ARSHI FF - HIT WICKET MY HEART 3.0 - Take 44-Pg.51(10.5.22) - Page 7

Posted: 2 years ago

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am with the next update off HW3.0.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โคโค

Word Count โ€“ Medium โ€“ Long Length โ€“ 8.1K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off โ€“ Everything Covid! And I truly hope โ€“ that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™

โ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

Copyright Disclaimer :

Text Copyrightยฉmysticaltales11111โ„ข2020

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

All Rights Reservedยฎ mysticaltales11111

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 10 โ€“ Orchestra

Same Day โ€“ 5th March, 2019

Same Day โ€“ 5th March, 2019

Hyatt Regency, Birmingham

11:00 PM @ The Business Centre on the Club Floor

Arnav's POV

The staff member at the Reception Desk of the business centre on this club floor,shoots me a smile and a nod as he spots me โ€“ "Good Evening Sir. I hope you are having a good day??"

I smile back at him pausing in my tracks by the reception desk with my Tablet clutched all snug in my hand, my eyes reading his name on the name tag up on his coat โ€“ "Good Evening to you too James

I smile back at him pausing in my tracks by the reception desk with my Tablet clutched all snug in my hand, my eyes reading his name on the name tag up on his coat โ€“ "Good Evening to you too James. You just got in for your shift I guess โ€“ which is why I wana say โ€“ I hope you have a good shift."

He shoots me a puzzled smile โ€“ "wait...Sir...you just walked in โ€“ how did you know that I just came in for my shift??"

I grin โ€“ "Because of the way you said โ€“ Good Evening - James. For if you were leaving and were done for the night you'd say โ€“ Having a Good night Sir? Which tells me that your day is far from getting over โ€“ which is why it's still evening for you??"

He smiles โ€“ "well yes to that Sir โ€“ I got the night shift cover at the desk here given that we are open 24*7.."

I smile at him at that โ€“ "alrighty, have a good shift James. I am sure you have been doing the same and will continue to do a great job,"and I pat on my Tablet as I add โ€“ " So...I am rushing in to get some work done...much crowd in there??"

He shakes his head in a No with a warm smile โ€“ "thank you Sir and No there's no one in there nowโ€“ there were about three people who just left about ten minutes ago โ€“ but right now โ€“ it would just be you.."

My Insides Grin. Exactly what I wanted.

I nod at him and am about to make my way in when he asks โ€“ "Sir, can I say something??"

I pause in my tracks and look back at him and nod.

He grins โ€“ "I love cricket. And even though you play for India โ€“ I admire the way you bowl. It was such a great game today, going down to that last wire. Happy that we won though. Sorry for the close loss at your end..."

I smile at that on reflex โ€“ "thank you James. And yes, it was a great game of cricket at the end of the day. We enjoyed ourselves and the experience โ€“ no matter what the result. Also, how about you don't call me Sir? ASR would do..."

He smiles and nods at that โ€“ "alright ASR, let me know if you need anything?"

I smile โ€“ "I will..."

And I make my way in โ€“ giving him another polite nod โ€“ heading straight to the little cabin in the corner which has been, my go-to spot every time โ€“ I'v caught up with Khushi here, whenever we haven't been able to step out in the last ten days.

And I make my way in โ€“ giving him another polite nod โ€“ heading straight to the little cabin in the corner which has been, my go-to spot every time โ€“ I'v caught up with Khushi here, whenever we haven't been able to step out in the last ten days

I close the door shut and walk over to take my seat on the chair and place my tablet on the table

I close the door shut and walk over to take my seat on the chair and place my tablet on the table. I Duck out my phone โ€“ immediately after as I text her biting back my excited grin.

Me : Khushi. I am here. At the exact spot where we'v been catching up.

And I wait for her reply.

Finally.

I am going to get to be with Just Her.

I mean โ€“ yeah, I loved stealing glances at her subtly from across all throughout our time over Dinner given that she was in my line of vision โ€“ over dinner celebration with England's support unit. And even though it was so much Fun given that I caught her stealing glances at me subtly too and we did get into a chat in the middle as well โ€“ I surely just couldn't wait for the time to pass through.

Plus the fact that her Mum wanted them both to finish winding up first, after dinner - given that we all are leaving tomorrow โ€“ did add a lot more to my impatient jitters for it meant that it ended up pushing -Our- catching up bit further down. I did use the time on my hands to finish winding up too though.

I look at phone screen impatiently โ€“ waiting for her to reply. The Insta DM tells me โ€“ that she hasn't seen the text yet. I end up saying out loud pretty much to myself while staring over my phone screen โ€“ "Khushi.Where are you godammit? See the text soon.please?"

And I can't help but chuckle at my very own impatient self too after!

Godammit โ€“ Meee. But I can't help it alright?

This Woman has got me going Nuts for Her.And I like the fact that I am going nuts for Her. I am so freaking into her. Obviously. I cannot even begin to tell you all โ€“ how amazing it's been for me โ€“ to get to know her more closely in the last ten days. Like - there isn't a thing about her that I don't like. The more I am getting to know her โ€“ the more drawn I continue to feel towards her. And the way we get each other is a Bonus โ€“ Jackpot โ€“ obviously. I haven't been to Vegas in a long time but on a personal note, I feel like that's exactly where, I am chilling โ€“ given the way my insides continue to feel as if they've been claiming back to back jackpots at the Slot Machine station.

And โ€“ it's like yeah โ€“ we are great friends; we are getting closer as we spend all this amazing time together. But now I just feel the impatient part of my head be like โ€“ Godammit.I want more.So much more.

Especially after last night.

Damm those freaking bus (again) to halt at its stop the very second, I was seconds away from kissing her. I'v been cursing the wheels of bus in my head over and over for breaking my moment โ€“ obviously.

And call me crazy or dramatic guys โ€“ but seriously โ€“ in that moment as I was leaning in to kiss her โ€“ it was as if I had been cast under a crazy Hypnosis. The only explanation for the sound off Imaginary Violin voices โ€“ I heard in my head? Oh wait. I shouldn't Lie. It wasn't just the Violin. Or the Harp. Or the Cello. It was a Full-Fledged Freaking Orchestra.

Yeah.

You heard me Right.

And that's a First.

Legit.

First.

For Never have I ever โ€“ experienced imaginary Orchestra voices popping in my head โ€“ in full swing and volume โ€“ around a woman ever. Never around Roohi too. Which only relates to one thing โ€“ that I am falling for Khushi super hard and in the emotional magnetic ways that I have never fallen for anyone ever โ€“ and that too this fast. But damm me โ€“ if I don't stay true to what I feel and begin to make that bit off it more obvious. I am so glad she wants to talk about it too. I do wana make my intentions clear โ€“ I want to tell her that I want more. Put the ball in her court to see how she reacts?

I am right on that thought when my phone screen lights up with her message.

Her : Arnav..so sorry just saw your message. Just got chatting up with Mum after we finished winding up. Had put the phone on charge.I'll be there in 20 minutes? given that Mum and me are in the middle of a conversation. See you super soon.

I grin as I read that.

Me : Okay no worries. I am right here โ€“ Khushi. Come soon though.

Her: Soon it Is!

Okay!

Gotta find something to keep my head busy for the next 20 minutes! My eyes fall on my tablet. It's good that I carry it for cover to the Business Centre โ€“ you know so that I fit the bill to be coming across as someone whose absorbed in work โ€“ late at night?

And - I know exactly what I wana do.

A While Later

Arnav's POV Continues

I continue to look up my screen all impressed by the shot I just witnessed as I ring up Ved.He picks up in an instant and I say โ€“ " Ved โ€“ turn on your tab now.."

He asks puzzled โ€“ "now? why??"

I answer โ€“ "because you gotta check out the highlights of Bangladesh tour of Pakistan right now. They just finished playing the first T20 tonight tooโ€“ and Pakistan clinched the win again. What an amazing game! And they also clean sweeped Bangladesh in the ODI series winning it 3 -0! And remember their no 3 position player that we ran into near the Nets before the ICC Champions Trophy final back then? Raahil Khan. He's performed freaking brilliantly again. He's getting better by the day..plus after you catch up on this...check out the updates on NZ vs WI tour too...some amazing performances in their again..."

Ok. Now you all know what is that I'v been upto in all this time waiting for Khushi. Catching up on all the all the highlights of the other ongoing cricket series/games/and their results in all the other countries as of now. It's always good to keep ourselves updated with the gaming performances in our game - all around the world.

Ved answers โ€“ "okay...let's see this then.," and he pauses โ€“ "wait..why don't you come over? We can watch it together?"

I cover up instantly โ€“ "so I am the business centre right now โ€“ because I got to reply to a ton of emails โ€“ Aman and Akash have bombarded my inbox with โ€“ to keep me in the loop. Plus I've just finished watching it all...you carry on..."

Ved chuckles โ€“ " alright..no worries..but why are you in the business center? You could have just done that in your room? Who uses the Business Centre these days? Brother??"

I chuckle to that โ€“ "yeah โ€“ but if I stay put in my room. I'd just sleep given that my bed would be right there. You know how these business emails sometimes tend to bore me after a certain point..."

He insists โ€“ " okay..I get it brother...but I know somethings up with you? okay? Given the increase in your wish of wandering around disguised and alone on late evenings on these last so many days. When will you talk to us about it? the fact that you haven't already is strange this time around.."

I grin to myself โ€“ "okay...yes...something is up. For sure. Let's say โ€“ I will talk about it soon?"

Ved โ€“ " ok brother โ€“ you get back to your business emails and let me watch these highlights..."

We hang up finally and just as I am about to resume the playback on my screen to finish watching the last two minutes of the gaming highlights in between of Pakistan Vs Bangladesh's T20 this evening - I hear Khushi's voice up behind me โ€“ " hey you...Arnav...so sorry...did I keep you waiting much??"

I ditch my screen to turn to look at her instantly and I grin locking my gaze with hers โ€“ " hey

I ditch my screen to turn to look at her instantly and I grin locking my gaze with hers โ€“ " hey...you...finally...."

She grins as she hops up to the chair opposite mine and places her tablet on the table too and she states grinning again as we both end up wheeling our chairs closer towards the other โ€“ "sorry again Arnav. Just got caught up with Mum....she's going to sleep now....I told her I have some work to catch up on and given that I wouldn't want to disturb her with keeping the lights on โ€“ I am heading out to the business centre...plus am so glad it's just us in here though..."

I wink at her happily bending forward to hold onto her wrist on reflex taking her hand in mine โ€“ "Yeah. But I am even more glad because you are finally here..."

She clutches on my hand back as she asks her gaze searching my face earnestlyโ€“ "okay...wait...you seem okay..for sure...you are okay right?? I was kinda worried..for you..on my way here..,"and her forehead lines up in momentary worry.

I look at her puzzled โ€“ "what do you mean?? I am all okay for sure. What would be wrong with me Khushi...??,"and I wink at her โ€“ "but yes โ€“ I like that look of concern for me up your forehead though. Makes me feel good. Oh wait honest correction to that...super good..."

