Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

With Khushi taking up the assignment, she will have to face Rob. Is she up for it?

coderlady thumbnail

And they have another bridge date. What did Rob want to talk about?

meniranjana00 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

It's amazing.. Read all in one go... Amazingly written.. 

I loved it simply loved it... 

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am with the next update off HW3.0.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โคโค

Word Count -Long in Length โ€“ 10.7 K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป(And yup โ€“ its all A&K โ€“ 90 percent of the scenes throughout)

โ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

Copyright Disclaimer :

Text Copyrightยฉmysticaltales11111โ„ข2020

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

All Rights Reservedยฎ mysticaltales11111

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 8 โ€“ Bridge-D

Same Day โ€“ 25th Feb, 2019

Wednesday Night โ€“ 8:45 PM

Near the London Bridge

Near the London Bridge

Arnav's POV

So.Obviously.

I am already at our decided meeting point near the London Bridge intersection, which is a couple of minutes-walk away from the London Bridge underground Tube Station.

I am sure you all had no doubts in your mind that I'd be here earlier waiting up for Khushi to arrive. I mean it's a given understanding that I'd been eyeing the time on the clock for the last couple of hours just waiting for it to pass.(Also โ€“ Khushi and me haven't been able to text much even after her phone was fully charged up given that all she texted me after was โ€“ that was extremely caught up with the development at her end and will only be able to get free around the time she meets me!So yeah now you know what's added more to my shades of impatient anticipation. So Yup.Given the result of which Here I am at the meeting point โ€“ being true to my impatient self โ€“ fifteen minutes prior.)

I adjust my Cap+ Mask (My go to disguise) โ€“ all snug in its place as I pause in my tracks and stand still for a bit โ€“ to just observe in the buzy buzz in the air around. Just like all the major metro's all around the world โ€“ London always seems to be on Wheels too given how everyone's always so occupied and busy+ in a rush โ€“ to get to their given destinations in time. It's fun to look at the scene โ€“ from the outside at times โ€“ you know?

I am right on that thought when my phone beeps in my hand.

It's a DM from Khushi.I head to our Instagram DM window from my other profile.

Her : Arnav..I am running on time. Should be there by 9:00PM for sure.K? Just wanted to run that by you.

I grin to myself as I read that.

I reply quickly.

Me: Alrighty Khushi. No worries.I am waiting.

Her : wait what? waiting? Are you there already?

Me : Yup. Just reached.

Her : oh shoot. I hate to keep you waiting this way.

Me : oh come on Khushi. It isn't your fault that I am here prior.Wana know why am I here prior though?

Her : ahaan...I wana know if you wana tell me about it.

Me : ofcourse I wana tell you about it..why do you think I brought it up?

Her : go on then..tell me...

Me : So... I was just getting impatient in all this anticipation over what's this development you'v been caught up in all evening.Plus I can't wait to see you โ€“ given that I couldn't in the last four days and we leave for Birmingham tomorrow.

Her : ahaaan?? I get it now Arnav. Ok listen I am about to get on the tube โ€“ signal might crash! K? ill see you soon.

Me : okies...come soon.

Her : ill be there..as soon as possible for sure!

I grin as I read that and it is also right then that my phone buzzes with a Video Call from our family group on Whtsapp.So we couldn't connect earlier as planned because Mom and Dad were just so caught up at their end at the hospital late evening + some emergency surgeries came up on either of their ends. I did connect briefly with Di + Akash though. Mom and Dad did say they would connect from Home later in the night. But it's really late in India right now. Almost past 1:00 am in the night.

I adjust my ear-pods in my ears now as I swipe up the call leaning against this lamppost by this intersection and the minute I spot โ€“ Akash/Mom/Dad in one frame all huddled up in Dads Study to retire for the night + Di with Jiju in their room at their home(all set to retire for the night too) โ€“ I say on reflex โ€“ " okay...everyone..you should all be sleeping right now? given that's its way past 1:00AM...,"and I pause as I add to Mom and Dad and Di โ€“ " and especially you three doctorsโ€“ Mom, Dad, Diโ€“ you are going to wake up at 5 am anyway given your usual morning surgery schedule...right?"

Mom and Dad exchange happy grins and Mom answer's โ€“ "and we will sleep beta...in just five minutes...but do you think either of us could have got some sleep before we got on this collective call with you to congratulate you on the wonderful performance in the match today?"

Dad chips in with a happy grin โ€“ " exactly son...as it is it's such a bummer that the two of us are often not able to tune into your matches lives...given its timings of the day/our medical schedules...anyway...guess..what? we just finished watching the highlights...and you have left us stumped...so proud of you beta and super happy for you for that maiden hat-trick over โ€“ towards the end..."

Jiju adds happily โ€“ "I just knew that you were going to get that hat-trick today for sure Arnav...I just had that feeling..I could sense it off the screen...watching it live.."

Di winks at him amused โ€“ " yeah...yeah...you surely could..."

Jiju adds with a wink โ€“ " tell me if I am wrong Anjali. I always sense his hat-tricks right...don't I?? my past record totally says so.."

We all share a happy chuckle and I nod โ€“ " Jiju...yeah...I agree with you on that..."

Mom adds with a loving smile after โ€“ " either ways...so I told you all didn't I??โ€“ give this son of mine wickets for breakfast, lunch and dinner and he shall never be hungry again..,"and she touches Akash's arm lovingly and adds โ€“ " and give this son of mine โ€“ his business documents โ€“ he shall never be hungry too..and give my daughter there her surgical tools โ€“ the same shall apply for her too"

I bite back a happy chuckle as I exchange a happy nod with Akash and Di.

Dad gapes at Mom mischievously as he adds โ€“ " excuse me? Dr. Raizada? What do you mean โ€“ mine? My?They are our kids.Our..I have some decent contribution in there..don't I? plus I take immense pride in being a hands on father โ€“ always was...always will be..."

He's right about that. He always was. No matter how busy he was with his medical duties just like Mom. They both have been equal partners in parenting the three of us. Always.

Mom nods and grins โ€“ "apologies Dr.Raizada for that. I mean no offence โ€“ it was just a slip of tongue. Our..Kids..Our.."

We all share another happy chuckle.

Jiju adds now with a happy wink two seconds after โ€“ " Anjali...and I think we could say the same for Mom, Dad too right?give them their surgical tools for meals..they shall never be hungry again..."

We all agree with a happy nod and I add โ€“ " ofcourse jiju...given that they never eat their meals in the hospital on time anyway..,"and I smile โ€“ " I love that you all called this way even though I do feel guilty that you are all still up for the same โ€“ given the hectic days at either of your ends..."

Jiju winks at me playfully โ€“ " oh come on brother โ€“ you know..I don't sleep before 2:00 am anyway.."

Akash adds with a wink โ€“ "I was just on the phone with Payal..anyway..mere bhai...don't you worry about it..."( So even though Akash and me our twins โ€“ I am older to him by just one minute.Which is why Akash โ€“ lovingly addresses me as mere bhai at times. Also Payal is his steady girlfriend.They'v been dating for the last two years. She's an Accounts professor at the Hindu College, Delhi University)

I nod happily and as we all continue with our casual chatter for about five more minutes(about each of our days at our respective ends).I continue to feel all happy, warm and fuzzy in my heart. I can never thank god enough for blessing me with my wonderful family.

Mom asks now narrowing her eyes to look up closer in my surroundings โ€“ " Arnav..your mask and cap disguise anyway tells us that you are out and about in the city right now โ€“ but where exactly are you??"

I chuckle as I admit โ€“ " so..yeah..Mom...I am near the London bridge..right now..."

Di gets on with her teasing tone โ€“ " ahaan? really? and are you there because you are probably waiting to meet Khushi right now?? given that you are leaving for Birmingham tomorrow??"

(So remember where I said - I am super close to my family. Ofcourse they know the general highlights of the bit that I met Khushi in the ways I did. And that she's caught my interest โ€“ in the ways that no one ever has.)

I wink happily โ€“ " yeah....Di...you got that right..."

Mom adds excited โ€“ "okay...seriously...Arnav...you need to share a picture of her at the least with us...I mean โ€“ you finally feel like you'v met someone who interests you immense โ€“ after being single for two long years...this is huge..son..."

Jiju winks โ€“ " yes... I second Mom on that.."

Dad winks โ€“ " yes son I second it too..we already have clear faces to attach to the love of both of yours siblings life...ofcourse we wana see a picture of this girl โ€“ that you feel so drawn towards...after all this while...finally..."

I add with a casual wink โ€“ "well yes Dad..Mom...I get where you are coming from. And maybe I will share a picture soon โ€“ given how things progress in between of us....k?? just keep wishing me luck nonetheless โ€“ I really wana see it through with her though...you know make all this initial effort for sure just to see where this is heading....where it takes us?? I mean right now things are just on the bit โ€“ wherein we are both getting to know each other more on the account of being friends but we both also know โ€“ this isn't just about being friends on the other hand too. She totally knows she's caught my interest. And I think I 'v caught hers too...thank god for that,"I add with a happy wink. Even though the initial odds were not in my favour โ€“ I add to myself silently.

Mom and Dad nod in an instant understanding and Di adds lovingly โ€“ "ahann...we get it...brother...and ofcourse you'v caught her interest too โ€“ my brother's amazing...both my brother's are..."

Akash winks playfully and we both thank Di for that and then Akash addsโ€“ " mere bhai...send me a picture at least? I am your twin..I should get special peek-abo's right??"

I chuckle โ€“ "well that is a fair point...,"and I add next โ€“ "also thanks brother for stepping into those board meetings on behalf of me today..again...I wouldn't know how'd I'd ever be able to manage my business/financial investments without you.."

Mom and Dad grin โ€“ "just like we wouldn't know how to manage the Hospitals without him..."

Akash gives us all a look โ€“ " please...my dear family...can we not channelise formality...ever? it's not our thing...it does not suit us..."

Jiju winks and adds โ€“ " Akash is right... it surely doesn't suit us all...so why try??"

We all share a happy laugh at that and our happy chatter continues for a couple of more minutes.

Oh wait.

Guys.

