Would Vivek Oberoi become a big star without his affair with Ash? - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

But she clearly named him in her open letter to the media? She did go to the cops and obtained a restraining order against him.

That doesn't look like intimidated or threatened to me. It looks courageous and ballsy especially when Salman had the underworld backing him and he was threatening to hurt her family.

I was talking about what happened after called she  cops and told the media. You're right ,it was ballsy. Which is why her silence looked odd to me.  She doesn't seem like the type .   Maybe the underworld thing came into the picture after she lodged a complaint? I mean..what happened to the FIR ? Did he face any consequences? Etc etc. It was clear that she didn't pursue it .  

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

Even if she finds it unpleasant to name him , she could always talk about it in a vague way ;plenty of women do. Like Shilpa Shetty who says Akshay Kumar cheated on her,without naming him.    

Ash hardly ever spoke about Salman even when they were dating. She released that one statement about him abusing her when they broke-up. She's always been pretty private and quiet about her personal life. She never said anything about Vivek either and I doubt she was afraid of Vivek. She's married now and I still don't see her saying much about her husband or marriage. She keeps it to herself. 

Someone like that isn't going to speak about her ex that isn't even in her life anymore. I personally find it so weird that Shilpa and Raveena are so obsessed with their relationships from 20 years ago and still won't stop pointing fingers. 

Originally posted by TrollikaDevi

I was talking about what happened after called she  cops and told the media. You're right ,it was ballsy. Which is why her silence looked odd to me.  She doesn't seem like the type .   Maybe the underworld thing came into the picture after she lodged a complaint? I mean..what happened to the FIR ? Did he face any consequences? Etc etc. It was clear that she didn't pursue it .  

Yes she did obtain a restraining order, which was a win, considering she just wanted to get rid him off her back.

And really? You think she should have pursued it? Salman, who can escape jail despite conviction on charges like killing a human being and an endangered species, would find it difficult to escape a domestic violence charge, especially when even the laws surrounding it are so weak? It would just get her caught up in a never ending media circus, involving courts etc. which would make it super messy.

She wanted to end the drama, which she did as she broke her silence, and move on with her life. She did precisely that.

Originally posted by Lord_Voldemort

Yes she did obtain a restraining order, which was a win, considering she just wanted to get rid him off her back.

And really? You think she should have pursued it? Salman, who can escape jail despite conviction on charges like killing a human being and an endangered species, would find it difficult to escape a domestic violence charge, especially when even the laws surrounding it are so weak? It would just get her caught up in a never ending media circus, involving courts etc. which would make it super messy.

She wanted to end the drama, which she did as she broke her silence, and move on with her life. She did precisely that.

I don't see that as a win.   If a guy beats me up ,leaves me with bruises and calls my parents names, I wouldn't merely want to get him off my back,I would want to make him pay. Whether I can or not is a different matter. It depends on who I am,how influential I am ,and a host of things like that.   I would want to try but whether circumstances permit me or not is a different thing.  And my point was that she ,to me ,seems like the one who would want to try.  I never said she should have pursued it. I said she would have.  Had things been different.  Do you think she'd have let it go if Oberoi had abused her instead of Salman? I doubt it.  

Ofcourse Salman wouldn't have gotten out of it . Just like he did with the black buck thing or the guy on the pavement.  Yes the laws are vague and nothing comes out of it for the most part ,verdict wise. There wouldn't have been any 'justice' .  But that's not the point.  Had she pursued it,there would have been a hearing. He would have had to appear in court. There would have been some press,even if there was an injunction against covering it.   Salman would have been remembered for being a part of this case too along with the other ones.  But it was pretty much swept under the rug.  There's a middleground between being glad to get rid of him and him actually being punished for it.   

Every victim of violence wants to take it as far as possible but most of them choose not to because they don't have the means to get into it.  Rai was privileged. She had money. She had clout.  It was a 'high profile' case as they call it. She had the wherewithal to do it without letting the drama affecting her career. But she couldnt ,because it was him-is what I'm trying to say.  Had it been another actor in his place ,someone who wasn't a thug ,someone who didn't have underworld connections,I feel she' d have pursued it and talked about it in the press.  Underneath that delicate Miss World persona she strikes me as someone who doesn't let go easily.  And imagine having to see your husband being chums with your abuser !  Hardly any 'moving on' there ,considering there's never been any apology or acknowledgement from Salman.  It was a compromise and it was a smart move in many ways. But ...

Originally posted by hotchoco

Ash hardly ever spoke about Salman even when they were dating. She released that one statement about him abusing her when they broke-up. She's always been pretty private and quiet about her personal life. She never said anything about Vivek either and I doubt she was afraid of Vivek. She's married now and I still don't see her saying much about her husband or marriage. She keeps it to herself. 

Someone like that isn't going to speak about her ex that isn't even in her life anymore. I personally find it so weird that Shilpa and Raveena are so obsessed with their relationships from 20 years ago and still won't stop pointing fingers. 

Well yeah she's been a private person. You can keep your privacy and still discuss the issue of abuse in an obtuse way without dragging every little detail into it.  

@ bold. Yeah its  a bit much. 

Vivek was a big star before Ash came into his life. Vivek had a successful debut and he was getting famous after giving back to back hits. From 2002-2003, Vivek was a tough competition to Hrithik Roshan and he was touted as the next Shahrukh Khan. Aishwarya was a flop at that time (her so-called international fame started in 2004). 

Vivek would have been a big star had he not listened to fake Ash. But Ash is clever woman she knows how to manipulate men to get what she wants.

Originally posted by DriftInfinitely

Well, we can't quite blame the relationship altogether, but, yes, the press conference damaged Vivek's career. 

However, I fail to understand why people mock him for speaking out? Salman was bullying and harassing him, and therefore it's bewildering that Vivek has spent years apologizing to Salman for revealing what Salman was doing. The apologizing is what truly makes him looks like an idiot to me, not the initial press conference. 

There is no proof that Salman was bullying and harassing him. Aishwarya did a great job of portraying Salman in a negative light and she even used Vivek for her agenda. Vivek called a press conference because Aishwarya told him to do so and he started uttering rubbish against Salman and his family. The things he said about Salman were so disgusting it makes sense Salman does not want to see his face. No one knows whether Vivek was telling the truth or making stuff up. 

Originally posted by Nonpareil

Relationship with aish helped his career n done good for him .Press conference n speaking truth about bully Salman n Sal virus destroyed his career .

Relationship with bully Ash destroyed his career. Vivek was doing great before virus Ash came into his life to use him. 

Vivek Oberoi big star kab bane? 

but without his affair with Aish, Vivek would definitely do some good movies. Bhai se panga mehnga pada. 

Edited by hasini009 - 2 years ago
Originally posted by MercurialMedusa

Why on earth would a woman be responsible for the follies grown up men make in their professional career?

Because that woman was responsible for instigating and forcing him to call that press conference.