She shoots me a knowing look rolling her eyes playfully โ€“ "oh don't joke for once...please...Arnav...,"and she leans forward and clutches on my hand again and says with so much concern shining on her face โ€“ "I am talking about all that hate and wrath in comments up your official Insta Handle Arnav, especially on that one picture you put up with your team-mates after dinner โ€“ tonight. Those comments like โ€“ oh we lost the test match because of him today and look at him chilling around with that relaxed smile up his face etc.Shameful. I spotted it all on my way here โ€“ plus those other nonsensical memes โ€“ making a mockery of the disappointment on your face after you lost your wicket. I mean - yeah, it was a close game. You were on the crease โ€“ just five runs away from victory.But all the distasteful comments blaming just you for the loss โ€“ is freaking crazy. Downright disgusting. The social media trolling our players experience here after a loss is like not even one percent of what you all do. I mean on one end I also know that could be because no one can beat India and the fans in their passion for cricket but still I can't help but feel so angry over all this digs and jibes people are taking at you behind hidden usernames..so yeah you tell me first...right very now... are you okay?for sure??"

I bite back my grin. Why? Because this bit from her tells me that she truly is beginning to Care for me Immense too โ€“ you know if she's feeling all angry over the usual social media trolls targeted at me(which does not bother me at all) - this time around??

She gapes at me โ€“ "why are you biting back your grin Arnav??"

I chuckle and admit honestlyโ€“ "because I am enjoying the shades of your concern Khushi...obviously. Its making me feel super good...again..."

She narrows her eyes at me again โ€“ "stop chuckling Arnav. You think this is funny? No โ€“ it isn't. I am serious. I am worried...ok? please don't joke about this...I really want to know if you are okay.."

I smile at that as I get up and pull her by the hand and we both walk up to this little two seater sofa up against the wall and I plonk at it and make her sit next to me as I answer honestly โ€“ "Khushi...I am okay? Alright? to be honest โ€“ I don't even read those hateful comments usually. None of us in the team do.I a'int got any hard drive space within my neurons to store any Hate trollers in my head.."

She asks shooting me a concerned look yet again โ€“ "really??for sure??"

I nod and explain โ€“ " yup...really...we'v all become so immune to it over time given the situation in the online trolling world outside and the emotion and passion attached with our game! It's just how the emotion is for our game back at home โ€“ you win one day โ€“ it's all heaps and praises - you lose on the other โ€“ you are bound to get thrashed to the dumps. So it's up to us as to how we handle it right?? I do not let it play with my head at all. Its what everyone in the unit does too. We keep our focus on what's in our control โ€“ which is our hard work, commitment and focus towards our game...nonetheless. Wins and losses keep coming and going Khushi...it's the gaming experience through it all that stays with you forever...."

She sighs at that in part relief as she shoots me a knowing look โ€“ " ahaann....okay...so it means โ€“ that you've already built yourself a cool bridge off counter thoughts in your mind to help adapt to the situation?"

I wink at her- "copy...that..."

She sighs in relief again and gives me that little smile โ€“ "so just checking again... I don't have to worry about this..."

I shake my head in a No โ€“ biting back my grin again โ€“ " Not at all.And to be honest it is my disguised profile that I stay more logged into these days on Instagram anyway right?," I finish with a wink.

She chuckles at that โ€“ " yeah..yeah..."

I grin โ€“ " yeah...really..to be honest โ€“ I didn't even check on my official Insta handle for the last two hours or more โ€“ it's the last thing on my mind right now..."

She smiles at that and eyes my tablet screen in far vision all wedged up on the table on its cover which acts like its stand too โ€“ " I am glad about that plus...actually when I stepped in and saw you engrossed in your tab...I just thought - what if you were in the middle off checking all the hateful stuff out??"

I chuckle at that on reflex and hold her by the hand and walk us up to my screen on table and take my seat on the chair and gesture her to stand up close behind me as I gesture to the screen โ€“ "really? is that what you thought I was doing.. Khushi? Actually, why don't you see for yourself that I wasn't doing any of that at all. Infact, I was just catching up on the gaming highlights of the T20 game in between of Pakistan and Bangladesh from earlier tonight ..."

I hear her say softly now, surprise evident in her tone โ€“ "wait? Is that what you were watching for real??"

I turn back to look at her and I nod โ€“ "yup โ€“ I also like to keep myself updated with the performances in our game all around the world โ€“ Khushi...but given that you are here now โ€“ I'll just watch the last couple minutes of it โ€“ later..,"and as I am about to turn it off โ€“ she says instantly zoning into a deep thought pulling up the other chair a little behind me โ€“ " no..please...it's just a couple of minutes left right? why don't you finish watching it?? ill watch it with you too..."

I ask to reconfirm โ€“ "are you sure??"

She nods and as she gestures me to resume playback โ€“ I finally do and as we both continue to see the batsmen up on screen for Pakistan smash โ€“ 4 Four's back to back to clinch the 16 runs needed in the last over for Pakistan to win โ€“ I end up saying on reflex โ€“ " Khushi.....this one...he's really good you know...his name is Raahil Khan... he bats at No 3 for Pakistan..I was just telling Ved to catch up on his game and performance this tour โ€“ he's been brilliant...I mean even though we mostly play Pakistan in the ICC tournaments โ€“ I'v always enjoyed watching their unit play. They are a strong side โ€“ given that they did beat us in that ICC Champions trophy final...plus... I remember catching up with Raahil with Ved once..before that final โ€“ after Nets...he's nice....super grounded..also know what?even though he is the son of the President of the PCB โ€“ he has no airs about it at all โ€“ in fact he even talked about it to Ved and me โ€“ that he wants to make his own way in the game โ€“ irrespective of his Abbu being the big cricketing name and legend that he is in their country...."and I pause the screen as they show the pictures from the family stand โ€“ " see that's his Abbu..there... cheering for him...look at that happiness on his face...he can't seem to contain it all...,"and I hear Khushi's soft shaken voice ask โ€“ " okay..I get it now..so...that's..his Abbu..then? the president of the PCB??,"and she moves forward to resume playback and I look at her instantly because of the sudden change in her tone and I spot her zoning out deep in thought โ€“ with her eyes glued to the screen and her face all pale.

Why has she paled this way?

I pause on the screen again and twist my wheeled chair to face her as I ask clutching on her hand โ€“ "Khushi?? What's wrong? You okay? You've paled??"

She looks at me now as she states nervously covering up her paled expression โ€“ " sorry...did I???No...I was just stunned by those amazing boundaries...that's all..," and she leans forward and presses the playback again โ€“ " come on...lets watch this last bit of their celebrations too..his Abbu seems to be more stoked...for sure..as if he was the one to hit the winning runs...it could also mean that they enjoy a great relationship as father and child..right??"

I nod at her puzzled and we get on with watching it and a minute later โ€“ once the highlights come to an end , I finally close the tablet and turn to face Khushi.I pull her chair closer up to me as my hand covers hers on its own accord again as I ask โ€“ " did you just flip the switch on me?? remember โ€“ you said - you are not going to do that around me Khushi??"

Khushi smiles at that nervously โ€“ "yes I know I did say that Arnav...and no..please I am not flipping switch alright??,"and it is right then it hits me as I ask โ€“ "wait..wait...I get it...a tender moment of a father celebrating his child probably reminded you off not knowing your....??,"and I pause because I know she will understand the bit I am trying to imply.

She nods at that as she sighs โ€“ " yeah. Kind off...Arnav..,"and I shoot her an apologetic smile pulling her into a side hugโ€“ "I am sorry...I didn't want to sombre up your mood..."

She side hugs me back and shoots me a little smile looking up at me sideways โ€“ " don't worry...am okay. Plus...why are you sorry? It's not like it's your fault," and she asks curiously next settling back into her chair โ€“ " anyway leave that... you tell me this โ€“ for yes I am curious to know what your conversation with this batsmen up on the screen was then โ€“ Raahil Khan right?? I mean given that India Vs Pak gaming rivalry is the hot topic media loves....I am curious to know...is that what it's like off field too??"

I grin at that naturally reliving my memories of cordial interaction with their unit โ€“ "oh no โ€“ not at all โ€“ all this gaming wars/rivalry bit is all that is media hype and pressure only โ€“ and of course it's all very high in momentum in the gaming fans in both our countries given the passion for our game..."

She nods at that asks next inquisitive โ€“ "so tell me โ€“ what's it like off field??"

I answer honestly โ€“ " pretty normal and casual Khushi... like even on field for either sides its just like any other game of cricket and we've always been cordial with one another off field, or when we bump into one another after...it's the spirit of the game that shines through. Sport does that you know? becomes that one bonding factor โ€“ and we all do have that one thing in common โ€“ which is our love for cricket right...,"and she nods at that and I begin to fill her in over that episode where in Ved and me had bumped into Raahil with one of his team-mates โ€“ back in the day.

And once I am done with all of that I end it up with a casual grin โ€“ " so yeah..now you know how cool and calm it is otherwise in reality โ€“ plus like I said... this chap was super friendly..kinda cool...infact Ved and me also asked him to get us - his Abbu's autograph given that...Rehaan Khan's.... one of senior legends from across the cricketing world we are both fans off you know from the olden days. Ved still looks up at his old videos of batting you know? and I do look up at his bowling too โ€“ given that even though he was more of a batsman he did indulge in bowling off-break spin on some occasions which is my bowling style as well. He was a batting all-rounder โ€“ I am a bowling all-rounder but the very fact that he was an all-rounder on the whole for the Pakistan unit back in the day continues to be a commendable feat for in those days to have all-rounders was pretty rare.We only had a very few others in the Asian subcontinent anyway which included a couple of our senior legends/and some of Sri Lankan legends too but that list wasn't long โ€“ so yeah I think its commendable that he was one of them. Raahil is surely is looking out to develop himself on those lines too given that he also plays off-break spin with the ball at times...."

Khushi looks at me inquisitive at that as she asks โ€“ " ahaannn...really? so what did he say when you asked him for his Abbu's autograph? Did he say he'd get it for you??"

I chuckle happily at the memory โ€“ " yes...he did say โ€“ that the next ICC tournament we meet โ€“ he'd keep it handy for us both...he was all like โ€“ ji janab's why not? Abbu would be glad to put his signatures on the pictures of bats and balls for you two.."

Khushi states with a little smile โ€“ " wait...I think I get this โ€“ you surely asked for his autograph on the picture of a ball and Ved probably wanted one on the picture of the bat??"

I nod at that with a grin โ€“ " Bingo.also know what Khushi? We have so many dressing room tales that we'v heard from our senior legends over all the fun times they'v had with the Pakistan unit on tournaments from back in the day..and guess what apart from the love of cricket โ€“ the love of biryanis has always been a common factor too..."

She chuckles at that โ€“ " really??"

I grin โ€“ " of course โ€“ who doesn't love a good old biryani?"

She winks โ€“ " yeah...we both do too..,"and we end up sharing a light high five at that and I ask โ€“ "wana go sit back on the sofa??or okay here? Also you want anything to drink? I could get us that coffee from the vending machine out in the middle...??"

She nods at that and smiles โ€“ "yup โ€“ I'd like that coffee. But how about I get us both that โ€“ today??"

I nod at her and she gets off her seat and shoots me another smile โ€“ " be back in two.."

I wink at her playfully โ€“ "longest two minutes ever..."

She chuckles at that and leaves and I walk upto sit on the sofa comfortably. A couple of minutes later โ€“ I spot her wedging the door open with her side with the cups of take away instant coffee in her hand and I walk up to help her instantly as I say โ€“ " there...give me one..."

She nods and we take our cups and sit ourselves comfortably back on the two-seater sofa โ€“ facing one another and I say taking a sip of my coffeeโ€“ " so guess what? Ved asked me again โ€“ as to what was up with me? you know given my frequent escapades out and alone into the city...over the last ten days..."

Khushi chuckles at that taking a sip of her coffee too โ€“ "ahaaan..and what did you say??"