I think I spot Khushi in far vision.

I say now instantly โ€“ "okay everyone....I need to rush not. For I think I see Khushi...okay?? Goodnight everyone..."

And we all fall into quick byes โ€“ with Mom/Dad/Akash/Di/Jiju beginning to pull my leg again โ€“ until I finally give them a mischievous gaping look and finally hang up and I shove back my phone into my pockets โ€“ biting back my chuckle at the sight across of me.

What sight?

The sight of Khushi pacing up/running towards me โ€“ adjusting her bag on her shoulders along the way โ€“ with the gesture of that hand that says.I'v spotted you Arnav. I am coming right over to you.

The minute she reaches upto me โ€“ she pauses in her tracks and keeps her hands on her waist and states in a rush โ€“ " hey you

The minute she reaches upto me โ€“ she pauses in her tracks and keeps her hands on her waist and states in a rush โ€“ " hey you...finally...oh my god โ€“ I literally ran up all the way here the minute I got off the tube Arnav...."

I wink at her playfully โ€“ " ahaan? and why is that? I mean why did you break into a run the minute you got off the tube Khushi??"

She grins and shoots me an amused look โ€“ "because you were waiting right? as in โ€“ remember where I mentioned I was hating the bit wherein I kept you waiting??"

I chuckle โ€“ "and remember the bit wherein I mentioned โ€“ it wasn't your fault that I came here prior??"

She chuckles and nods and steps back momentarily and points her finger at me in an Ok sign โ€“ "once again...full marks on that MaskCap disguise...you do know that's what helped me recognise you from across anyway..."

I wink at her โ€“ "ofcourse...I know that Khushi...given that I am the only freakshow dressed in the same around..."

She chuckles happily โ€“ "okay...for the record...once again...you keep saying that. I don't. Also...I told you โ€“ a zillion times over already that you do not come across as a freakshow alright?"

I chuckle leaning against this lamppost and hand her my bottle of waterโ€“ "wana sip?? Given that you ran all the way up here??"

She nods happily and takes the bottles and gulps down two sips after which she closes the cap on the bottle in a rush and she asks shooting me another gorgeous grin โ€“ "ok...so before we get on with that walk and all the talking I have to fill you up on...I do need to admit โ€“ that I am starving...like I am super hungry. Please tell me you haven't eaten dinner? I know this amazing take away place..nearby...It's a Wok outlet..and given that we both enjoy Asian cuisines...I reckon you'd like it too..."

I nod at her happily โ€“ " yeah..we could do that for sure...I haven't eaten too...because we had that little late snack at the little celebration at the hotel...after the match...,"and she gestures me to begin walking aside her and I do and she says โ€“ " so they totally have that chicken teriyaki satay that you love Arnav...and its super yumm...I know you might just go in for the dose of protein...but I am totally binging on my chicken+ rice in black bean sauce...it's my favourite off that eatery...so I was thinking...after we get our take aways..let's walk it to this view point from where we can see the tower bridge which given my hunch won't be crowded at this point in time...so that you can eat in peace without being worried about being spotted...it's just a fifteen minute walk from here anyway...and this eatery is like at the middle point too...so....does that sound cool to you??"

I nod happily โ€“ "that sounds supercool Khushi...also...hey...I do like black bean too..remember? I am totally taking a bite of yours..."

Khushi chuckles โ€“ " yeah..of course Arnav...plus..I know you will only take a couple of bites โ€“ givem you eat measured portions of carbs...only..."

And just like that as I nod at that happily โ€“ we fall into a casual happy chatter about our similar tastes in food โ€“ again.

Yeah.

I was loving this โ€“ already!

Just Why do I have to leave for Birmingham tomorrow?

45 Minutes Later - 9:45PM

At this Bench โ€“ at the View Point Near the Tower Bridge

(PLEASE IMagine a Night Setting Off this Spot given that these pics are off late evening)

(PLEASE IMagine a Night Setting Off this Spot given that these pics are off late evening)

Khushi's POV

The fact that I also like how I feel around him when we are together in real time โ€“ continues to grow on me Immense at a really fast paced speed. Almost as if he were in that F1 Racing car, racing his way around the neuron laps and lanes of my mind.

This vibe in between of us makes me feel super light and comfortable โ€“ with the power to just effortlessly restore me to my natural self-mode. And given the fact that I did feel myself cheering up on reflex by just the sound of his voice around me โ€“ at the Eatery โ€“ now makes me wonder if just his presence around can make me forget all about my momentary worries?

Only fair that I give in a context to this bit I just mentioned. So, we were all lined up at the Eatery to place our orders and it was during this line up bit that I spotted this adorable sight off a young couple with their little girl โ€“ all lounged up around the little stools in the eatery beginning to eat because the daughter was super hungry and she couldn't wait to eat. The mother placed the little girl on her partners lap lovingly and the Dad began to take turns to feed his little girl along with the mother(first) โ€“ all the while โ€“ playing and talking to her!

Just the sight of them was super adorable to my eye or to everyone's eye around us but because these tender moments always have that power to remind me of the bit of never knowing my Dad โ€“ it just naturally makes me feel heavy in the heart for a shortwhile.

Anyway so today โ€“ I just clicked a picture of the happy moment in between of them โ€“ subtly, so that I could Doodle it out on my sketch book in my free time and pour out my personal angst about the same yet again โ€“ before Arnav chipped in from behind - holding his hands up to the sides casually reminding me that because it was my chosen spot โ€“ it was I who had to order/decide the dish for him. That obviously got us into a little casual chatter(making me forget all about the moment that had felt heavy in the heart momentarily) โ€“ until I finally took a guess at what more could he like with that Chicken Teriyaki Satay and decided his final order for him.

I am glad I was right though. For we'v both enjoyed our respective meal thoroughly sitting on this bench by this viewpoint around the Tower Bridge โ€“ talking. On genral casual stuff. There was a conversation about - About how the celebrations went at the Hotel after โ€“ how he was catching up with his family before he spotted me and then after we just continued to talk about everything food + what we enjoyed to indulge in for Drinks both Mocktails/Cocktails/ or General Alcohol โ€“ when were in the mood for it.

I am right in the middle of that thought as Arnav's happy voice falls in my ears โ€“ " okay...Khushi ...seriously...that was yumm.How about we decide this? Next time we are together in real time โ€“ you are totally going to decide what we both eat..."

I chuckle at that as I say โ€“ "very funny Arnav...just because I got it right this time doesn't mean I will get it right all the time."

He winks at me playfully โ€“ "and what if you do get it right all the time?? Saves me the trouble of looking through the Menu's...okay seriously that's always been a tedious bit..."

I chuckle at that as I say โ€“ "alrighty...maybe for the one next time โ€“ I will guess your order again.Lets see how it goes from there??"

He nods happily and we exchange a comfortable grin as we take back our seats on the bench after dumping in our takeaway boxes at the Bin. Given that it's weekday โ€“ I just knew that it wouldn't be very crowded around here anyway. There were just a couple of passers by in the last 30 minutes or so too but given that we were anyway just facing the view โ€“ we did have the privacy.

Plus right now โ€“ there's no one around at all. Just Us. And this gorgeous view of the Tower Bridge upfront. I get up from my spot on reflex to walk up to the edge of the wall upfront keeping my hand on it as I feel the little gush of the night breeze brush my face and I ask Arnav's whose paced up beside me too โ€“ "okay...Arnav...its gorgeous isn't it? this view of the Tower Bridge? Tell me something? do you think it's more gorgeous upfront from here? or From the Vision on the Eye..."

I Hear Arnav answer instantly โ€“ "of course it's gorgeous

I Hear Arnav answer instantly โ€“ "of course it's gorgeous...Khushi.."

I look at him sideways and chuckle when I find him looking at me as he said that and not at the bridge and I narrow my eyes at him as I say โ€“ "Arnav....I was talking about the tower bridge...it was what I was looking at...."

He winks at me playfully โ€“ "I know...so was I."

Ok.

This playful wink of his is growing on me โ€“ immense too.

I keep my hand on my waist โ€“ "ahaan? really?"

He nods faking innocence momentarily โ€“ " really..,"and a second later he adds with that happy playful wink again โ€“ " nah. You got me there. Of course, I was talking about what I was looking at โ€“ which was You. You are gorgeous โ€“ you know that right ??"

I can't help but chuckle at that as I state with a nudge up his arm โ€“ "thank you so much for that Arnav..but please....stop..being cheeky for a second..alright?? and tell me for Real...which view did you enjoy more??,"and I end up nudging him to look at the Tower Bridge again.

He admits grinning folding his arms across his chest looking upfront now at the Tower Bridgeโ€“ "to be honest

He admits grinning folding his arms across his chest looking upfront now at the Tower Bridgeโ€“ "to be honest. Both. I enjoyed both of them equally. It's gorgeous either ways.Be it upfront or in far-away vision..."

I nod at him in agreement at that as I say โ€“ " and I couldn't agree more โ€“ its charming either ways...,"and as I take in his deep in thought look that just engulfed his face momentarily I ask on reflex โ€“ " wait..wait..wait..I know that look. It tells me you just had a thought while looking at the Bridge just now...didn't you?? tell me about it please..."

He looks at me sideways amused locking his gaze with mine yet again โ€“ "you know the fact that you are beginning to read this look on my face continues to grow on me immense...Khushi."

"Really??," I asked momentarily flushing inwardly by the ways his eyes locked with mine as he said that.Again.

He nods and continues to hold my gaze.

Jeez.

I ask now distracting him by pointing to the bridge, intrigued and drawn to know more โ€“ "come on then...tell me...please..."

He chuckles and nods โ€“ "okay...so...to be honest...it isn't a thought that's come to me now โ€“ like right very now โ€“ it's something that comes to my mind often everytime I look at any bridge upfront โ€“ be it this or any other..."

I ask him intrigued โ€“ "and what could possibly come to your mind when you look at a Bridge upfront...Arnav??"

He grins looking at me sideways โ€“ "Promise me. You are not going to laugh at first...hear me through..and then give me your take on the same..alright??"

I nod with a happy grin โ€“ " okay...I could do that...no laughing at the go.."

