Would Vivek Oberoi become a big star without his affair with Ash? - Page 5

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

I don't see that as a win.   If a guy beats me up ,leaves me with bruises and calls my parents names, I wouldn't merely want to get him off my back,I would want to make him pay. Whether I can or not is a different matter. It depends on who I am,how influential I am ,and a host of things like that.   I would want to try but whether circumstances permit me or not is a different thing.  And my point was that she ,to me ,seems like the one who would want to try.  I never said she should have pursued it. I said she would have.  Had things been different.  Do you think she'd have let it go if Oberoi had abused her instead of Salman? I doubt it.  

Ofcourse Salman wouldn't have gotten out of it . Just like he did with the black buck thing or the guy on the pavement.  Yes the laws are vague and nothing comes out of it for the most part ,verdict wise. There wouldn't have been any 'justice' .  But that's not the point.  Had she pursued it,there would have been a hearing. He would have had to appear in court. There would have been some press,even if there was an injunction against covering it.   Salman would have been remembered for being a part of this case too along with the other ones.  But it was pretty much swept under the rug.  There's a middleground between being glad to get rid of him and him actually being punished for it.   

Every victim of violence wants to take it as far as possible but most of them choose not to because they don't have the means to get into it.  Rai was privileged. She had money. She had clout.  It was a 'high profile' case as they call it. She had the wherewithal to do it without letting the drama affecting her career. But she couldnt ,because it was him-is what I'm trying to say.  Had it been another actor in his place ,someone who wasn't a thug ,someone who didn't have underworld connections,I feel she' d have pursued it and talked about it in the press.  Underneath that delicate Miss World persona she strikes me as someone who doesn't let go easily.  And imagine having to see your husband being chums with your abuser !  Hardly any 'moving on' there ,considering there's never been any apology or acknowledgement from Salman.  It was a compromise and it was a smart move in many ways. But ...

Aish moved on, married in a good family.. and is enjoying her family life. That is victory in its own right.. you don't really have to put someone in jail or take revenge publicly to get back dear..  there are other ways. While Salman is single and still known for his abusive ways (I think he was very obsessed with Aish - he got Sneha Ullal has sort of looked like her.. which is a bit disturbing tbh - imagine after years what was going on in his head)

Even in divorce cases, even if one party is in the wrong - its always best to part amicably with mutual consent... it saves everyone a lot of time, money and mudslinging.. with media involved it can get messy and may be Aish may have not gained much but in fact would have lost more. Salman was already on a downward spiral at the time.. 

Salman accused Shah Rukh of having an affair with Aishwarya. However, Salim Khan denies this charge. "Nobody has seen what happened that day. These are mere rumours which are not substantiated by facts," he says.

Was it a mere coincidence that Salman rammed his Toyota Land Cruiser onto the pavement in suburban Bandra just a day after Aishwarya made her break-up public in the Times of India interview? A person lost his life in the accident, and later Salman had to go to jail for his crime.

https://www.dailyo.in/lifestyle/salman-khan-aishwarya-rai-break-up-2002-hit-and-run-hum-dil-de-chuke-sanam-being-salman-penguin/story/1/8148.html

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

Aish moved on, married in a good family.. and is enjoying her family life. That is victory in its own right.. you don't really have to put someone in jail or take revenge publicly to get back dear..  there are other ways. While Salman is single and still known for his abusive ways (I think he was very obsessed with Aish - he got Sneha Ullal has sort of looked like her.. which is a bit disturbing tbh - imagine after years what was going on in his head)

Even in divorce cases, even if one party is in the wrong - its always best to part amicably with mutual consent... it saves everyone a lot of time, money and mudslinging.. with media involved it can get messy and may be Aish may have not gained much but in fact would have lost more. Salman was already on a downward spiral at the time.. 

Salman accused Shah Rukh of having an affair with Aishwarya. However, Salim Khan denies this charge. "Nobody has seen what happened that day. These are mere rumours which are not substantiated by facts," he says.

Was it a mere coincidence that Salman rammed his Toyota Land Cruiser onto the pavement in suburban Bandra just a day after Aishwarya made her break-up public in the Times of India interview? A person lost his life in the accident, and later Salman had to go to jail for his crime.

https://www.dailyo.in/lifestyle/salman-khan-aishwarya-rai-break-up-2002-hit-and-run-hum-dil-de-chuke-sanam-being-salman-penguin/story/1/8148.html

I think I've addressed this in my response to somebody else. It's not a question of either suffering in silence or getting your abuser imprisoned.  There's a middle ground .  I don't see how marrying well and enjoying your new life is victory over someone who abused you and walks around without consequences.  Ofcourse it's great that she has moved in her personal life and has found a good husband , but that doesn't automatically settle the Salman problem.  Salman is not known for his abusive ways, he's known as a superstar who is supposed to be funny charming and charitable ( according to many, including those from the industry who suck up to him).  His abusive behaviour hasn't really tainted his reputation or taken away from his success for the most part.  That he has never had to  issue an apology to any of these women says a lot.  