I admit honestly โ€“ " I told him that yeah โ€“ somethings been up...and that I'd talk to them about it soon. So...I'v been dying too talk to them about you.I just wana know if you are comfortable with it though..."

She pauses on her sip in the middle in surprise as she asks โ€“ " wait...you wana talk to your team-mates and friends about me??"

I reach out to hold her hand lacing my left hand with her free left hand on reflex as I state sincerely locking my gaze with hers โ€“ " ofcourse...I want too โ€“ Khushi...but I wanted to check with you prior because I do care that you do not feel odd about this in your head given your work situation right now...although I assure you โ€“ there's nothing to worry at all. They are all mature and cool. Plus, I wana talk about it to the five of my mates โ€“ I am closest too."

She smiles โ€“ "that would be Raunak, Sameer, Ved, Cap and Daksh.."

I nod at her. I liked the way she remembered details about me at the back of her head.

She nods at me clutching on my our laced hands back โ€“ " yeah okay...you can talk to them about me if you want to Arnav..,"and she admits biting back her smile taking a sip of her coffee โ€“ " also just so you know...Jack and Brian finally know that it's you โ€“ I've been getting to know and have been spending all the time with...all these days...I told Maya and Sarah to fill them in...I got frantic calls from them after dinner though โ€“ you know they are like bros to me, they were just worried and protective.Brian was all like โ€“ what happened to that resolution of staying away from cricketers โ€“ Khushi?? Jack seconded him..."

I grin at that wanting to know moreโ€“ "really? and what did you say to that.."

She chuckles taking a sip of her coffee โ€“ "I just stated the truth.."

I lock my gaze with hers โ€“ " and what's this truth that you stated?"

She groans at me โ€“ " Arnav. You know, what it is..."

I clutch on her hand as I wink at her โ€“ " what if I wana hear it..."

She rolls her eyes at that and says โ€“ " okay...fine...give me two minutes...let me finish my coffee at least..you will get us both talking and it will get cold and then you will crib about it getting cold given that you love it piping hot....."

I nod at her happily and we just continue to dunk down our coffee for the next couple of minutes in a comfortable silence โ€“ while keeping our eyes locked with one anothers. I didn't let go of her hand too. She didn't let go of mine.

Once we are done I take her cup from her hand and place both of ours aside on the table and I shoot her a mischievous wink again โ€“ "okay...now that coffee's done... go on then...tell me...but..wait...give me that hand back again...I like to hold it in mine..while we talk...and you know that..."

She smiles at that as I lace our left hands back together again and she says โ€“ " yeah...I know..."

I ask locking my gaze with hers โ€“ " do you like the feel off it Khushi ? off our hands laced together this way? Before you answer โ€“ know mine. I most certainly do like the feel off it and given that you do not pull your hand away on moments like this but clutch on mine back is a sort of communication back to me โ€“ that you like it too โ€“ but I just wana hear it from you โ€“ nonetheless....so tell me ..do you like it??"

She smiles at that โ€“ " yeah I do...,"and she asks now with a playful wink โ€“ " so ...wana know what I told Brian and Jack?"

I nod happily and she continues โ€“ " okay..so hear it then...I said โ€“ that resolution of staying away from cricketers is all tossed outta the park..for sure..given that you smashed it out with your bat yourself...your bat being the bit about you being so cool and the ways in which we get each other and connect...so yeah..the bottom line is ...I just asked them not to worry..."

I grin as I admit โ€“ " I love the sound of that resolution getting tossed outta the park Khushi.."

She chuckles โ€“ " ofcourse you love it. You were the one to smash it outta the park that way anyway right? I mean โ€“ why just why Arnav??"

I ask, amused โ€“ " why what Khushi??"

She answers with a warm smile โ€“ " just why are you so awesome and cool again? I keep asking the same to you โ€“ I know plus I keep asking myself that over and over too you know...."

I love the Sound of That.

This is the exact window โ€“ I was looking for.

I pull her closer by the hand making her shift in towards me a little and I shift up closer to her too as I ask brushing a loose strand outta her hair back in its place behind her ear, sure that she could sense the sincerity of my gaze as its locked with hers โ€“ "and I keep asking myself over and over that what's this super-power you have โ€“ that continues to amaze me over and over...??"

She asks puzzled but does not pull her gaze away โ€“ " huh??what super-power?"

I admit clutching on our gripped and laced hands together againโ€“ " this super power to clean bowl the stumps in my being โ€“ over and over again...Khushi? And what's crazy is the bit โ€“ I don't mind you knocking my stumps out this way โ€“ I like the fact that you are.I mean on field โ€“ I like to be the one taking wickets. I like to be the one clean-bowling the batsmen on crease. But in here โ€“ in between of us - why does it feel like โ€“ you are the wicket taker โ€“ haan?? why does it feel like โ€“ I don't mind you taking my wicket at all. Infact I just feel like I wana celebrate, you knocking over my stumps this way..."

She clutches on our hands back and asks softly her gaze searching mine โ€“ " you feel that way??"

I nod sincerely โ€“ " tell me if my eyes tell you otherwise. You know I am into you. Don't you? You do know that this isn't about us getting to know each other on accounts of being friends anymore...I mean you surely caught on to that curse I let out under my breathe when the bus screeched to its halt last night. Didn't you??"

She chuckles softly and nods at that but she stays silent with her deep in thought gaze continuing to search and hold mine intently. And I say instantly cupping her right cheek with my right hand โ€“ " Look...Khushi...I want more...okay?I wana be with you...and I am okay if you wana think this through โ€“ for I do not want to rush you in your head at all. But this is just me making my intentions clear. For No โ€“ I do not want to be just friends with you eventually. I do not wana be Friend-Zoned. I want to explore this magnetic connection in between of us โ€“ to see where it takes us โ€“ as Us. I just want you to know that whenever you think you are ready to step into being with someone again โ€“ I'd like to be the first in line. Like โ€“ yeah โ€“ this is me calling shotgun to that spot?? Okay??think of this as a well in advance application? Ok? Just stating it clearly again - the bottom line of this application states that โ€“ I am into you.Immense. I wana be with you. I wana date you. I want more. So Much more.Whenever you are ready..."

She chuckles at that and she asks softly โ€“ " ahaan? really? you wana be the first in line with this application haan??"

I nod sincerely snoozing down the impatient part of my head that wants me to kiss her Bad and Hard, right very now โ€“ " totally...consider my application at your own pace though alright....??"

She chuckles at that and she cups my right cheek with her right hand too โ€“ "ahaan? noted that. And what's the bit the impatient part of your head was trying to say to you right now?? the bit that you just snoozed in your head..."

I grin โ€“ " you figured??"

She grins โ€“ " I did..given that I'v gotten to know you so well too โ€“ Arnav. So tell me what does the impatient part of your head wana say??"

I try to put it across in a different way โ€“ " it wants to say โ€“ even though I mean no rush but feel free to fast track that application โ€“ you know just in case the thought off it seems appealing to your head??"

She chuckles at that and she says โ€“ " okay...point noted...the impatient part of your head wants to know if a fast track stamp is possible??"

I wink at her โ€“ " yeah..totally...and now that we are talking about it โ€“ you tell me - does the sound off fast tracking this application of mine sound appealing to your head..Khushi? I mean is there any scope of a fast-track stamp at all? For all I ...,"and I pause.

She keeps her gaze locked with mine โ€“ "all I what??"

I ask โ€“ " you wana know??

She nods.

I say honestly โ€“ " all I wana do โ€“ is - damm those freaking bus wheels again..,"and my thumbs acts up on its own accord as it begins to brush her lower lip in a slow caress โ€“ " I can't stop thinking about the bit that I was a second away from feeling your lips undermine Khushi...or I am just seconds away from doing that again...for I swear all I wana do is kiss you โ€“ so freaking bad โ€“ right now.Bad.Hard.And Deep..."

There.

I said it.

I also haven't stopped caressing her lower lip. I am not going to for the look in her eyes as she takes it all in โ€“ stumps me over โ€“ for even though she hasn't said it out loud yet โ€“ her eyes are talking back to me.

Also, all that crazy electricity is back to engulf the air in between of us.

She brushes her thumb over my lower lip too caressing mine slowly just like I was caressing hers as she whispers keeping her intent gaze locked with mine - " did you not catch over the curse I let out under my breathe when the bus pulled its wheels to a halt last night too...Arnav??what if โ€“ I say - I feel like โ€“ I want more too โ€“ yeah we are great friends and are getting closer that way too but yeah that's not the status a part of my head is content with โ€“ because hell yeah ever since last night - I can't stop thinking about kissing you too...all I want to do right now is kiss you bad , hard and deep too - godammit you, what have you done to me dammit..Arnav...you'v clean bowled my guarded stumps too and I let you do it. A part of me wants to celebrate you knocking over my stumps too. Hell Yeah...I want more too.. dammit...so much more...,"and with that she laces her hands through my hair like mine were laced with hers and she keeps her forehead on mine and closes her eyes.

Bingo.

The Orchestra โ€“ Returns within the walls of My Head.In full Volume + Swing. Ahaan? So this is how amazing it feels to have the you are into โ€“ be as into you too โ€“ and at the same freaking time?

Freaking Awesome Man.

I lace my hand through her hair tighter as I lean in closer so that our lips were just a couple of inches away from one another โ€“ "really?? can you say that again? please???

And all of a sudden her eyes flash open and I spot so much conflict in them as she states locking her gaze with mine โ€“ " all of what I said is true Arnav...I mean it..you know I do...but...at the same time...as much as...I wana forget about everything and kiss you right now, be kissed by you, jump into being with you..there's something I want to talk to you about first...before we actually get there. And I need some time to prep myself to get this out to you, for yeah basically it's the bit I was dumped over but given that it is such a strong emotional truth of who I am โ€“ I do not want to push talking about it too long. Please know that the only reason I am not sealing my lips overs yours just now is because I just feel soo..,"and she pauses as she says nervously- "what are those words I wana use dammit? see...all this close proximity with you and feeling your breathe over mine has freaking ceased my ability to think straight..."

My Heart Swells and Goes out to her at the same time.I do get where she is coming from. She wants to open up to me with regards to that personal emotional baggage in order to protect herself this time around.And given that Rob was such a jackass about whatever this was โ€“ surely has her worried over my eventual reaction.

I know exactly what I need to do.

I kiss her forehead sincerely โ€“ " a tad bit insecured? Vulnerable?..are those the words you are looking for Khushi????"

She nods and looks into my eyes- " yes..I feel a tad bit insecured and vulnerable okay..but please don't misunderstand me Arnav... this isn't me drawing assumptions about your reaction/ or comparing our situation with my past at all. Please...I do not want you to misunderstand me..."

I affirm her with a nod โ€“ "I am not misunderstanding you โ€“ Khushi..."

She sighs in relief and explains further โ€“ "also I am sure you'v perceived the bit that I have been subtly trying to convey to you in all these days in some way or the other. "

I grin โ€“ " oh you mean those little gestures that you'v been using to convey to me that I am not your Rebound. That you see me for who I am..."

She smiles and nods at that- " yeah. And I want to make it clear once again...that it's you.. Arnav...that I want so much more from and be with...ok??," and she leans forward to kiss my cheek- "but are you okay to give me some time to get myself prepped to talk to you about what I want to...first??"

I kiss her cheek sincerely โ€“ "what does this tell you...Khushi??"

