Kartik Aaryan opts out of Vasan Bala’s Phantom

Posted: 2 years ago

Few weeks ago, Kartik Aaryan had put out a post almost announcing his next project. His post made fans excited as he said he was prepping for something super big. The project happened to be Vasan Bala's next superhero venture.

The sci-fi venture titled Phantom was to be based on the comic superhero character of the same name. While Kartik had verbally agreed to be part of the big budget film, now we hear that he's walked out of that project completely. A source informed Bollywood Hungama, "There were a few things that Kartik didn't agree with. Vasan Bala has his own style of filmmaking and his films are quirky but not commercial. Kartik and he had disagreement in the way they were planning to mount the sci-fi biggie. Kartik was of the opinion that a superhero film, this being his first, had to be made on a huge budget and presented in a more commercial actioner space. But Vasan's idea was to underline it with dark humour and that made it a more niche film."

Eventually, Kartik politely refused the offer due to creative differences and decided to sign something else with the production house. Ronnie Screwvala's RSVP is producing Phantom. "Kartik has now signed the Hansal Mehta directorial that is also being produced by RSVP. It will be his second film with the banner after Dhamaka."

so he has creative issues with others too  😆

This guy is giving me Shahid Kapoor vibes goodlooking, dating starkid, disagreements, etc.

Originally posted by -sim-

This guy is giving me Shahid Kapoor vibes goodlooking, dating starkid, disagreements, etc.

now he will crib that bullywood is not giving him movies 

but Shahid has acting and dancing talent. That’s why he survived so long in the industry. but I don’t think Kartik has any of them.😆

Originally posted by hasini009

but Shahid has acting and dancing talent. That’s why he survived so long in the industry. but I don’t think Kartik has any of them.😆

kartik is male kangoo waiting to explode on twitter once BJP hires him he will blast all and earn money 😆

But Shahid has talent and charisma

So it's not solely a Karan issue... Karthik seems to have grown too big for his shoes. He should have waited to churn out blockbusters before showing such attitude. Who'll want to work with him now ? It's not as if he was super talented...

Did he seriously get oit fo a VASANT BALA MOVIE?😲 That man's vision is next level! What is this guy thinking? Aisa chalta raha toh he'll have to go to Kangana, shut up and take whatever she is giving him. Heck, he'll be lucky if she credits him for HIS acting. Dude should get out of his head, Luv Ranjan aur "defected aurton ke films" hi karta rahega toh iska sacch mein kuch nahi ho sakta.

But I hope BW doesn't outcast him or spread rumours about him like they did with outsiders before him.

Is this the same Vasan Bala who wrote the screenplay for Mard ko dard nahi hota and Raman Raghav? Because then I am glad Karthik is no longer doing that film. Hopefully they hire someone who can act.