@ bold 2. That's exactly what I am talking about. When the victim stands to lose and chooses to let it go because of that , it's a compromise.    

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

I think I've addressed this in my response to somebody else. It's not a question of either suffering in silence or getting your abuser imprisoned.  There's a middle ground .  I don't see how marrying well and enjoying your new life is victory over someone who abused you and walks around without consequences.  Ofcourse it's great that she has moved in her personal life and has found a good husband , but that doesn't automatically settle the Salman problem.  Salman is not known for his abusive ways, he's known as a superstar who is supposed to be funny charming and charitable ( according to many, including those from the industry who suck up to him).  His abusive behaviour hasn't really tainted his reputation or taken away from his success for the most part.  That he has never had to  issue an apology to any of these women says a lot.  

@ bold 2. That's exactly what I am talking about. When the victim stands to lose and chooses to let it go because of that , it's a compromise.    

I think that can happen in any situation and to anyone.. and it's not fair to judge the victim for not fighting or standing up. Everyone is different and has their priorities. 

Most well educated people know Salman for what he is; while some diehard fans may over look his behaviour - I think majority of the people who watch - Salman's target audience is.. you know what ðŸ˜†

Those days things were different; had this happened today I think people would have looked at it differently. 

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

I think that can happen in any situation and to anyone.. and it's not fair to judge the victim for not fighting or standing up. Everyone is different and has their priorities. 

Most well educated people know Salman for what he is; while some diehard fans may over look his behaviour - I think majority of the people who watch - Salman's target audience is.. you know what ðŸ˜†

Those days things were different; had this happened today I think people would have looked at it differently. 

I'm not judging people who reach a compromise for whatever reason. In this case,  someone insisted there wasn't any ,and I was saying there was one and a big one and it was being discussed in the context of how Salman most likely threatened her . I wasn't judging her per se, more like saying why I think  didn't take it any further .  

@ bold lol yeah  Well that's tons of people while the ones who are on to him are a minority 

No! 

He wouldn't even be remembered because his acting is that forgettable. 

Now if he is remembered it's just because of Aishwarya and the controversy surrounding. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So yess please don't put the blame of his failed career on anyone else when he himself is a misfit in the profession. 

Originally posted by karuna_kini

No! 

He wouldn't even be remembered because his acting is that forgettable. 

Now if he is remembered it's just because of Aishwarya and the controversy surrounding. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So yess please don't put the blame of his failed career on anyone else when he himself is a misfit in the profession. 

Vivek compared himself to Heath ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

Vivek compared himself to Heath ðŸ˜†

Yeah that's what. His acting is only comparable to Salman's. In Krish 3 he was good but heath? Like really Rofl 🤣🤣🤣

His own bubble cost him his career. 

No. 

Success went to his head. Vivek had a bad attitude and he even fell out with Aditya Chopra.

The affair with Ash did not cause him as much damage as his own ego and over confidence. 

He lacked the talent and charisma to make something out of his career. Even Aamir had fallen out with many big names like Mahesh Bhatt and Yash Chopra but he did manage to give hit films or make his own films, give good performances despite his fall outs with media, award juries, co stars and big directors.

But Vivek simply lacked that level of talent. He blundered by doing that press conference against Salman. And later ranting against Aishwarya too by calling her plastic. He left his fiancee Gurpreet too.

After that he could never catch up despite doing good work in Yuva type films.

His choice of films was not that great either. Nor he had talent to produce his own films the way Aamir produced Lagaan which took his career to another level. 

Vivek is responsible for his own miscalculations, missteps, shooting himself in the foot. His bad attitude, huge ego and loose tongue spoiled his career. Not that affair with Ash. 

He had an obnoxious personality either ways. I dont think people would have tolerated him much longer even if he never got into salman aish controversy 

Hell no, he was just another mediocre nepo product...

He just gets hyped unnecessarily by people who hate Aish/Salman who act like he would have been the next Amitabh Bachchan if it wasn't for one or both of them ruining things for him  ðŸ˜†

In fact I don't even think he actually had any relationship with Aish, like why would she entertain him in the first place? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Edited by Anjalika01 - 2 years ago