She brushes her hand through the nape of my neck kissing my other cheek again and she says after โ€“ " I don't know.I am not very good with perceptions. You are. Or maybe I can sense it anyway but it's just that I wana hear you say it so that I know in my head โ€“ you'v understood what I wanted to convey and I haven't failed in getting that communication across from my end..."

I cup her face sincerely as I admit caressing her cheeks โ€“ "I am here alright? Take your time. Ok? I don't want to rush you Khushi. But hell yeah โ€“ that does not change the fact that I am super glad that we had this talk for at least we both know we are on the same page..for now..it's good to know where we are currently and where is it that we are probably heading right??"

She nods and smiles- "yeah...talking about the direction honestly is cool...I am so glad we had this talk..Arnav...I am super glad that we are on the same page too....god...I feel so light after finally getting this out to you...like I did want to be clear to you about what I've been feeling for sure. I didn't want to shell up around you with regards to this. For because it's you. It's different. You are different. Everything that I feel because of you โ€“ is Different. And New."

Hell Yeah.

The Orchestra Party in my Head continues. Another couple of Orchestra's just barged in to join in the party at its banquet hall, which just magically expanded in its space.

I wink at her playfully- "love the sound of that..also.. will you please...say it again though?"

She chuckles โ€“ "which bit??"

I grin โ€“ " I'd be pushing my luck if I say - all of it. But for starters โ€“ you can start with telling me I ain't the only one whose dying to kiss you โ€“ again..I mean..just keep telling me that until we actually kiss..please..you know like an incentive that will help me snooze that impatient side of my head..."

She chuckles at that โ€“ "look at you being cheeky again...wana hear it so that you can give me that smug side rakish grin of yours??"

I give her the exact side grinโ€“ " of course..."

She chuckles โ€“ "yeah...okay..I'll say it more often...only because that grins grown on me. I am dying to kiss you too..okay? Bad.Hard and Deep..."

I grin as I caress her cheek with the back of my knuckles โ€“ " also I am keen to know your take on this - now that we've actually talked this bit out loud.Do you also think that this intense electric vibe in between us might just get more voltage to it??"

She smiles nervously - "yeah...I think the same," and she pouts adorably โ€“ " godammit - it's going to be so difficult to resist you.."

I admit grinning - " Copy freaking that. You are freaking irrestible to my eye too anyway..,"and I pause as I state kissing her cheek for now โ€“ "okay..fine....no worries....alrighty..let's do this...let's drive each other nuts..I mean you are already driving me nuts anyway given that I have this constant Full Fledged Orchestra flowing within the walls of my Head since last night..".

She gapes at me amused โ€“ " Wait..what??"

I grin โ€“ " Yup..you heard me right..and it isn't just the violins. Or the Harps or the cello โ€“ it's a full bloody orchestra...ok??"

She breaks into a little laugh at that as she asks- "ahaan... really?? Context please?"

I admit biting back my smile โ€“ " so when I was leaning in to kiss you last night. That was what I felt.Wana try telling me about what did you feel..in that moment Khushi??"

She narrows her eyes at me playfully โ€“ " you do know that I know that this you wana try telling me... is the trick you use towards my mind to get me talking...at times...with regards to things you wana know this very nanosecond..."

I chuckle and wink at her โ€“ " yeah..but there's no harm in trying my luck right? given that it would feel like that personal slot machine Jackpot at Vegas...if it works.."

She chuckles at that and rolls her eyes playfully โ€“ " godammit you..alrighty...I will tell you...in that moment last night..or even just now while your lips were hovering so close to mine - I felt I was hit by four back to back Long Island Iced Teas.Ok? All bottoms up..You are like that Human Version off Long Island Ice Tea -k?"

I grin at her as I get up from my spot in momentary glee and surprise โ€“ "wait... what?? is that what it felt like? Long Island Ice Tea...is your favourite..you'v told me that...so does that mean I am racing to your favourites too????," and she bursts into a happy laugh at that given the play of excited gleeful expressions up my face and whispers in splits โ€“ "how about I answer that later...I can't stop laughing right now?? you make me feel so happy and light when you crack me up this way..Arnav...come here you..sit next to me..first...hold my hand...,"and with that she holds my hand and makes me sit back next to her and I grin โ€“ " yeah...I know...Mom does say I always was inquisitive with regards to the role of a clown whenever we visited the Circus back in the day..." and with that that pauses on her laughter a little as she asks her eye glinting happily- " ahaan really????"

I nod at her grinning as I say โ€“ " really...I could fill you in about that now? or late tomorrow when we go for that walk by the Trent Bridge at Nottingham..if you wana listen to that bit off how I actually did dress up as a clown at a fancy dress competition back in school when I was six...first...I won...by the way..I put up a really funny act that day....," and as our eyes lock again we both exchange a happy lighthearted vibe and break into another round off happy laughter โ€“ together as she just pulls me in for a Happy Hug and I just hold onto her - Snug.

YUP.

GUYS.

Goner Alert.

I just realised there's something more sweeter than those Joyous Tunes of Full Fledged Imaginary Orchestra's in my Head. A sound /tune that my mind/ ears would fancy so much more than the sounds off all the Awesome Orchestra's in the world combined.

Which Sound/Tune??

The precious sound and tune of Khushi's carefree + gleeful โ€“ Laughter.

Ofcourse.

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? Would be eager to know your take and feedback on this update of Orchestra. I hope you all enjoyed reading this for I loved writing it out for sure!!!

Next Update : Tomorrow Night

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks, Guys, for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mysticaltales11111/

Take 9

She wanted to kiss the dude. It might have even happened.

Just a few days and the man has managed to churn up her insides.

Take 10

She is not the only one with churned up insides. He has it too.

She just saw her dad. Has she seen pictures? Did dhe recognize him?

Goner alert for both. The fire is lit from both sides.

I haven't read the 2nd book.. here come 3rd.. 

Congratulations 

Glad talked happen London is my favorite country awesome 

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe - Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am on Monday(a day prior thanschedule)with the next update off HW3.0.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โคโค And guys - yes - originally - as per my update outline - this Update on shades of Voltage had a lot more to it. But then when I finished writing these gaming scenes - I felt like wanting to post is a StandAlone - Gaming Chapter - given that it already came upto 5K words to. I didn't want to mix the Voltages of Gaming and Emotions in one because I want both to stand out in their moments! So yup - today I am going ahead with posting - The Gaming Voltage! Dedicated to my love for the game...hehe...winks..

Word Count - Short- Medium- 5K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off - Everything Covid! And I truly hope - that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™

Will be Eager to know your feedback on the Same!

Thank you so very much guys* Infinity for all your Support to my Work till now! It truly means so much to me!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โœโœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc - since I have not proofread.

Copyright Disclaimer :

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites - who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is - mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 11 - The Gaming Voltage

16 More Days Later

21st March, 2019

Southampton, England

Pre: context into the Test Match Series: With India winning the first match and England winning the second one - both the teams had reached Nottingham on the 6th of March, equally geared up because the scores of the series were levelled. The preparation and training to get set for the 3rd Test started from the very next day in full swing given that both the units only had a couple of days in hand before the game began. The third test was scheduled to be played at the Iconic Trent Bridge Stadium, Nottingham - in between 9th -13 of March and both India and England were looking to edge their way forward and take that substantial lead by winning the - third test match.

However - as the gaming gods would have had it - a specific result of who was going to lead the Test Series by the end of the Third Test Match - wasn't meant to be a clear give way, for the nail-biting competition in between ball and bat that went on for five days in Nottingham - went on to be - a Draw.(A result which is only possible - in the longest format off the game - i.e - Test Cricket. For if the opposition is not able to get the other side completely out in their second innings within the time duration of play by the End of Day 5 - then the match will be declared a Draw. A Draw - is a result - sometimes Skippers of cricketing unit look to play towards in order to avoid a loss/risk losing a series when a win seems too monumental a task to achieve. Because the situation of a Draw is neutral - it basically means - no one won/no one lost.)

The task on Day 5 for India on the 13th of March was a monumental one too. For England had won the toss in the third test match and gone in to bat first and even though the scores were level after the first two innings of both the teams with no team having any advantage over the other - the second innings of England had been an impressive one where in they went onto score a total of 350 runs by the time, they were finally bowled out by the end of the last session on Day 4. They did not declare their innings prior. (Declaration in a test match is a process that allows the team batting first to declare their innings even if they haven't been bowled out completely in case the team feels that they have too many runs in their kitty already and the time of play at hand is running out. Because if the other side does not complete their innings - the match will head to a Draw. Declaration is a strategy used by teams to avoid the situations of a Draw and to drive a conclusive result of the game)

England's decision to not declare their innings prior had left many gaming experts wondering and questioning the decision - but then many also thought that the team's intention was simple.This was their home turf - they wanted to display their batting prowess until the very minute they would be bowled out. For Test Cricket is often all about mindgames, strategies that take off field. England knew anything above 350 as a target was going to seem daunting to chase on the last day of the Test Match but then given India's strong batting line up - they also knew that India would come out on that last day to play the game with the approach of an ODI.However at the same time they also knew - that the pitch surface was that off a Day 5 of test cricket which meant that the pitch would have slowed down in its assistance to the batters - a reason why they felt confident that their ace pacers would be able to bowl out India.

However - India came prepped for that last day of the Test Match with their own counter strategies. The minute the opening batsmen had evaluated how the pitch was playing slow and offering zero assistance - they knew they had to rethink and balance out their decision of playing aggressive. Because playing aggressive shots would put them on the risk of losing wickets. The change in gaming plan was discussed in the first time out. Play aggressive to score as many runs as possible until the loss of 5 wickets and if they still had a target of 150 plus runs up on board by the time only five wickets remained - switch to play defensive. Block the ball - tire the bowlers out - just play slow until the end of the last session of the Day's Play.

And this was the strategy that helped India - reach that situation of a Draw. For they were 200 -5 in the middle of the second session. And they ended the test match with 275 - 5 by the end of the day - as the Indian Skipper along with ASR as his partner on the other end - played the defend and block strategy in a perfect tandem - to deny England their victory.

Even though the Draw of the Third Test match was a Neutral result - it was something that was welcomed and applauded by the Indian gaming experts and fans - because it meant that the chance at the Series win was still alive! If England had won that third match the result would have read 2-1. And even if India went on to win the fourth the result of the series would have been tied. 2-2.

And the above gaming situation also meant that the excitement with regards to the Fourth Test Match was at an all time high again given then it was the Decider of the Series Result.Test Cricket fans from all across England - booked their seats at the Ageas Bowl, Southampton for the final test match which was scheduled to be played in between of 17- 21st March in Southampton in sheer anticipation and excitement.

But once again as the cricketing gaming gods would have had it - the Final Test Match was also meant to go down to the last wire. The final test match in between of England and India - began with India winning the toss and choosing to bat in first. Just like the very first test match - their performance with the bat in the first innings was dominating as they scored - 335 runs. England managed to score 235 runs in their first innings until they were bowled out giving India a lead off 100 runs in the bank. India's second innings saw them scoring another 270 runs and even though before the end of the fourth day's play they had not been bowled out - it was an unanimous decision to declare their innings at 270 runs because they wanted to avoid a draw again. They decided to give England the last hour of the last session on Day 4 to play with too - setting them up to chase the massive target of - 370 runs because of the prior lead added in the total too. India was looking to claim in early wickets in that last hour given that the England's players had - had an otherwise long day in the field - prior. And India managed to succeed in doing just that for by the end of the Day 4's play - England was 40 - 2 (having lost both their openers by the end of day's play and leaving them with the target off a massive 330 runs on the last day with just 8 wickets in hand)

But - the amazing display of batting - expressed by England's middle order + Skipper on the last day of the Test Match - left everybody in the stands in hope for the win too. India had managed to take wickets in regular intervals yes - but not before - a substantial batsmen partnership continued to add more runs on the board for England.

