Punyashlok Ahilya Bai

Super girl Ahilyabai

prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Am I the only one tired Ahilyabai being the only smart one in a fort of adults!

Are the CVS butchering her character to make it that unreal?

She has to keep saying "accha" "theek hai" and get her way!

Supergirl saves the day everyday...all historic stuff made me impressed when read about it, but this show is just overdoing it...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

LOL, yeh toh kaafi arse se chalra h ...😆glorify ahilya while belittling other characters' characterization...

Sree0796 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Reposting from another topic of mine:

Regular ITV ritual, everything is done by the great female lead.🤦🏻‍♀️ Everyone else are either showpieces, moral booster or sworn enemy of the female lead.

In this show most characters apart from malharrao and ahilya are poorly written. And Malhar and ahilya are made too perferct to be true in real life.

u4tlu thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sree0796

Reposting from another topic of mine:

Regular ITV ritual, everything is done by the great female lead.🤦🏻‍♀️ Everyone else are either showpieces, moral booster or sworn enemy of the female lead.

In this show most characters apart from malharrao and ahilya are poorly written. And Malhar and ahilya are made too perferct to be true in real life.

Actually Ahilyas character is written in such a way that kind of it gets irritating though it is not the fault of the great queen nor the kid who plays the character .  The character on screen comes across as repetitive irritating with a screechy  voice with weird logic  and who finds fault with existing “social situations “ which she dares to go against to show her “selfless” thinking for social welfare. For example the temple foundation where there was underground water exactly where they were laying foundation for the temple. Moral of the story Hindu temples are less important than people’s need for water. So they have to show it up against temple and worship to show her “great thinking” . Then comes the Pooja for cow where the calf is so separated from the mother by none other than the temple priest  for such a length of time to make the calf go hungry which even Mankhoji and his wife do not care about . But our very own friendly neighborhood   super girl dares to go against the priest and promptly gets punished. Moral of the story Hinduism says worship cows by separating them from calf and making calf go hungry. Any amount of Krishna pictures and sculptures depict cow with calf are not taken into account. When giving away cow as  Dhan you give away with calf. But here it is shown that they keep the calf hungry when they worship the cow. Just to show Ahilyas greatness. Another moral of the story is priests are there to give “punishments” to small children. Making Ahilya carry a large pot of water for abhishek for the Hindu deity as punishment. Such is the rule as shown here.

I am not bringing in Renu here it is a long story and a separate topic by itself.

Then the next one is girls not being allowed to worship Lord Shiva. or do abhishek. And Ahilya makes her own Shiva temple. You can write the moral of the story for this one yourself.  See she stands up against “ social evil “ .

Even Ahilyas character is poorly written. Malhars is not so bad. Except he has four concurrent wives but he treats only Gautama as the only “working wife” The rest of them are shown as  coming on their own to talk to him and him being stern with them. They are all his wives and he has to treat them as such shouldn’t he? 

And that weird music like Gandharvas showering flowers whenever Malhar says something great. What kind of music is that? As for Ahilya that la la la music to show she is s “kid”? Come on she is not a baby. 
And the way she goes to irritate Khanderao on the pretext of making friends with him I feel sorry for Khanderao even though that is not the intention of the cvs. They are not doing a great job of showing Ahilya as great either

Edited by u4tlu - 2 years ago
HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Seriously, dude. I was too curious about the actual history, but made the mistake of thinking they'll do some justice to her when I first saw the promos. Alas, this is how they destroy a good show. But this show has gotten boring before it even properly gathered a momentum. 