He says now pointing to the Tower Bridge โ€“ "so just like I feel every time I see a bridge โ€“ this time around too as I was looking at the Tower Bridge โ€“ I was in the middle off momentarily reminding myself over the possibility of โ€“ what could be running through the mind off the person who innovated the mere idea of bridges back in the day...in the first place??"

I ask intrigued โ€“ " okay..this is interesting. Enlighten me please...what do you think could be running through the mind of this person who invented the idea of Bridges back in the day??"

He chuckles and nods โ€“ "Well ...the thought must have been really simple you know. I mean it's obvious that whoever this person was really cared about getting to the other side across so he could possibly be thinking โ€“ okay...I really wana get to that point across faster โ€“ be it over a waterbody โ€“ or a point far across a city and how do I do that without having to go all the long miles within the city. So bingo โ€“ why not build something that can take me across.Yeah it will be a lot of effort but at the end of the day it could get me across to that point I wanted to reach...right??saving not just me but everyone all that time after in the process too??"

I nod at him chuckling โ€“ "well yes...he would be thinking that...but why do you remind yourself of the same every time you see a bridge Arnav??"

Arnav looks at me casually and states with an effortless grin โ€“ " because it helps me remind myself of the bit that every time I come across a problem or a hurdle in my Life โ€“ I need to freaking build a Bridge of Counter-Thoughts in my Mind that could possibly get me across to that point of solving it โ€“ in no time for all I care about is getting to that point across. As in โ€“ if I can build a Bridge in my mind to get me to focus more onto getting my way across then why not do it?"

This Man just continues to Intrigue me โ€“ over and over.

I could never think off that.

I ask him inquisitive โ€“ "and what if the hurdles/problems got the depth/length off the waters/oceans/seas below and you can't necessarily go over it...then what??"

He grins and winks โ€“ "then...just focus my mind on building myself a kickass submarine instead that will take me through the depths of those waters nonetheless...all that matters is that I need to get across right..it would be harder yes...and sometimes the route might involve you getting submerged below too โ€“ but that doesn't necessarily mean you are drowning right? you could be on your way across to something that could be an answer to so much in your head โ€“ right? okay let me give you another example...I mean think off this Khushi โ€“ when we bury a seed in the soil โ€“ it could surely be thinking โ€“ oh my god I am doomed โ€“ I am buried into darkness ...whereas it wasn't buried โ€“ at all โ€“ it was planted...there is a difference in the very essence of the action which the seed might not realise then....but there will come that day it will realise that too...that it wasn't buried..it was planted into the ground..so that it could bloom and blossom out into a plant/tree/flower one day...so tell me you get what I mean??"

I do.

Something about the way he easily says these deep things โ€“ clicks instantly within me.

I grin at that on reflex as it all sinks in and before I can even control my words I say โ€“ "I do...I do get you...and once again you'v given me so much to ponder over Arnav and know what?I do not know which part of you โ€“ continues to grow on me more Arnav.Your jovial/cheeky/rakish/happygo- lucky bit or this philosophical perceptive bit. Oh I think it's both. Equally perhaps?"

He grins at that โ€“ "ahaan...I like the sound of that Khushi. No wait โ€“ correction. I love the sound of what I just heard.."

I chuckle โ€“ " really? do you now??"

He nods โ€“ " of course...I do..,"and he pauses and asks โ€“ "so..can I ask you something??"

I nod โ€“ "of course...please...go on...."

He asks locking his gaze with mine again โ€“ "would you show the sketch to me ...once you finish doodling it??"

I ask puzzled โ€“ "once I finish doodling what Arnav??"

He places his hand over mine and smiles warmlyโ€“ "the picture that you took of that happy family scene at the eatery -subtly โ€“ Khushi. It reminded you of the ache of never knowing your Dad right? which is why you do plan to just Doodle it out...later???"

I gape at him Surprised. For once again โ€“ I am clean bowled and Stumped. I can't believe he got that. This wasn't him being his perceptive self.It tells me that he was extremely mindful of my presence and my vibe around him in that moment for sure.

Which means he totally cares about the moment he is with me. You know how it can be these days? You could still be right next to someone and yet be disconnected from them/their situation if your mind's involved somewhere else..? And you know what is it that I like more? That he sensed it and wasn't pushy about it โ€“ then. He waited to bring it up until now โ€“ when I am in a different mood.

I give him a little smile now as I ask โ€“ "is that why you decided to banter with me about your order??"

He winks at me playfully โ€“ "maybe..."

I chuckle โ€“ " alrighty....and yes...I will show you the sketch..when I Doodle it out for sure...Arnav..."

He nods and clutches on my hand and says โ€“ "I know...it aches..okay? Khushi? I understand...Not knowing a parent is a huge wound..and as much as you do not want to upset your Mum..by questioning her over the memories of your Dad in order to know him in some ways at the least โ€“ I think you won't know the answer to that for sure โ€“ until you ask her. She loves you immense Khushi. You are her whole world. She would surely understand what this means to you in your heart โ€“ to at least know your Dad in some ways even if it's just in the memories..."

I clutch on his hand back on reflex - "I know...Arnav..as in I know I won't know the answer to It until I ask her...but I am just so scared...of hurting her...in the process..."

Arnav clutches on my arm tenderly โ€“ "yeah...I know...and it's okay...but what if she isn't hurt in the process? What If she just understands because of the deep ways in which she loves you??"

I admit honestly โ€“ "and the conviction with which you just said that makes me wana believe in the latter...Arnav."

He smiles โ€“ "I saw her around you today again...didn't I ? Khushi?? It was on her face โ€“ that smile as you stood beside her...I 'm sure nothing else can top the love she has for you..."

I smile at that on reflex. And that bit also reminds me that I need to begin filling him up on the developments and the talk with Rob too.We just got so lost in all our chatter โ€“ that we totally forgot to talk about that.

I say now brushing my hand through my hair casually โ€“ " so yup..on that note โ€“ I do need to fill you in the stuff I hinted prior.so let's start with my talk with Rob. We got into that little chat. You saw right??"

He nods โ€“ "Yup...I did..."

I explain โ€“ "so it was brief. And it was needed I guess...because after...I'v been feeling so much more better about it in my head...so.. You wana sit back on the bench as I tell you about that? Or is it okay if we continue standing here??"

He grins โ€“ "whatever makes you comfortable Khushi. Either ways...you know I am all ears..."

I nod and smile and we continue to stand put at our spot โ€“ " okay so...first thing out...I need to thank you Arnav...I mean given the talk we had on the Eye the other day...gave me so much to ponder and days later...as in this evening it just felt like I got to stop magnifying the matter in my head over and over and pick up the pen..and begin to write my answer...which is the precise reason...why I agreed to talk to him...and I am glad I did because like I said... I'v just been feeling so much better/lighter about it in my head after..."

He nods and asks curiosity evident on his face โ€“ "okay...so what did Rob say?what did he want to talk about?"

I answer honestly โ€“ "so on the whole it was like he's been bothered by the bit that I might be out here hating him because of the abrupt ways in which he ended things. He was like โ€“ Khushi โ€“ with due respect to everything that was in between of us for the year that we were together, I would hate it โ€“ if you were out there hating me...he said that he really does look back fondly over the time that was โ€“ he wouldn't want to overshadow it with hate..."

Arnav asks inquisitive โ€“ "and what did you say to that? on that note โ€“ do you feel like you hate him??"

I shrug โ€“ "not really? I don't hate him. I am nursing that grudge as in yeah โ€“ I am not at all a fan of the ways he ended things but a grudge doesn't necessarily result in hate now does it? which is exactly what I told him โ€“ I told him that โ€“ Rob I do not hate you โ€“ so don't worry about that โ€“ but the fact that I do not hate you also doesn't mean that we go back to being friends or something because that is so not happening. I am not up for that. It's over in between of us and that status isn't going to change. I respected the fact that he wanted Out so he gotta understand where I am coming from. I told him that the only reason I am going to be cordial around him whenever I bump into him is going to be more driven by Mum's sake...."

Arnav nods โ€“ "and what did he say to that? he respects your decision on the same...I hope??"

I nod โ€“ " He said he does,"and I pause as I admit โ€“ " look to be honest Arnav โ€“ when I looked at it from a birds eye perspective I felt like just like every individual... he does have that right to take the decision of who he wants to be with /how much he wants to put up with on his partner's end โ€“ right? so I can't really begin to hate him for wanting out โ€“ he just didn't want to cope up/put up with some stuff at my end โ€“ but when I asked myself that do I really wana stay stuck to that latter point forever?? The answer I got from within โ€“ was not really...so yeah...I am just glad...I got done with that talk..."

Arnav gives me an understanding nod and he asks clutching on my hand in support โ€“ "so...you feel, okay? Right??as in you'v been feeling okay after??"

I nod at him as I say โ€“ "yes Arnav...I am okay...the other day at the Eye - I did say that I don't even think of what was with him โ€“ I don't reminisce...over it at all...right??"

He nods.

I do not want him to think even for a second that me spending all this time with him online/offline is some sort of a Rebound. For its Not.He's Arnav to me. And whenever I think off him โ€“ I just think off Him as who he is. I clutch on his hand as I admit โ€“ " I meant it..to the T...Arnav..."

He grins โ€“ "Good...I love the sound of that again..."

I ask now on reflex a thought that had been lingering on my mind โ€“ " but I do wana ask you something Arnav. How is it that you don't feel pessimistic about the idea of dating though? I mean โ€“ don't you doubt it even a tad bit little after what you've experienced..?? Also given that you did say that you weren't in love with Roohi โ€“ tell me something โ€“ do you even believe in the institution of Love? like if that one powerful glorious emotion like they say it is...can be enough...to let's say...Bridge over all the other differences that can potentially creep up in between two individuals??"

Arnav locks his intent gaze with mine - "and why don't you tell me your take on that before I tell you mine Khushi..."