Which brings us back to the present moment in Time - which is 4:50 PM - UK Time - on the 21st March(Day 5 of the fourth Test Match)which means there are ideally just ten minutes left for the day's play (Which the Umpires can extended by an additional 15 minutes margin if they feel a win/loss result is possible) - and England are 361 - 7. They just need 10 runs to win the match/series and India needs to take the last three wickets.

The pressure is High - on both the sides on field as off now plus on the fans most of whom are biting their nails off in gaming anticipation at the stands of the Ageas Bowl, Southampton - hoping for England to win. Some are celebrating England's victory already.They are the favourites at Home Turf - Obviously.

One would say that - the Gaming Odds are in England's favour - too.Just 10 more runs needed for the win with 3 wickets still intact in hand.

But's that's just how it is in Cricket - ladies and gentleman - you know never know how the game swings towards the end.

For - it's never really Over until that last Ball.

On the Field - Ageas Bowl, Cricket Ground - Southampton

On the Field - Ageas Bowl, Cricket Ground - Southampton

Arnav's POV

There are certain moments in my life on field - that I find myself being consumed with immense gaming voltage. As if all the wires within my system were totally consumed in the intense gaming electricity of the moment.

And today - right very now - is one of those moments of-course.

We are in a tricky situation on field. England's still got their three wickets intact Daksh just bowled in the fifth ball of his over and the batters managed to sneak in a single. England need only 8 runs to win and ideally only 7 minutes of play remain too now. But if these players block and defend - it could extend over for a little while given its so close.Daksh has been very good this over under immense pressure. He's only given away 2 runs and the other three have been dots.

Daksh's just gestured me to come in for a talk to him from my fielding position at Mid-Wicket, which is where Cap has me placed in the hope off a leap up - Catch out incase they abtsmen on crease try to aim for a four - over mid-wicket.

Ved's talking to Skip behind the wickets too in a momentary discussion - gesturing to both Daksh and me that he will be coming up to talk to us in a second.

We don't have much time on moments like this in the middle for discussions which is why I begin to walk up alongside Daksh as he is making his run up.

Daksh lets out a worried curse under his breath as he adds - " godammit...If we can't  defend this one brother - Cap's going to get the crap from the entire nation back at home for declaring. They'd be like - if only he declared ten runs later.And ofcourse the fact that we as a bowling unit will get thrashed to the dumps is another story altogether, but that's secondary. I am going to be bummed up myself if we aren't able to defend the massive total off 370 runs..ASR..."

Well- I know what he means. We are all going to be bummed out. As of now - four of us main bowlers - have 2 wickets to our name this innings. I haven't got a wicket today. Claimed both of England's openers yesterday before the end of play. Today the pitch has offered assistance to fast pace if any at all. I haven't been able to pull through the mix of spin + medium pace swing given the surface conditions too.

But now is not the time to think of the Result. Now is the time to tackle the tricky question on hand.

I say now to Daksh - " I know what you mean...Daksh..but no...lets not worry about the result.. lets tackle the tricky question on hand first...and you just don't be disheartened at all - its been a brilliant over - just 2 runs 3 dots you are about to bowl in the last ball of the over..."

Daksh nods seriously the gaming voltage consuming all of him too - " yes which is why I called you over, I am in two minds either go in to aim for a yorker again which gives us a dot/clean bowls him - either go in for a wide yorker just wide enough to be safe and to trick the batsmen to try mishit it? because if it's a dot that doesnt clean bowl- it won't get us a wicket...the swingers aren't just getting me the desired result right now..what do you suggest??we can't send them into the next over with three wickets intact..it's nearing end of play.. almost..."

I nod deep in thought looking back to observe the batsmen on crease. He's the one who is set. His jittery body language tells me he is getting impatient - given that they are just 8 runs away from victory. He wants to finish this off - quick.This is where the art of perception comes in to help me in the games.

I look back at Daksh as I whisper - " wide yorker brother - but just safe enough to not result in a wide - he will look to hit it for sure, he is getting impatient but given that he won't be able to go for a boundary on the wide yorker - we can trap a run out - given that I am sure he is going to call his partner in for a run...he is impatient, there's no chance he won't hit it or not run.."

Daksh smiles a little at that - "thank god for your perception skills brother...okay..wide yorker it is...cover me up? At silly point? I am going to gesture Ved/Skip to station you there from Mid On.."

Right then Ved comes in to join us as he says - " okay Daksh - Skip says - follow your gut and execute whatever your mind tells you too..,"and he pauses - " ASR you are next - Skip is going to give you the next over..."

I nod.

Daksh nods and quickly fills Ved in on the strategy we planned and Ved nods seriously and gestures to Skip from across that he will take my position up on Mid -Wicket and would be sending me upto Silly Point.

Cap nods and we all exchange a determined nod and I adjust my cap up on my head and pace upto Silly Point as Daksh begins to get ready to bowl in.

And as we planned - he bowls in a wide yorker - and as anticipated the batsmen takes a mishit at it nonetheless and calls for a run. I spot the ball beginning to race at a 30 degree angle away from my position at Silly Point which is why I dive in to the side straight to collect it and aim it back at the Stumps, before I lose the balance of my feet and risk it from affecting the aim of my throw.

And just as I see the ball hit the stumps - and the other batsmen is far away from making it across - I can't help but jump up on my feet in Gleee - all pumped Up!

We all go crazy in celebrations - for we all know that's Out even thought the Umpire's checking it again on the screen! And the minute the signal - OUT does come up on scream - we all can't help but celebrate again.

They still need 8 runs to win and we still need to take two wickets.

Yeah as Intense as it gets - as players - moments like these fire us UP.

Skip hands me the ball now as he says - " go up next my boy..ill say the exact message what I passed to Daksh - go with your instinct...back yourself up...don't worry about the runs they need - only think about the two wickets you need...we can do this - we got the ability to pull this off - we just need to back our strengths - it's never over until it's over - okay brother??"

I nod at him - " thanks Skip.."

His faith in us as a bowling unit - in such an intense moment in the middle of the game like this is exactly what keeps us going. He believes in each of us - come what may! Incase we arent able to pull it off he will always be like - "learn from this and aim to pull it off next time..boys..."

I nod at him again and I say - " I am thinking what I wana execute on my way up my run up Cap - I will gesture you if I want field changes from across? K??"

Cap nods and pats my shoulders and begins to walk up to his stand behind the wickets.

I begin to walk my way up the run up and Ved comes next to me and wraps his arms around my shoulder - " I could combust with high gaming voltage that's how freaking charged up I am - I wana tell you the exact bit that Cap said - back your gut..."

I nod at him as I say - " Ved - the pitch is not offering any assistance to my traditional spin - it won't freaking work - ill just get hit for runs instead - given that it's the set batsmen I will be bowling too given the over change...I gotta do something with pace only... plus given the significant change from fast to medium - I think I wana try going in for a cutter - play with flight? He'll read it and will walk out the crease to play his shot early perhaps? either clean bowled or catch out is what I am aiming for? fielding positions gotta be aggressive..if we get this wicket the next batsmen on crease will be fresh...I can look to trap him LBW..."

Ved nods in an instant understanding - " two slips, gully and a mid off + mid on around enough??"

I nod at him - "yeah should be okay given that Skip would want the boundaries + the middle guarded too.."

Ved nods at me and he gestures the field changes to Cap from across and he gets them in place and I say to him looking out - "oh great - Cap's got Raunak in at Gully - he's excellent at that position - Sameer is perfect for the first slip - and you going in to the second slip then??"

Ved nods with a nod and as I watch the rest of everyone in the team take their position - I nod at Ved determined and he takes his position back on field.

And I begin my Run Up - totally consumed with the current of high gaming voltage.

In the Stands

Khushi's POV

I can't keep Calm.

Nope.

I just Can't.

Given the situation up on field and Arnav getting set to bowl in this over. Once again, he is in the middle of a hardcore pressure situation and I am having a hard time putting up a straight pace around my unit.

I sip on some water from my bottle as Mum says now excited with her gaming excitement - " Adams - you are set on 45 - you gotta freaking hit this one - we are 8 runs away..that's all...you can do this..."

Uh - oh.

I kind off feel guilty for not siding with Mum whole-heartedly on this. How can I? Given that - its Arnav up on the other end.

Mum's got the entire medical team up on their feet in anticipation too. Everyone in our admin unit is up on feet too - I am the only one on my seat still and Stace adds now nudging me - " oh come on Khushi...stand up...ASR is running up to bowl...Adam's going to hit this one...,"and she pulls me up taking my hand in hers.

I stand up and as I see the ball leave Arnav's hand and his face being absorbed in the gaming intensity in anticipation - I can't help but hope that he get's Adams Out- instead.

Oh Boy.

Adam does hit the ball but given that we all see it fly straight into the hands off Raunak up at the gully fielding point - everyone yells out in dismay - "Nooooooo....No........freaking....Noooooooooooo...Adam...no......"

Yes.

Yes.

Freaking Yessssssss!

Arnav got Him!

And once again - I am the only one in the stands whose having difficulty controlling my smile.

Oops.

I am supposed to keep a straight disappointed face. I try to pull it off with great difficulty. My Insides are going all Wild in massive celebration like Arnav is going on field right now with the rest of the Indian unit.

Mum adds groaning - " oh - ASR just freaking pulled off that medium paced stunner cutter from his sleeve to deceive him into mistiming it - godammit..."

Everyone around in the support unit groans too - " oh why does it have to be ASR again?? he just freaking pulled off that run out - why cant he be off the field in moments like this?? We mean - just get him off...why does he have to be all where the action is....I mean - remember how he blocked and defended in the previous match along with his Skipper - freaking pulled up that Draw..."

Dawson Sir groans as he adds - " this boy... sneaky clever ASR...is a gamechanger..for India...as much as I hate to admit it - I have to say sometimes I wish he was British - so that we had him in our team instead....look at that happiness on his face - he knows now that both the batsmen up on crease are fresh and our tail enders - immense pressure moment - he knows he's got the momentum shifted..."

I bite back my chuckle with great difficulty and I nod and say keeping up a straight face - " you are right about the latter Sir - given the way the crowds stunned all around...except for the Indian fans going beserk cheering..."

Just like my Insides.I add to myself Silently.

Stacey sighs in dismay - " look at everyones expressions up in our players dug out below - they can't believe it too as Andy is stepping out on ground right now...Adam's cross with himself - given the way he just threw his bat on the chair..."

A minute later - Dawson Sir adds now - " okay - here he bowls in the next ...,"and he groans in disappointment as he adds - " oh no - that's OUT - LBW - he's trapped Andy LBW - he's flush plump up in front of the middle stump...it's over...it's over...no point taking that last review Andy...it's over..."

The Indian unit on the field goes crazy and berserk in celebrations and Arnav's so freaking stoked that he just jumped upon Ved and Daksh together - in complete Glee. He know's its Over. They know they have won it.

Yup. They Have.

The Umpires just confirmed It.

The Majority of the Crowd is Stunned. Except for the Indian's fans who have been jolted up with the Voltage of Victory. Just like my Insides.Again.