HeirofSharingan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: u4tlu

Actually Ahilyas character is written in such a way that kind of it gets irritating though it is not the fault of the great queen nor the kid who plays the character .  The character on screen comes across as repetitive irritating with a screechy  voice with weird logic  and who finds fault with existing “social situations “ which she dares to go against to show her “selfless” thinking for social welfare. For example the temple foundation where there was underground water exactly where they were laying foundation for the temple. Moral of the story Hindu temples are less important than people’s need for water. So they have to show it up against temple and worship to show her “great thinking” . Then comes the Pooja for cow where the calf is so separated from the mother by none other than the temple priest  for such a length of time to make the calf go hungry which even Mankhoji and his wife do not care about . But our very own friendly neighborhood   super girl dares to go against the priest and promptly gets punished. Moral of the story Hinduism says worship cows by separating them from calf and making calf go hungry. Any amount of Krishna pictures and sculptures depict cow with calf are not taken into account. When giving away cow as  Dhan you give away with calf. But here it is shown that they keep the calf hungry when they worship the cow. Just to show Ahilyas greatness. Another moral of the story is priests are there to give “punishments” to small children. Making Ahilya carry a large pot of water for abhishek for the Hindu deity as punishment. Such is the rule as shown here.

I am not bringing in Renu here it is a long story and a separate topic by itself.

Then the next one is girls not being allowed to worship Lord Shiva. or do abhishek. And Ahilya makes her own Shiva temple. You can write the moral of the story for this one yourself.  See she stands up against “ social evil “ .

Even Ahilyas character is poorly written. Malhars is not so bad. Except he has four concurrent wives but he treats only Gautama as the only “working wife” The rest of them are shown as  coming on their own to talk to him and him being stern with them. They are all his wives and he has to treat them as such shouldn’t he? 

And that weird music like Gandharvas showering flowers whenever Malhar says something great. What kind of music is that? As for Ahilya that la la la music to show she is s “kid”? Come on she is not a baby. 
And the way she goes to irritate Khanderao on the pretext of making friends with him I feel sorry for Khanderao even though that is not the intention of the cvs. They are not doing a great job of showing Ahilya as great either

I do agree with your analysis. For a long time TV has been showing how Hinduism is all full of social evils and an XYZ character stands up against it and brings the change. Honestly, I haven't seen the episodes you've mentioned but I won't be surprised that they actually happened even though reality was completely different from this distorted version. 

Is Devdutt Patnaik involved in this show? The dude has a history of fcuking with Indian history to run his agenda. 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Metamorphosis

Is Devdutt Patnaik involved in this show? The dude has a history of fcuking with Indian history to run his agenda. 

i wouldnt be surprised...i heard he was part of mere sai which is of dashami creations & the same PH runs this show....though there arent much details about his involvement regarding the show as per news

u4tlu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Metamorphosis

I do agree with your analysis. For a long time TV has been showing how Hinduism is all full of social evils and an XYZ character stands up against it and brings the change. Honestly, I haven't seen the episodes you've mentioned but I won't be surprised that they actually happened even though reality was completely different from this distorted version. 

At bold striken out please avoid these words thank you.

Well they are trying to glorify someone when they show these supposed social evils.  May be social evils happened then. In the life of the main character herself. Her husband married nine more women after her concurrently. They lady was all set to commit sati after her hubby died. She could not prevent her own daughter from committing sati. These are social evils too. And she couldn’t prevent them nor bring law against them. Could she?  The so called social evils as seen on tv are highly made up and distorted. And TV serials make a living out of them. In the same period lots of evil things were happening round the world in so called monotheistic reformed religions. For scientific discoveries scientists were persecuted by predominant religion. Polygamy is still legal in some countries round the world in some other religions. Women did not have right to vote in the last century.  Middle Ages people were burnt at stake in Europe.  Those were social evils too. But nobody in those countries make serials superimposing those evils in another time period to portray main character as messiah. They are not so stupid. But Indian audience   is stupid. That is why they try it here.  

Edited by u4tlu - 2 years ago
u4tlu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myrah_2020

i wouldnt be surprised...i heard he was part of mere sai which is of dashami creations & the same PH runs this show....though there arent much details about his involvement regarding the show as per news

Sai is  full of such “social evils”  super imposed on said period to make him great. Same type is shown here too . 

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: u4tlu

Sai is  full of such “social evils”  super imposed on said period to make him great. Same type is shown here too . 

initially the show started off good but constantly glorifying sai as the core character who solves everything just got irritating ..