Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: isabel655

How did his relationship with Ash helped him? He himself blamed Ash for his failed career. He even called her plastic on Farah Khan’s talk show. Ash ruins the career of the men that she dated. Salman was going through low please on his career when he was dating her. Then, Vivek’s career was destroyed for her and finally she ruined Abhishek’s career as well. 

Why on earth would a woman be responsible for the follies grown up men make in their professional career?

RockingSunny thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

I don't know but I think vivek oberoi is very immature and stupid. I think he shouldn't have done any press conference instead he should have just filed a case against salman and make sure that he gets punished. But he was busy being an inmature and stupid guy👎🏼. Moral of the story I think vivek and salman both are responsible for this👍🏼

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: w4always

He broke industry protocol - where you don't go to the media and try to solve it amongst yourselves. Now whether it's right or wrong is a different question. But what the industry didn't like was that he aired his dirty laundry in the media. So I think they held it against him. 

But none of this would've been an issue if even one movie of his had worked - Kisna, Home Delivery, or any of the others. Only Omkara sort of worked, but Saif took all the credit.

That can happen in the corporate world too. Not just Bollywood. 

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: w4always

He broke industry protocol - where you don't go to the media and try to solve it amongst yourselves. Now whether it's right or wrong is a different question. But what the industry didn't like was that he aired his dirty laundry in the media. So I think they held it against him. 

But none of this would've been an issue if even one movie of his had worked - Kisna, Home Delivery, or any of the others. Only Omkara sort of worked, but Saif took all the credit.

Saif was out of this world in Omkara

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Not a star .  But his career would have lasted much longer.  He would have remained a part of successful but non-blockbuster films like masti and the like.  And that would have been good enough. He is too 'cute'/ boyish looking to be a star and doesn't have the personality to make up for it either.  On top of it he's very insecure and defensive.  I believe him when it comes to the harassment thing by Salman,although he may have exaggerated a little.  But how is that Aishwarya's fault?  I didn't like how she remained silent instead of standing up for them but then maybe she was worried about her career.  Maybe she had asked Vivek not to get involved at all.  I'm sure Salman did his best to keep him out of the industry but ..he wasn't missing out on any 'stardom'.  A dozen more  reasonably popular movies until the belly and dad bod sets in .  Tops.  Nothing else.  

I don't get why he kept apologising to Salman. That was weird.  

What's seen as Aishwarya's 'dignity'..that she never mentioned it ever again is actually her majboori. She was intimidated and threatened  well and good.  

RockingSunny thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: TrollikaDevi

Not a star .  But his career would have lasted much longer.  He would have remained a part of successful but non-blockbuster films like masti and the like.  And that would have been good enough. He is too 'cute'/ boyish looking to be a star and doesn't have the personality to make up for it either.  On top of it he's very insecure and defensive.  I believe him when it comes to the harassment thing by Salman,although he may have exaggerated a little.  But how is that Aishwarya's fault?  I didn't like how she remained silent instead of standing up for them but then maybe she was worried about her career.  Maybe she had asked Vivek not to get involved at all.  I'm sure Salman did his best to keep him out of the industry but ..he wasn't missing out on any 'stardom'.  A dozen more  reasonably popular movies until the belly and dad bod sets in .  Tops.  Nothing else.  

I don't get why he kept apologising to Salman. That was weird.  

What's seen as Aishwarya's 'dignity'..that she never mentioned it ever again is actually her majboori. She was intimidated and threatened  well and good.  

See aishwarya told him to the everything legally and when salman is punished then he can talk about it with media. But being oversmart and stupid vivek revealed the whole thing in front of media and that's where salman got the chance to destroy his image and career. Basically it's both salman and vivek's fault

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

She was intimidated and threatened by what/who??

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Relationships don't always make or break people. How people handle relationships is what makes or breaks people. Vivek Oberoi's career went downhill after dating Ash, not because of the relationship, but how he conducted himself during it. 

I don't think he was a good boyfriend or did much to stand with Ash against Salman's bullying. Instead, I think he created excessive drama. Pulled too much media to show himself as a hero and savior. He acted unprofessionally and rubbed many people the wrong way. The whole situation could have been handled tactfully. 

That is why despite a very publicized end to a relationship and interpersonal friction, Ash came out more or less unscathed. She kept her fans and maybe even gained some. Industry professionals were still willing to work with her. She did her best to not let herself be defined by her relationship with Salman. 

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

She was intimidated and threatened by what/who??

By Salman.  Who else?  According to her he used to abuse her physically.  He abused her parents too (I'm assuming verbally ) I get how awkward it gets when you talk about your failed relationship with an established star in the industry but something is really off about the way she clammed up about it.  It screams threatened. Even if she finds it unpleasant to name him , she could always talk about it in a vague way ;plenty of women do. Like Shilpa Shetty who says Akshay Kumar cheated on her,without naming him.    

The topic must  have come up when Aishwarya did Provoked but she steered clear of it adamantly.  

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

By Salman.  Who else?  According to her he used to abuse her physically.  He abused her parents too (I'm assuming verbally ) I get how awkward it gets when you talk about your failed relationship with an established star in the industry but something is really off about the way she clammed up about it.  It screams threatened. Even if she finds it unpleasant to name him , she could always talk about it in a vague way ;plenty of women do. Like Shilpa Shetty who says Akshay Kumar cheated on her,without naming him.    

The topic must  have come up when Aishwarya did Provoked but she steered clear of it adamantly.  

But she clearly named him in her open letter to the media? She did go to the cops and obtained a restraining order against him.

That doesn't look like intimidated or threatened to me. It looks courageous and ballsy especially when Salman had the underworld backing him and he was threatening to hurt her family.