Mum sits back on the chair dejected - " just 8 runs...I can't believe we lost this and the test series ...it was so close......I can't believed they pulled off this victory from right under our nose....Dawson you are right...that sneaky clever ASR - he is a gamechanger...indeed..."

Oops.

Guys.

The dejected expression on Mum's face makes me feel guilty for cheering and basking in the voltage of victory.

I put my hand across her shoulder - " oh Mum...it's okay...its okay..look it was an amazing competition in between the bat and ball right?? Isn't this the beauty of the vintage test match format you love?? I mean all the four test matches went down to the last day - last session like how amazing is that for a thrill of sport entertainment for a Test Match.. I mean everyone was on the edge of their seats right? just like they are in T20 and ODI - this was amazing as a clash in the Test Series - nonetheless??"

Mum nods as she pats my hand - " yeah - Hun...you are right about that...anyways..lets get going down to chat up with our players - its going to be difficult for them to swallow this one.."

I nod and we all get up and begin to make our way down as a support group towards our team's player dug out. And even then - a part of my head is secretly wishing that Arnav gets awarded as the player of the series given his amazing performance all through out. He has claimed 28 wickets(highest by any bowler beating our ace pacer whose had 27 wickets to his name) and has even scored 300 runs for his Team along with that epic aggression in fielding too - these Four Match Test Series.

See guys - everyone around me is gulping down shades of disappointment and all I can think off is biting back my smile and be super stoked for Arnav still.

Yup.

That's how deep he's Invaded my being. Don't get me wrong - I am not complaining at all.

I am the one who opened the gates of my Fort to this Charming Invader - after all.

A While Later

On the Field

As the post-match + series ceremony continues.The England/Indian players were on either sides. The presenter's had finished interviewing the England Skipper before going on with the rest of the ceremony.

All the players in the Indian Unit continue with their happy celebrations and they each bite back their happy smiles as they nudge their mate ASR to get on to the podium as his name is called to receive the Player of the Series Award for his excellent performance in all three departments combined + the fact that he was the highest wicket taker + that he just became the first Indian bowler to beat the record of a legendary Indian senior bowler from the past off claiming 27 wickets in a Four Match test Series - by taking one More Wicket- his total wickets being 28!

Arnav exchanges a happy grin with his unit plus his Skipper who had always been his inspiration and hugs him before walking up.

Ved - who was just walking across after collecting his award for being the highest run scorer this test match series - beating England's No 3 batsmen to the award by over a margin of 20 runs - hugs his close friend - Arnav happily on the way back, before joining the rest of the unit.

The presenter gives Arnav a smile as he says - "come up here close for us - will you please ASR?and tell us what's that you'v got sewed up that arm of yours first? Some gold..surely??"

Arnav chuckles at that warmly as he says into the mike - "just the usual flesh, bones and blood like yours Sir - no gold at all...,"and he pats amusingly looks up his right arm and chuckles patting it with his other hand - " yeah...am sure..just checked again - the usual flesh and blood and bones and yes I forgot to mention..some..muscles - too"

The presenter grins - "and that's just you being your jovial self...as always ASR...tell us do those muscles sore at all??"

Arnav chuckles - " oh yes they do - they surely do? Ask my team of physio's - I whine quite significantly when they sore..."

The presenter plus everyone in the Indian unit + support unit bites back their chuckles at that and the presenter adds happily - " lets ask your Skipper for confirmation on that...,"and he looks out at Captain Dev and asks - " Cap - D is he telling us the truth? Does he whine when those muscles sore??"

Cap - D chuckles and nods - " yeah - he does - just like I do when my muscles get all sore from the intense keeping.."

Everyone chuckles happily at that.And the presenter asks Arnav again - "so... let's start with talking about today before we get to that bit about your performance this series...so..just when England thought they had this in control...you knocked off the bails with that run out first and then those back-to-back wickets changing the course off direction off your team straight out of the shackles of defeat towards - victory...tell us how happy are you right now??"

Arnav smiles at that warmly as he adds - "I am elated that I could contribute to my team..,"and with that Arnav continues to give a jovial+ grounded interview how its always been the Team for him above his personal milestones and he also thanked his Skipper, Vice-Captain, for their conviction and trust in his ability under pressure moments and he congratulated all off his team - mates - for their wonderful performances as well - which according to him when all put all together was what lead the Team - to Victory.

And everyone around in the Indian Unit+ Support Unit couldn't help but smile and beam happily at that.

In the Stands - standing alongside the England Support Team unit - Khushi was having a hard time containing her expressions.

After the end of his interview - the Indian Skipper - was called on for his interview as Captain and before everyone in the unit grouped up together in a huddle as they were awarded the Test Series - Trophy and they all continued to hoot and celebrate and bask as a unit in the Voltage of Victory.

After a while - as the celebrations on field subdued a little as the numerous photo sessions came to an end - Arnav felt his mind wander to the one woman who continued to invaded his being deeply and steadily - in the last two weeks. He felt his eyes ache to see Khushi. He knew she was probably basking in happiness for him within and was having a hard time keeping up a straight up face on cover - live in the stands with England's support Unit - during those last minutes of the match.

Yup.

He was sure that all he needed now was to head towards the dressing rooms so that he could steal some glances at her from across.He just needed to get one look at Her even if it was from a far off distance.Why? Because until he didn't - these Victory Celebrations would just continue to just feel- INCOMPLETE.

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? I Hope you all enjoyed reading this update dedicated to the Gaming Thrill. I absolutely loved penning down these gaming moments for this was my first shot trying to imagine what would be going through a bowlers head given these pressure moments + all the chat around bowling strategy given that preciously iv always written from the batters angle in the middle of the games๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ

Next Update : Will try to give one tomorrow - given that I split this otherwise Longer update.

Take 11.1 - The Voltage of Emotions.

The reason why I wanted to post this update as a Stand Alone was also because - I did not want to overshadow the Voltage of the Gaming Thrill with the Voltage of Emotions that is coming up Next.(Hehe..hehe...)

Stay Tuned In Guys! I will see you tomorrow!

Until Then - Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here with the next update of HW3.0. 

Word Count โ€“ Short- Mediumโ€“ 5.8K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off โ€“ Everything Covid! And I truly hope โ€“ that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™

Will be Eager to know your feedback on the Same!

Thank you so very much guys* Infinity for all your Support to my Work till now! It truly means so much to me!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โœโœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

Copyright Disclaimer :

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 11.1 โ€“ The Voltage of Emotions

A Couple of Minutes after the Post Match/Series Presentation Finishes

A Couple of Minutes after the Post Match/Series Presentation Finishes

Khushi's POV

I finish texting Maya, Sarah, Brian and Jack โ€“ discreetly โ€“ assuring them that I will pass on their congratulations to Arnav for the wonderful win. It's been that way in the last two weeks especially โ€“ they keep passing on messages for him through me and he keeps reverting on the same back to them through me. And now it's come to the point โ€“ that not just Maya, Sarah but Brian and Jack are quite keen on meeting Arnav whenever we get back to London. Plus - Do not even ask me โ€“ how excited Arnav is on the same though. He really wants to meet them. Given that โ€“ now his closest friends from the team know about this magnetic concoction brewing in between of us too, and I did catch up with them all briefly in the business lounge after dinner just a couple of days ago โ€“ to just greet them and say hello like informally with Arnav. They are all pretty cool and grounded and mature too. They all understood the situation that we are not dating yet but are heading there plus the situation with regards to my work situation around our unit + Mum โ€“ and promised full co-operation in pretend mode on the front too. The fact that they all do love to take Arnav's case on the same in a fun banter at their end is another story โ€“ altogether.

On a personal note โ€“ it's also a given that Arnav and me have spent the last two weeks getting to know the remainder off everything and anything about each other from how our lives were before we met. Yup. We'v talked about it all. My College Days/High School/School Days + everything I loved doing while growing up + my time with my friends, my grandparents etc. His early gaming days and work towards cricket, his time with his family, all the other work he invests inโ€“ off cricket etc. You get the drill don't you? The bottom line is that โ€“ I think we are in the middle of pursuing a PHD degree on each other given the ways we just love to know every little bit about the other.I'v bloomed into a complete chatterbox around him. For Real. He makes me so happy. Also, to be fair enough โ€“ I think we'v had to use our insane amount of talking to also distract ourselves given the electric intensity of the physical attraction in between of us continues to heighten more and more. Infact โ€“ I kind off feel that all this electric voltage of attraction in between of us โ€“ is just at an all-time High too.

Anyways.

I shall not think about what I feel when he looks at me with that intense gaze of his โ€“ his expressive eyes darkening with passion โ€“ every time we'v almost kissed โ€“ in the last two weeks. Yeah, there have been a hundreds of those occasions. But anyways โ€“ like I said โ€“ now is not the time to think about that. I do not have any water on my hand that could be dunked to calm my flushed insides down โ€“ otherwise.

Ok.Gotta distract myself with the happy thoughts of Arnav in celebration right now.So yeah โ€“ guys โ€“ I think even though the major focal point off me feeling this joyous within for India's victory is Arnav of course โ€“ it would be apt to say that I am just so happy for them all given that all his close friends have only been so warm towards me in the couple of interactions I'v had with them with Arnav by my side.

But Ahh yes. The shades of conflict do return to clutch me every now and then โ€“ given how everyone around in our unit plus players are still in the middle of processing the gaming disappointment. The atmosphere in the dressing room is kind off bummed. Mum + Senior Dawson Sir along with the rest of the Coaches are in there โ€“ talking to all with the aim of lifting their spirits up.

Plus right now - I am out in this common area in between both the dressing rooms huddled up in a conversation with Stace and couple more of my colleagues from the admin unit. I kind of got everyone to lounge around here. Why? Because the Indian unit is in the middle of making their way back in and I just feel so driven by the need to see Arnav.Obviously.

I can already spot him from the glass window making his way up the stairs.And once again โ€“ I am having a super hard time controlling my grin - already. I remind myself with great difficulty that technically I am wearing the England Support team jersey with my denims just like the rest of my admin support team โ€“ and given that they are all around me now, I still got to find a way to put up that straight face.Never mind the bit that my eyes are technically glued to the entrance arch โ€“ Arnav is going to walk in from in a minute.

This man has turned me Insane. Look at all that I am doing to get a glimpse of him?

It is right very then โ€“ they all do step in and Arnav looks up straight to where we all are standing as if he just knew I'd be here. Our eyes lock briefly from across in a super intense eyelock for just a nanosecond before I finally gesture him to look away quickly โ€“ subtly.

He understands and does the same. Everyone around him who knows about us is in the middle of biting back their grins just like Arnav is โ€“ but no one around me is suspecting why โ€“ because they all think its because of their happiness from the Win.

It is right very then โ€“ we spot Mum, Senior Dawson Sir + Our Coaches walk out the Dressing room from this side and they all politely congratulate the Indian team from across for the great game and win this series which Captain Dev, Ved along with the rest of the players and Arnav instantly acknowledge with a warm nod and polite thank you's โ€“ before they all head to their dressing rooms.

Arnav looks back towards us all one more โ€“ casually and our eyes lock again super briefly before I gesture him to look away again and he gives me the look that says. I am going to text you โ€“ keep your phone with you โ€“ before he finally makes his way in with the rest of his unit.

I reach out for my phone in my pocket on reflex keeping it handy in my hand.

Dawson Sir adds now walking upto us, while looking at me โ€“ " Khushi...no matter the result โ€“ I think I want you to do a post to congratulate India for their victory. It's been an amazing clash of first-class cricket. The series has been good for our sport entertainment โ€“ nonetheless...do you think you can get something up quick?"

