Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Absolutely not standing up for any corrupt politicians here but dear God with the “your politicians are dirty and corrupt”.😆yours aren’t? Name me a single country that has a corruption free government? The developed world is just more sophisticated about it. Giuliani was embroiled in it, Trudeau was accused of it in the SNC-Lavalin affair, Boris Johnson was accused of renovating his flat at taxpayer’s expense and for giving healthcare contracts worth millions to his mates. I haven’t even mentioned Russia, Brazil etc yet. And yes, India and its politicians are undoubtedly corrupt. No denial from me. Just enough with the holier than thou attitude.🙄

Difference is in all those countries you just mentioned, celebs are free to speak about it without reprocussions from the government 😕. No fake raid is about to happen despite how many celebs totally insulted Trump on NATIONAL TV. No celeb is scared their life is in danger because they openly insulted a government policy or party. 

Edited by bollyqueen0 - 2 years ago
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Difference is in all those countries you just mentioned, celebs are free to speak about it without reprocussions from the government 😕. No fake raid is about to happen despite how many celebs totally insulted Trump on NATIONAL TV. No celeb is scared their life is in danger because they openly insulted a government policy or party. 

Here is my another favorite the ‘Namo’ bootlickers have been going around spreading- according to them - even America with just 4% of world’s population has had to suffer through the Pandemic so why point at India- I mean, forget the fact that America’s healthcare system was well equipped to handle the brunt of the Pandemic and didn’t outright fold and crumble like how the Indian Helathcare system is doing now crying out for help from the foreign sources. I mean the fake nationalism that these people spread is what is wrong with India right now.

EDIT: We will only be able to solve the problem when we first acknowledge that there is one in the first place. Who will tell these fake nationalists this?

Edited by cutejodikangal - 2 years ago
bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Here is my another favorite the ‘Namo’ bootlickers have been going around spreading- according to them - even America with just 4% of world’s population has had to suffer through the Pandemic so why point at India- I mean, forget the fact that America’s healthcare system was well equipped to handle the brunt of the Pandemic and didn’t outright fold and crumble like how the Indian Helathcare system is doing now crying out for help from the foreign sources. I mean the fake nationalism that these people spread is what is wrong with India right now.

If people truly loved India the way they claim, they would be devasted by how horrible this situation is and how it's affecting and KILLING the people. Instead, they are prioritizing ego and defending politicians who couldn't care less. 

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rhimjhimsawan

I thought about changing it to "our politician"  because I was sure someone would feel accused, get hurt and feel the need to be defensive but considering I never lived in India it would be a lie. There is no holier than thou attitude here. Sorry it came across that way. I am very pro criticism and don't think if in a topic I am criticizing one country I must mention every other country in the world to make sure no one feels targeted. Can't discuss human rights violations of one country because someone will point out what about countries xyz that murdered 1000 people instead of murdering 500 like us. Well when we talk about those countries we will discuss their atrocities as well. 

If you make a topic on U.S politicians going after American media and celebrities for dissent then I will criticize the same way. 

The point of my post was not whataboutery, but the way your post was written was as if the problem of corrupt leaders only exists in India. I’m not offended at you calling Indian politicians corrupt, in fact I agreed with you. But I’m willing to bet if China starts talking about human rights in Qatar, there will be 100 fingers pointing right back at them. After all, those who live in glass houses....

P.S. Our is a generic term very few would object to. After all, we absolutely need to elect leaders (India and abroad) that we can hold to account.

sev.puri thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Life in danger? Yaar kya dramebaazi hai. Yaha toh people who have committed actual crimes (Sallu bhai) are walking freely. DP spoke up against the govt no? Last I checked there was no raid at her place? (her managers, yes) she’s still considered an A grade actress? Aamir said he feels unsafe in his country but he still makes 300cr movies? Celebs choose to stay apolitical for their own gain. Why alienate your fan base by picking sides? They know ki aaj BJP, kal Congress aur baad mein koi aur.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sev.puri

Life in danger? Yaar kya dramebaazi hai. Yaha toh people who have committed actual crimes (Sallu bhai) are walking freely. DP spoke up against the govt no? Last I checked there was no raid at her place? (her managers, yes) she’s still considered an A grade actress? Aamir said he feels unsafe in his country but he still makes 300cr movies? Celebs choose to stay apolitical for their own gain. Why alienate your fan base by picking sides? They know ki aaj BJP, kal Congress aur baad mein koi aur.

Seriously? No harm done to DP(only her managers?) and Aamir and even SRK? And yeah why is Salman roaming around free? Because he made friends with people in the powers. Your post is so far removed from the truth that I can’t even, that too right in the very thread where an actor is complaining about how BJP has been harassing him with death and rape threats.  

sev.puri thumbnail

Originally posted by: cutejodikangal

Seriously? No harm done to DP(only her managers?) and Aamir and even SRK? And yeah why is Salman roaming around free? Because he made friends with people in the powers. Your post is so far removed from the truth that I can’t even, that too right in the very thread where an actor is complaining about how BJP has been harassing him with death and rape threats.  

Did I miss something? Was DP physically harmed or was it just trolls being trolls? Or is the issue here that poor DP was targeted unfairly for her “maal”? I mean I like DP, but c’mon. Same with Aamir and SRK? Barring probably a boycott by some that probably lasted all of 5 minutes? Whilst it must be incredibly frustrating for this actor to have his number leaked, these trolls exist on both the right and left side of the spectrum who send anonymous death threats so I cut neither of them any slack. I have however accepted it is a part and parcel of being a celebrity in a social media world. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

priya185 thumbnail

sorry to hear about this incident