I admit honestly looking at the Tower Bridge remembering Mom and Dad's case โ€“ " ok...Personally, I don't have much to say about Love in all its glory because I haven't really experienced it too given that I was not in love with Rob but yeah when I see Sarah and Brian or Grandma and Gramps/or any happy couple around me โ€“ I just feel confused...because I can sense all that love in there in between of them but then I tell myself they just got lucky that there weren't too many differences to iron out in between of them perhaps? plus yeah...I do highly doubt....if Love can be enough though....Arnav...you know to bridge all the differences...sometimes the differences are just meant to be too vast perhaps??,"and I look at him earnest and inquisitive to know his take on the same โ€“ " so what...would be your take on that be??"

He smiles now and asks โ€“ " want to know for Real??"

I nod and he says smiling โ€“ " so I do believe in the institution of Love, Khushi. I know it exists. It's out there โ€“ even though I haven't really felt it in all its emotional glory...but then again โ€“ that bit about โ€“ Can love be enough? Depends on so many elements. Plus the outlook towards that bit often tends to be extremely personal โ€“ like to each their own given that everyone eventually experiences the emotion differently too and loves in a different way โ€“ Khushi...and there's no logic to the ways of love...now is there? as in โ€“ one person may feel and express love differently than his/her partner โ€“ but does that make the other's way of loving any less significant? Not really. I think that's one common hurdle we as humans face in relationships at times โ€“ we feel like we are in this constant competitive race of feelings with one another โ€“ whereas are we really? in my opinion no โ€“ if two people chose to be together and love each otherโ€“ isn't it like they are on the same side โ€“ same team?? Why this constant battle of Me Vs You โ€“ why not Us?"

I nod at that intrigued โ€“ " yeah...the constant battle of Me Vs You is super common..."

Arnav nods โ€“ " yeah โ€“ look all I mean to say is that first thing out โ€“ the fact that two people feel the same way as in Love for one another and that too at the same time of their lives and emotions โ€“ is a huge blessing alright? I mean isn't that what the major angst is all about when it comes to heartbreaks in love? the feeling that it was just probably you who feel the emotion so deep/ or if it's just you giving it your all to keep it going and working... plus sometimes some relationships just get toxic on either ends due to countless number reasons which is why most people give up and that would be the right decision in such a case. You know to just step away from the emotional toxicity...if it begins to feel suffocating..."

I nod โ€“ " yeah..I know.....,"and I gesture him to continue.

He says with another warm smile โ€“ " which brings me back to the Prior bit that just finding the one who feels in the same deep ways for you is like a Freaking Blessing one should focus on cherishing. And if the bond feels empowering, makes you feel happiness in truest sense because there are no conditional offers in the feelings involved โ€“ than I think most surely in such a case those two people involved can Make the Emotion of Love enough. Just feeling the emotion in one's heart is not going to make it enough on its own to bridge through the differences. Differences always creep up as life goes along as two individuals grow in their very own mindโ€“ but as long as both the people โ€“ as in both the parties involved in a relationship are ready to make that equal effort to nurture it throughout and work towards building that bridge over with respect, honesty, loyalty + with equal amounts of commitment + love for each other ....then love wins over...It can be enough โ€“ if two people badly want it to be enough."

I ask intrigued โ€“ "so basically you mean on the whole - it isn't just about feeling the emotion of Love? its about working together in partnership with the person you love - to make it enough??"

Arnav nods โ€“ "Yup. But once again that's a personal opinion Khushi Its how I perceive and look at it.So that's the answer to your bit off is why I am not pessimistic about dating too Khushi โ€“ for let's just say that on the matters of the heart โ€“ I'v constructed myself that Bridge of Hope...which continues to remind me too hold onto faith โ€“ that I will meet that one person one day โ€“ who not only grows onto feeling the emotions in tandem as me โ€“ while nurturing our relationship but at the same time she also fails miserably at that one thing she's probably destined to fail miserably at..."

I look at him puzzled over the last bit โ€“ " wait..wait..what??what do you mean...fail miserably? At what??"

He shoots me that rakish side smile of his โ€“ " at giving up on me..Khushi. What else?Remember I told you โ€“ either I do relationships with my time and flow of emotions or I do not do them at all.??"

I nod โ€“ once again deep in thought and stumped over what he just said โ€“ "yeah you did..."

He continues with a warm smile โ€“ " So..when Roohi's wanted out, I could see it in her eyes that she was done. She'd given up on putting in the effort for me โ€“ in our long distance...there was no conflict apparent in her eyes at all when she voiced out that to me..."

I admit โ€“ " yeah...I know...that look is easy to recognise...I could see it in Rob's eyes then too โ€“ that he was just done too..."

He goes on โ€“ "but nonetheless โ€“ The Bridge of Hope in my heart never stopped guiding me from belief that I will find the one โ€“ who is ready to make that equal effort with me to construct a bridge over every freaking difference in between of us โ€“ no matter how big/small it is โ€“ only because in her heart โ€“ she feels like she can't give up on me because of the ways she feels love grip her heart...,"and he locks his gaze with mine at that.

And I end up asking him on reflex โ€“ " really?is the one for me out there too? will I really find the one โ€“ who is destined to fail miserably at giving up on me too??"

He asks stepping in closer towards me brushing a strand off my hair off my face(which had come into my eyes because of the breeze a second ago) โ€“ "you wana find him??"

I nod silently holding onto his wrist shooting him a nervous smile โ€“ " yeah...it would be nice to have someone feel that way โ€“ about me/for me โ€“ ofcourse...you know...if he's destined to fail miserably at giving up on me โ€“ he surely gotta have some super intense emotional works up going on in his mind/heart for me....right??"

He smiles brushing another hair strand outta my eye tenderlyโ€“ " right....so then maybe...you will find him...just hold onto that faith that you will...though..."

I nod and admit honestly hypnotised by his intense gaze plus this magnetic moment in between of us โ€“ "but I don't know...if anyone will feel that way for me ever...I mean I have my doubts...for sure...Arnav...,"and I pause looking away from his eyes and down at my feet for a second.

He tucks up my chin on reflex making me look into his eyes again โ€“ " why would you say that Khushi? Why are you so pessimistic about this...?"

I admit honestly โ€“ "because a part of me is so scared...Arnav...as in...let's just say..that there could be things about me that are complicated alright?? it's not everyone's cup of tea โ€“ to put up with all that emotional baggage/complications on my end okay? To some โ€“ it could be an unnecessary burden/a source of noise/uncalled drama/probable source of everyday tention/headache...like it was...to..,"and I pause.

Arnav fills it up for me continuing to hold my chin tenderlyโ€“ " to Rob...,"and for a second I spot anger flash through his eyes as he asks โ€“ " wait...you did tell me that he called quits because he wasn't ready to cope with some stuff at your end. And given that you framed it that way I understand that you are probably not yet comfortable to talk to me about the stuff โ€“ because its surely super personal but were these the words he used then? when he called it off?"

I nod as I hold onto his wrist sighing โ€“ "yup...a reason why I gave him two whole months of nothing but silence...Arnav..."

He lets out a curse immediately as he says โ€“ " F*** you Wilson.."

Okay.

I can't help but chuckle at that.

I admit โ€“ "Arnav...no...please don't curse him...no point, right? you were the one who made me see through the birds eye perspective right? he wanted out and he had the right to take the decision...that's all...and I think now that I look back at it โ€“ he just was too shocked and surprised over I shared with him in the first place...he wasn't expecting to hear it at all...I guess..."

Arnav nods and scowlsโ€“ " yeah...but he didn't necessarily need to be such a jackass about his way of expression...no matter how shocked/ taken aback he was..."

I chuckle as I sayโ€“ "whatever...anyway...it's done and dusted. How about you don't scowl please...it doesn't suit you much..."

He chuckles at that on reflex.

I grin โ€“ "yeah...this suits you more...Arnav...,"and I admit โ€“ "and only because you just talked about this with so much conviction...maybe I will ponder over that Bridge of Hope in my mind with regards to these matters?"

He winks at me playfully โ€“ " ahaan? really??"

I nod and just like that as we are in the middle of sharing a warm chuckle โ€“ a thought floods into my end โ€“ making me feel super vulnerable in my being as my eyes well up on their own accord and I look away from Arnav and step and walk aside and turn my face to look at the Bridge โ€“ fighting back my tears.

Godammit โ€“ Me!

I do not want him to see me cry.

ARNAVs POV

Wait.

What??????

Why did she just move away like that? One second, we were in the middle of this moment in between of us and the very next โ€“ she stepped away like that?

I go after her obviously and I hold her by the arm tenderly from behind as I ask โ€“ "Khushi...what's wrong?? Why did you step away in the ways you did?"

She does not turn around and gestures her two fingers out to me โ€“ "two seconds...please...Arnav...just give me two seconds..."

OK.

Her trembling nervous voice gives her away to me.She's in the middle of fighting back tears.But why?

I don't push her to look at me right now but I do hand her some tissue stocked in my pocket from the eatery prior โ€“ from up behind as I say- "alright...take your time...Khushi..but please wipe off those tears you are fighting?? Or know what..maybe just let them be..but hey...if its because off something I said that shouldn't have??I am sorry..look....I..."

And just like that she turns around instantly as she gapes at me her eyes all welled up and a couple of tears trailing both her cheeks โ€“ "how did you know I was fighting back tears? I didn't want you to see me cry dammit..which is why I walked away..but oh never mind.. you see it now nonetheless." and she takes the tissue from my hands and adds โ€“ "and no..this isn't because of anything you said..Arnav..it's just that...,"and she is about to wipe her tears with the tissue away and I stop her in the process by holding onto her wrist as I ask on reflex- " is it okay if I do that??"

She gapes at me puzzled โ€“ "do what?"

I ask sincerely- "wipe your tears away instead of that tissue..Khushi.."I hate the sight of them โ€“ I add to myself silently.

She looks at me stunned and shaken but I am glad that she nods and I step forward and cup her face and wipe those aching trail of tears away off both her cheeks keeping my eyes locked with her welled up one's too and she states โ€“ "no man's ever wiped my tears away ever before this way..so tenderly...Arnav....and that's also maybe I'v just never let any man do the same...but why does it feel okay to let you do it though? I mean...just....why are you so supercool again??haan??"