I nod at him immediately โ€“ "yes Sir, I could do that...I'll get something up and ready in twenty minutes? run it by you first? Then you can tell me when do you want it to go live.."

He nods deep in thought โ€“ " okay โ€“ but come up with something like a doodle graphic merging into reality again?will you? take an hour โ€“ if you need. But the animation/graphic has to be different, fresh, funny yet warm โ€“ alright??"

I nod at him in an instant understanding โ€“ " got it Sir...,"and Mum's beaming at me all happily as she states now to her medical team whose stepped around to join us โ€“ " okay buddies, Adams, Andy, Brad, Smith โ€“ they have each pulled off some spasms here and there โ€“ need to figure out the plan to get them feel sorted as soon as possible โ€“ before we hit the nets for ODI series โ€“ it's a good thing that the first ODI is right very here in Southampton for it saves us travel time โ€“ and gives us these days break in between to chalk out a plan for their muscle recovery...,"and they all exchange a determined nods and Mum falls into a discussion with the Coaches with regards to the same.

I gesture to her that I'd be heading in to the other area with our admin unit and catch her up in a bit. She nods and I make my way with them all. Stace asks Sir about everyone's mood up in the dressing room and Dawson Sir answers โ€“ " getting better. I am sure โ€“ the boys will be okay by the end of the night. Its natural to feel bummed for a while given how close it was. Anyways I think the mixer tonight at the hotel will do us all good..."

So Yup โ€“ guys about that โ€“ usually celebrations have been in tandem with respective teams victory's, right? But at the end of a particular series โ€“ they do have a common mixer for both the units โ€“ at times to just honour the spirit of sportsmanship etc. We have one such event lined up for tonight at 8:00 PM at our Hotel โ€“ which is also like adjacent to this very cricket ground. As in the Hotel both our teams have been putting up at during our stay in Southampton is within the huge attached vicinity of the stadium. It's got views overlooking the cricket ground on one side too.

Dawson sir looks at me again โ€“ "Khushi โ€“ also I think it will be a good idea to get some live video bytes from our team players at the mixer tonight and stream it up on social media's?? we surely got to keep the engagement going ..now even moreso after the loss..."

I nod โ€“ "yes sir...that'll be good. Don't worry about it.I'll have it done.."

He nods at me at that and turns to talk to Stace and a couple of others with regards to some other work and I excuse myself to sit up behind the little desk โ€“ and open up my work tablet. I need to get working on the post design.

It is right very then my phone beeps. I pick it up instantly and head to my DM's as my tablet lights up.

Him : Now that I have seen you, my victory celebrations finally feel complete - Khushi.

I bite back my grin as I read that. I look up to see everyone engrossed in work discussions which means I can afford to smile a little.

Me : ahhan really Arnav? were they not feeling complete until now?

Him : Not at all. I was aching to see you. You know that don't you?

Me : yeah...I do. Guess what? I was aching to see you too alright? which is crazy though because technically I had my eyes on you all day on the ground anyway. On that note โ€“ do you have any idea what a hard time I have been having keeping a straight face all through-out towards the end of the game? and after?

Him : haha...yeahhh I thought so for sure. It must have been hard.But I also know you are happy for me. Conflicted much? I am pushing my luck here to know โ€“ are you happier? Or more conflicted?

Me : Just a tad bit little conflicted because of Mum but given that she is not playing herself out there โ€“ I'd say - More Happy for you Arnav given that you are the one who is actually playing. So Happy for You. Double Congratulations.You read my congartulations message prior right? the ones I left you immediately after your win.

Him : Yes ofcourse - I did.Also to be honest - I was hoping you'd say that you'd be more happy for me.Perhaps โ€“ this is me being selfish much? But I can't really help it when it comes to you.

I grin to myself.

Me : ahaannn....really?

Him : ofcourse. Also know what - I am hoping you'd ask me right very now what was it I was wanting to do the minute I saw you as I steeped in a couple of minutes ago? Something that I couldn't really do. Just had to gulp down my urge to do the same.

Ok just the way he say's this bit makes me ask him the same immediately- which is why he puts it this way.

Me : I am asking...tell me about it...what did you wana do?

Him : I wanted to run over to you โ€“ haul you up in my arms โ€“ twirl you around in insane glee. And I wouldn't have let you go until you'd say โ€“ your head was twirling!

I chuckle.

Me : aahaan...I like the sound of that for sure.

Him : you like? Or super like?

Me : super like..

Him : there's a little bit more. Also fought my urge to pull you in for a deep kiss right very there.Again.How do you like the sound of that? Like..or SuperLike...? You surely gotta chose one of those options โ€“ k?

I bite back my chuckle.

Me : how about if I answer the same when we actually catch up tonight. When it's just Us?

Him : You are going to kill me. How am I going to resist you then? As if I haven't been having a hard time doing the same for the last two weeks?Atleast right now I can resist acting on impulse โ€“ given that we are on text.

The image of feeling his lips hover close to mine dances around my head.

Me : yeah you are right...it would be too difficult to resist you then too โ€“ you know if we talk about it then. Ok ill just say it right now โ€“ I superlike the sound of that for sure.

Him : I was hoping you'd say that. Also freaking Darn to the bit that I am going to have wait for this Mixer to finish until we can be alone. All I freaking want is some time with Just you โ€“ Now.

Me : I know what you mean.

Him : by that you mean โ€“ you also want some alone time with just Me?Now?

I chuckle.

Me : Yeah...Arnav...that's exactly what I mean. Anyways - How's the celebration in the dressing room going? Have you spoken to everyone back at home? I am sure you have calls.

Him : Beserk. Totally beserk. It's crazy. I haven't spoken to everyone back at home yet because Its impossible to talk with all this hooting and cheering in here.I'll call them once we are in the hotel.

I grin.

Me : okay then...you get on with enjoying with everyone. It's your time with the unit. I gotta work up a post..k? Sir wants it ready in an hour.

Him : alrightyyy...but wait..are you going to continue working from here? Why not the hotel?

Me : ill just work from here until everyone packs up and leaves.And then resume work from the Hotel.

Him : okay...ill keep you posted when we leave. Ill lounge around the reception again โ€“ so that I can see you.k?

I smile. A tingly fuzzy feeling takes over my being.

Me : okay...plus...Arnav...

Him : yes..khushi...wana say something?

Me : yeah...I made everyone lounge around the common area so that I could just see you too. The very minute you stepped in.

Him : I was hoping you'd do that โ€“ which is why I looked up the minute I stepped in. I am glad my eyes found exactly what they were looking for.

I smile. It is right then my WhatsApp beeps with a message from Mike. He says he wants to connect.

Me : and I am glad they did...okies...I gotta get back to work. Also Mikes just messaged that he wants to connect. Text you later Arnav.

Him : text me soon Khushi.

Me : I will.

With that I finally get off my DM's and ring up Mike โ€“ next thing. He picks up instantly and first thing out I ask him how his Dad's been doing and everything and then I fill him up on everything work wise given that its what his job I am filling in for anyway. After a couple of minutes of our work chatter he says now all relieved โ€“ " Khushi...I am so glad you filled in for me this tour.Only because its you โ€“ iv freaking had no worry on my mind. Sir is happy. Everything's going smooth.Dad's on his way to speedy recovery. I can never thank you enough for this.Just gotta request you to keep going the way you are for the next fifteen days. Fifteen days โ€“ that's all that's left to India's tour anyway. I'd be back in time by the end off it.Thanks a ton once again..."

But I can't answer him back.

Why?

Because everything inside of me has freezed.

It freezed the second I hear the bit โ€“ Only FiFteen Days Left to India's tour anyway.

Holy Crap.

It's not like I didn't know it at the back of my head. But the fact I have been so happy and consumed in experiencing all these new emotions I have been feeling for/because off Arnav off late that I had totally dumped the thought of him leaving back in the recycle bin of my mind โ€“ all this while. But now that Mike's said it back to me โ€“ its freaking popped up front hitting me like a Thunderbolt in my face with all its heavy -duty voltage.A Voltage that is super high on Emotion. A voltage of emotion โ€“ I have never experienced before.

He's leaving.

He's going to leave.

In โ€“ 15 days โ€“ from now.

He is scheduled to depart for India on the 6th of April.

Holy Freaking Hell.

Mike's voice falls in my ears โ€“ "Khushi...you there??"

I answer now composing myself โ€“ " yeahh...Mike...I heard you...don't worry...I got you covered until you return..."

Mike โ€“ " great...only fifteen more days Khushi...I owe you big time for this..."

I bite back my sigh โ€“ " no worries...at all..k? okay..I gotta get back to work now. Catch up later??"

Mike affirms the same and with that he hangs up.

I get up from my spot instantly as I gesture to Dawson sir across โ€“ "two minutes sir โ€“ ill just get working on that post. I'll be back. Need to freshen up.."

He nods and I head out the room and once I am alone in the corridor outside โ€“ I head to whatsapp to text my girls on the group where in its just Us โ€“ Three.

I need to talk to them.

Me : Girls -I am in trouble. Big trouble.

Maya : what happened - K? Please don't start with saying that.I get so worried.

Sarah : what happened babe? Everything was okay ten minutes ago?

Me : Mike just reminded me that he'd be back the end of India's tour in fifteen days which just hit me like a thunderbolt. Arnav's going to leave in 15 freaking days. I hate the thought of him leaving. I don't want him to leave. Why does he have to leave? Why do I feel as if everything is being pulled out of me at a high speed+ voltage at the thought of him leaving โ€“ leaving me with nothing but a vaccum to feel within.

Maya : uh- oh. Knew it. You are just falling for him deeper and deeper by the day - K.

Sarah : Copy that babe.

Me : I know! I realise that.Obviously.Which is why it would be apt to say again that he's invading my being at the speed of light.As he were Flash from the DC universe. But that's not what I am talking about. I said I am in trouble because now - a part of my head feels like I am going to regret delaying us getting together in the present as in while he is still here. You know what I mean? I mean we know we are into each other - insane. We wana be together. I wana be with him. But at the same time, I am still afraid of talking to him about Dad. Its not like I don't want too. You both know I want to talk to him about it especially after that night two weeks ago but then again...that little fear of him walking away returns to grip me back in its clutches, given that I am feeling something within me โ€“ within my heart โ€“ blossom around him in the ways it never has ever before around any man.And I am so scared of risking that blossomed state. I do not want it to feel Withered. Which is exactly what it will feel if he walks away.Oh for christ's sake โ€“ what do I do????

Sarah : babe โ€“ follow what your heart says ok? just be with him if you wana be. He's been waiting for the signal from your end like a complete gentleman anyway!

Maya : what does your heart/gut say?

Me : my gut says - what if I never get to feel what's it going to feel like to be with him incase he walks away right very now? Look...I just wana be with him. That's all I care about at the moment. I guess? Only because โ€“ it feels like if I don't act on what I want now I might regret it later.Do I want to regret it later? I don't think so.

Sarah : babe โ€“ I don't believe in regrets anyway.Just follow what you want. Talk to him..about the two of you in priority?. He'll get what you mean. Isn't that what's the jackpot in between you two anyway โ€“ the way you get each other?

Maya : yeah..copy that...don't worry โ€“ K. Just talk to him.

Me : okay...ill do the same. Tonight. After the mixer I guess.thank you girls...I feel so much better now letting this out to you.Gotta get back to work for now!

Maya : okiesss K.

