ARSHI FF - HIT WICKET MY HEART 3.0 - Take 44-Pg.51(10.5.22) - Page 5

Posted: 2 years ago

So Rehaan is aware of Alice's whereabouts and her work.

Rehaan thinks and hopes that Alice probably moved on and married someone.

Edited by coderlady - 2 years ago

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am with the next update off HW3.0.And yup โ€“ its Only A&K all throughout the Update โ€“ with the complete coverage of their next meet.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โคโค

Word Count โ€“ Long in Length โ€“ 10.5 K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off โ€“ Everything Covid! And I truly hope โ€“ that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

Copyright Disclaimer :

Text Copyrightยฉmysticaltales11111โ„ข2020

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

All Rights Reservedยฎ mysticaltales11111

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 6 โ€“ The Eye

Same Day โ€“ 20th Feb, 2019 - At the London Eye

Friday evening - 8:50 PM

Khushi's POV

I can't help but chuckle as my eyes take in the sight off Arnav, dressed in his Mask+ Cap disguise โ€“ waving at me from across to join him right outside that little barricaded line at the Ticket Counter โ€“ which is separated as the FastTrack que.

Ok.

Seriously.

I gotta give him full points on the Disguise yet again. Even though I know it is him behind the Mask this time around โ€“ I could totally be fooled (again)โ€“ say if this were my first time bumping into him out here.

I stride up faster in my steps looking around. Also there's just about a tad bit chill in the air.But Surprisingly - It's not extremely crowded around here even though it's Friday Night. But it isn't deserted too. Pretty much on the Middle Spectrum in terms of the crowd โ€“ which is why I spot him all set around the Fast-Track counter(again)? There's a longer que in the normal line.

The minute I reach him upfront he says happily โ€“ " hey you...good evening...Khushi...."

I grin back โ€“ " hey you..good evening to you too..full marks on the disguise yet again," I add further in a little whisper.

He nods and winks at me playfully โ€“ " I know right...," and we share a warm chuckle and he says instantly next โ€“ " okay..so...given that I was here about seven minutes prior โ€“ I got this figured out. If we take the fast track ticket โ€“ we can totally make it to the capsule in five minutes given that everyone else around is lined up in the normal que mostly.Also โ€“ I wanted to know if you would be comfortable โ€“ to be with me in a private capsule โ€“ so that it's just the two of us โ€“ and we can just talk without worries as in I don't have to worry about keeping my mask on..."

Oh.

Wait.

Private capsule with just the two of Us? A part of my mind stings off with its red alert alarm instantly but it's that comforting boring gaze of his into my eyes that tricks me into shutting the red alert alarm bit in co-operation with the other part of my mind which states a premise instantly. And the decisions been made.Its only going to be fair for Him if we have that privacy of the Private Capsule.I wouldn't want him to constantly keep worrying about being recognised for sure. Secondly โ€“ in my defence โ€“ this works for me too given that it takes away the risk of being seen with just Him (with his face visible)โ€“ in public too.

He keeps his gaze locked with mine โ€“ all amused as he asks โ€“ "so does this momentary silence mean a Yes or a No??"

I smile politely โ€“ " yes...okay..let's get the private capsule..but given that I know the tickets a tad more expensive for the same โ€“ I am totally going to Dutch in.."

He folds his arms around his chest โ€“ " hey...no way...please..."

I fold my arms across my chest determined about my stand โ€“ " yes way..please...we dutch in..or we don't get on..now you decide..."

He groans amused โ€“"now that doesn't leave me with much of a choice... does it Khushi??"

I nod.

He nods finally gesturing me to give him a high-five โ€“ " alright...let's do this then..we will dutch.."

I grin as I give him a high five and we make our way into the Ticket Line finally.

Once we reach the front and place the order for our tickets for the private capsule โ€“ the attende behind the counter asks โ€“ " alrighty..so a private capsule for the two of you? so you want it for the usual 30 minutes go around the Eye โ€“ or you want it for an hour โ€“ until about 10:00 pm which is our closing time??"

Arnav looks at me sideways as he asks โ€“ "an hour sounds better right????"

Oh Boy.

The Red Alert Alarms at the Back of My Head begin to swing in full motion.AGAIN.A full hour with him in the private capsule = me walking into a situation which is going to lead to some serious hangover off his Thoughts+ How cool he is - to deal with after. He has the knack to get me talking even if its 20 minutes. An hour's surely going to have more impact? Ughh.Why Ughh?

Because once again a part of my mind shuts those red alert alarms down and I end up giving him a nervous smile as I nod and say โ€“ " yup...an hour sounds good......"

What's wrong with me?

Nothing really. I just gotta blame his comfortable vibe+ friendly bubble for the Malfunctioning of my guarded switch yet again โ€“ perhaps?

He nods at me instantly โ€“ his eyes grinning down at me โ€“ as we begin to process our respective transactions.

The London Eye - in different Natural Light Settings

THE Capsule

THE Capsule

THE Capsule

Five Minutes Later

Khushi POV Continues

The minute we step into the Capsule and the door swings shut โ€“ I can't help but grin like an excited kid version of myself. I dump my bag on the oval seat in the middle and walk up straight to stand on the far end of the capsule (which faces the gorgeous views of River Thames and the other side of our London City)โ€“ keeping my hand snug on the railing โ€“ soaking the views in.

I'v been on The Eye โ€“ a Zillion freaking times. But every time I come here โ€“ I always tend to get excited about the views.

"That grin up your face tells me that you love coming on here โ€“ don't you??," he asks coming to stand next to me with his hand on the railings too. I look at him sideways and I admit grinning happily โ€“ "yup...you got that right...been here so many times and yet it seems like I can never get enough of these views...the views just feel different every single time..."

He nods and now that the Capsule's moving in its slow speed and it's just US โ€“ he finally takes off his mask and shoves it in his denim pockets and does the same with his Cap too shoving it in the other pocket and he grins turning to face me sideways leaning just his elbow on the railing comfortably and adds shooting me that effortlessly infectious grin โ€“ " well I get what you mean for sure...for I think the serenity of the views from here depends on so many other things..now doesn't it?? I mean even though the things in the scenery around are fixed in its place โ€“ there are so many other little factors that can influence our view towards it on any given day.."

That intrigues me obviously and I ask on reflex turning sideways to face him too adjusting my elbow on the railing just like him โ€“ "and I am quite intrigued to know that little factor list โ€“ according to your perceptive mind...wana give me a insight about it?"

He chuckles warmly and says โ€“ " yes...indeed...I can give you a peekaboo on a couple of those factors โ€“ for sure โ€“ but you gotta tell me simultaneously if it makes sense to you though??"

I nod as I say โ€“ " alrighty...done...come on then..shoot..."

He nods grinning and explains holding out a count on his fingers โ€“ " okay..then..so here we go. No 1 would be the timing of the day you come here of course. The difference of day/night/dusk obviously impacts the view with the change in the natural settings right? I mean it's the first time I am coming out here in the night and I can already say โ€“ that it feels so different too.so you tell me โ€“ does this make sense??"

I second that obviously โ€“ " yes that totally makes sense...lighting is a big influence..for sure..."

He goes on grinning โ€“ " great...so now coming to the second โ€“ factor - which โ€“ would be one's very own mood within their mind/ heart at the given moment in time. I mean โ€“ if one comes here feeling low/disturbed โ€“ they are surely going to transfer that energy to what they are seeing โ€“ the views won't feel as gorgeous/beautiful and if one comes here in a happy relaxed mode โ€“ the way one perceives the very same view โ€“ will be on a different tangent altogether..right? makes sense??"

I chuckle at that as I say โ€“ " gotta second that too Arnav..for yup...ones very own state of mind/mood is a big factor...but hey..what if one actually comes here in a rotten mood alone and ends up feeling all relaxed after? What would you call that??"

He grins and winks at me playfully โ€“ "I'd call that the Bird's eye view serenity factor in place..."

I grin inquisitive โ€“ " okay...wait..thats interesting...I don't think I'v heard that before..like...is that a thing? As in... is it like a lingo??"

He chuckles โ€“ " well...in my dictionary ..it totally is..."

I grin โ€“ " oh you mean it's something that took birth within the lanes of your perceptive mind??"

He winks mischievously โ€“ " probably.."

I nudge him to go on โ€“ " okay...so tell me about it...like...you cannot not give me the context of that..."

He chuckles and continues โ€“ "okay so โ€“ let's start with an example... see right now we are just beginning our descend up โ€“ things around the ground seem closer but when we will be right at the top โ€“ we will be at that point which will be giving us a bird's eye view and everything that was magnified in vision prior will begin to seem smaller โ€“ and it's on moments like those โ€“ its normal to think โ€“ that often as humans we spend too much time being caught up in our insecurities and our problems magnifying them in our head over and over and it is then we sometimes need to take that conscious step to just step back for a bit and look at our very own world with a bird's eye view angle โ€“ for things begin to seem different then. And as important as our very little world bubble is to us โ€“ it's sometimes helps to look at stuff that's bothering us from a broader perspective. Once the way you look at it changes- in comes the drive to find our own solutions. I mean โ€“ imagine โ€“ a question paper's never going to solve itself if ones just going to spend all that time reading the problems over and over โ€“ you gotta pick up the pen and begin to pen down your very own solutions/answers at some point in time right?? for we all got our respective question papers in Life to answer โ€“ no one else can take that exam for us โ€“ it's us whose gotta pick up the pen - we gotta act โ€“ it's like a duty we to owe to ourselves as individuals. So I think if anyone's ever stepped out off here โ€“ feeling all relaxed and sorted over the rotten mood prior its surely got everything to do with the Birds Eye View Serenity Factor that's done the trick in there...for sure. Because you see โ€“ at the end of the day โ€“ everything in our respective worlds narrows down to our vision/individual perceptions โ€“ also a probable reason why view observatories like these are often just named โ€“ The Eye โ€“ given the different angles of perceptions...it can get to play in different minds.so yup that's what it is... now you tell me does this makes sense to you???"

Ok.

Yes.

How does he do this again? Express such a deep sorted thought -out so easily?? He's also left me stumped โ€“ in a very deep way.

I nod soaking everything he just said in again โ€“ " yeah...it does...it makes total sense..".

And I pause because suddenly in my head โ€“ it feels like I totally get the gravity of his words and the deep perspective even more and I ask on reflex โ€“ " so it's just like there are so many people on these different capsules right now as The Eye moves and literally technically we are all being subjected to the same view โ€“ and yet โ€“ our perceptions/observations of the same are going to be so very personal โ€“ given how we are taking this in our line of individual vision/ perception??and each of these perceptions are unique in their own way โ€“ there's so need to tag it with the usual right's or wrong's..."

He grins โ€“ " Bingoo that...you do get me...you know. I mean โ€“ usually my friends often shoot me narrowed eyes amused looks when I talk out my perceptions. But you โ€“ always have that look of genuine understanding as if it clicks in your head โ€“ for Real.."

I give him a polite smile โ€“ " maybe because โ€“ it does click for real.."

He winks at me playfully โ€“ " I am glad it does...,"and our eyes lock on reflex and I end up asking in the flow โ€“ " so any other little factor that can affect our vision of the view??"

He chuckles โ€“ " yup โ€“ another little external one for sure which would be the company โ€“ you come here with ...its obviously going to fun if you are out here with the people that make you happy..like your friends/family...agree?? Or suppose even if you just come here by yourself doing your thing like listening to music etc โ€“ as long as you are in the middle of enjoying your very own company or the ones you are with โ€“ it's going to be a significant factor of influence. What would your opinion on the same be?"

I nod at that with a genuine smile โ€“ " well I do...agree to that too...,"and our eyes lock again as I wonder in my head silently. But Arnav.You aren't like one off my Old Friends/Family โ€“ you are somebody I just met randomly.Then why is it feeling so Chill/Calm/Sorted/Serene โ€“ looking out of here with Just you up here next to me??Especially when I am also supposed to be Marking My Distance from You??

I look away from him finally โ€“ and turn to face the Gorgeous Night View from the Eye. We are on ยฝ the way up from this side already.

He asks chipping in pointing out to the yatches/cruises sailing up on Thamesโ€“ " so... have you been on that little touristy cruise up on Thames??"