I grin as I wipe off another one that was beginning to fall of her right eyeโ€“ " Is the bit of me being supercool growing on you too??"

She nods and she sighs โ€“ "don't look at me like that..please??with that sincere warm deep gaze of yours"

I look at her exactly like the way she didn't want me too โ€“ "why??does that make you wana talk to me about what's on your mind.."

She nods and admits with a sigh โ€“ "yes... and this is something I haven't voiced out to a single soul ever..like out loud in voice not even to my close friends or Mum or my grandparents because I know they might just get mad at me..for even thinking this..so I just keep it bottled in.."

And because the moment in between of us just got super intense with everything inside of me feeling super drawn to her(as I have been feeling all evening) - I caress her cheek gently as I say โ€“ " you could write it down and put it in a bottle and shove the bottle down the Thames If you don't wana talk about it Khushi...but either ways...don't keep it bottled in.. if it's something that has the power to make you feel this vulnerable so suddenly.."

She sighs and asks - "is it okay if I say that I'd rather talk to you instead."

I nod at her โ€“ " ofcourse Khushi..wana go sit by that bench??it's still just us out here.. "

She nods and we walk back to the bench we had our dinner on โ€“ and the minute we take out seats I look at her sideways looking upfront as she whispers softly fighting back her tears again in a broken voice โ€“ " it's Mum. As in she never really moved on after Dad...on the matters of the Heart Arnav..and so many times this thought haunts me โ€“ that what if I am the reason for the same?? And just now as we just talked about that Bridge of Hope with regards to relationships...I was momentarily haunted by the bit again that - Was it because of me that Mum never got around to building that Bridge of Hope in her heart ever again?Did she never move on โ€“ because she had me in her Life to give attention too and look after/bring up โ€“ which is why she probably never gave it a second thought with someone else??because she feared if any other man would accept me as in as the daughter of another man as lovingly?? I mean I have so many theories with regards to this in my head...but I could just never ask Mum..I just don't have the courage too.It just hurts so much to even think that I could be a very strong reason behind her Loneliness.I mean. If it hadn't been for me - she probably would have given a thought to moving on? Maybe?? I Love her so much Arnav...and.. I...I...,"and she pauses burying her face in her hands fighting back her sobs with great difficulty.

Oh Godammit.

My Heart goes out to her.

I act on reflex as I wrap my hand around her shoulder and pull her into a side hug as I whisper sincerely โ€“ "come here...you...I understand...okay?? Also..It's okay if you wana cry..and I also understand why you feel conflicted about talking it out to your Mum...for yeah it will hurt her to think you feel all this ache for her on accounts of your very existence..."

She buries her head in the crook of my shoulder on reflex as she states sobbing โ€“ " yup...exactly...that...Arnav.."

I let her vent it out for about five minutes as I just hold her in the sidehug sincerely and once her sobs steady on their own accord - I whisper brushing her hair over her head sincerely โ€“ "but what If she isn't moving on by choice Khushi? As in its a possibility - right?? What if - this has nothing to do with you at all. It could be just personal."

Khushi sighs as she looks up at me sideways a couple off tears rolling down her cheeks againโ€“ " yeah but what if her wound of losing Dad never really healed? Because I am a constant reminder of her moments with him right???"

I say now wiping her tears again- "and what if holding onto those memories is her way of loving him still? Khushi? It's just about perception...again....to each their own...once again..this is where I wana remind you that everyone loves differently...and what if that wounds all healed too.You know what? I read this quote which said that healing doesn't necessarily mean that scars/wounds vanish magically - it just means that those wounds don't have the power to control your life anymore...so maybe over all these years she's come to terms with the ache of losing the love of her life and taken a Happy Refuge and Respite in the memories..which is why..she looks at you as her whole wide world...you are an emotional freaking live memory of him in front of her...and if you look at it this way..she might just be thanking God each day for you..."

Khushi looks at me all emotionally zapped for a second as she stammers โ€“ "you think that could be a possibility??"

I nod โ€“ " of course and specially after seeing the two of you in one frame..the other day and today too..most surely..yes..Khushi.."

She nods at me deep in thought and I pull her into a sincere side hug again โ€“ "this okay??"

She whispers softly resting her head on my shoulder comfortably โ€“ " ahaan..okay..," and just like that we sit there all silently looking at the view upfront.

My minds not silent though. I can't help but wonder what's all that emotional baggage stuff that she mentioned. I want to know but at the same time I feel she will probably talk to me about it at her own pace and I want to respect that.

Five minutes later of me totally feeling like as if holding her to my side snug this way and feeling her head on my shoulder was the was the most natural thing to doโ€“ the silent intense moment in between of us breaks.For to my dismay her phone buzzes and she whispers straightening upโ€“ " oh it's Mum..gotta take this..just a second Arnav.."

I nod at her and she picks up the phone shooting me a little smile that tells me she's feeling better. She gets up from the bench and steps aside to talk to her Mum.

I hope she doesn't say that she has to Leave when she's done with the call.

I don't want her too Leave.

Not just Yet.

Two minutes later as she walks back to the spot and takes her seat next to me โ€“ I ask locking my gaze with her'sโ€“ " please don't tell me...you gotta go Khushi.."

She chuckles softly and gives me a warm smile โ€“ "well I was just about to say the same Arnav...that.. I gotta go..Mum's call reminded me of something that I need to do..and the context of the very same also brings this very smile up my face..."

I hold her hand on reflex โ€“ "don't go..please...not just yet.. I will only return to London towards the end of the tour...can you not stay a little while longer Khushi?? Just a little while more??"

Khushi bites back her smile a little now as she states โ€“ " yup..so your cricketing tour/this game tour is exactly the reason why I need to go actually...I'v got so much packing to do Arnav.."

I look at her puzzled- " You mean you need to help your Mum pack up for the tour??,"and when I spot her bite her smile again I ask โ€“ " why are you biting back your smile...Khushi??"

She shakes her head in a No โ€“ biting back her smile again - " so no to the prior for..Mum's done with all her packing...already..she just reminded me that I am not done with that.. yet...and given that we are all scheduled to leave tomorrow too...she advises that I get back home soon to do the same...."

Wait.

What?

Did she say โ€“ We? As in her Mum and Her? Is that what she implied??

I swear my heart skips a beat at that thought in my head.

I ask instantly - " wait...what do you mean..We..Khushi..does that We imply you along with your Mum or just the England unit??answer..please...now..this very nanosecond now..."

She chuckles now as she states โ€“ "it implies me and Mum obviously Arnav.As in โ€“ yes I gotta pack up for I am coming along on this tour too - because as situations had it I had to step in to fill in last minute for Mike who is in the support unit of the England team which is why I was there at the Lord's prior..and what I was caught up in all evening Arnav..he was briefing me up on it all...."

Ok.

My Heart's Jolts up in Joy!Almost as if I were wired up with 240 watts of Glee โ€“ which is why the latter bit of everything she explained fails to register in my Head momentarily given my Ears are just Freezed in sheer Glee at the Former!

Hell Yeah. Surprise Party's is all out and about rolling in my head. And she surely can sense my glee on my face given the outrageously wide grin- marking my lips right now.

She breaks into a laughter at that as she stands up in front of me and states โ€“ " okay seriously. This is exactly why I wanted to tell you this face to face..look at your expressions Arnav..my imagination did not do this moment justice at all..."

I stand up and step in closer towards her to reconfirm the context of my glee โ€“ " just for the record..I need to reconform the context of all my glee..Khushi...you just said that you are coming on this tour?? Right??With the England unit?? For sure??"

She nods and states with a playful wink- " yup...I am..for sure..you heard me right the very first time...Arnav...also are you really going to keep grinning like that???"

I wink at her as I hold onto her hand to make her sit back next to me, as I take the seat back on the bench โ€“ " yes..to the latter...for sure...plus....wait..come here..sit for a.second..and fill me in over how this worked out..please??"

She does and while she is at it โ€“ I can't stop beaming in Happiness. I am sure my face is a Total give away to her โ€“ which is why she's so amused by my expressions and Five minutes later once she is done giving me highlights about it all she states giving me a happy knowing look โ€“ " seriously...you look as happy about this as you were about that Hatrick โ€“ today..."

I wink at her happily โ€“ "that's because I am..."

She chuckles and shoots me a knowing look as she asks โ€“ " I gotta request though? can I say it??"

I nod and she states sincerely โ€“ "so..given that we will be seeing each other around on the tour..promise me... no being cheeky in front of the units okay? We gotta be formal and in pretend mode as stranger's around everyone else..and before you misunderstand me..I want to make the context of my request clear...its Mum...again... for I haven't yet spoken to Mum about running into you and knowing you now.. and I do wana be the one to tell her about it first...I do not want her to get a huff off it otherwise..because we are so close and I always tell her everything...like you just heard me...she's a tad bit worried about me taking this assignment on because of this whole thing with Rob right? So I just want her to see for herself that I am going to be okay first..before I talk to her about knowing you....you get where I am coming from right?."

I nod at that โ€“ " ofcourse I get it Khushi.Dont worry you shall have my co-operarion...alright??"

She smiles โ€“ " thank you..," and she pats my arm playfully- " ohkayy you can stop shooting me those cheeky grins now....Arnav..."

I wink โ€“ " nope...I can't.. I just cannot stop ok?also....please reconfirm this development to me yet again will you Khushi so that I am a third time sure that I did not just imagine it.."

She chuckles at that happily and reconfirms the same to me.Once she is done- I get up on reflex off the bench as I say to her excited โ€“ " come on then...let's get going...you gotta rush home...you need to pack... I don't want you to be late....you better get on time on that Bus with the unit okay?so....what time do you all plan to leave again?we all leave at Noon...just checking because it will be cool to reach Birmingham at the same time...right??"

Khushi smiles getting up โ€“ " yes...Its Noon for us too...Arnav.."

I state happily โ€“ " great...this is freaking great...plus if I am right..both our units are stating at the same hotel in Birmingham too..??like we mostly always do when on tour of England outside London? I mean Both our teams stay in the same hotel. I think it's the same this time around too??"

Khushi nods and we begin walking โ€“ " right.. Arnav..that remains the same too.. on that note..have you finished winding up?? I have so much to do โ€“ given that it was so last minute..."

