Anu Malik, Manoj Muntashir take over as Indian Idol 12's judges - Page 2

Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by cutejodikangal

India is suffering, as it is nobody cares for women issues and now toh forget it!

I thought that might be the reason but they did bring him on the show a couple of weeks back as special guest. There was no second wave then (i think, not sure abt the timeline) 

I feel that was the test run. When they realised that not many were upset they brought him back... 

I realllllllly don't understand sony's obsession with him.. There are literally hundreds of other singer/music directors that can host.. Why always him? 

So typical,  channel tries to show its support by ousting him, but when the noise died down they bring him back.  Such dikhava 

He was even called in Dance Deewane as a special guest. Don't know what's so special about him when there are so many better options available.

Originally posted by trouble_006

India and to an extent South Asia's #MeToo movement was just a flash in the pan. This guy had allegations against him by legit female singers and he's back. 

Same with the AIB guys, there were official mail chains etc which disclosed how they had shielded their own and still they are back with even women fawning over them. Similar case with Mallika Dua's father, Varun Grover etc.

I won't be surprised (disgusted sure, but not surprised) if Sajid Khan makes a comeback too with his good-guy buddies Ritesh, Akshay, Farhan etc supporting him. 

Disgusts me when this world talks about 'Making women feel safe'. 

Bold - As opposed to the rest of the world? Is metoo still going on in any other country

It was a flash in the  pan in America too... Maybe bigger pan and bigger splash...

There are several articles online about the death of the metoo. movement, but you don’t have to read them to know that...

There’s not much talk about it in the media for the past 2 yrs... 

Maybe no one left, all the perverts are taken care of, and all woman are super safe now...

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/christine-rosen/new-york-times-joe-biden/

https://theweek.com/articles/969779/how-democrats-killed-metoo

Why is anyone shocked? The year Anu Malik's metoo accusations came up (season 10) he left then the next season he was back as a judge again in season 11 until everyone started complaining. Even then I think it was shown as a voluntary leave. He also returned as a respected guest. Sony of Indian Idol doesn't give a shit about me too

Slowly every predictor will be back. And we will forget #Metoo ever happened 

Originally posted by Rhimjhimsawan

Why is anyone shocked? The year Anu Malik's metoo accusations came up (season 10) he left then the next season he was back as a judge again in season 11 until everyone started complaining. Even then I think it was shown as a voluntary leave. He also returned as a respected guest. Sony of Indian Idol doesn't give a shit about me too

This year's season is pretty much rigged with plenty of OTT drama so its already lost a lot of credibility.

But when Anu was called this year imo he was given the worst treatment. They did not even cover his songs and made it all about Udit Narayan and Sameerji. And as of now he is the only character who must've agreed to go to Daman and appear on the show during the pandemic, esp after such third grade treatment.

Channel's just getting themselves judges instead of waiting for the wave to settle. They already had multiple cases on the set, still they are more into their numbers and not making smart choices.

As for MeToo...after a couple of global kaputs everyone doubts its credibility until there's evidence. We've seen what happened in the Johnny-Amber case, which is why no one believing Angelina's accusations against Brad.

Idk if Anu is guilty or not, but its easy for the channel to say that there's no evidence against him. And again, I am not supporting him, but this situation has happened now.

Originally posted by BettyA1

Bold - As opposed to the rest of the world? Is metoo still going on in any other country

It was a flash in the  pan in America too... Maybe bigger pan and bigger splash...

Yeah, you're right, but it's just that atleast some of the biggies in the West had to face repurcussions. 

All I'm wondering how the kids/adult girls who gonna sing in front of him, have to put a fake smile, fake praise him just because they have to, knowing this moron is a creep.

Edited by piya2025 - 2 years ago