Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Was Delhi Belly the best comedy movie of last decade?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

If someone asks me which is the best movie under comedy genre released from 2010 to 2019, it's tough for me pick a choice.

The quality of out-and-out comedy movies went down since last decade. It's not like Bollywood has only made serious movies for last 10 years. There have been some fine comedy movies with great humor. 

Just to name a few, PK, Hindi Medium, Chhichhore, Vicky Donor, Badhaai Ho etc. are all comedy movies, but they are not JUST comedy movies. They are "comedy-drama", with PK, Hindi Medium, Jolly LLB etc. being comic satires. 

So these are good or great movies, but they are not completely dependent on it's humor or jokes to be great in quality. While comedy movies before also had other genres rolled into it, but they were still best known for it's comedy.

Hera Pheri is a cult film because of it's comedy, although it has some really serious moments and it focuses on the daily struggles of a common man too. Those things still don't overshadow the humor and jokes in the movie. 

PK or Hindi Medium are not known just for their comedy. They are more than that. They are thought provoking films. 

If I make a list of some genuine good out-and-out comedy movies which released in last decade, there is Tere Bin Laden, Delhi Belly, Pyaar Ka Punchnama, Khichdi - The Movie.

Like my thread title already said, I think Delhi Belly is the best comedy movie released in last decade. Although I doubt people on this forum would agree with me, because most people here don't like crude humor. 

I agree. Delhi Belly does get brownie points for trying a different type of comedy which was never made in Bollywood before. But even if the humor in the movie is niche, it's still the focal point of the movie, and the movie is considered great mostly because of that. 

All things said, last decade didn't have a universally liked comedy movie like 90s had Andaz Apna Apna or 2000s had Hera Pheri.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonv thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yes true, I agree with you!

I know I might get bashed but Housefull 2010 comes as next good comedy movie for me. Akshay, Deepika, Ritesh, Lara, Boman Irani, Arjun Rampal all were good in their characters and it did evoke many laughing moments for me. Sequels were terrible.

Next one which I quiet liked was Fukrey 1st part.

All others like Golmaal sequels, Dhamaal, etc were average at best. Nothing fulfilling. 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Idk about best comedy but it had the best "Ye Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti" πŸ€£

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: moonv

Yes true, I agree with you!

I know I might get bashed but Housefull 2010 comes as next good comedy movie for me. Akshay, Deepika, Ritesh, Lara, Boman Irani, Arjun Rampal all were good in their characters and it did evoke many laughing moments for me. Sequels were terrible.

Next one which I quiet liked was Fukrey 1st part.

All others like Golmaal sequels, Dhamaal, etc were average at best. Nothing fulfilling. 

I'll say after Delhi Belly, Khichdi (movie based on TV show) was the second best out and out comedy movie. But it was not that good so you might just put PK as second best even though it has other genres rolled in it. 

Fukrey and its sequel are two movies where director focused so much on character development that he forgot about the plot. It's too slow paced that it tests audience patience. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Ashley.Tisdale

Idk about best comedy but it had the best "Ye Shaadi Nahi Ho Sakti" πŸ€£

Iconic moment πŸ˜†

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I LOVE that movie❀️ I wish we got more dark comedies😭

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

absolutely πŸ˜†

how have u been??

Maroonporsche thumbnail

absolutely πŸ˜†

how have u been??

You know im just flowing with mine πŸ˜† The little lion has a routine now. An im reading more to him. Dont fear not anything heavy just ESPN boxscores of various basketball games πŸ˜†

Soon ill start singing 

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Maroonporsche

You know im just flowing with mine πŸ˜† The little lion has a routine now. An im reading more to him. Dont fear not anything heavy just ESPN boxscores of various basketball games πŸ˜†

Soon ill start singing 

we need a cover of whatever song u chose on i-f, give some tough competition to sonu nigam πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Maroonporsche thumbnail

we need a cover of whatever song u chose on i-f, give some tough competition to sonu nigam πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Aaj Kal this is my favorite πŸ˜†

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBlixHMv_GQ