I admit โ€“ " ofcourse..so many times...it's one of our favourite things to do..."

He asks inquisitive โ€“ "our??"

I admit causally โ€“ "our as in...my group of friends...we love to go on the same..,"and I turn to look at him sideways โ€“ " have you been on one??"

He admits all smiles with a casual shrug โ€“ "always wanted to โ€“ but the plan always ended up getting cancelled. It's been on my list for sure. Let's see.. hopefully this time around before I leave London.."

Ahaan.

That bit sinks in with a reminder alarm in the red alert part of mind that he is a Touring Cricketer.The other part of my mind โ€“ Snoozes the thought shut โ€“ once again.

I answer looking upfront again โ€“ " well..I hope...you are able to go on the same this time around.Also you wana know a fun fact??"

He nods inquisitive โ€“ " totally..."

I answer โ€“ " The Tower Bridge up there in view โ€“ is often confused to be the London Bridge โ€“ when in reality โ€“ there are just two different bridges.Both are over Thames yes โ€“ and in very close proximity but they are technically different. And it's the Tower Bridge that's more majestic actually..."

"

He nods and says grinning โ€“ " ahaa

He nods and says grinning โ€“ " ahaa...really??"

I nod and I explain pointing my finger out โ€“ " yup โ€“ see for yourself...that is the Tower bridge..and when we are descending down the Eye from the other side โ€“ I will show you the London Bridge โ€“ than you tell me โ€“ which one is more majestic in your opinion...alright??"

He nods grinning โ€“ " alrighty..,"and he rolls his eyes in self disappointment as he exclaims suddenly brushing his hands over his face โ€“ " godammit me โ€“ I did it again..didn't I??"

I ask puzzled โ€“ "did what??"

He exclaims amused locking his gaze with mine yet again โ€“ " in the middle of all our chatter โ€“ I totally forgot to ask you how your day was?? I mean โ€“ your grin and cheerful relaxed vibe did tell me that it was a good day โ€“ but nonetheless โ€“ you tell me โ€“ how did the celebration with the Shepherd's Pie go????"

I grin at that โ€“ " well yup...you are right about that. The day was really good...and...,"and I pause for a second as I take in the mirth dancing on his face. Wait? How does he know about my Shepherd's Pie celebration??

I look at him dazed โ€“ surprised and shocked as I ask gaping at him โ€“ " wait..wait..wait..what did you just say?? As in โ€“ how do you know about my celebration with my Shepherd's Pie..."

And just like that he breaks into spurts of effortlessly infectious laughter as he walks back to the oval seat in the middle of our Capsule and sits on it and continues to laugh as he says โ€“ " nope...my imagination didn't do your expression of surprise and shock justice right now..at all....for sure...it was way better..than what I had anticipated..."

And I pace up to stand in front off him as I ask puzzled โ€“ " huh?? What do you mean??,"and momentarily his breezy happy laugh gets the better of me leading me into a chuckle as I ask gaping at him โ€“ " come on Arnav..please....answer me already..."

He nods straightening up on his spot and he says โ€“ " I know because I overheard your Mum expressing the same while she was heading out the Lord's Indoor Nets area as in โ€“ towards the parking lot..Dr Alice(the Head Senior Physio Doc with the England Team) โ€“ is your Mum isn't she??"

I look at him zapped โ€“ " what?? how do you know that??"

He chuckles and goes on โ€“ " so she was talking to her collegue about the same...I saw you this evening at the Lords in the parking lot Khushiโ€“ you were chatting up with a couple of support staff from Englan's unit and Smith ..as in Brian Smith and just when I was wondering why would you be there. I spotted your Mum crossing by...and everything she was saying+ what I saw after โ€“ clicked in my head leading to the premise that she was your Mum.....indeed...."

I gape at him in surprise โ€“ " wait...what? you were there at the Lord's today? How??"

He nods grinning โ€“ " yup..I was...we had the Nets too..."

I ask puzzled โ€“ " Wait..but don't the teams usually have separate nets sessions??"

He nods โ€“ " yup โ€“ but given that the game starts tomorrow and both our teams wanted a couple of hours in the indoor nets for this last warm up - we split the halls...eventually..."

I nod in an understanding so glad that I didn't run into Rob then and I ask โ€“ " okay...details about this please?? I mean โ€“ I surely didn't spot you..."

He nods and gestures me to come sit next to him as he says โ€“ " I know...but I am glad that I did...why don't you sit for a bit โ€“ it's still a couple of minutes until we reach the top โ€“ you'v been standing for a while too..."

And I nod and I begin to pace up the bench and he suddenly shifts on the other side of the oval bench facing me and gestures me to sit up opposite him so that we are face to face and just as I nod and take my seat โ€“ he begins to fill me in over it all.

Five minutes later โ€“ once he is done telling me all about the same โ€“ he asks โ€“ " so yeah...tell me then Khushi...how was the double celebration with the Shepherd's Pie after? I am so happy for you โ€“ on both regards โ€“ your Mum's scans being clear and the scholarship too โ€“ It's got to do with your Masters in Animation โ€“ I guess??"

I nod at him grinning and just like that โ€“ I end up talking to him about both. The context of my happiness over my scholarship and the reason why it was so important to me and also the bit over how great โ€“ our celebration over the Shepherd's Pie was โ€“ where in all my friends joint in too.

And once I am done telling him all of that I ask him leaning my hands back on the bench behind on either of my sides โ€“ "so how was your day then Arnav??? I mean โ€“ of course practice and everything hectic โ€“ for sure?? right??"

He nods happily and answers โ€“ " yup...it was crazy sweats in practice for sure...super intense...,"and he begins to talk about how his day since morning was โ€“ and I find myself sitting there listening onto him so intrigued โ€“ as if talking about each other's day in this casual comfortable vibe was like the most normal thing to do on either of our ends.

The Red Alert Alarms in my head keep buzzing and that other part of my mind keeps -Snoozing the Damm thing off.

Seven more minutes later once we are done talking about our day โ€“ he says grinning looking around โ€“ " okay...wait...here...we are...right at the top..the capsule will pause just here for a couple of minutes right??"

I nod โ€“ " yup...for about two minutes before the descend begins again to the other side.."

He gestures with his thumb mischievously to the point by the railing โ€“ "come on then โ€“ lets' get to the view point.."

I nod and we get up and walk up there and the minute we come to stand in our prior position by the edge of the capsule(with our hands on the railing)โ€“ he asks after looking out towards the skyline for a second before his intent yet comfortable gaz...

I nod and we get up and walk up there and the minute we come to stand in our prior position by the edge of the capsule(with our hands on the railing)โ€“ he asks after looking out towards the skyline for a second before his intent yet comfortable gaze locks with mine again โ€“ " so โ€“ that conflict in your eyes yesterday over us bumping into each other the way we did and you running away that day at the Thorpe Park...was it because of how closely your Mum works with the England Cricket Team..Khushi?? I mean given the fact that we are naturally competitors as sporting countries/units"

I gulp down my nervousness as I admit โ€“ "yeah...kind off...Arnav......"

He smiles โ€“ that uber comforting one placing his hand over mine on the railing โ€“ " well...I get it but Khushi there's nothing to be worried/overwhelmed about from my end on the same for sure....because I'v obviously seen your Mum around the England team for years right? and in fact both our supporting units have always been polite and cordial towards one another...also gotta say โ€“ that from what I'v heard..she's a great doctor in the field that she is... you know...your Mum..."

I smile at that as I admit โ€“ " yup...that she surely is..she is amazing at what she does. She loves her job immense...but....Arnav..ummm..that's just a part reason..as in...Mum's work with the England team is just a part reason...,"and he asks comfortably clutching on my hand gently in support over the railing again โ€“ " yes...Khushi...go on..what is it? you wana say something else??

Him clutching on my hand in the supportive ways he just did also โ€“ seems like as if it were the most natural thing to do.

I nod now looking at him directly in the eye for a second as I say โ€“ " yes I want too..say something...but can I get to that on our second round up here?? Is it okay if we talk something else for now?? I am just in the middle off prepping myself to get to talking out that point to you..."

He nods with an instant understanding flashing his eyes as he clutches on my hand again and says warmly โ€“ " ofcourse...its okay..Khushi...take your time...please talk about it..when you are comfortable okay??"

I smile at him. I like the way he doesn't push me. He respects my Space plus my Comfort.

And as he diverts the topic to some touristy stuff talking about all the observations - he seems to be looking at differently from his view up here this time around in the night โ€“ a thought flashes through my Head.

What thought?

That the reason why I always retreated to my shell of being a part introvert with regards to talking about how I feel (apart from talking about it the usual core close group in my friends and family)/about my personal things was maybe because I always felt so sceptical in my gut+ vibe over what judgements, perceptions, assumptions/presumptions they would form about me in their heads. And for the first time โ€“ ever โ€“ I was standing in front off someone โ€“ I had just met off late โ€“ that I was so comfortable around that I had no vibe of scepticism ruling my mind at all for it just felt in this vibe in here that โ€“ he's not the kinds to form unnecessary harsh judgements/ jump to conclusions/perceptions by sticking to viewing things just from his perspective?He's the one who likes to Respect โ€“ a Perspective as much โ€“ even if it's totally different one from His. He doesn't seem to be the one โ€“ to look down upon others โ€“ if they think differently. He just seems to be more keen towards understanding the existence of those differences in views?

Is that why I feel/have felt so comfortable โ€“ to step out of my Shell around him?

I don't know whether that is the Clear Dynamics of the strange workings in the middle of two of us. But what I do know โ€“ is strangely enough โ€“ for the first time ever โ€“ I'v met someone(apart from my close friends/family that I have otherwise known for years) - whose come knocking on the door of my Shell wanting to peekaboo in โ€“ and something within me feels instantly comfortable with the idea off opening that locked door โ€“ to Him โ€“ even though there's also another part of my head issuing out regular warnings to hold that Door Shut.

Twenty - Five Minutes Later

In the Middle of the Second Round Up the Eye

In the Middle of the Second Round Up the Eye

Arnav's POV

Guys.

I am having the Best Time ever!

Period.

Also โ€“ her laughs kind off growing on me โ€“ along with that relaxed twinkle in her eye โ€“ given that she really has been in her comfortable zone around me โ€“ this evening.

Also we are now in the middle of our Second round up the Eye โ€“ and ever since she said โ€“ that she wanted to voice the other reason for her conflict in this second round up โ€“ I just diverted the topics off discussion to general stuff. Because even though the impatient part of my head has been in the Guess mode โ€“ over the same - I am not going to overwhelm her by not respecting her space and pace. Plus - I do not want to see that Flip the Switch on her eyes in works around me โ€“ obviously โ€“ which is why it's important for me to let her be as is too!

But โ€“ nonetheless.

It's been so much Fun in the last twenty-five minutes anyway โ€“ given that we'v had some touristy discussions + when she actually gestured the London Bridge out to me in far vision when we were going down the other side โ€“ I couldn't agree more that the Tower Bridge was obviously more majestic even though both the bridges had their very own English vintage charm. And then we'v had conversations about our close group of friends. Yup. She's talked to me about Maya/Sarah/Brian/Jack and I could sense by her loving tone that she's really close to them. I even talked to her about my equation with my close friends from the team โ€“ and after this our conversations tread to our families. I talked about my close equation with my parents, my siblings and she's talked about how her maternal grandparents have always been so supportive in helping her Mum raise her.(Her Mum took the job with the England national squad โ€“ only after Khushi turned 10. Uptil then Dr Alice had been working with the county cricket clubs in London so that most of her travel was within the country.) And then โ€“ our conversations โ€“ treaded to F1 again โ€“ where in she did share her experience about watching the British Grand Prix live last year with her friends at the Silverstone motor racing circuit.

So yeah โ€“ we'v just been chatting non-stop โ€“ all this while. And you know what's the icing on the cake in my head? Wait. You will hear it because I am just about to say it loud to her the minute, we finish chatting up about F1.

I ask her now once our chatter about F1 near its end - as we are still sitting facing each other on this oval bench in our capsule - just about seven minutes away from reaching the Top this second time around โ€“ " Khushi...can I say something??"

