failed/bad movies that can be remade into good movies

Posted: 2 years ago

Are there movies you guys watched and felt darn only if this and this was changed it could be a good movie? Or a movie where the director, cast or editing failed an interesting script? 

I know Rishi Kapoor thought White Nights won't ever connect with the Bollywood audience but as a Dostoevsky fan I strongly disagree. I think Saawariya had the right story. It failed in execution. The whole alternate blue universe, 50 year old weird bf Salman khan, Rani Mukherji song items just didn't work in my opinion. The movies needed to be a little less gloomy in the start. I also wish it explored the inner struggles of the characters more like Imtiaz Ali style. 

Baar Baar dekho needed a different cast and one less song. The music in the movie was good but for some reason so distracting. And this was a movie that didn't even need music in my opinion. I think the movie should've had someone like Farhan Akhter or Arjun Rampal. Katrina should be replaced too for her acting but at least she would look better with those guys. The guy part was important role because that one character was like 95% of the movie. Almost every screen was Siddharth. 

Originally posted by Rhimjhimsawan

Are there movies you guys watched and felt darn only if this and this was changed it could be a good movie? Or a movie where the director, cast or editing failed an interesting script? 

I know Rishi Kapoor thought White Nights won't ever connect with the Bollywood audience but as a Dostoevsky fan I strongly disagree. I think Saawariya had the right story. It failed in execution. The whole alternate blue universe, 50 year old weird bf Salman khan, Rani Mukherji song items just didn't work in my opinion. The movies needed to be a little less gloomy in the start. I also wish it explored the inner struggles of the characters more like Imtiaz Ali style. 

Baar Baar dekho needed a different cast and one less song. The music in the movie was good but for some reason so distracting. And this was a movie that didn't even need music in my opinion. I think the movie should've had someone like Farhan Akhter or Arjun Rampal. Katrina should be replaced too for her acting but at least she would look better with those guys. The guy part was important role because that one character was like 95% of the movie. Almost every screen was Siddharth. 

That’s expecting too much from the director. It’s beyond his pay grade...

Aśoka maybe...

But like Gandhi it should be made by non desis maybe... 

But it wouldn’t have an international appeal or audience like Gandhi did

baar baar dekho had an interesting concept but failed because of horrendous actors i dont know why will you cast two non actors in a movie that actually needs actors who can carry the story where acting is required 

same goes for fitoor  great expectation could have  work the film just the write actors you replace aditya katrina with ranbir pc and filmed would have done wonders 

Originally posted by Krishnapanchali

baar baar dekho had an interesting concept but failed because of horrendous actors i dont know why will you cast two non actors in a movie that actually needs actors who can carry the story where acting is required 

same goes for fitoor  great expectation could have  work the film just the write actors you replace aditya katrina with ranbir pc and filmed would have done wonders 

YES!!! Fitoor! How could I forget. Thank you for reminding me. I don't think just Ranbir and PC could've saved the film. Their own film tanked so it's not like they can transform bad things into good. After replacing Katrina, Fitoor needed to decide what it was. It was playing with two different worlds and neither of it made much sense. One part made it seem like a time piece from another continent and then in city part Kat had some weird red hair and they were having college like parties. The movie needed someone like Vishal Bhardwaj who can take literature and adapt it to fit his world seamlessly. He also isn't shy about exploring dark human emotions. He does it with subtlety and so skillfully. 

Fitoor casting with Aditya and Katrina looked dreamy, but their acting + execution of film wasn't so great, too bad

Originally posted by DB_reloaded

Guzarish, Lakhsya, Yaadein

I see a trend here. Do you just want Hrithik's role to be recasted? 😆

Karz was remade into Karzzzz ❤️

7 iconic Bollywood films that are so bad, they're brilliant

Originally posted by DB_reloaded

Guzarish, Lakhsya, Yaadein

Definately not. Lakshya was good film but could have been much for crisper and bit more thrilling.

Guzarish again was made on an unnecessary huge budget. Yaadein I loved sumhow it didnt work.