Auditions and Mega auditions

felixfelilah thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Just wanted to discuss the performances in the auditions ðŸ˜† 

Auditions

The stand-out performances for me were -

• Pratiti - what an introduction. She's so far the best classical dancer I've seen on SD. Her dance with her mom was equally good to watch.
  • Sanchit - this kid got it right from the beginning. Excellent audition. I remember seeing him in last season, and boy, what an improvement!
  • Florina - it was surprising to hear her cute voice for the first time; was even more surprised when she danced so well. I immediately knew she was going to be paired with Tushar lol (Small trivia - she danced on the same song Rupsa did in her auditions!). But the bigger standout was her impromptu battle on 'Pinga'. That was outstanding. I believe it was actually impromptu since this was an audition. 
  • Kosam - his was one of the best auditions tbh - such a soulful performance! I was sure he would be chosen for top 12, at least for the fact that he's from Arunachal. But it was so disappointing when they didn't even show his performance in Mega auditions. Really wish he is called for the wild-card at the very least.
  • Priyanshi - another gem who deserved to have been chosen and would have paired well with Amardeep. I think Amit actually being a student of Amardeep irl, and being a chaar-maheene-ka-chamatkar made the judges favor him over Priyanshi.
  • Anshika - what an audition! I fell in love instantly. Her rendition of Pinga, with the right expressions and swag, was outstanding. I remember thinking she'd do excellent with Tushar, but now I feel Aryan suits her better.
  • Pruthviraj - a gem. He has an amazing sense of rhythm. I knew right away he'd be paired with Subhranil. Also, glad to see somebody from the South. 
  • Laxmi - another kid who did popping and did it extremely well. Same fate as Priyanshi though. There's only two super gurus who does popping/robotics, so I understand not everyone could've been chosen. Nice performance either way.

Mega auditions

For me the best performances in mega were easily by Neerja and Pruthviraj. Both of them danced like professionals. Pratiti and Anshika comes second. Sanchit and Arshiya's acts were also really good. Spriha and Florina's felt repetitive (but again, Florina outdid Vartika and Tushar in the battle!). The girl from the auditions - Laxmi - did extremely well. 

There were a lot of amazing performances, though I think not as much as last season's. All the kids that got picked were pretty much who I thought would be, except for Aneesh. They barely showed his performances at all. As for Soumit, I knew he would be picked for Vaibhav, but there was a kid in the auditions named Ananya who danced on 'Mera Wala Dance'. She's a much better performer than Soumit. There was a 5-year old girl named Shrushti who danced on 'London Thumakda'. She reminded me a lot about Rupsa -  really good for her age, and quite cute. Either way, the only other kids I feel deserved a spot in the top 13 were Kosam and Laxmi. It's almost as if SD favors smaller and cuter kids over talent. Otherwise, quite happy with the choices - all the kids are fabulous