She nods happily her eyes twinkling โ€“ " yup...sure..but before that...Arnav... will you just admit again โ€“ that you are so envious over the fact that I watched the British Grand Prix live last year..."

I chuckle happily as I admit โ€“ "yessss....okay...I have no qualms in saying that a zillion freaking times over...for sure Khushi..."

We share a warm chuckle and she asks โ€“ " okay..so what is it that you wana say??"

I admit locking my gaze with hers so that she knows by the look of my eye that I really mean this โ€“ "you knows what's the icing on the cake in here..at my end??"

She asks puzzled looking around the Capsule โ€“ "in here??as in??"

I gesture with a subtle gesture of the hand towards her and me โ€“ "as in โ€“ in between all our comfortable chatter โ€“ this evening and even prior??"

She asks instantly her hands fidgeting with one another as it grips together in a hold โ€“ " ahaan? ok..I get what you mean now...so.. what is this icing on the cake at your end??"

I admit honestly โ€“ "It's the bit that you really freaking get me for that deep perceptive version of myself that I am. As in โ€“ you don't shoot me weird judgemental looks every time I bring a different perceptive meaning into the context. You are genuinely keen to know my take on the same and your vibe constantly mirrors the bit to me that you simply understand- which feels great because most of the times โ€“ everyone just sees the jovial bloke version of myself more...it's just my close ones in my family and friends circle that see the equal glimpses of both my versions โ€“ because I am so comfortable around them. So the way you seem to get this side of me is just kind of amazing...for no one's ever understood this side of me simply..as if it were the most natural thing...you know in the sense โ€“ it usually takes people some time to get this side off me โ€“ and by that some time I mean โ€“ they begin to understand where I am coming from on these angles after theyv known me like generally for months or so...which isn't the case at all when it comes to you โ€“ which is also why โ€“ I used the words โ€“ icing on the cake at my end...."

She chuckles nervously at that as she asks locking her gaze with mine โ€“ " really? you really mean that??"

I nod honestly โ€“ " yup...I surely do..."

She whispers softly looking away from my eyes right now(making my insides groan in part disappointment) and she continues to fidget with her hands too โ€“ "thanks for that...really Arnav...and to be honest ...I think the icing on the cake at my end with regards to our comfortable chatter would be the bit that โ€“ you don't seem like the person who would judge/presume/jump to hasty conclusions in your heads giving importance to just your viewpoints โ€“ you respect the difference in perspectives โ€“ comfortably โ€“ with no hang ups or sourness in there...plus you also respect the other's space and pace โ€“ which just kind off makes me wana talk to you โ€“ too...."

I chuckle as I wink at her playfully โ€“ " well โ€“ thanks for that โ€“ Khushi..."

She asks now inquisitive โ€“ " but seriously...how are you so sorted in your head with regards to the latter though?? I mean isn't it just so natural for us as humans to just form judgements and biases based on just one's perceptions... I think we all do it at times...I mean I may not like to be judged but now that I think off it โ€“ I can't really say that I haven't done the very same thing in my head...with regards to some one else..."

I shrug casually as I admit โ€“ "ofcourse its natural for us to form the same as humans...but over time...as I'v travelled the world, interacted with so many different people - I just began to realise that there's no fun in drawing judgements/harsh conclusions in advance within the walls of one's head. It's more fun to learn the art to respect differences in opinions/and take joy in simply learning the reasons why those differences exist and then even if you don't necessarily agree to a viewpoint โ€“ it's fun to learn how to disagree on cordial friendly terms โ€“ it's fun to not be in that usual race of oh you convince me or I convince you with my opinion. It's just been more fun for me to just learn how to accept and co-exist happily with the different viewpoints from mine โ€“ for iv realised that I learn more as an individual that way ..I just kind off evolve more in my very own mind..that way...you get what I mean??"

She chuckles at that โ€“ " well yes...I do get you and even more clearly now...plus...that's a cool way to look at it you know ..."

I chuckle and she asks now softly fidgeting with her hands again โ€“ " so.....can I ask you something..it's kind of personal...??"

The constant fidget with her hands begins to tell me that she is nervous. My hands reach out to clutch hers on its own accord as I say giving her a warm supportive smile โ€“ " sure go on...but hey Khushi...don't be this nervous...relax..whatever your question is โ€“ you know I ain't going to grow a shark bubblehead at the mention off it??"

She looks up at me instantly at that and breaks into a comfortable chuckle as she says โ€“ " ok...but...just imaging a shark bubblehead over your head right now kinda cracks me up for real..."

Bingo.
Mission Accompalished.

I told you all. Her Laugh's growing on Me.

I ask โ€“ " so what is it that you wana ask??"

She asks โ€“ "so... your ex โ€“ the one who you talked about the other day at the Thorpe Park โ€“ that she broke up with you because she didn't wana do long distance anymore โ€“ who is it? as in is it Roohi Arora? Or anyone else?? So before you ask why I mentined Roohi - The Bollywood singer is because you know we did spot some speculations in the media and stuff on and off with rumours about the two of you a couple of years ago but then the fact the two of you never spoke about your relationship in public just led to no clarity on the same.And then you both were just stopped being seen altogether after โ€“ leading everyone to think there was no truth in it โ€“ which is why I was just curious to know โ€“ was it her? Or someone else??"

I chuckle at that on reflex as I ask โ€“ " okay..really? you were so nervous about asking me this??"

She nods narrowing her eyes at me in embarrassment โ€“ " yeah..kind off...it's personal isn't it??"

I nod โ€“ " well yeah...but I don't have any qualms about answering the same. So yup โ€“ you got the first bit right โ€“ it was Roohi. We just never spoke about it public โ€“ and to be honest we were both equally glad that we didn't because it saved us from the media eyes after โ€“ but even though โ€“ she technically dumped me because of reasons you know anyway โ€“ she maintained the stand to everyone on her end that we called it quits together. Where in on my end โ€“ I was just honest to everyone about the equation. I did not try to cover it up. Yeah it sucks being dumped. But hey it is what it is right??"

Khushi nods in an instant understanding and she asks further โ€“ " yup...so do you mind if I ask you something further on that??"

I answer instantly โ€“ "ofcourse not...go on..ask me..."

She asks โ€“ " how did you feel about the same though?as in the bit where in she didn't technically voice to everyone at her end that she was the one who dumped you...is that what helped you move past the grudge in your head over time? "

I admit honestly โ€“ " well to be honest โ€“ I was perplexed about the same in the beginning for a bit because I didn't understand in my head why would she do that for a cover up. She was the one who wanted Out. So why mask that intention? But then eventually I was like โ€“ it's just not my place to probably understand perhaps??she's free to take her own stands โ€“ just like I am free to take mine. But no to the latter โ€“ this was not what helped me move past the grudge. What actually helped me move past that grudge in my head was the bit where in eventually months down the line - I realised that by holding onto the grudge/leftover hurt โ€“ I was kind off just chaining myself to it all nonetheless โ€“ as if the ties of what was โ€“ still had the power to influence/hold me prisoner โ€“ so the minute that realisation sank in โ€“ I knew that to set myself free โ€“ I had to let go of the grudge...but then again... it was a process โ€“ one cannot come to terms with this overnight...if one was emotionally invested to some tangents in a relationship even if it was not Love...."

She asks instantly deep in thought โ€“ "ahannnn.... so you mean โ€“ you were not like in love with her or something??"

I admit honestly โ€“ " I was edging there surely.But No. Things ended before I handed my heart to her completely โ€“ emotionally...but yeah like I said I was emotionally invested to some extent for sure โ€“ because that's just how I roll. Either I do relationships with proper investment of my time and emotions letting them take its natural course โ€“ or I just don't do them at all. There's never been any other casual-middle ground for me. I cannot do no strings attached sorts of business personally because I do eventually get invested with my emotional energies...I just really need to wana know and like the one I wana be with to some extent โ€“ prior.....but once again..this is just my thing...I totally respect the various different mindsets about the same..like you know to each their own..."

She nods โ€“ " okay โ€“ I get you now on that too..,"and she looks up and asks โ€“ " so remember the other day I talked about my Ex?"

I nod at the memory โ€“ " ahaan...what about him??"

She sighs โ€“ " so I just found out this evening that he didn't tell anyone at his end that he dumped me too as in he just told his friends that we called it quits together...which is why I am at the stage of feeling all perplexed about the same...because I am so confused because one part of me wants to thank him for the same for Mum's sake โ€“ and the other just doesn't wana say anything at all..."

I ask puzzled โ€“ "wait..what do you mean for your Mum's sake??"

She sighs as she gets off the bench instantly and walks to the spot near the railing as we have almost reached the Top this time around and I get up and join her instantly puzzled and she sighs keeping her hand on the railing โ€“ " so this is kind off intertwined and complicated as in its about that little more context into that conflict...Arnav...."

I ask โ€“ " you mean about the other reason why you were so conflicted about spotting me for who I am ...which is why you also ran away the other day??"

She nods.

I look at her puzzled โ€“ " okay...so...what is it??"

She sighs with all that conflict back to momentary take over her eyes โ€“ " so what I meant prior by Mum's sake is that โ€“ a part of me does want to move past the grudge faster and not feel bitter because its put Mum in an awkward spot given that she works with him as in with my ex - super closely. And the fact that โ€“ I ran away from you that day after spotting you for who you were...was also because....He kind of works with you too โ€“ as in my EX...you probably don't know him personally โ€“ but professionally you most surely do..."

Wait.

Wait.

What?????????????

I know her Ex? Professionally? Works with her Mum closely? Could only relate to one thing โ€“ He's a cricketer too??with the England Team? Could it be Smith? Nah. I don't think so -given the comfortable vibe in that casual group chatter I spotted.

Ok.

I need to know! If my premise turns out to be True โ€“ it's going to be a freaky coincidence for sure!

I ask it out loud โ€“ " wait up...hold on...so you mean โ€“ he is a cricketer too? as in does he play for the England Team??"

She nods locking her nervous gaze with mine โ€“ " yup he does...and you know him really well professionally โ€“ given that you'v got the better of his bat in the last six years every freaking single time India's played England and you are both in the playing 11 on that day...you are kind of like his arch nemesis on the field...."

Oh Hell.

I know where she is going with this.

Robert Wilson.

Ohk. This is Crazy โ€“ indeed. No wonder she ran away the way she did โ€“ feeling all frazzled. Wilson's only been cordial to me otherwise due to sporty customaries. At the back of his head โ€“ he probably doesn't really like me. But that's just his judgement โ€“ because he doesn't really know Me.

And I ask all zapped sure that she could read the surprise in my eyes โ€“ " Wilson? Robert Wilson??you were dating Wilson...??"

She nods and shoots me a nervous smile โ€“ " yup...you got that right. Rob's my ex โ€“ and the minute I spotted you for who you were โ€“ it just got so awkward in my head because of course I know the gaming dynamic in between you two...on field...,"and she sighs and adds โ€“ " infact ever since then I'v just had this thought at the back of my head too โ€“ that no matter what happened โ€“ I don't know if me bumping /chatting up with you this way is like me being disrespectful to my past with him โ€“ I'v been really confused over the same because a part of me doesn't have a concrete answer to that. You know its swinging in between maybe โ€“ maybe not...you get what I mean don't you?,"but before I can answer her - she adds next in a rush with a nervous smile โ€“ " plus โ€“ just that morning as in the 16th Feb โ€“ I was kind off telling myself on my way to the Thorpe park that I gotta maintain an arms distance from Cricketers for a while โ€“ given that I'v just been dumped by one and am still nursing the grudge/leftover hurt โ€“ but as chance would have it - it was right then I bumped into you....soo imagine my shock when I saw you behind that Mask...,"she finishes with a nervous chuckle looking down at her feet momentarily.

Ok.

Wait.

This is the Heights off โ€“ A Crazy Coincidence indeed.

Ofcourse I get where she is coming from.

But โ€“ at the same time I cannot help but send out a Curse at Wilson.(The perceptive part of me wants me to not jump to hasty conclusions โ€“ but โ€“ I gotta think about that later)

As of Now. This very Moment. I do need to Curse him โ€“ in my Head. Mentally โ€“ at the least.