I step forward and in front of her folding my arms across my chest playfullyโ€“ " ill be done in no time Khushi..I am a pro at this โ€“ remember?,"and she nods happily and I suggest โ€“ " why not call Maya and Sarah over for help??"

She crosses her arms over her front playfully now โ€“ " I did. They are at home already..waiting up for me. They know I had stepped out to meet you โ€“ right? on that note โ€“ the two of them are on your fan bus โ€“ already.They think you are pretty cool too.."

I hold her arm gently on reflex โ€“ " Wait..does that mean you do continue to talk about me to them.??"

She bites back her smile โ€“ " maybe.."

I nod at her playfully โ€“ " I think I know what that maybe means...Khushi..."

She grins โ€“ " good..on you...if you do...Arnav..,"and we begin to walk our way back again.

I jump up in front of her in mischievously again as I ask narrowing my eyes at her playfully โ€“ " so...just checking..again...if you talk to them about me..that means...you like to talk to them about me..which means...that you do think about me quite often..perhaps??"

She narrows her eyes at me again mischievously as she adds โ€“ " look at you..being all mischievously smug ..Arnav..."

I chuckle โ€“ "come on โ€“ answer me ..please??"

She rolls her eyes amused as she adds with a playful smile โ€“ " ahaan...how about I say...maybe...to that too??"

I grin โ€“ " maybe is good. Maybe is optimistic. It's got a positive ring to it when said with a smile like that...Khushi.,"and we begin to walk.

She chuckles happily at that as she says โ€“ " I can't believe you are still grinning like that though...Arnav.."

I wink at her happily โ€“ " do not ask me to stop...grinning..please"

She smiles as she looks at me sideways - " no I won't. I told you โ€“ the grin suits you. the scowl doesn't.."

I wink at her โ€“ " so you mean my grin is growing on you too โ€“ perhaps??"

She pats my arm playfully at that as she says โ€“ " Arnav...please...stop..."

I chuckle โ€“ " alrighty...Khushi...I will stop...for now...,"and as we share a warm chuckle again and resume our walk again falling naturally into the casual chatter about this pleasant walk back to the Taxi Stand โ€“ but you know what is it that I can't stop doing though?

I can't stop thanking the Gods of Chance and Luck again!

For Hell Yeah.

All thanks to them โ€“ I feel like I have been instantly Bridge-D upto Cloud Nine which is the very reason why this outrageous grin up my lips continues to give apt competition to the length of River Nile!!

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? I hope you all enjoyed reading through this. What are your takes on the various shades of A&K's conversations? Plus yes โ€“ whats your take on Arnav's family โ€“ given that they made a little sneak peek of an appearance in the beginning??I really enjoyed writing the update through it's various scenes....(winks)๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Next Update : Saturday Night

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks Guys for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mysticaltales11111/

shiv456 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Wow you are amazing writer awesome 

coderlady thumbnail

He could not even wait for their meeting. So he showed up early.

coderlady thumbnail

Arnav's family is on standby waiting to see what happens. They know a new girl is on the horizon.

coderlady thumbnail

In such a short time, he understands her so well. He knows what she will do before she does it.

coderlady thumbnail

Of course Khushi is worried about talking to her mom about her dad. She knows painful memories will surface.

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am with the next update off HW3.0.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โคโค Also yes โ€“ we are Ten Days Forward into the Story!

Word Count -Short โ€“ Medium Length โ€“ 5.4 K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off โ€“ Everything Covid! And I truly hope โ€“ that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™โ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

Copyright Disclaimer :

Text Copyrightยฉmysticaltales11111โ„ข2020

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

All Rights Reservedยฎ mysticaltales11111

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 9 โ€“ Long Island Iced Tea

TAKE 9 โ€“ Long Island Iced Tea

10 Days Later

5th March, 2019

Birmingham, UK

Hyatt Regency โ€“ 6 :00 PM

Hyatt Regency โ€“ 6 :00 PM

Khushi's POV

Maya and Sarah ask in unison the very second, I swipe up the green button on the video call stepping out the washroom in our room (which Mum and me are sharing) โ€“ "K, is Mrs.J around??"

I can't help but roll my eyes at that. I know why the two of them asked that first thing out. So that they can jump to โ€“ drill me about โ€“ everything Arnav โ€“ instantly. It's been that way โ€“ anyway.But โ€“ especially in these last ten days their curiosity with regards to this enigmatic concoction brewing in between of Arnav and me seems to have reached the ceiling for sure.I admit now with a wink, taking seat on the sofa next to the windowโ€“ " really?? girls?? Are we going to get to that straightaway? I mean where's my usual hello to begin within.."

They both chuckle at that happily and exchange a wink with one another as given the surroundings I can see that they are chilling around together at Maya's Art Studio

They both chuckle at that happily and exchange a wink with one another as given the surroundings I can see that they are chilling around together at Maya's Art Studio. They answer together โ€“ "so we know that look โ€“ Mrs. J isn't around.Which means we can shoot to ask her about that bit she said she would talk to us on call..on that text last night..."

I smile at that โ€“ " yes okay girls we can jump to that...but I do have just fifteen-twenty minutes right now? alright? for I need to head down to join Mum and everyone else in the unit in their mini celebrations...you know everyone's still so pumped up and excited.."

So.

Mini Celebrations โ€“ Why?

Because this time around โ€“ We won the Second Test Match with a narrow margin of just 5 runs. It was a super close game guys โ€“ and to be honest even though I was in the balcony with our entire support unit โ€“ in my head โ€“ I was so nervous for Arnav, given that he was in such a pressure situation on crease during that last over. India needed to make 300 runs in their second innings and they only went in to bat in for the same this morning too as in โ€“ the morning of the Fifth Day of the Test Match.They succeeded in reaching the target of 295 โ€“ until they got all out. Arnav was the last one to lose his wicket โ€“ actually. So - it's natural for everyone in our unit to feel this excited because now the scores our Level in this Test Match Series.

India โ€“ 1.

England โ€“ 1.

Maya and Sarah nod at that and Sarah asks โ€“ "is ASR upset much though? given that it was such a close loss for India this second test match?? I mean they only needed freaking 5 runs to win...and he was on the strike, when they were 9 down โ€“ everyone in the unit had their hopes on him given that he was batting on 55 runs...he surely must be bummed that he couldn't go for a boundary and ended up getting clean bowled instead..."

Maya nods and adds โ€“ " yup โ€“ as long as he was keeping that strike โ€“ I had all my hopes up too,"and she gapes at me amused โ€“ " but โ€“ K โ€“ you also tell us first โ€“ what was going through your head in that balcony โ€“ were you Team England or Team Arnav.."

I chuckle as I counter escape that question momentarily as I say โ€“ " okay...girls...stop on the latter...and hear this first given that's what you also wana know first โ€“ so actually I thought Arnav was going to feel like super bummed โ€“ and he was a tad bit disappointed in his gaming emotions obviously โ€“ but just little bit โ€“ for when we got onto text soon after because I wanted to check on him โ€“ he said โ€“ he was absolutely okay. He said as a unit ofcourse โ€“ they felt like they were so close to winning this one too so it was obvious that it did feel like a bitter pill to swallow game wise, but then it was the gaming experience that mattered so much more. He actually texted meโ€“ Khushi โ€“ next time I hit the nits โ€“ I am going to get someone to bowl me that killer reverse swing in the nets that got me out โ€“ so that I can improve on the same...plus I did spot him all smiles and relaxed with his team mates when we got on our respective team buses at Edgebaston to make our way to the hotel..right? so yup โ€“ that relaxed smile of his told me โ€“ that he was okay..for real..."

Sarah winks โ€“ " yeah...but either ways...even though India didn't win this one โ€“ I am just glad ASR got the better of Rob yet again in both the innings...Rob must be glad though that this time around he did get around to making some runs at the least โ€“ given that Captain Dev only brought in ASR to bowl in to him after about first ten overs because of the pitch conditions in both the innings โ€“ but hell yeah โ€“ ASR got him in the very first over he bowled in both the innings again...I am stoked for him because he did end up with amazing bowling economy/wicket figures with 7 wickets in the both innings combined of test match yet again...plus his valuable 40 runs in the first innings and then of course the 55 runs again...today..."

I nod at that โ€“ " well yes โ€“ I am super stoked for him for his all-round performance yet again..too..."

Maya chuckles at that as she adds โ€“ " plus...I am sure Rob kept praying to the cricketing gods above in his head that Captain Dev keeps pushing the overs until he gets ASR in.."

I chuckle at that on reflex โ€“ " maybe...,"and I add honestly โ€“ " but girls ...seriously...I am glad this situation around with Rob isn't being awkward at all โ€“ given that he's respecting what I wanted. We'v been only cordial as prior acquaintances because of Mum.."

Sarah winks โ€“ " and we are super glad about that too..,"and she adds picking up her phone and showing it to me โ€“ " K โ€“ wait โ€“ I wanted to ask you this the minute I spotted it.Did you put this picture up on the Englands official social media handles with the unit celebrating the victory in this pumped up way? I mean that's Arnav walking off the pitch with that disappointed look up his face in the background ya with his partner on the other end...given that he was the last one to lose his wicket..."

I shoot her a little smile โ€“ " yup I did Sarah. It's my job ya..for now.Gotta be fair to it.Anyway, Arnav knows I am behind all of England's social media activities this tour โ€“ so he's all chill about it. He understands it my job that I am going to be completely fair too no matter the conflicted gaming emotions in my head when it comes to India Vs England...now...."

Maya nods โ€“ " we understand K..."

Sarah winks โ€“ " wait..up Maya..lets catch her up on that now in the end...come on admit it to us K โ€“ you were totally conflicted in the balcony stands during that last over..."

I chuckle as I admit โ€“ " alrightyy I admit โ€“ a part of me wanted Arnav to smash a boundary too alright? because he'd go crazy happy celebration after right?? but then because Mum+ the entire unit was around me โ€“ hoping he'd get out instead โ€“ I just had to keep a straight calm face. Wasn't easy ..for sure.."

