Why we liked Maddy over Saif in Rehna Hain Tere Dil Mein? - Page 5

Posted: 2 years ago

I did not like Maddy when I watched the movie and now they are remaking this movie I really hope they charge the ending. Of people liking Maddy in the movie it was a time where in Bollywood movies being creepy was justified for male hero but if people revisit the movie I am sure they will change their opinion. There is a thing line between creepy  and grey shaded character I don't know Bollywood will understand that.

‘We’ as in me- I much prefer and loved Saif over Maddy even back then. A total sweetheart ❤️

Originally posted by AwaamKiJaan

@bold, but this is still true right? He at least didn't see Reena as a sex object. 

Maddy's character had problems of his own, and lying and hiding his identity to impress her was wrong, but how is it different from what Suri did in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi?

@red, wasn't Rajiv also a gunda with his own gang, picking up fights and getting physical with Maddy and his friends over petty issues?

We also saw 3 Idiots from Maddy's perspective. But there we liked Rancho.

So you think Draco should be punished for being a coward?

Didn't Hermione scar a girl for life? In real world she's equivalent to an acid-attacker. Should she get punished too? 

i am saying that you should not pull "he was kid" card for draco because most of the people who fought the war were kids 

yes he should be punished for helping death eaters 

hermione put certain charms on paper singed by members of dumbeldor s army a group against voldemort and anyone who betrayed them suffered so the girl in question was not so innocent either

its like sacrificing one person to save an entire population from a lunatic 

one person for a village and a village for a country that s how it goes right??

even the spy no matter of which country if one of his colleague gets captured by enemy/betrays their cause would kill the said person dos not makes him killer 

hermione could have handled  the situation better yes but she was certainly not an acid attacker 

Edited by Krishnapanchali - 2 years ago

I absolutely hated Madhavan's Maddy. He was a total brat and a di**head. In contrast, I liked in fact loved Saif's Sam  totally. I was so mad when Diya (Reena) ended up choosing the uncouth Maddy over suave Rajeev.

Likewise, I totally loathed when Anjali chose Rahul over Aman in KKHH as I was heartbroken when Shashi chose to forgive her jerk of a husband (Satish) and go back with him instead of the French guy (Laurent) in English Vinglish.

So much explanation and the movie failed commercially (in Hindi) for the same reasons. Saif at that point in time was going through a transformative phase as an actor. HE was terrific in some movies back to back with DCH being the pinnacle. 

During the movie's pre-release promotions, he was 'hidden' as a surprise package. His image was blurred in the song promo 😆

The bottom-line here is when the movie came out audience liked his character and his urban look. Why would anyone leave him for Maddy was a unanimous opinion and a major reason why the movie failed. He was miscast, especially at that time. 

It didn't come to the finer details, which are discussed now, back then. It wasn't a mainstream issue at all. Maddy' character was par for course back then. It is even 'now', for the masses.  

Originally posted by Krishnapanchali

i am saying that you should not pull "he was kid" card for draco because most of the people who fought the war were kids 

yes he should be punished for helping death eaters 

hermione put certain charms on paper singed by members of dumbeldor s army a group against voldemort and anyone who betrayed them suffered so the girl in question was not so innocent either

its like sacrificing one person to save an entire population from a lunatic 

one person for a village and a village for a country that s how it goes right??

even the spy no matter of which country if one of his colleague gets captured by enemy/betrays their cause would kill the said person dos not makes him killer 

hermione could have handled  the situation better yes but she was certainly not an acid attacker 

Kids shouldn't be fighting in wars in the first place. If they do then the circumstances are really unfortunate or the adults around them are really irresponsible. 

Wizarding world was a small population, so they needed all hands on deck and Harry was anyway the chosen one. But that doesn't mean it's still okay. Harry, Ron, Hermione and other kids fought the war, that's unfortunate, but giving punishment to Draco ain't a compensation for the trauma they experienced.

Hermione's punishment was too much for Marietta. She scarred her face permanently and that does make her equivalent to an acid-attacker. I wonder if she used black magic because that's the only kind of magic which can't be healed. 

Hermione could've told the DA that she charmed the paper signed by them. Marietta had her own reasons for betraying them which were reasonable. She was worried about her mom. She chose her mom (a blood relation) over her schoolmates. 

Any other student including a second or third year could've betrayed the DA in pressure of Umbridge, or after taking the veritaserum.  

Originally posted by WhiteNights.

‘We’ as in me- I much prefer and loved Saif over Maddy even back then. A total sweetheart ❤️

Yep... looks like it's just me on this forum and in general as well. I'm coming to the realization of Geet ki kitni gadhi thi main?