Dammit.F****You Wilson.After being single for two long years โ€“ I finally meet this one girl whose caught my interest in these crazy magnetic ways(like no one ever has ever before) and you just had to be the one to put her off -Cricketer's. You were surely a jerk to her โ€“ given that you dumped her for whatever reasons you did and now all because of you she's probably got all those Alarms about staying at an arms distance from Cricketers - buzzing in her head.

Godammit You. Just wait till I see you in the Game tomorrow. If we bowl in first(just incase we lose the Toss)- Am Gona aim for your freaking stumps from the very first Ball โ€“ this time around.

Yeah.

That's how pissed I am at you for dumping Khushi in abrupt ways.

Why would you??????She's freaking Wonderful.

But wait. In comes another thought.

If things hadn't ended in between the two in which ever ways it did โ€“ she would still be dating Rob โ€“ which means she wouldn't have been Single which equates into the bit that I wouldn't stand any chance in anyway whatsoever! Atleast right now โ€“ maybe I do stand a chance โ€“ given if I stick to getting to know her better as friends? Get her to feel more accustomed in feeling comfortable around me????And see how it goes from there? At โ€“ least โ€“ I have that chance to start from the Starting Point??????

Yeah.

And Damm Me โ€“ if I didn't make the most of It.

Also Freaking Damm You. Godammit Wilson.

I am right on that thought when I hear her say nervously stepping a little away from me about to turn around to look at the view โ€“ " okay...so you are shocked..and surprised..yes that bit's totally on your face...Arnav.. but given that you are all silent...still and have been that way for the last two minutes...makes me wonder that you probably think I was just crazy to feel conflicted because of this..perhaps??"

I pull out of my inner rant of curses at Wilson nonetheless as I process the situation in my head and act on it on reflex as I hold her by the arm gently stopping her from turning around and I admit looking straight into her eyes โ€“ "no...please...don't think that...Khushi...I do not think you are crazy to feel conflicted because of the same. In fact I get where you are coming fromโ€“ totally. I was just taken aback by the crazy coincidence of it all โ€“ that's all. I understand..alright????"

She shoots me a relieved smile at that as she asks placing her elbow on the railing โ€“ " really? you understand don't you??you get how crazy this is don't you??"

I nod.Which is why its going to be so much more Fun to Clean Bowl โ€“ Wilson's Stumps this time around and every single time after too โ€“ I add to myself silently.

And I ask next stepping into her a little closer with my hand still on her arm โ€“ " but I need to know one thing from you surely โ€“ Khushi. About that maybe โ€“ maybe not bit โ€“ as in do you really think us being friends โ€“ could be disrespectful to your past with Rob for real?"

She asks nervously โ€“ " wait...wait..wait...what??you wana be friends with me nonetheless??you mean...this situation with Rob โ€“ doesn't bother you??"

I nod instantly feeling glad that - that was the part of the sentence she caught onto first and I add determinedโ€“ "ofcourse I wana be friends with you nonetheless. It doesn't bother me Khushi. He was your Ex. It's your past. We all have one. And I respect that. It could have been anyone else too โ€“ just a coincidence that it was him. So nonetheless there's no doubt about the bit that I wana get to know you better and be friends with you.I mean you tell me โ€“ Even though we just only met โ€“ We get each other - don't we??"

She nods โ€“ in a deep silence.

I ask on reflex โ€“ " also... Does your resolution in the mind say - that you can't be friends with a cricketer too?? I mean there's no harm in that right??""

She chuckles at that โ€“ " well now that you put it that way โ€“ and after everything we spoke prior today - my resolution does sound judgemental/presumptuous in my very own head for a second. But yeah โ€“ you are right..perhaps?there's no harm in being friends. We can totally be friends...Arnav..."

I ask again because I need to know her take on this for now โ€“ "also the bit about us being friends being disrespectful to Rob....is this your perspective? Or you think you are partially voicing his presumed future perspective on the same? given that you know him better than I do...personally..."

She states her eyes giving her nervousness away โ€“ " so..from my personal perspective โ€“ after everything that happened with him - I do feel like I am not being disrespectful to my past with him by being friends with you so yeah โ€“ maybe the part of my head that's known him prior is acting up giving me these thoughts about his presumed future take on the same...eventually...because of your gaming rivalry on field...I guess??

Great.

I like what I am listening.

I place my other hand over her's on the railing with the other one still placed gently on her arm โ€“ "and whose perspective do you care about more Khushi? Your's in the present? Or what would his be in the future??"

She looks away from my eyes trying to flip the switch on her eyes momentarily and I state warmly and gently โ€“ " don't ..please...don't flip the switch on me right now Khushi and look away..please..just...look at me...and maybe just try to tell me whose perspective do you care about more?"

She looks up at me nervously finally and sighs โ€“ " mine ofcourse...Arnav...Rob's not a part of my life anymore โ€“ alright?and its going to stay that way.Yes I am still nursing the grudge โ€“ but it's over in between of us โ€“ the way he chose to end things abruptly just kind of put me off everything that was. I do not even reminisce over what was. Plus now that I say it out loud โ€“ It feels like I'd be crazy to give more weightage to his future perspective over my very own in the present โ€“ perhaps??"

I break into a Full โ€“ Fledged โ€“ Grin โ€“ as I hear that from her and I say with a playful wink โ€“ " I like the sound of that..Khushi...thank you for letting me know...."

Khushi gapes at me amused โ€“ "okay...but what's so funnyy??as in why are you grinning this way all of a sudden??"

I wink at herโ€“ " maybe..because I am just so glad that you wana prioritize your perspective Khushi..."

She shrugs her shoulders casually โ€“ "alrighty..okay...,"and as I spot the London Bridge in far vision yet again during our descend down the other side - I distract her with some โ€“ touristy topic again(because I want to instantly take her mind off everything โ€“ Rob) โ€“ and I am glad that she's all normal as we fall into our casual chatter.

25 Minutes Later

By This Food Truck โ€“ Out and Near Around The London Eye

By This Food Truck โ€“ Out and Near Around The London Eye

( Please Imagine a Night Setting)

10:15 PM

Arnav's POV Continues

Khushi shoots me a sheepish look as she states digging into her portion off Halloumi fries taking her seat across off me on this little stool by this food truck โ€“ " okay seriously...Arnav...I am feeling guilty for munching this out in front of you right now given that I pressume you will not even take a bite of junk โ€“ as its match day tomorrow...which is why you just got yourself that Kale Green Vegetable Juice.."

I chuckle happily and nod at her โ€“ just enjoying the sight of her digging into her fries nonetheless as I take my seat after adjusting my Cap snug in placeโ€“ " you got that right..Khushi..but please no need to feel guilty about the same..I love my green juice...as much as you love your fries..."

She chuckles and nods and digs in to take another bite and she pauses in between as her eyes widen a little as she asks โ€“ " but wait...how are you going to drink it up โ€“ if you don't take your mask off???,"and she looks around and states โ€“ " okay โ€“ there's not many people around here and you are just facing me right now given the situation of our seats โ€“ so I think its safe to tug on your mask half away at the least.."

I nod at her tucking down my mask a little so that I can sip my juiceโ€“ " yup...so that's exactly what I was going to do..,"and she gives me a happy nod and begins to eat.

So.

The minute we got off the Eye and were making our way out โ€“ I spotted this FoodTruck around and I asked her if she was hungry and up for a little snack?.The main reason for the same was also the part that I did not like the bit where in my time around with her was nearing it's end โ€“ which is why I just extended it a little.

I am glad I did.

Also.

It's getting difficult for me to just take my eyes off her right now. The sight of her enjoying her fries the way she is โ€“ is wonderful. Almost makes me imagine the imaginary sight off her enjoying her Shepherd's Pie this evening -in my head.

She says now as I am in the middle of sipping my juice โ€“ " so...the taxi stand from here is just a ten minute walk away...you know I can totally eat on my way there as well โ€“ if you are in a rush โ€“ given that its game tomorrow? I mean I don't wana hold you up โ€“ Arnav.."

Oh.Khushi.

I am in No Rush.

Its not even 10:30 PM yet.

I answer instantly โ€“ " don't worry about it at all โ€“ Khushi. The hotels just a 7 minute cab ride away for me...,"and I ask further โ€“ " what about for you?? as in your home?? Is it far much from here??"

She smiles munching on her fries โ€“ " not really far. About a twenty minute cab ride. So usually I take the tubes around but Mum's just more comfortable if I cab it back home if I am stepping out alone and its after 10. I mean โ€“ if I am with Maya/Sarah or even Brian/Jack during late evenings โ€“ we just tube it back โ€“ always..."

I nod + the curious part of my head makes me ask โ€“ " so your friends live near you too??"

She nods grinning โ€“ " yup โ€“ we all just live within 500 meters in West Acton"

And right then a thought strikes me and I voice it out instantly after taking another sip of my juice โ€“ " so โ€“ those two girls with you on your display picture on Instagram โ€“ that's Maya and Sarah I figure??"

Her hands pause in the middle of taking the next bite of her fries in and she gapes at me in shock yet again blinking her eyes back at me โ€“ four times and I ask amused โ€“ " What???? why are you so shocked???"

She says now โ€“ " because of what you just said obviously Arnav. You searched me up on Instagram??"

I admit grinning โ€“ " ofcourse I did Khushi โ€“ the minute you told me what your name was...,"and I pause to admit โ€“ " such a bummer that your profile was listed private though for all I got to see was that little group picture..."

She shoots me a nervous smile as she states with another nod before biting back into her fries โ€“ " yup โ€“ it's them โ€“ as in its Maya and Sarah in that picture with me...and ofcourse my privacy setting is private Arnav โ€“ I ain't a public figure/celebrity..on that note โ€“ congratulations on your 17million followers on the Gram. Sarah showed me that article...."

I ask next channelising my mischievous self for a bit โ€“ " ahaa...okay...thanks for that...but...was that after you talked to her about bumping into me or prior?? Or did you spot that bit yourself on my page โ€“ you know just in case you were checking my Instagram out..."

Please say that you were.

She chuckles nervously taking another bite off her fries and rolls her eyes at me โ€“ " stop being cheeky...alright?"

I wink at her โ€“ " why is that a problem??"

She chuckles โ€“ " not really..,"and bites into her fries again.

And I dig my phone outta my pocket grinning to myself with my intention to start following on Instagram when she asks โ€“ " wait...why are you smiling that way?? What are you upto??"

I look at her โ€“ " following you Instagram obviously.."

Her eyes widen at that as she states โ€“ " no way...please...I mean you can't do that..with your celebrity public profile and everything โ€“ you only follow like what 200 people on the Gram which are surely from your sporting circle/ close friends/family etc...so yeah...don't..please...it might just grab unnecessary attention..."

I grin at that. Hell Yeah. Party in my Head.She checked out My Instagram for sure.

" So...given that you do know that I only follow 200 people from my official profile page โ€“ it means you looked me up too...,"I add with a wink โ€“ " come on...admit it already..."

Khushi rolls her eyes shoving another piece of fry into her mouth โ€“ " ugghhh โ€“ fine โ€“ I only looked it up on the first two days because I had to reconfirm with my eyes that the person I really saw behind the mask that day was You..."

I chuckle and wink at her โ€“ " ahaaan...really? just for that?"

She gapes at me amused โ€“ " Arnav..please...stop..."

I grin taking another sip of my juice โ€“ " okay khushi...I will stop...but hey...this is so unfair โ€“ you get to see my social media because its set to public โ€“ and I don't get to see your's??,"and as an idea strikes me I say grinning โ€“ " alrighty..I will just make another random profile โ€“ so that you are more comfortable with me following you from that... for now..."

She gapes at me in that dazed โ€“ zapped โ€“ surprised way again as she asks โ€“ " your kidding right? you don't mean that? do you?"

I grin enjoying the shocked expressions up her face โ€“ " ofcourse I mean it. also know what? ill name my disguised profile as โ€“ tp160219 โ€“ tp for Thorpe park and the numbers because that's the date when I met you...and ill follow a lot of other F1 public figures/ random media pages so that it doesn't look weird that I am only following you "

She chuckles amused โ€“ " ahaan...and what's the picture โ€“ the very famous ASR is going to have up on his other disguised Insta profile haan??"

