters if there's a feature added to just make it in small letters(lower-case letter) it will be of great help.

Thank You.

Originally posted by Haal-e-Dil

Great changes, much appreciated! 

I have a doubt. Some old pm isn't accessible (I am talking about 2 years or older pm) it shows error 404. Is it a tech issue? 

Can you share the Screenshot along with the email to my PM and I will have a look.

Wonderful!

It is indeed an important and very useful change.πŸ‘πŸΌ  

Thanks to you and your team for making it possible Vijay.πŸ‘

The other changes will be useful too!

Cheers......