Sarah insists now with another wink โ€“ "okay K โ€“ shoot now โ€“ please see we got our coffees going โ€“ tell us what you wanted to..."

I ask โ€“ "is it okay if I sip on some water prior??"

Maya nods and her eyes widen โ€“ "oh my god โ€“ she is nervous but that look tells in a very good way though..."

Sarah nods.

I finish sipping on some water instantly as I admit โ€“ " okay...guys...you both already know that in these last ten days โ€“ ever since we reached Birmingham โ€“ Arnav and me have been keeping the pretend bit going in front of our units as we decided..but...on the other side..."

Maya adds with a wink โ€“ " yeah but you keep texting each other in those moments too under pretend mode whenever around...and when it's not that โ€“ all the two of you have been doing is hanging out with one another...."

Sarah adds with another wink โ€“ " and because it's the Test Matches going on and the evenings are mostly free. You'v both just been jetting outta the hotels late evening seperately โ€“ meeting at a common point decided โ€“ and then getting onto exploring the city areas together..only returning after hours of fun+ chatter..."

Maya shoots next โ€“ "and except for those three nights that you couldn't really step out because of last minute gaming strategies meetings on his end โ€“ you did catch up in the business centre after โ€“ later in the night..under the pretext off being two busy individuals..working late night..."

I chuckle as I add โ€“ " yeah โ€“ I am so glad that no one uses the club floors... business centers much anymore โ€“ because on all three of those occasions it was just us โ€“ plus I am so glad they have that little cabin...because we could talk without any worries..."

Sarah smiles โ€“ "so yeah โ€“ K โ€“ we know the bit where in around him you turn into a chatterbox as you do around Us. But I am sure the look on your face has something else to say right now to us..."

I admit honestly โ€“ "yes it does. So yup โ€“ as you both just filled it in all back to me โ€“ all Arnav and me have been doing in the last ten days when not in pretend mode โ€“ has been โ€“ getting together to hang out/spend some time together right?And guys โ€“ I swear I have no idea what this strange enigmatic concoction brewing in between of Arnav and me is doing to me alright? It's turning everything down inside off me upside downโ€“ obviously started pacing in its act โ€“ after that day with him by the Bridge because moments with him just kind off bridged me closer to him. Plus it's the intense steady pace with which everything seems to tumbling around within me is whats so new. Like especially in these last ten days โ€“ it's like he's infiltrating into my systems at the speed of light/sound whichever is faster and I am letting him do so...plus...last..night...while we were on our way back to the Hotel on that open double decker bus after that quick dinner and walk around..I just felt something โ€“ so strong okay??"

Maya and Sarah ask puzzled โ€“ "define strong..."

I say โ€“ " I don't know how to explain girls.."

Sarah winks โ€“ " try babe.."

I sigh as I try to find the right wordsโ€“ " okay see...girls...Like you know how I love Long Island Ice Tea as a cocktail choice but you guys insist I don't indulge in too many because it can get me drunk so easily?? Because of its mixture of five types of spirits?"

Sarah and Maya nod at me puzzled and amused โ€“ " yeah...what about Long Island Tea now??"

I explain in a Bingo โ€“ gesture of my fingers โ€“ " yeah. So that's what I felt. As if โ€“ I had dunked down about Four Long Island Tea's like back to back.Like Bottoms Up...the only difference that I wasn't hit by the traditional mixture off gin , vodka, tequila, rum and triple sec โ€“ but hit by these super intense mixture of shades of Arnav....his fun self, his rakish side smile, his deep perceptive eyes , plus the ways he just looks at me+ gets me, plus all this electricity in the air in between of us that's gotten so freaking obvious in the last couple of days especially..."

Sarah winks โ€“ " okay..I get it now...you are freaking starting to get way too attracted to him.."

I groan and admit โ€“ "Yup.oh boy I am. I mean guys โ€“ talk about axing ones own feet.I mean wasn't it just twenty days ago that I made the resolution of staying away from cricketers? I mean who knew โ€“ then that Arnav was going to barge into my Life and kick out my resolution outta the park as if he were momentarily transported into Beckham's avatar?"

They end up chuckling at that and I end up joining them too and Maya says next โ€“ " okay...we get the hunch...but give me a context into the moment..please??"

I explain โ€“ " okay so โ€“ there we were โ€“ just us on the double decker in the open in the last seat and because it was just us โ€“ he had his mask down k? and we were talking about everything that we'v explored undercover in Birmingham uptil today and how amazing its been to spend so much time with each other โ€“ he couldn't stop thanking his stars that I gotta come along on this tour , he also was super glad that Mum actually bought my bit of stepping out on majority of the evenings โ€“ being some sort of research of randon fun moments out in the streets to Doodle as Art Work....and I was just talking to him about how glad I am for him game wise for the first four days in the match and was in the middle of wishing him all the best for today โ€“ when all of a sudden our eyes locked โ€“ and I felt super drawn to him โ€“ like I literally felt like everything freezed and it was just Him and Me in that moment...and...its crazy because I have been in a full fledged relationship for a year prior to this and never did I feel something so intense in a casual moment ever before..like this is just so so freaking different...plus hear this โ€“ all I wanted to do in that moment was just forget about everything and....,"I pause fighting back another groan.

Maya and Sarah ask in unison โ€“ " and what??"

I admit keeping my hand on my forhead โ€“ "all I wanted to do was freaking kiss Him.."

Maya grins and Sarak asks her eyes widening in glee โ€“ " wait...what??"

I nod โ€“ " yeah and it wasn't just me though. He wanted it too, for given that we were both leaning into each other hyptonised by the moment in between of us โ€“ we really would have ended up kissing one another โ€“ if the bus hadn't come to that sudden halt at its bus stop the very next second..."

Sarah groans โ€“ " oh my god โ€“ why? Godaamit โ€“ you - bus.."

I chuckle โ€“ " girls...seriously...though..see..this is what I mean...I am in trouble...okay? Like...all of sudden...Arnav is feeling like this huge concoction of Long Island Iced Tea that I wana keep dunking down over and over without caring about the badass hangover tomorrow..."

Maya sighs comfortingly โ€“ "for the first time ever โ€“ you aren't your guarded self around a Man- K.You aren't afraid to be yourself โ€“ you are going with the flow โ€“ living in the moment โ€“ I see no wrong/trouble in that...I mean you feel happy right? like genuinely happy with him right??"

I admit a vulnerable thought out to them โ€“ " yeah I do โ€“ which is why this is beginning to feel so good in my head. I feel like I wana be with him...I feel like even though we started this whole bit of getting to know one another on account of being friends โ€“ we both now know it isn't just about that anymore โ€“ especially after last night โ€“ when we almost freaking kissed...I literally feel like I want more..I haven't been able to stop thinking about it...but at the same time...I am so scared...off..."

Sarah asks confused โ€“ "off what??"

I admit โ€“ "off the bit that what if he doesn't want anything to do with me too โ€“ after he knows about my vulnerable secret. I feel like I want to talk to him about Dad first. I wana tell him everything. This time around โ€“ I just feel like I want to give him the honesty with regards to my situation first โ€“ and put the ball in his court- after. I don't want to wait until its too late to protect myself from getting hurt you know just incase he does walk away.And even though a part of me that he's infiltrated into suggests that I should not presume his reaction the other part of me is so freaking scared because I am started to feel vulnerable with the thought of him walking away......"

Maya smiles โ€“ " then why not talk to him K??"

I admit โ€“ " I think I need more time on that M. and to be honest โ€“ I think its got more to do with the bit โ€“ that given how comfortable and at peace and happy I feel around him โ€“ I feel like I want to extend it's life a little bit more..you know? like just in case โ€“ he reacts in similar ways to Rob?? I wana feel more of what I am feeling - but this time around just incase if my worry does come true and Arnav walks away...because โ€“ for the first time ever - iv just felt so much more for real in my emotions already โ€“ I just feel I am going to feel like...,"and I pause because I am astonished because of the ways my eyes have welled up on their own accord.

Holy Hell.

I am just so Freaking Into Him.

Sarah asks concerned โ€“ "feel like what?"

I admit wiping a tear outta the corner of my eye โ€“ " I'd probably just feel all butchered and stabbed then. It won't just hurt a little.Yup I will totally feel like I'v been butchered and stabbed for sure...,"and I look up to find my friends staring at me in concern as they say โ€“ " K....you are really into him..aren't you??"

I nod as I admit astonished by the intense expression on my very own face that I can see up on screen โ€“ "I think the answer to that would be yes โ€“ girls...godammit โ€“ whats this soup I landed myself into and that too in no time โ€“ I mean...I met him just twenty freaking days ago โ€“ guys....please give me some logic that says โ€“ I am mad in my head to feel this way...why am I feeling this way? I shouldn't feel this way right?? I mean โ€“ I am not supposed to feel this way right? than why am I feeling this????

Maya rolls her eyes โ€“ " K - what you shouldn't do โ€“ is try to shut out what you are feeling โ€“ K...ok?? about time to that..."

Sarah nods โ€“ " yeah about time indeed. Look K โ€“ for now just take your time- go with the flow as is alright??and prep yourself in the head to talk to him too..I agree on your decision that it would be safer to protect your emotions by talking this out to him first..to just see how he reacts...."

I nod at them โ€“ " yeah girls โ€“ I think I'll do that and prep myself up for this..anyway why don't the two of you fill me up on how your day was?? Also yes I think its about time you fill in Jack/Brian on the bit that's its Arnav iv been getting to know in all these days..."

Maya grins โ€“ " finally โ€“ they might kill us though for keeping it from them till now..."

Sarah winks โ€“ " yup they will..but we will make them understand..anyway we are catching over for dinner right?? be ready for their calls after thought.also what are your plans โ€“ K? seeing ASR tonight again? given that you all are leaving for Nottingham tomorrow..for that's where the third test is starting on the 9th..."

I admit โ€“ " so yeah we are catching up for sure but...we still gotta plan on where..anyway..you guys fill me in on your days please??"