I grin โ€“ " hmmm..maybe..have the picture up off the Red Bull F1 Racing car?? Given our common love...for F1..."

She chuckles โ€“ "ahaan...really??"

I nod โ€“ " yup.."

Ok. The look on her face tells me she totally thinks I am kidding about this. But I am not.

And it is right then her phone rings and she picks up chuckling as she says โ€“ " yeah yeah..as if...don't kid me...k...wait..its Mum..gotta take this..."

I nod at her and she takes the call and while she is in the middle of it she gestures to ask if I was good to begin walking to the taxi stand โ€“ and I nod taking the last sip of my juice โ€“ and we begin walking.

Hmm.

Just why does my time with her โ€“ have to come to an End?

Twenty Five Minutes Later

At The Hotel โ€“ In His Room

Arnav's POV Continues

I bite back my grin as I tap send on my phone.

So given that I was totally engrossed in our casual general chatter + soaking in the sight of her - on our way back to the Taxi Stand โ€“ I totally forgot to ask Khushi for her contact number before she left.Which is why I just had to resort to making that other profile up on Instagram โ€“ so that I could follow her and get into a little talk with her on the DM to know โ€“ if she's reached back Home safe yet.(Given that I reached prior to my Room.She's probably still on her way.)

So Yup. That's what I just tapped send too.

I am waiting for her to respond to the Follow and the accept the message request I just sent her in her DM with a message. Hey..have you reached home safe?or still in the Cab?

My phone finally beeps in my hand.

I grin.

She's replied to the message and just accepted the Follow from โ€“ my other id โ€“ I knew she would recognise.(Given that I had already voiced out the details about the same to her)

Her : okay..wait! seriously? Arnav..this is you right??

I smile.

Me : Yup Khushi.It's me.

Her : I can't believe you actually did this though! I mean I totally thought you were kidding. Apparently you were not.

Me : I wasn't kidding- obviously.So...are you home yet?

Her : nahh...still a couple of minutes to go.maybe three- four. You in the room already?

Me : yes I am Khushi...also...for the record...I had a great time with you tonight.

Her : It was great catching up with you too Arnav.Also wait โ€“ I just remembered I didn't wish you all the best for the Match tomorrow. Good luck to you and the team!

I grin at that and decide to pull her leg a little.

Me : thank you for that Khushi. But tell me โ€“ whom are you vouching for the win this time around? England or Us?

Her : is it okay if I don't answer that? or wait? Maybe I will just say โ€“ Neutral. I am totally neutral on this โ€“ so I shall say โ€“ may the better team on the field on the given day win.

I chuckle as I read that. I know she said that because of her Mum.But that's not going to stop me from troubling her a little more. Because I wana hear her affirm that back to me.

Me : so are you neutral because of Rob? Or your Mum?? Or the fact that you are bound by nationalism sentiments towards England Cricket?

Her : the last two reasons ofcourse. But Mum tops the last one too โ€“ obviously Arnav.

I grin as I adjust myself on the pillow comfortably!

Me : alrightyyyy...reached home yet?

Her : just did. The taxi's just pulled up.gotta go now...good night to you then Arnav.

Me : goodnight Khushi.

And after I tap send to that I finally get myself out off the DM's and begin to browse her posts prior showcasing the glimpses of her life โ€“ before we met.

Yup.

It's true.

These two facts that just crossed my mind are totally True.

What Two Facts?

Firstโ€“ being the bit that it surely was going to be so much more of a Celebration in my Head if I were able to successfully claim Wilson's wicket and send him packing to the pavilion โ€“ in the games from now on.

And Second โ€“ being the bit โ€“ that Instagram โ€“ just got so much more Interesting โ€“ to My Personal Eye.

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? I hope you all enjoyed reading through their Meet. I really enjoyed writing it...(winks)

Next Update : Monday Night

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks Guys for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mysticaltales11111/

Awesome canโ€™t wait for the next 

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Hope you and your family all are Safe and Sound amidst the rising Covid Tsunami in India. Stay in and Stay Safe โ€“ Guysss!!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

So Yup here I am on Saturday with the next update off HW3.0.We are now Four Days forward into the Story๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—โคโค

Word Count โ€“ Medium-Long in Length โ€“ 8.7 K Words.โœโœ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ’ป

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off โ€“ Everything Covid! And I truly hope โ€“ that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too๐Ÿค—โค๐Ÿ™โ€๐Ÿ’ป

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc โ€“ since I have not proofread.

And I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

Copyright Disclaimer :

Text Copyrightยฉmysticaltales11111โ„ข2020

The Moral Right of the Author has been asserted. All Rights Reserved. This Story is published subject to the condition that it shall not be reproduced or transmitted/distributed in whole or in part, in any manner, whether in electronic or in hard copy, without the written consent of the author, and any infringement of this is a violation of Copyright Law.

All Rights Reservedยฎ mysticaltales11111

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites โ€“ who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is โ€“ mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

TAKE 7 โ€“ Stumps

Four Days Later

Four Days Later

25th Feb, 2019 โ€“ (LastDay/Day 5 0f the First Test Match)

Pre- Context into the First Test Match : The India vs England โ€“ Test Match has been underway at the Lord's for the last four days. India had won the toss and elected to bat first and their dominant and steady first innings with the bat only ended on Day 2 after the end off Session 2 before breaking for Tea.

India had scored โ€“ 320 runs in the first innings.(With the bat - Ved Khanna was the leading run scorer with 101 runs).England managed to score 260 runs in their first innings until they were declared all out. (With the ball the best performer for India in the first innings was ASR with 4 wickets to his name +having conceding only 55 runs in the massive 25 overs spell he had bowled.

So by the time India went into the second innings on Day 3 โ€“ in the last session they had a significant lead off 60 runs in their bank. The team strategically played steadily and slowly again โ€“ in the last session of Day 3 and all the three sessions in Day 4 and finished with 210 runs on the board.(Ved Khanna being the lead scorer with 75 runs in the second innings again).

So now โ€“ it all came down to the last Day. England needed 210+ 60 (from the previous innings trail) a total off 271 runsโ€“ in order to win the Test Match.

The Day 5's day of play had just begun at 10:00 am this morning. Both the teams knew that even after four gruelling days of Intense cricket - it could still go either way on the last and final day! Such was the vintage beauty of the Test Match format in the sport or as they fondly also call it as the First Class Cricket. No wonder - It is often considered as the most complete examination of a team's endurance and ability.

Same Morning โ€“ 25th Feb, 2019

At Maya's ART Studio

10: 15 AM

Khushi's POV

Commentator 1 - "Blimey. Goodness Me. That delivery was an absolute Ripper. Wilson's absolutely stumped with the way โ€“ his Leg Stump has ripped off the ground behind him โ€“ going all flies in the air. Yup. He can't believe it. The Umpire's Finger goes UP.It's OUT.And while the Indian team breaks into a happy celebration โ€“ Wilson's drowning in the waves of dismay.He is absolutely bewildered. Extremely disappointed with himself for losing his wicket within the first fifteen minutes of the First Session on the final day of this First test match."

Commentator 2 - "Oh my my my โ€“ disappointment would be the understatement. Find me a better adjective for the same will you? Wilson is absolutely ripped with shock still as he finally begins to make that long walk back to the Pavilion. The Indian unit is stoked with ecstatcy โ€“ for it's just the start they were looking for! Look at that pumped up celebration.Their Skipper is all smiles now as he begins to take his place behind the Stumps.A good strategy by him to bring in ASR in early to bowl in to Wilson โ€“ yet again. Also I reckon โ€“ its ASR's whose probably feeling a lot more happier right now with his pumped-celebrations on field with a couple of his team-mates still."

Commentator 1 - "Ofcourse he would be the happier one mate.For Once again โ€“ he has managed to get the better of Wilson's bat. And this one surely hurts more. For Wilson was surely looking out for some redemption with his Bat in this second innings โ€“ after falling to the very first ball in the first innings too on that last session on Day 2 โ€“ nipping ASR's deceptive spin with an Inside Edge straight into the hands of India's Deputy โ€“ Ved Khanna at first slip then. ASR had his Skipper's confidence in setting the field โ€“ with Aggressive fielding positions then too. He's just grown accustomed with playing into Wilson's mind over a while. He knew exactly what he wanted to do and executed it out to the T.Even just a minute ago - he asked for that little field change before getting into bowl in this previous delivery to Wilson. Asked his Skip to get a fielder up closer at Silly Point. Deceive Wilson to manipulate his footwork in for a shot โ€“ leading him to expose his Leg Stump โ€“ which was exactly the one he was probably aiming to clean-bowl.."

Commentator 2 - " Yes โ€“ indeed. That was the exact plan he was wanting to execute and once you take in that dismayed disappointment emotion on Wilson's face as he nears the dug out โ€“ it's obvious that he is furious with himself for falling for ASR's mind game into his head by tactially using the fielding positions โ€“ yet again. But to his credit โ€“ it wasn't just about the tactical play with the field this time around. That delivery was an absolute deceptive Ripper. Wasn't his traditional spin. Not at all. It was that traditional Deceptive Spin at the Medium Pace off 120km/h. A lethal weapon off that golden arm.Its been a while since we witnessed that kind off a Spin+ Pace together here at the Lord's โ€“ indeed..."

Commentator 1 - "Brings back absolutely daunting dominating memories from the days of our very own Sydney Barnes. The England unit knows better than anyone else โ€“ what that lethal combination of pace, swing and spin can do! India came prepped well to deal with our express pacers/their swing and bounce.England's surely got to begin to get more prepared to handle this latest armoury off India's premier bowling all arounder's Arm.He's surprised them with the mix of pace*spin. A start England weren't looking for sure ladies and gentleman. But it is what it is โ€“ England are 6/1 โ€“ in Five overs within the first fifteen minutes of this first session.Wilson goes for Duck. Allen batting on 6. Collin's just come in to join him on pitch. ASR to continue with the last ball of this Over. England's still got to score โ€“ 265 runs by the end of the day to win this first test match. India need just nine more wickets for the taste of their first victory to begin their tour with! Collin and Allen got to focus on some solid defence for a while. England cannot afford to lose another wicket- now.

"Holy Hell. Did you just see that? Collin's just escaped an LBW. What has ASR eaten for breakfast this morning?? Just look at that bloody variation. He just took that pace off his delivery immediately manipulating it to come in like is traditional off spin to Collins. Collin's just glad that he could escape the LBW. ASR is all smiles โ€“ as he gets a pat on his arm from his Deputy and some more team-mates yet again. And why not? He's done exactly what his team wanted. Got Wilson out โ€“ in the very first over he has bowled this morning. And has totally Unsettled the top-order batsmen on the crease. I reckon โ€“ the Indian skip is going to continue rotating with their ace pacers โ€“ Daksh + Sherma and also ASR from either ends for a while. Not allow the batsmen to settle would be their strategy perhaps???"

The minute we finish hearing this last bit off it up screen in between the commentators commenting up on the Live Game in between of England and India and the preparation for the next over in the game begins and we spot Arnav now heading to his fielding position at mid-wicket โ€“ I finally give Maya a knowing amused look as I say โ€“ "Maya come on โ€“ can we now pull that volume down a little??Arnav will come in to bowl only after two more overs I guess..."

Maya chuckles and nods โ€“ " Yup...K...now we totally can. Come โ€“ on โ€“ you gotta admit it. This was uber fun โ€“ to just listen onto Louder. I mean โ€“ if Sarah were here with us right now โ€“ she'd be all like โ€“ In your face โ€“ Rob. In your freaking Face โ€“ but because its just you and me right now โ€“ I'd be kinder and just say - Hell Yeah ASR โ€“ thank you so very much for that yet again..,"and she gives me a playful wink instructing Alexa to now tone down the volume off the TV screen mounted on the wall โ€“ in her Art Studio. I'v been over her's since breakfast this morning around 9:00AM.After breakfast โ€“ we came into her Art Studio/Workshop โ€“ to begin with her day's planned work. Given that I am on my break โ€“ I just wanted to chill with her today and help out with some artwork/social media stuff for her business too.

