S9MK - an unfinished story

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 2 years ago

I have said it numerous time & I will say it always, S9MK will always gonna be one of the most underrated shows on Indian Television ever. 

Amazing writing, fresh concept, aesthetic  cinematography, accurate character graphs and a fabulous cast - its a full package which as usual itv couldn't value.

When I started watching this show..

I had made up my mind that it might get abrupt ending someday but still it hurts. 

We had an independent, strong FL & a soft, sensitive ML in a unique storyline which I will cherish forever. This show will always remain in my top most favourite.

I will miss Lalla, his Krodhvati & their Keeman Kattu forever.

What a waste of time the leap was. Should’ve just ended it with the birth of the kids. Would’ve saved everyone the hassle. They ruined sarang, alia kavya n others. The new alia was completely unrecognizable. What a waste of everyone’s time.

They shouldn't have done leap. Alia and Sarang's love story had barely even started and they immediately separated them. They went way too fast with them. That's why it's weird when Sarang and Alia talk about their exes like they had been in a long term relationship. The main essence of Alia and Sarang's characters was also lost. Gone was the Alia that was determined and confident in any situation. Gone is Sarang's optimism and kindness. I understand that they have to create some conflict, but I hate when creators throw in drama at the expense of the characters' growth. Hate what they did to Kavya also. She was another strong, independent female character. She was a good friend to Sarang and she was able to put aside her feelings for him when he made it clear that he wasn't interested. She had dreams and a personality outside of being the girl with a crush on Sarang. But in the leap they reduced her to being an unwanted love angle who came across as obsessive and delusional. Rabia was not given a lot of screen time as well, and even when she is there Alia is always tense and we don't get nice friendship moments. Kamleshwari was also butchered, the Alia she had considered as a daughter, she didn't question 6 years earlier how Alia could be heartless? She let her son's relationship be destroyed so easily? Kumkum didn't return her brother and Alia's favor of saving her marriage? There's also Nandini, who had regained her daughter after so many years and she was made sick and sent off, just so Alia can feel more alone. It's so disappointing that they had so many types of strong female characters only to butcher them all for the sake of this leap. I do like Sayuri and Agastya. They are well-casted and really look like they could be Saralia's kids. Sayuri is pretty entertaining. But the kids aren't enough to bolster this show when they made this track at the cost of the rest of the cast. Still, it is disappointing that this is how it's ending. The story is still better than many others on ITV and the cast is talented. The actors and the audience deserved a proper ending. The show is called Story 9 Months Ki and was not able to even complete 9 months on air... Sony did this with the last lock down and canceled a bunch of shows abruptly. It's really disheartening as a viewer, and it feels stupid to get attached to any show when all the channel cares about is the TRP race. 

😭😭😭

I wanted so much from this show and got nothing!! 

Girl you summed up everything nicely!❤️