They do. And about seven minutes later โ€“ while we are in the middle of our chatter, I hear a knock on the door. I walk over to open it and I see Stacey standing there as she says grinning all pumped up โ€“ " okay...Khushi...you need to come down...Dr.J asked me to check up on you if everything's okay??"

I nod โ€“ " yeah it is Stace was just catching up with Maya and Sarah..,"and I add to Sarah and Maya โ€“ " okay girls โ€“ ill call you back later...k? gotta head down..for now.."

They wink at me and we say our byes and we hang up and I step out with Stacey and we fall into our usual chatter as she begins to ask me about the couple more posts I had lined up to go live tonight on all of the social media handles with some casual videobytes of our players after the match + the buzz in the dressing room and the minute I show the dressing room doodle GIF(that I had designed after the match + in the middle of the route back to the hotel on the bus) converting and merging into the real life scene into the dressing room scene after the game, she states as we near the elevator โ€“ " okay...seriously Khushi..this ones seriously uber cool...,"and she presses the button.

I thank her for the same and she begins to fill me up on the celebrations underway at the team's room(Which is like a small banquet hall converted into our Team Room for the unit) โ€“ that I missed on until this point and it is right then I get a DM from Arnav on Insta.

I head to it immediately while still continuing my conversation with Stacey whilst waiting for the elevator.

Him : Khushi...how's the celebration in the team room going?? Miss me much?

I bite back my smile.

Me : Maybe to the latter Arnav. Also I wouldn't know how the celebrations are going yet because I came upto freshen up the minute we got here because I was so busy getting those posts ready after the match and on the way back right? then got into a call with Maya and Sarah.Now Stacy just came to get me down since Mum's wondering where I was.

Him : oh wait โ€“ so you are on your way down to the reception lobby?

Me : yes, are you around??

I hope yes โ€“ given that I feel myself getting excited at the thought of stealing a look at him subtly from across. Again.Its what we'v both been doing โ€“ when we cross each other around in the hotel/or during breakfast hours/ or other occasions and our still in pretend mode.

It's Fun.

Him : yeah. We were lounging around here for a bit โ€“ we were just about to get on the way up to our rooms.Know what? if you coming down โ€“ ill just delay us going up by a couple of minutes. For no ways I am missing a chance to steal a glance at you even if its from across.You'd say maybe to the latter but you know I can't wait to see you tonight. Just You and Me which means โ€“ Hell yeah.I miss you when I am not with you obviously.

I bite back my grin as the elevator door opens.The Long Island Tea โ€“ Version Arnav begins to churn its way down my throat into my stomach.

Me : getting into the elevator...k?

Him : I am waiting.

I resume my conversation with Stacey as we get into the Elevator but a part of my mind is already conjuring the plan of subtly stealing a couple of looks at him from across โ€“ with Stacey by my side.

A couple of minutes as the elevator door dings open and we step out โ€“ I freeze in my tracks momentarily โ€“ because I spot Arnav standing right there in the centre of all the elevators bang opposite the one, I just stepped out off along with five of his friends.

Cheeky Him.Stood right by the elevator that was coming down from my floor.

And our eyes lock subtly and I can totally sense him biting back his grin โ€“ pretending to be in the middle of the conversation with Ved,Raunak, Cap and Sammeer, and Daksh in front of me but I don't have to worry about Stacey spotting me freezing because she's freezed in her steps too as she nudges me in the side โ€“ "Khushi..this is my one chance to click a picture with the group off Indian players who I enjoy watching too โ€“ I mean right now it's just us โ€“ it wont get odd..will you click a picture for me??"

I nod at her โ€“ " sure Stace โ€“ why not.."

Stacey hands me her phone excited and I spot her walk up to them as she politely introduces herself as a member of our Support unit and her wish of wanting a picture with them all โ€“ and then she gestures to me from across probably saying that I will be the one clicking the picture.

Everyone nods politely and they fall into a group to get a picture clicked with Stace.

And as I get on with clicking the picture โ€“ I can totally spot Arnav's eyes glinting with so much mischief in the moment.And its super funny because only I know the reason why.

I bite back my very own mischievous smile with great difficulty as Stace hops back to me excited and I politely nod at all the players whose game I admire too from across which they acknowledge with a subtle nod โ€“ with only Arnav giving me the look subtly โ€“ as if his Lungs would burst in laughter the minute he'd step into his room โ€“ before we get on with our way and they get on with their talk while awaiting another elevator to arrive.

My phone beeps.

Him : that was fun.Wasnt it? khushi? Seriously my lungs are going to burst in laughter the minute I am alone though.

Me : very funny Arnav. Look at you being all cheeky โ€“ stood right across the elevator that was coming down my floor.Also I guessed that's exactly what your look meant.

Him : ofcourse Khushi โ€“ I saw the floor sign it was headed down from โ€“ from the out right? ahan? Did you guess it for Real?

Me : yup I did.

Him : I also have a guess with regards to the subtle look I spotted in your eyes from across โ€“ Khushi. Wana know my take on it?

I bite back my smile.

Me : I wana know if you wana tell me about it.

Him : I a'int the only one whose waiting to see just you.You can't wait to just see me too.Am I right?

Me : maybe...you are...Arnav...

Him : I like the sound of that. okay getting into the elevator now. text you in a bit?

I step into the Team Room and I can't help but smile as the happy buzz.All our players are celebrating the win โ€“ the happy chatter buzz is in the air + our entire Support unit team is stoked โ€“ Mum's stoked too! I spot her picking up a drink to sip on โ€“ in far vision too.

Me : yup. Text later.Just stepping into the celebration too!

Him : okkiess. Have fun Khushi! And see me soon after please.

.Me : yup...to both..

And with that I finally put my phone back in my pockets and walk up to join Mum.

She hugs me tight instantly as she states โ€“ "okay baby โ€“ given that we won such a super close match โ€“ I am having a drink before dinner today โ€“ you wana have one too? come on โ€“ you do need to celebrate all the hard work you are doing all these days with the digital engagements for us too and then all your other art research in the evenings..plus...Dawson here was just saying how he loved that dressing room doodle merging into a real time picture atmosphere โ€“ that you'v aligned to go live in a couple of hours from now.."

I side hug Mum at that. So I obviously share all my planned posts prior with Senior Dawson. It can only go live once he approves it. I ask โ€“ " really?? did he say that? or is it you being biased Mum??"

Sir joins us grinning at that as he says โ€“ " those were my words..indeed...also โ€“ we'v planned a early team dinner at the European Restaurant tonight for everyone okay at 8pm? We will head tehre straight from here in a bit - After which we can all get on with our packing given that we head outta here tomorrow.."

Oh Boy.

Means I cannot meet Arnav until much later.

I quickly text him the same(Subtly)

My phone beeps with his reply in a second.

Him : Dammit Noo. Tell me that isn't true.

Me : Unfortunately it is Arnav. I am sorry.

Him : why are you sorry Khushi? Its not like its your fault!Anyways guess what? I think we won't be able to step out tonight then maybe? So lets meet at the business center โ€“ then? later?

Me : yup. That sounds cool. Lets do that โ€“ Arnav.

Him : Or maybe โ€“ know what? I just feel like I am in the mood to eat dinner early today and my taste buds would fancy the European cuisine too.

I bite back my smile as I am continuously also pretending to be in conversation with Mum and Senior Dawson sir.

Me : Aranv...are you serious?

My phone beeps after one minute.

Him : yup..I am. Just checked with Ved, Raunak and Sameer โ€“ they are up for it too. Cap and Daksh just wana order into the room.So yeah โ€“ I will see you at dinner โ€“ Khushi. Even if it's from across.

Me : ohkkayy then...but this is crazy though for once again I will be biting my smile all throughout my meal...

Him : ahaan? a sight I really like anyway. Plus you know whats crazier though?ask me what? because I want to answer that.

Me : what?

Him : the fact that your thoughts don't leave my mind. I don't want them too. I won't let them. I like the way they tread to you all the freaking time when my minds off cricket.You are racing upto that Podium position in my head as if you were racing in the Mercedes F1 car as fast as Hamilton does. And I like that you are. I'm happily waving the checkered flag for you.

Ok.

I need a Drink.

Me : you mean that?

Him : You know I mean it.

I am momentarily distracted as Mum says now hugging me again โ€“ " let me get you that Long Island Iced Tea โ€“ you love โ€“ Hun...maybe just one though... given that it get's you High pretty quickly..and theres still time to dinner,"she finishes with a happy wink.

I nod at her.

If only she knew โ€“ it wasn't the mix of alcohol spirits that was going to create a havoc in my being at the moment.

Me : Arnav..what are you doing to me??

Him : exactly what you are doing to me..perhaps..Khushi?

Two minutes later- Mum hands me the drink now as she asks โ€“ " is that Maya?Sarah? say my hello to the girls.."

I nod at her.

Me : Arnav... Mum's thinking I am chatting with the girls. I'll just be here with her and the rest of the medical + support unit alright?text you later?

Him : okay... can we talk about what is it that we are doing to each other tonight though Khushi? Only if you want to talk about it. If you say โ€“ you don't wana talk about it for now โ€“ I am cool with that too. You know that right?.

I take a sip of my drink.Do I wana talk about it? Yeah. I think so.

Me : yeah okay..let's talk about it...

Him : Great...Can't wait..

I take another sip as I answer.

Me : I will see you soon...Arnav.

And the minute I send that โ€“ Mum asks me something โ€“ and I keep my phone back in my pockets and continue to sip my drink deep in thought.

Yup.

Maybe โ€“ this version of The Long Island Ice Tea โ€“ just slipped down in my favourites list from its usual No 1 โ€“ to No 2. For I'v just realised that there's a human version of it โ€“ that's raced upto that No 1 โ€“ spot โ€“ apparently. A Human Version โ€“ that I can't help but wave โ€“ Checkerd Flags out at too!!

Ugh.

Ughhh.

Ughhhh.

Arnav. Just why are you so freaking awesome again?

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? I hope you all enjoyed reading through this Short- Medium โ€“ Long Island Tea โ€“ Update..I really enjoyed writing it too.(winks).I did want to give this as a standalone before the next Update.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Next Update : Monday Night

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks Guys for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mysticaltales11111/