Also โ€“ we had the Test Match up on screen the minute it started at 10:00 am. But she raked the volume up on Full (the hightest)โ€“ the minute Arnav was handed the ball for his first over in the fifth over off this first session by his Skipper to bowl into Rob and Mark. Mark Allen opens alongside Rob in the Tests. Uptil then it was India's fast pacers who had been alternating in between bowling the first four overs.She also gestured me to pause on the work we were doing to just watch Arnav's over with complete attention. I paused on the same โ€“ willingly keen on watching him play his first over this morning too.

Maya winks at me and asks โ€“ "but hey โ€“ how about if I still tone up the volume out to the middle spectrum. You know โ€“ ASR could still run someone out with his killer aim of the arm with a direct hit at the stumps like he ran out Smith in the first innings too. He's super aggressive in the field โ€“ a reason why his Skip always has him around and nearer to the 30-yard circle??"

Yup.

Guys.

Maya's totally hopped onto the ASR fan club โ€“ Bus.

I gape at her amused โ€“ " ahaan? Team ASR are we now Maya??"

She winks at me โ€“ " ofcourse K โ€“ too bad he doesn't play for England though. You know I do feel guilty for ditching on my nationalism sentiments for England when they play India anyway. But hey โ€“ given that its India I am rooted from โ€“ at the end of the day โ€“ why not?? I mean I am all for England whenever they are playing anyone else. So it total's up fair right??"( Maya's family are rooted from Punjab, India. They moved to the UK in the 1980's and most of their close and extended family members are settled in the UK now too.)

I smile at her as I resume my bit of helping her paint up a side of this amazing piece of pottery she had created a couple of days prior and I admit โ€“ " well โ€“ yes its fair..just like it's also fair โ€“ that I do not pick any sides in this game โ€“ given Mum's situation..."

She picks up her paint brush againโ€“ dipping it into the pastel shade she was painting the other side of this Pot โ€“ with and winks at me playfully from across this huge table in between of us โ€“ taking her seat on the stool โ€“ " I get that...but hey.. come on..K...admit it โ€“ you are totally on the ASR fan bus too..."

I narrow my eyes at her as I say โ€“ " Maya โ€“ do not start being cheeky this early in the morning..please..."

She winks โ€“ " ahaan? why not? Also K โ€“ I am sure you would agree that the Tests whites makes him look so much more rakish. Rob always looked killer in the same โ€“ yeah. But given that I aint Team Rob anymore โ€“ gotta just say that it's ASR the one whose a lot more appealing to the eye โ€“ isn't he? Come on โ€“ admit it"

I groan and gape at her at the same time โ€“ " Maya...stop...please???,"and I begin to paint my side of the pot.

She winks at me again โ€“ " ahaan? why should I?? haan? I a'int the one โ€“ whose been constantly chatting up with him in the last four days. It's the two of you whov'e been at it so much so that I should technically just say that you'r both kind off perpetually living in each other's DM's on Instagram..."

Hmmmmmmm.

Well. She is right about major parts of that. Ever since โ€“ he DM-ed me on the night of 20th Feb โ€“ we'v been catching up on DM's on Instagram all the time โ€“ after. It began with his text next morning โ€“ before he headed out the game and I just inevitably felt myself feeling keen to reply.After which its been a given constant in between of us โ€“ to keep in touch throughout various times/intervals of the day.( (When he is not playing on field obviously).

He talks about his day and I talk about mine. He talks about those little day-to day โ€“ life things going on around him awhich just makes me end up doing the same. Plus now that we have got texting โ€“ we kind off end up talking about anything and everything. We'v figured out some more elements that are common in between of us โ€“ like โ€“ our taste and enjoyment for a similar palate off spice or the bit that we enjoy the flavour off same world cuisines, same genre of movies, or the strange fact that we both would love to travel more often on the trains instead of the usual flights.

We'v also figured out some elements of our interests that are different too like we do enjoy different tunes/tastes in Music.He is the total adrenaline junkie in his head and has that crazy wishlist of wanting to skydive and jump off the planes(but he cannot indulge in the same as long as he is playing for India as he's bound by the contract). Where as โ€“ Sky Diving's surely not on my List. Scuba Diving is on my wish list โ€“ and it's not on his wish list.He is not much of a water person. His love for swimming and water only limits to his fun time by the Pool. He'd not comfortable stepping into the Sea's and Oceans.

And then there are times โ€“ he will just bring in a deeper philosophical perception into picture and I will find myself getting intrigued (as usual)to know more. I have been deeply intrigued by the one secret wish of his list that he talked to me about last night too โ€“ about him just wanting to backpack and travel solo around the world one day โ€“ meeting different people from different cultures and note/record down different anecdotes/life experiences from their Life.

So the bottom line is that - He literally intrigues me in the ways no man ever has before. I'v never met anyone like Him โ€“ for Real. On one side โ€“ he's this fun loving โ€“jovial person that enjoys takings Life's moments in joyful stride and he's so grounded too.(no matter how famous he is on the outside + his work space). And then โ€“ on the other side there's this deep philosophical side of his that likes to perceive/analyse and view โ€“ Life โ€“ through this super sorted Lens. And I am not sure โ€“ which side of his is beginning to grow on me more. It's both โ€“ perhaps?

Either ways โ€“ something about him's just been drawing me to him โ€“ Immense. And you know the bit that's stranger? It's the bit that I am also actively texting him back always! Even though I am not really much of a Text person. As in ofcourse I text on Whtsapp โ€“ Insta โ€“ generally with all my friends on and off.(But I usually prefer voice notes.) Plus โ€“ It's never been as crazy like this. I am literally glued to my phone โ€“ on text - all the time โ€“ with him on the other side.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Also I wouldn't admit it out loud to Maya yet. But I gotta admit the bit in my head that โ€“ That boyish rakish charm+ enigmatic Aura of his deep perceptive earthy eyes + this uber comfortable vibe in between of us =quates into him coming across as Super Appealing to my eyes too. Of-course he is Hot. Super-Hot.

I pause on my thought as Maya snaps her fingers in front of my face and she asks grinning โ€“ " there you go? Spacing into Thinking about him again..arent you?"

I shrug and admit with a nervous chuckle โ€“ " yeah kind off...Maya...I can't help it alright? as in โ€“ my thoughts just travel to him on their own.And you can't really blame me โ€“ for there's something about him that just keeps lingering in there. How's it possible for this to happen this way though? I mean โ€“ it's me โ€“ I'v always been able to construct walls and forts around myself easily right? then why am I failing so terribly at it when its coming down to him? Why does it feel like โ€“ he's bulldozing his way into my freaking mind as if he were equipped with this hi tech bulldozer that had the knack to send my walls crashing in my head โ€“ even before I could pick up the bricks and cements to build it....just why?? just why is he so freaking cool again????"

Maya grins as she gestures to the TV Screen โ€“ " yeah โ€“ because see โ€“ he can pull off a heart-stopping- run out like the one he just did. He just hit Collins stumps.Godammit โ€“ that arm off his is platinum indeed....let's get that volume up for a bit?and we can continue talking about him after?"

I nod and smile at that on reflex as she does the same and two minutes later once we finish watching him engage in the celebrations on field with his team - Maya instructs Alexa to get the volume down- and I ask with a sigh picking up my brush again โ€“ " those red alert alarms still find ways to keep buzzing in my head Maya.And the other part of me that's become more dominant off wanting to know him more โ€“ just keeps snoozing it. Am I walking into trouble โ€“ Maya? I don't think I'v ever felt this drawn to any man ever before โ€“ in these crazy magnetic ways...I mean โ€“ I met him what literally nine days ago.right? please tell me you have some logic that can justify this scenario in between of us??Please tell me that you some logic to justify the bit where in โ€“ I'v been beginning to feel my pulse literally jump up my throat โ€“ in those moments when I am talking to him on the other end on text....in these last couple of days..."

Maya leans forward and clutches on my hand and smiles at me warmly โ€“ " sometimes โ€“ logics fail to come into justification K โ€“ logics don't defy rule's usually โ€“ but what you feel in moments like these do...,"and she pauses to ask โ€“ " anyways tell me โ€“ given that he's leaving London tomorrow afternoon to head to Birmingham for the second test โ€“ you are going to see him tonight right..like he asked to see you??"

I nod at her โ€“ " yeah โ€“ I am going to see him tonight. I just have to decide the place though and text him the same. I will do the same after โ€“ the match is over at his end...."( Even though we'v been in touch all the time in these last four days on text โ€“ we couldn't really meet in person again - given that something on his end/my end โ€“ ended up coming up.But Arnav was keen that he most surely wanted to see me tonight before he left for Birmingham tomorrow โ€“ and I agreed in a go because a part of me wants to see him โ€“ again)

I share a thought on my head back out loud to Maya โ€“ "know what Maya? I don't know โ€“ if we will continue to be in touch this way after he leaves London though.."

Maya rolls her eyes at me โ€“ " and what if you continue to be? Do not let sceptiscim come in with doubts alright K? why not just go with the flow for once without restricting what you feel?see where it goes? Takes you?"

I give her a look as I admit โ€“ " yeah...but a part of me is scared โ€“ because...,"and I pause.

Maya smiles โ€“ " because for the first time โ€“ you feel like you are not in control over what you feel? For it's always been the other way round prior? Right??"

I nod at her.

She grins and clutches on my hand โ€“ "Don't worry. you will be okay โ€“ okay??he seems great...and you guys connect...that's what matters..."

I sigh โ€“ " okay..maybe I should snooze the worry...,"and I look up the screen again on reflex as I spot Arnav getting set to bowl in the next over now.

Godammit Arnav.

Why are you beginning to feel like that Thunderbolt of a bowling delivery that has this constant ability to clean-bowl my precious guarded Stumps off โ€“ too?

2:45 PM

At Maya's Home

By the Island table in her Kitchen

Khushi's POV Continues

Maya and me, grin in unison as we walk up behind Sarah and hold her shoulders from either end as we nudge her to tap the -Enter -Button on her Laptop.

Sarah shoots us nervous looks and I groan โ€“ " come on S...just tap send will you?? I mean what if you get this?? It will be an amazing experience..for sure..."

Maya nods โ€“ " I second that S..come on...just tap enter already.."

Guys โ€“ remember the bit that Sarah's this excellent make-up artist?So usually โ€“ she freelances for personal events + modelling photoshoots+ fashion events etc and keeps super busy at that. But just two days before โ€“ she got this opportunity to apply for the spot off a Make-Up Artist with this international production house that's beginning to work on making Netflix Original content in the Middle East. They'v been looking out for some new free lancers to get on board for some specific assignments/projects alongside their usual in-house team. Sarah's been in two minds about this. But we have just been nudging her on! Today- Her work appointments for the day were ending by 2:00Pm which is why Maya and me just asked her to come over so that we could coax her into sending the email in front off us โ€“ after lunch. We finished lunch about seven minutes ago and Sarah's in the middle of tapping that final send in with her work portfolio to the company for review.

I groan as I look at Maya โ€“ " Maya...we just gotta click enter โ€“ on her behalf then..,"and I gape at Sarah in surprise as I say โ€“ " I can't believe you are so nervous about this S. I mean..you are never nervous. This could be a huge opportunity."

Sarah nods nervously โ€“ " yeah..my girls..you are right about that.Maybe I am so nervous because it could be a life changing one โ€“ I mean If this works out once โ€“ I'm afraid I'll start enjoying it too much perhaps??"

Maya chuckles โ€“ "really? that's the problem??," and she looks at me after sneaking a look into her phone โ€“ "yup โ€“ Brian's just texted that we must force send that email on her behalf...now...this very second..."

Sarah gets off the island stool and sips on some water nervously and looks at us and says with a gesture of her hand โ€“ " go on girls โ€“ you tap enter and get that email sending on my behalf..."

Maya and me โ€“ exchange a happy nod and get the email going โ€“ the very next second.

And we โ€“ high โ€“ five โ€“ happily.(And just like that as I am in the middle of the High-Five โ€“ in flashes Arnav's face into my head.Again.Now you guys know what I mean by the bit where in he just keeps lingering around at the back of my head and pops upfront into my thoughts out of no-where?)

Sarah snaps her fingers in front of my face this time around and adds with a wink โ€“ " ahaan...are we in Hangover ASR mode..again?? on that note โ€“ this tea break better be over soon. I need to know the result already...I mean I can't believe this โ€“ it's all come down to the last session of the final day with England needing 100 more runs for the win with 5 wickets still in hand. Oh โ€“ I am conflicted though over the result โ€“ only because ASR is turning out to be this supercool dude. Nationalism aside for a bit.I want India to win...Period."

Yup.Guys. Sarah's on the ASR Fan Bus too.

Also now you know why the volumes on Mute on the TV screen upfront. Because it's the 20-minute Tea Break after the second sessionโ€“ going On.And until now โ€“ Arnav's claimed One Wicket/executed out a run out + taken two catch outs over the deliveries of his team's two express pacers, who have shared the rest of the wicket figures in between of them โ€“ uptil this point.

I sip on some water myself now as I narrow my eyes at my soul-sisters as I say beginning to help Maya clean up โ€“ " very funny...S...no...I am not in ASR Hangover mode again...okay?"

Sarah raises her eyebrow at me mischievously as she exchanges a grin with Maya -
"ahaan? what were you thinking then??"

I state a part truth as I gesture them to join me back on the island table โ€“ "another things that's just been on my mind girls. As in now that I have had this nine-day break โ€“ it feels like it was more than enough for me. I am not used to relaxing so much. So yup โ€“ its decided.Now I am constantly going to help Maya with the graphics and promotional designs that she wants to use to promote her business venture on social media platforms + I am going to begin all my back work on some of my animation projects that I'v been keen on creating..."

Sarah grins as she says โ€“ "that sounds amazing โ€“ K. But please for my sake โ€“ just create a webtoon โ€“ please? pretty please???do it already....your so good....with your animation...and now you have the time...too...before Master's begin...think about this...please??"

So Webtoon's like any other comic. It's an animated cartoon/series of comic strips published online. But mostly โ€“ I'd say the Terms now got more to do with the Korean Wave. It's got a huge market in South Korea..And because Sarah loves her Korean Dramas and makes sure that Maya and Me โ€“ watch them with her too on and off โ€“ she's been after me to just conceptualise and create a Webtoon too.

I nod and grin โ€“ " yes S โ€“ your idea's on my mind...hopefully...one day..."

Sarah grins โ€“ "come on โ€“ you have the knack off animation art+ all your tech gadgets in place too โ€“ all you need is a series of anecdotes/tales you wanna narrate..."

I nod at her โ€“ " I know S โ€“ the minute a concept comes into my head on the same I will let you know first thing out.."

She nods and we fall into our usual comfortable chatter about what Brian/Jack have been upto all day too and five minutes later as we are in the middle of that โ€“ my phone buzzes up on the table upfront.

It's Mum.

I look up at the girls worried picking up the phone eyeing the screen โ€“ " that's weird...you know Mum never calls in the middle of the game until it's super urgent.The third session is minutes away from beginning. I hope everything's okay..."

Sarah and Maya say instantly โ€“ "go on pick up the phone...fast.."

I do.

I say in a rush โ€“ " Mum...how come you are calling when the game session is minutes away from beginning? Are you okay?"

I am surprised to hear a voice that is not Mum's answer in a rush of urgency โ€“ "Khushi...its Mike...I didn't have your personal contact details โ€“ so I asked Dr.J to connect me to you โ€“ she was going to talk to you about this first โ€“ given that I'v spoken to her but then Mr.Dawson called her...which is why she just handed me the phone..look...I have a huge favour to ask. I didn't know who I could turn to at this very last minute for help...,"he finishes in an urgent rush.( Mr.John Dawson is the administration head โ€“ in the support unit of the England Cricket Team. He's been there for years. Mum and him get along well as work colleagues.)

I feel a gush of relief go through me as I put the phone up on speaker now as I ask โ€“ " no worries Mike..go on tell me..what is it? how can I help you??"

(So.Mike is in the administration support unit. He's got an important role given that he is One Stop Work โ€“ Person in charge for the entire social media engagements/ art designs/graphics used in promotions for the England cricket team apart from creating the usual engaging content on behalf of the unit up and going online. He also travels alongside the unit on every tour.Given the importance of digital presence and his bosses(Mr Dawson's) wish to have him super hands on โ€“ with his job always. Remember โ€“ I bumped into Stacey and him the other day in the parking lot- outside the Indoor Nets area at Lord's?)

Sarah and Maya shoot me curious looks as Mike states โ€“ " okay..so a family emergency came up at my end Khushi...Dad had a stroke an hour ago..."

Oh shoot.

I say on reflex โ€“ "oh my god..Mike...I am so sorry to hear that โ€“ is he okay??"

Mike sighs โ€“ "yeah he is stable for now โ€“ luckily they could take him to NHS on time but he needs to undergo an urgent surgery tomorrow...and given the way Mum's panicking back there in Lancaster โ€“ it looks like I am going to have to train it back home tonight, which is why I need your help. The unit is going to depart to Birmingham tomorrow at Noon for the second test starting on the 1st March, and at this very last minute โ€“ I don't know if I can seek anyone to step in for me for a while โ€“ except for you โ€“ you did say you are on this little break from your usual job the other day right Khushi? Will you help me? just this one time? You're an animation artist yourself โ€“ so I don't have to worry about the art/graphics bit plus I know you have the experience of digital platform promotions with your last job at the digital marketing firm...."

I ask puzzled โ€“ "Mike?? Are you sure about this?? can't Stacey step in??also...Mr Dawson? What does he say?"

Mike sighs โ€“ "Stacey can't step in Khushi.She's got her bit to handle. I spoke to Senior Dawson โ€“ he says he is comfortable with you stepping in given that he's known you indirectly through Dr.J anyway. It's not easy for him to trust just about anyone at the last minute โ€“ with all our work details/work phone + gadgets/ online workings/passowrds...etc right?please khushi? Just for the next couple of weeks at the least until things getter with my Dad back at home..."

Maya and Sarah look at me as they silently mouth โ€“ " say โ€“ Yes โ€“ now..."

I gape at Maya and Sarah confused too. Why? Because โ€“ even though a part of my head is a tad bit sceptical about being around Rob because of the situation. I think the other part of my head โ€“ just overtook that thought and reminded me off the bit โ€“ that this could also mean that I would get to be alongside Mum on this tour around the country.And also probably get more opportunities to be around Arnav โ€“ given that the Indian Unit will also be touring alongside us too.Some red alert alarms buzz off again in my head at that โ€“ before they inevitably succumbed to their โ€“ Snoozed Off Fate โ€“ five seconds later.

We hear Mr Dawson's voice in the background closer now โ€“ "Mike โ€“ is Khushi ready to step in ?? Alice โ€“ speak to her on our behalf will you? I can't trust any body else with this โ€“ last minute โ€“ she also knows my working temperament through you over the years. She will be able to cope up..."

I hear Mum say in the background โ€“ " I know Dawson...but...let's just wait for her to take a call on this..yeah?"

So - if I say no โ€“ it will surely put Mum in an awkward spot.

I say instantly to Mike now โ€“ "know what Mike? I'll do it. okay??don't worry. you go home โ€“ take care of your Dad...k?"

In comes his relieved answer โ€“ "thank you so much Khushi. Can you come here...say now...to the Lords...in the next 30 minutes โ€“ the game finishes at 5 but I can give you run through the major workings all prior and after โ€“ until I am too depart for Kings Cross at 8:30 this evening....also don't worry about the commercials โ€“ you will be compensated for the work you put in..Khushi...Senior Dawson confirms on that..."

I look at the time on the wall โ€“ " okay...no worries Mike...the commercials were the last thing on my mind though โ€“ I am just glad to help you plus yes โ€“ if I leave now โ€“ I should be there in say 25 minutes?"

He answers โ€“ " great โ€“ see you then..also Dr.J wants to talk..,"and with that he probably hands the phone to Mum at his end for I hear her loving voice come through in a whisper โ€“ " hun...you didn't just say yes - because of me did you? you can still say no if you want. I know this will put you in an awkward spot around Rob but Mike was insisting he speak to you about it nonetheless...but you'v only got on this break after ages....know what? ill handle Dawson. We will figure something out. I do not want to put you in this awkward spot..."

I answer immediately now โ€“ " no Mum..please...don't worry about it? k? I was infact just telling Maya and Sarah a couple of minutes ago that I am done with all the chill/relaxation anyway.I will see you there in a bit okay? And on the plus side โ€“ I will get to be around you on this tour Mum....,"and I hear Mum answer happily โ€“ "well yes, my love โ€“ that is a major plus for me too. That part of me was already getting a little sad about jetting out again for we only return to London in the first week of April for the last T20 game...but hun...I am still worried about you feeling uncomfortable in this situation around Rob? You didn't want to see him remember? And now you inevitably will?"

I answer honestly as Arnav's words about the Bird's Eye View come to my mind on their own accordโ€“ "I know Mum...but given the situation - I guess I gotta just figure out a way to stop magnifying that bit off it in my head again and again. I think I need to pick up the pen and do something about this closure issue with Rob perhaps?" And I will once I am there.I add to myself silently.

"Alrighty honey...lets talk this out once you are here. You'll be here before the game ends then? I hope we win...its still close...,"she adds hopefully enthusiastic and we hang up after our usual byes.

The minute I hang up โ€“ Maya and Sarah sigh in relief too exchanging amusing grins as they add dramatically in unison โ€“ " thank god K โ€“ for a minute we thought you'd say No to that.And we would have killed you โ€“ if you did.."

I chuckle on reflex at that as I reach out for my bag โ€“ " oh come on girls...stop..."

They ask now a tad bit worried โ€“ " Rob's surely going to wana talk the minute he spots you? you ready with what you wana say?"

I nod as I admit - " yup...I am...I will fill you guys on it after ..k??"

Maya grins at that โ€“ "that sounds good โ€“ K..."

Sarah seconds that and she winks โ€“ "well I am just glad that you'll now get to be around ASR now โ€“ anyway."

I roll my eyes at them as I begin to make my way out the door โ€“ " girls..please...I got so much to do right now...can you please pull my leg later??also Maya โ€“ this doesn't change anything about our talk prior?alright? I will continue to help you as decided prior โ€“ even if I am travelling around..k?"

Maya nods and she adds with a happy wink โ€“ " Okies...K...I love you for that.."

I grin at them โ€“ " and I love you both. Laterzzz then??"

And they chuckle and nod โ€“ " laterzz K...and you know another thing we all love ??that good old chance card in the gameboard's now don't we โ€“ K??"

I chuckle at that on reflex โ€“ "yeah. But this isn't a gameboard guys.It's life โ€“ for real โ€“ also a moment where I say โ€“ that Only Chance probably knows what it's upto in here??"

They nod at me grinning. And with that I finally head out โ€“ Maya's door and get set on my way to Lords.

I am sure they know that the part of my head that's got Arnav lurking around in its corridors - is surely happy with this development โ€“ indeed. A reason why I have this subtle smile curved up my lips..Perhaps?

A While Later

4:50 PM

At the Lord's

Commentator 1 - " Stumped. Yet again. ASR's clean bowled Bailey's Off Stump with another deceptive delivery equipped with the lethal swing and spin. He's absolutely thrilled to pull of this hat-trick of wickets in what was destined to be the last over of the Game. The victory celebrations for India begin on field and with that - this intense game in between bat and ball finally comes to an end on Day 5 with just ten minutes short off the end of Play. Oh England's disappointed โ€“ all they needed was Bailey to churn out some solid defend and block for ten-fifteen more minutes and the game would have been a Draw given that India wouldn't have been able to claim all the wickets. But โ€“ it wasn't meant to be.Also you can't really blame Bailey for falling to that delivery. ASR was on that hat-rick ball. Once again โ€“ a good move by the Indian Skipper to bring him on for this over โ€“ given that England was 249 runs/7 wickets at the end of the previous over with the batsmen getting accustomed to blocking/defending/nipping decent shots above mid-wicket while tackling traditional express pace โ€“ and just 22 runs short of victory. Skipper Dev knew he had to bring in the mix of spin with that pace in the next over โ€“ in the hope of claiming the last three wickets. And once again โ€“ ASR hasn't disappointed the Captain of his Ship. He has delivered and How. He's executed the right line, length, and spot to get the better off the batsmen added with the aggressive field placement in tandem with his Skipper yet again. A โ€“ HatRick โ€“ Maiden for him to end the Game with the first three balls going for none and the last three going for wickets back to back!England lose the first test match by an aching 20 runs. It's apt that ASR tucks in that Red Ball in his pockets as a memento."

Commentator 2 - " Totally apt โ€“ and given the celebrations up on the field โ€“ we reckon that's what his team-mates are nudging him to do. The entire Indian squads up and out on the grounds. Yup โ€“ theyv plucked out the Stumps in a continuous celebration. I reckon โ€“ just hand the Stumps to ASR as a memento too"

Commentator 1 โ€“ " I reckon the same. Blimey. What a game has it been. Yes disheartening for England to lose with an aching margin as that.But nonetheless โ€“ this is that vintage charm of the good old first class Cricket. A true test of a team's endurance and ability, patience and grit. India were the better team this match. With the bat, ball and the on-point fielding. They'v shown immense intent and conviction at the very start of the tour."

Commentator 2 โ€“ " Yes. Also couple of milestones for the Indian top order batsmen too. Ved Khanna โ€“ crosses that milestone of 6000 runs in Test Cricket. Daksh โ€“ their express pacer entered the 200 wickets club. No wonder โ€“ the Indian Captain, Vice-Captain, Coaches, Support staff are all smiles with a co-hesive team performance as that"

Commentator 1 โ€“ " exactly. But a quest for the Man of the Match award surely remains in between Ved Khanna and ASR. Given that Khanna was the lead scorer for India this match โ€“ but I think โ€“ the award might be handed to ASR given the wholesome performance. He's got 8 wickets to his name this match โ€“ 4 in each of the innings at an excellent economy rate and has also contributed with a couple of run outs/catch outs โ€“ and ofcourse his two quick half centuries in both the innings โ€“ with all that power hitting towards the middle end of India's innings which made us all momentary think โ€“ that ASR's come out to play T20 with his bat dawned in test whites..."

Commentator 2 โ€“ "My point exactly. Let's see the list of awardees at the post match presentation which shall be beginning in the next couple of minutes on the ground. Congratulations to India for clinching this victory. They'v surely assigned some last-minute, home work to England to work on before the next test match at Edgbaston, in Birmingham - a couple of days from now..."

5:20 PM

Lord's โ€“ On the Ground

Arnav's POV

We all continue with our pumped-up celebrations โ€“ but in hushes and whispers in a group on the side as we wait for Skip to join us in after finishing his interview with the post-match presentation.

Guys.

I can't begin to tell you how Stoked we all are โ€“ at the moment. I mean โ€“ the Test Match Victory at Lord's always feels like dessert to our gaming taste buds. And personally - the fact that I was able to pull off that Maiden - Hat-Trick over to end the game โ€“ totally was like a bunch of cherries on top off all that Icing on the Cake. The prior icing was absolutely the bit โ€“ that I was able to get Wilson's wickets on both occasions in the two innings this test โ€“ match โ€“ obviously. Or wait โ€“ maybe that bit is the Extra Bunch of Cherries on the Cake?

Either ways โ€“ I am all grinning as I'v got the red ball tucked in my pockets as memoir. I told you all โ€“ it's taking Wickets that's always been my first love! Yup. I even mentioned that bit in the little interview with the presenter โ€“ after I received the player of the match award. They asked me โ€“ which part of my performance I was most satisfied with. In the field with those run outs/catch outs or the two half centuries in each of the innings or the wickets with the good old red ball. I obviously wasn't confused about the choice at all.

I pat Ved's arm happily now as I say โ€“ " dude โ€“ 6000 runs in Test cricket for you buddy โ€“ I am so happy for you..,"and he grins back at me happily and he states โ€“ " and I am so happy for you buddy โ€“ you pulled it in for us last minute โ€“ it was going too close for comfort..."

I thank him for the same and Raunak, Sameer, Ved, Daksh, Ish, Rishi,Ajay, Me โ€“ fall into our casual happy chatter again with the rest of the boys also lounging around in a smaller group next to us. Rishi is happily hugging onto the Stumps too.

Three minutes later โ€“ as Skip finally joins us all โ€“ we all begin to make our happy walk back to the dressing room.I clutch my player of the match โ€“ award happily in my hand โ€“amidst all the happy chatter with my team-mates โ€“ and part of my thoughts now automatically tread towards the one whose totally pacing her way to that spot of being crowned as the Reigning Champion of the HangMan games functional in the back of my head โ€“ the minute my mind is off my game/cricket โ€“ off late.

I cannot even begin to tell you all how much she's begun to grow on me. In the last four days โ€“ everytime I am off picth/practice/training โ€“ all I'v wanted to do was โ€“ text her. Be in touch with her. And I have done just that. All the time.

I hear Skip add now โ€“ "okay boys โ€“ yes the first matchs done with and its been a sweet victory and..now on to the next โ€“ we are scheduled to depart for Birmingham โ€“ tomorrow at Noon...and I want everything to stick to its time schedule..."

We all nod in unison.

Dammit.

We leave London tomorrow and are going to return here only towards the end of the T20's.Which is why I made sure that I'd be meeting Khushi later tonight. The fact that I haven't been able to see her in the last four days โ€“ has been an absolute bummer.

On that note โ€“ I hope she's texted me the spot we are supposed to catch up on.Also I can't wait to get to my phone and get on Instagram and get into a little chat with her โ€“ instantly too. She did say earlier this morning that she was going to be chilling at Maya's and will be watching the match too.

I can't help but bite back my smile imagining her conflicted expressions over our Win just now. I mean I am sure she is happy for me but she's gotta be bummed out for her Mum's sake.

The minute we step indoors now into the common space in between the two dressing rooms โ€“ I hear Rishi add now gesturing to the far end โ€“ " oh look at the huddle of what looks like a meeting in between the England support unit. They are surely a little disappointed given that it was such a close game..."

Everyone exchanges a knowing nod โ€“ and I only look the way he's pointed at because of Dr.Alice โ€“ Khushi's Mum.You know just in case I spot her in the huddle.

And I end up pausing in my tracks for a second in sheer surprise โ€“ because I spot Khushi in the middle of that huddle next to her Mum in a deep conversation with the rest.

Wait.

She's here?

She came to see the match?? Live??

I gulp down my surprise masking it from reflecting on my face momentarily โ€“ and it is right very then โ€“ I see โ€“ Khushi look up our way across and our eyes lock from across subtly and I am sure that she could sense the part puzzlement in my eyes because she gives me that nervous smile with the subtle look in her eye that my mind reads to be โ€“ I will fill you in on this later.

I shoot her a subtle nod at that so that its obvious to just the two of us and begin to head into our dressing room with the rest of the unit with a puzzled smile marking my lips.(Which everyone else around me assumes to be the hangover of the Happiness from the Victory.Still)

Ok.

Maybe โ€“ I should just steal another look at her behind across, by subtly turning my head by pretending to be in conversation with Rishi and Ajay behind me? I mean โ€“ one's gotta respect the roll of Chance by giving it โ€“ its due โ€“ right? Now that Chance has finally given me that moment โ€“ to steal a glance at her prior to us meeting tonight.

Yup.

Good Idea.

Raizada.

Get acting on it.

I do just that and my puzzled smile shortens on its own accord as I spot the sight off Wilson nearing the group now and gesturing Khushi to come aside for a little talk. He seems to have freshened up after the game already. She excuses herself from the huddle and steps aside for a talk with him

Ok.

My Insides are totally scowling at that sight.

Am I envious of what I just saw?Not really.I respect the bit that he is her past. I am scowling within only because I know โ€“ that anything he'd say now might just upset Khushi. What the f****** hell? Oh ofcourse โ€“ he thinks the situation favours his circumstance โ€“ because Khushi has no other option to be cordial around him given her Mum's workspace.

Juts when I am about to turn my head around and get into the dressing room to mind my business momentarily โ€“ I spot Khushi looking out our way again from far across and our eyes lock subtly again, and once again she shoots me that nervous smile with the look โ€“ I will fill you in later โ€“ before she finally looks away and resumes her conversation with Wilson.

I just nod subtly again and make my way in with the rest of my team in.Everyone's rushing to their stations to do their thing. The minute I reach my locker โ€“ I switch on my phone first thing out and get into a little chat in the family group with Akash and Di โ€“ thanking them for their congratulatory wishes. They tell me that Mum and Dad are in their respective OPD's right now and we fix a family call in the next one hour.

Once I am done with that โ€“ I finally head to Instagram to check if Khushi's left me any texts on DM.

There are Two.

Khushi's text at 4:50 PM which reads : Arnav โ€“ congratulations on the win. Also for the player of the match.Okay. I cannot not wish you โ€“ on that even though I am conflicted because Mum's a little upset with the close loss. You know like how the temporary gaming emotions just take over.That's all.She will be all normal in a bit. Well โ€“ that Hat-Trick Maiden in the end was surely commendable. And guess what โ€“ I saw it Live. I can also see you get into that customary handshake with the rest of the England Team right now.Okay so โ€“ a development happened at my end because of which I had to rush here.I'v been so occupied with the same which is why I couldn't text you prior. I will fill you in on it all โ€“ later tonight when we meet.Ok? Batteries dying off and I am about to plug in my phone for charge.

Khushi's text at 4:52 PM : also yes โ€“ before this phone dies off on me. Given that its Wednesday night and it shall not be extremely crowded and will be closer to your hotel too โ€“ iv figured out a convenient spot to meet . Let's catch up on that intersection right before the London Bridge starts โ€“ at 9:00 PM?We can go for a walk around?k? I will see you there.

And just as I finish reading that.Literally Just like that โ€“ My Insides stop scowling and a Smile returns to Curve up my Lips โ€“ Again!

I see the time on my Phone.It's nearing 5:30 PM now. Well it's a good thing that I have victory celebrations with the team lined up โ€“ to keep me distracted for a bit. Until that clock hits โ€“ 9:00 PM.

Also, momentarily โ€“ I think I know exactly what I need to help me restore my mood back into Celebratory mode โ€“ in full swing.

I keep my phone back into my bag and I walk to Rishi as I ask โ€“ " Rishi โ€“ I know you and Ajay wana keep the Stumps as memoirs โ€“ given that you are now in the middle of getting it signed by everyone around. But if you don't mind? Can I just borrow that leg- stump as memoir โ€“ please? You can keep the middle and the off stump. I am cool with just one..."

Rishi gapes at me happily.He's just 20 and is a fresh addition in our T20 squad for this tour.He wasn't playing the Test but he's been as excited about the victory. He winks at me happily and states โ€“" ofcourse ASR โ€“ you can have that leg stump for sure..but before that how about you just sign the middle and off stump for me โ€“ only your signature is left. I got everyone's else from the playing 11 already...,"and he hands me the marker pen.

I grin at him naturally and sign the other two stumps after which he hands the Leg Stump to me happily with a fist pump.And I walk back to my locker โ€“ grinning โ€“ rotating it happily in my hands.

So.

Why Did I want that Leg Stump?

Because it was the one โ€“ that went flying in the air โ€“ ripping its self- off the ground with the delivery off my arm that got me โ€“ Wilson's wicket today.

Obviously.

TADAAAAAA!!

How was That Guysssssssss?? I hope you all enjoyed reading through the Match details along the other developments in the background too. I really enjoyed writing it...(winks)๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Next Update : Thursday night

Until Then โ€“ Please take care and Stay Indoors and Safe guys!!!! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

Thanks Guys for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love

Always

โค

Prachi

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mysticaltales11111/

Take 6

She knows how to push for what she wants. Going dutch it is. Its fair.

We can see a cruise in near future. Since he always missed it, she can take him.

In his defense, Rob did not act like a total jerk at least. He didn't try tom put the blame on her.

Take 7

Maskcap dude is beating the crap out of Rob on the field. That must be bringing peace to her soul right now.

Nice she will be traveling