Sarah : also babe hear this out โ€“ you better wear that black dress I shoved in your suitcase for the mixer tonight. You look killer in that. I'll kill you โ€“ if you don't. And please use the make up skills I quipped you with too? I know... I know... Arnav sees you for who you are. He doesn't care about how you dress/look - another thing which stokes you about him. But โ€“ nonetheless he's mostly seen you in the England support unit jersey and denims this tour or casuals. Wouldn't harm to dress up a little and stump his senses out for a change.Right?

Maya : Would not harm at all โ€“ for sure.K.

I bite back my chuckle at that on reflex. Trust my girls to distract my mind with their antics.

Me : okiess girls โ€“ ill think about my get up for the mixer after I finish work okay?love you both.

Maya : love you K.

Sarah : love you too babe.

I take a deep breathe and make my way back in to get back to work. I am going to need it to distract myself.Because the hollow vaccum consumed with the thought of Arnav โ€“ leaving soon continues to dance around the back of my head like a black cloud.

Why did it feel like he wasn't going to be leaving alone anyway? He'd be taking a part of me with him โ€“ too.

30 Minutes Later

Khushi's POV Continues

So - everyone in the unit took the team shuttle back to the Hotel's front entrance. It was a short three โ€“ minute ride anyway. But I just didn't get on the team shuttle because I wanted to walk my way through back to the Hotel. It's a seven โ€“ eight-minute walk back anyway โ€“ given the close proximity.

I just needed this walk by myself to get things clearer in my head with regards to everything I have been feeling. Mum was puzzled when I didn't get on the bus though โ€“ I just assured her that I wanted to enjoy the outside walk on the way back instead.

It's almost 6: 15 PM Now. It's good that I got a decent amount of backwork for my post done. Sir wants it up live by 7! = Which also means that I need to get to the room quickly and put it all together. Mums said she might be busy with the Coaches still โ€“ re-evaluating everyone's muscle wear and tear status for she has to suggest the period of a brief rest needed for some โ€“ right?

Phone beeps.

Its Arnav.

Him : The entire England unit just walked into the Reception Khushi. Why don't I see you? you were about to get on the bus right? I mean I saw you given that we were just leaving too. Where are you?

Me : You don't see me because I chose to walk my way back Arnav. I needed to feel the fresh air. I am on my way should be there in three โ€“ four minutes โ€“ I guess.

Him : Everything okay? Khushi?? Your needed to feel fresh air tells me โ€“ you got something on your mind?

Damm him. Freaking Invader.

Me: Arnav..

Him : what is it Khushi??

You are leaving in fifteen days. I don't want you to leave. The thought of you leaving is stabbing me. Butchering me.But do I write this to him right now โ€“ No.Why? That's because I want to say it to his face later tonight.

Me: I want to talk to you about something. Later โ€“ tonight. It's important. I'v just been thinking something that you need to know.

Him : okay...alright. Is this about US??Please say it is...I desperately hope you say yes it is.

Me : Yes...it is..About US.

Him : Alright. Can't freaking wait. Also are you here yet? Come into the Reception โ€“ already? Need to see you dammit.

I smile at that.

Me : reaching in just about 90 seconds.

Him : longest 90 seconds ever..

Me : Arnav...stop...

Him : why โ€“ does that make you wana run into my arms already?

I bite back my chuckle.

Me : maybe...

Him : that makes me wana pull you in my arms already...

Me : coming in now...

With that I put back my phone in my pocket smiling.And it is right then I feel two girls bump into me in a rush and my bag falls off. They apologize immediately and I do the same and they help me pick up my stuff in a rush too and they ask in unison โ€“ " is everything okay? You okay?"

I nod at them with a polite smile checking on my tab quickly for a crack on the screen โ€“ " yeah โ€“ my tabs okay...I am okay too..no worries...we just happened to bump into one another at the same time..."

They are both gorgeous. One of them puts her hand out for a shake โ€“ " hi...I am Tina โ€“ your jersey tells us you were cheering for England this test match..whats your name?"

I admit politely with a smile shaking her hand โ€“ " yeah Tina โ€“ I work in their support unit โ€“ so I'd say that too...I'm Khushi... "

The other one greets me too and grins โ€“ " and I am Myra...and we were in such a rush because I can't wait to go cheer up on my brother for the epic win this evening...my brother is a opener for India...Sameer...this is my best friend Tina..we study here at the University of Southampton...we were supposed to go in for the match but then we had some last minute assignments so we couldn't make it โ€“ which is why we were just running in โ€“ in excitement..so sorry for the bump again..."

Oh. So this is Sameer's sister. He did mention briefly the other day while we were catching up โ€“ that his sister studies here. I do not tell that to her ofcourse โ€“ for now.

I nod at them - " I understand..no worries...it was a good win for India..."

They nod and I gesture them to get in before me.

They do and I step in after. I see Arnav look up immediately too and our eyes lock briefly and I bite back my grin.

So does he.

I see Stace walk up to me from across โ€“ " there you are finally Khushi. Dr.J 's gotten busy in her chat up with Coaches. She asked me to tell that to you again that she'll you up in the room...are you heading up? I will in a bit..."

I nod at her as I look away from Arnav's way briefly. I do spot - Tina and Myra are catching up with Sameer. He was right there with Ved, Raunak, Daksh next to Arnav too.

I nod at Stace โ€“ " yeah. I'll head up Stace..I still got to finish up that post.."

And with that she nods at me and leaves and I turn around to make my way towards the elevator - a grin making its way up my lips on its own accord.

But my grins destined to be short-lived. Why? Because my Insides are scowling at the sight they spot.

Myra- Sameer's sister โ€“ is totally in the middle off side-hugging onto Arnav โ€“ longer than necessary. Yup. It's past the usual five-six second friendly side hug. She's literally clinging onto him trying to make conversation while holding onto him that way.

I don't freaking like the sight of it.

Yeah.I don't. I most surely don't.

What's her problem? She just won't stop side-hugging him that way.

My Insides โ€“ Scowl.Why? Because โ€“ I just realise that I have been hit by a sudden voltage of Envy. Something โ€“ I have never felt before with a man in its focal point- as it's cause. (There were times โ€“ back when I was with Rob in presence around in general/public โ€“ that women have flirted with him casually on the pretext of being his fans. But it would never bother me this way. Infact it wouldn't bother me at all.I was always very cool and chill about it. Given that yeah โ€“ he's a sport celebrity etc. It's bound to happen etc. And now even though the latter is true for Arnav โ€“ I can't help but feel so fumed up with envy. I also do not like the fact that Myra distracted him momentarily โ€“ from the sight of my presence)

I cover up my expressions just in time as Arnav looks up at me from across and shoots me a happy gesture of his eye.

I nod at him acknowledging itโ€“ suddenly feeling very happy with the bit โ€“ that he remembered I was still around - and I just turn around to make my way to the washroom around first. I need to splash my face with some cold water โ€“ I guess?

There's no need for him to spot me feeling like an immature teenager consumed in silly envy. I mean he's only been so cordial and respectful with Rob's situation.There's no need for me to come across as territorial and silly just because he is chatting up with his team-mates/close friends โ€“ sister.

I enter the washroom and begin to wash my face.

Relax Khushi. Relax. Time to school myself. What is wrong with me? Oh maybe I am just going crazy in my head โ€“ because of these freaking intense jolts of different shades of numerous emotions which is why I can't think straight. Perhaps? I 'v just been feeling so vulnerable by the thought of him leaving. Yeah. That's why my head is acting up this way.

I wipe my face and head to the stall to freshen up taking deep breathes. I just need to focus on my work and then focus on keeping calm until after the mixer tonight. I am right on that thought when my phone beeps.

Its Arnav.

Wait. Freshning up can wait. I need to text him first โ€“ given the potential presence of Myra around him. I am still in the stall though. I lean against the door and open up my DM.

Him : Khushi โ€“ so these two girls that you just saw are Myra and Tina. Myra is Sameer's sister.She studies here. Remember he talked about it in front off you. Ok โ€“ Sameer just wants us all to chill at the lounge here at the reception for a bit given that these two want some coffee and stuff. So yup I am right here. Kinda waiting to steal another glance at you when you make your way up the elevator.

I smile at that on reflex. Theres no need to feel envy โ€“ Khushi. I remind myself that. He has his eyes on You.

Me : yeahh...I remember...also funny thing โ€“ I bumped into them on my way in. They were in a rush. I was in a rush. We got talking a little. She mentioned the same โ€“ seeing me dressed in Englands cheer squad.

Him : okay..but... Wait โ€“ are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Because of the rushed bump?

I bite back my grin.

Me : I am okay Arnav. See you out in a minute.

Him : Waiting.

I get on with freshening up now quickly. And it is right then I hear a happy cheerful voice from the outside that says โ€“ " oh my god โ€“ Tina. I am so excited that Bhai wants us to go that mixer. I mean โ€“ finally after so long I am going to get some time around ASR. You know I'v been crushing on him since forever but I just never had the guts to act on it prior. But he's single now. And also super sweet and charming as always. I think โ€“ I wana spend a lot of time hovering around him tonight which also means that we need to get back to the accommodation quick after this coffee โ€“ so that I can change and get ready and stuff...I wana leave a different impression...you know???"

WHAT THE??????????

What did she say she wants to do? Spend all evening around Arnav? Freaking Hell. Leave a different impression.As if? Puff. That is So not happening Babe.

I hear Tina answer โ€“ " yeah yeah....for sure...I know you wana leave an impression that will make him see you more than his friends little sister โ€“ I guess??"

Myra chuckles โ€“ " exactly my point..."

Yup.

I'v lost it.

My insides are fuming + scowling all together in crazy fluctuations of emotional voltage like never before. Just look at her audacity - just because My Arnav's super sweet, friendly, grounded and charming โ€“ look at her wanting to get all coy around him taking the advantage of the bit that she is Sameer's sister.

Wait.

Wait.

Did I just say that out loud in my head?

My Arnav.

Holy Hell.

Godaamit these emotions.They are consuming me.All of Me. So that's the trick they use? Open your door to them once with open arms โ€“and they hold the potential to flood in out of nowhere and bombard you with heavy duty voltage making you feel stuff that you'v never felt before?

Yeah โ€“ maybe that's just how they Roll.

Totally.

That's what they do.I can vouch for it โ€“ given what I am feeling right now or prior? Anywaysโ€“ I will deal with that later.

For now - I should just focus my head back to the couple of immediate tasks at hand.

Tsk. Tsk.

Hard Luck Myra. I'v already got my application filed into Arnav's mind. Plus too bad for you โ€“ I'v also just realised that I just don't have it in me to back off from countering the situation you are planning tonight given that its โ€“ Arnav โ€“ in context here.

Yup.

Sorry Guys.

I Gotta go for Now. See you in a Bit? Need to Rush.These couple of tasks need my immediate attention.

Oh just in case you are wondering. What are those couple of tasks at hand?

First one โ€“ being that I really need to finish up that work first with regards to that post I need to have up live by 7 pm. And second being the bit โ€“ that I gotta Steam Iron my Black Dress โ€“ before beginning to get ready for the Mixer โ€“ Tonight! Ofcourse.

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? Did you all enjoy reading the Voltage of Emotions from Khushi's POV? Now you all know why I split these Gaming/Emotional Voltage updates into two right? totally wanted each to stand out on their own!(Winks)

Next Update: Monday Night Mostly

Take 12 โ€“ Short Circuit.

I'll see you soon guys.

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi