Fan Fictions

ARSHI FF - HIT WICKET MY HEART 3.0 - Take 44-Pg.51(10.5.22) - Page 37

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Alice is on the way too. They will face it all as a family.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Here I am with the next update for the week 

Word Count –Medium in length – 6.2K Words.✍✍

💻

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net/ NovelHD or any other domain with the TruyenKK etc - then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites - who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is - mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

Disclaimer:

This Story/ Written Series is a work of Fiction.All characters are fictitious.Any resemblance to a person living or dead is purely coincidental. The depiction off fictitious characters through their cross - cultural backgrounds is also a work of pure fiction. I respect all faiths, cultures, communities with its rich diversities, equally.I mean no offence or hurt to anyone's sentiments through my work in any way whatsoever.

TAKE 41

TAKE 41.2 – Lotus

Hours Later – Same Day – Late Evening – 8:15PM

Hours Later – Same Day – Late Evening – 8:15PM

Baharain

Alice felt her eyes open on their own accord as the car came to a halt with a sudden jerk. She hears the chauffeur say instantly – " My apologies ..maam...the signal turned red just in time as I was about to cross through and over...which is why the sudden halt..we are also just ten minutes away from our destination....you asked to let you be informed off the same...as well...Maam..."

Alice nods at that straightening up in her seat asking the chauffeur not to worry about the sudden halt politely.She uses the moment to brush her hand through her hair as her eyes now begin to taken in the surroundings looking out the window. She'd succumbed to a brief power nap – almost immediately as she'd sat in the car from the airport given that the entire long haul flight in transit had been a quite taxing – on so many tangents. It wasn't the physical strain of the travel obviously for that was what her body was used to pulling off anyway – it was perhaps the emotional waves of numerous thoughts coming to and fro in her head – that had led to her feeling quite exhausted – emotionally – despite her defense mechanisms kicking in to help retain strength and composure.And she'd been feeling jittery emotionally also because – this was the first time around – she was literally reaching her little girl last – amidst this tricky situation.

The only saving grace – throughout in transit for her was the bit that – she'd sensed she was doing better already. Arnav being there by her side worked greatly just like she'd anticipated. And then given that Raima was also there – she'd felt herself feel a lot more comfortable about the situation obviously.

But - Only she knew how she managed to process her curiosity mid air – on the flight here – on one more vital factor. The factor being – that she was literally in mid-air – when Arnav would have already met Rehaan/Raahil+ Noor – first time in person.

She had been eager to know it all obviously mid air and the initial plan was to just ring Khushi/Rehaan up on landing immediately and inquire about it all. But then probably her momentary exhaustion was a blessing in disguise, for as she thinks about it all in her head now – she feels it might be better if she were to know about it all once, she finally reached there in person. She'd also sensed that perhaps this was the main reason why Rehaan wasn't filling her on much of those details as well from his end after her landing even though he'd been in touch with her to check on her landing, check in her pick up – etc.

She couldn't help but smile at the thought in her imagination. She couldn't really believe she'd missed out on being there in person when Arnav first met Rehaan/or even Raima for that matter. But then in her mother's heart – she feels that in the case of the latter – perhaps – it was good it turned out this way. Rehaan got some firsts in Khushi's life that he'd always wanted as a father.She couldn't help but wonder – how did it all go? What was happening there at the moment? She hears the chauffeur remind her now that they are just five minutes away from the location and so she resists her wish of reaching out to her phone for this last stretch with great difficulty.

She closes her eyes leaning her head back into the headrest and it is right then – everything that she had seen on the media front today during transit on and off – makes its way back to flashlight through her head. The news was still being flashed around as the celebrity scandal of the hour on a lot of channels + online.Things/Slandering comments were still being said/written about her+ Khushi+ Rehaan+ there was still a huge section of people that felt the topic to be the gossip of the moment that they most surely needed to pass their comments on – online – exercising the free right to post anything up on social media's. The media fire was still pretty much ablaze and even though she tried to immune her senses against soaking any of the slander in – she couldn't help but worry for her little girl on this tangent too .She most surely felt like she had to ask Khushi to get off Instagram for a while – given that she was sure in her mind that she'd still be receiving some hate messages in her DM like she had been ever since...

Well – but there was still a silver lining in here that back in England – not much had been rattled anyway in terms of professional impact on her /Khushi and even in their personal circle – everyone had come out in support too with M, S, Jack, Brian's parents also calling her exclusively to reassure her over and over that they were with her+ Khushi through this as well and for once given that things werent rattled around much in their country of residence – Alice felt her heart desperately hope and wish that she could say the same about Lahore . For Rehaan was still at the receiving end of what was beginning to seem like an endless blazing fire.The rumours/speculations were raging in the media that he'd be sacked – nonetheless despite his brave and honest statements – and she so desperately hoped that it was in her control to help ease things for him – in some way at the least???????

She'd always wanted to protect him from this very consequence. Deep down in her heart – it had been a part reason for keeping Khushi a secret from him for decades! But Alas – she couldn't protect him anymore...

And for a second – she feels like – she needs a couple of minutes to find that courage within to look at Rehaan with a smiling face.For in her heart – it also felt like – the moment she'd see him – she might just succumb into a fountain of tears that she'd been holding onto with great difficulty. It was only natural for her heart to feel vulnerable – now that everyone in the world out there also had a free pass to pass on a comment+ judgements on their personal story/failed relationship.She also felt like she'd tear up on seeing Khushi too for now that she was minutes away from seeing her – she knew her heart would just wana give in to letting it all out...

She takes deep breathes as the car now pulls into the gates off the holiday estate and just as her eyes spot the frame of Rehaan already standing there upfront by the curb down the porch – all down the driveway – she knew she had been right in her gut. She surely was going to need immense courage to muster up a smile, for all she wanted to do was cry.

Perhaps it would be okay – to just let the tears+ vulnerability of the moment flow again for a bit??Before she channelisized the strength to seek composure....

Rehaan had walked down the porch in wait for Alice's arrival for two main reasons obviously. First being the bit – that he most surely needed some moments with her to check on her if she was okay – given that they were now meeting face to face after this entire debacle. Second – he also wanted to be the first one to share the news of euphoric light with her – after he'd comforted her knowing that it would make her forget all about the noisy debacle on the outside. Just like it had been for him. He couldn't wait to fill her in over all that happened in these last hours.He was also glad that Khushi had herself insisted that it would be better if he met with Alice for a couple of minutes in private first before she ran in on them.She'd already sensed – that the two of them most surely needed a moment by themselves before they all walked into the moments on the inside with everyone else waiting for them to come on in the living room.

And now – as he takes in the look on Alice's face from the backseat of the car – as it comes to a screeching halt by the porch – he bites back a sigh on reflex – thanking god for his decision to come out for a private moment first. She was already fighting back tears. Only natural. He couldn't blame her. Apart from all the noise/rumours around his professional upcoming sacking + slandering around Khushi - the world out there was also busy passing comments left, right and center – over their failed relationship/speculations over what that very status was now as well – etc etc.

He tries his best to maintain his calm walking upto open the car door for her even though the truth was that just one look at her right now – made him want to cry too. But she gestures him to pause at his spot and so she does and as she gets off the car they both stand right across of each other sharing an overwhelming eyelock as Rehaan instructs the driver to park the car and then get Alice's luggage settled in and as the driver – drives ahead to park the car in the parking area + the security guard walks his way out towards the security picket out the gates – locking the gates up - they both just finally walk to one another as fast as their feet could take them and lean in instantly for an emotionally overwhelming hug and Rehaan feels Alice give in to her tears almost instantly as her sobs begin.

She couldn't help it. Even though she wanted to. She couldn't help but not cry in his arms right now. And the fact that he was holding onto her in the precious supportive way that he was and offering comfort by just brushing on her hair tenderly – just made her feel a lot more vulnerable. It had been a long time of aching decades – since they'd both held each other this close in a moment that was extremely raw in its emotional significance. And so for a couple of minutes - She just continued to cry and he just continued to offer support in an overwhelming silence until she senses that - He's also fighting back his tears by wiping them off the corner of his eye over and over.

Alice whispers now softly pulling up but she does not look at him in the eye – " don't you cry?? Please??"

Rehaan answers back softly reaching to brush her arm in support – " I will stop...if you do...Al...please? and look at me will you please? straight up??"

Alice continues to look at her feet instead – " nope...I can't...I can't look at you in the eye....I am sorry...so sorry...Rehaan...I knew this would happen to you...if...it came out..which is why...as you know...I kept Khushi a secret...for...dec...a..des...from...you..."

Rehaan holds her by the shoulder firmly this time around as he whispers in a tone that was affirmative yet gentle – " stop...right..there...Al...please??? and look at me??"

She does now finally and as his tearful gaze meets hers she hears him say with an overwhelmed nod – " get this straight in your head..once and for all...Al...I will not accept an apology from you...right now..or ever...I should be the one...apologizing to worlds end..to you...for that matter..for I know that the hate storm coming all of our ways is pretty much stemming more from my side of the world.."

Alice wipes her tears at that as she says shaking her head- " oh Christ ...dammit...Rehaan...don't you...apologize...now or ever...k? its not your fault..like I said..prior...it isn't..."

Rehaan nods tearfully – " so it's a done deal then Dr Jones?? Whats done is done..why tear up over spelt milk??????"

Alice nods tearfully at that – " yeah...but is it okay if I say I wana tear up for a little while...more...Rehaan.."

Rehaan nods and opens his arms up to her again on reflex – " if that will make you feel better...Al...I'm only going to say...okay to that...obviously.."

Alice just hugs him hard at that and continues to let out her overwhelmed emotions for a little while more. His arms at the moment – seemed to be the perfect support for the moment for her. And for Rehaan – the moments as emotionally significant for in his heart – it totally felt like a lot of heartstings were coming back to life as well as memories of the past when they'd often been each other's rock solid support – came to dance with their rhythmatic visions.

For five to seven more minutes – they just stand there – frozen in each other's arms – seeking comfort from one another – letting the tears flow. For they both knew – that the other simply understood what was going on in their hearts. No words were further needed to explain anything...to the other...

Indeed.

At The Enterance Foyer – from behind the Inner Main Gate Enterance

Khushi wiped her happy overwhelmed tears over and over again as she continued to soak in the vision of her parents upfront down the porch – being each other's comfort+ strength in the moment. How could she not cry in happiness this way? Given that she was also witnessing the two being there for each other through a massive low – for the very first time in her life??????????

She felt Arnav clutch on her shoulder in support over and over too. The two had obviously been waiting by the entrance in excitement for Alice's arrival too. But given that they wanted Rehaan to have a moment with Alice too – they just waited on the inside. But because Khushi couldn't wait to get a glimpse of her Mum from across – she'd peeked in through the door – a shortwhile ago and the very second – she'd spotted them cry it out in each other's arms for a bit – she'd obviously felt her own happy tears return as she gestured Arnav to spot – what she had too.

The sight of Rehaan+ Alice's emotional vibe - was so emotionally moving to see that it had teared up Arnav emotionally in the moment as well. He just hugs onto his Fiore from the side now hard as he kisses her head over and over in a silent understanding whispering – " I know...baby...I know...exactly what you must be feeling..."

And what can Khushi do in the moment? Even though all a part of her wanted to do was run to hug her Mum as well and give her the highlights of it all – she just stays put by Arnav's side and hugs him hard instead as she whispers wiping her happy tears – " I don't like to see Mum cry...ba...by...I don't..like..to see...Abbu...cry...normally...I just hate the sight of it...but perhaps...right now...I'd just say...its better if we just let them be..for a couple of minutes...Mum just needs to cry in Abbu's arms..and I think..he needs the same too...with all that's happening with regards to the spotlight also beaming around their personal past..the present speculations...,"and she looks sideways at Arnav at that and they both share a overwhelming nod and just continue to hug each other in silence – watching – Alice+ Rehaan – hugging each other in the way they were – upfront.

And Arnav asks fighting a sigh for the angst in both their frame upfront was so evident – " just how?? Baby?? Just how did they manage to spend all their lives (almost) uptil this point...without each other in it...when clearly...they love...each other...the way they do...they still do...don't you think?? I mean..they always did...but like in the present day??"

Khushi sighs at that hugging Arnav harder from the side lacing her arms across his waist tight – " I don't know how they managed to live without each other for this long too...baby...and yes...I am sure..they love...each other...in the present...too...but I know Mum...she won't give in to her emotions....until she's seen us settled...I Guess...I can emotionally coax her into it...eventually...though...we both can..."

Arnav kisses Khushi's head at that lovingly – " yeah...I feel the same...so done deal then fiore?after we tie the knot...we continue to work on playing cupid for them?? I am sure..Raahil+Noor will continue to help us out on this...don't you think???"

Khushi couldn't help but smile at that as she looks at Arnav sideways lovingly – " you are going to drive me nuts...godammit..absolutely nuts in all this emotion...one day...baby...not that you already haven't...I mean..just...look at you..always knowing what to say...to make me smile through my tears..."

Arnav chuckles at the sound of that as he kisses her head – "I super love the sound of that...fiore..and I know these are happy tears...so I understand its significance of flow....,"And Khushi nods back at him at that and they just hold each other tight and about give more minutes later as he catches on the sight upfront he says – " look...baby...they are beginning to talk now? gut tells me Mrs.J is going to ask about you/me ...how did it go with us etc...so why don't you go to her first...ill follow in the minutes after once I catch onto your gesture of asking me to come on...in...go on then...fiore...before everyone in the living room loses out on their patience and walks out to us all instead...I mean...we know how Mom is controlling on her itch to run to Mum too..right now...right??"

Khushi nods at him at that lovingly and observes the frame of her parents upfront.

Yup.

Arnav was right. This was the exact time to run in on them – with happy tears streaming down her face!

And as Arnav had guessed in his gut from across – Alice had just pulled up from hugging Rehaan after these intense silent minutes in his arms for now that she'd finally let all the heaviness out – not only she felt better but she also felt she had the mindfulness within her head to give into the curiosity of the moment as well and so she asks Rehaan now – wiping the tears off her face now – " alrightly....thats helped us both..surely...get talking now Rehaan will you please?? I mean...you haven't given me any details on text when you most surely could....hows our baby doing?am not crazily worried...well coz he is here....like right here with her....you met him...didn't you??? how did that go?????????cmon...tell me...before my curiosity tells me..."

Rehaan finally takes a deep breathe and exhales one out before he finally grins at Alice and asks raising his eyebrow at her biting back his smile – "ahaan...now we are talking straight to the point of the moment....hmmm...so....i wana begin with asking you this?? really Al?? like did you really pull this off for real? did you really manage to conceal this bit from me..for all this while...that Khushi's special man was/is none other than India's – Arnav Singh Raizada.....I mean...we discussed the developments around world cricket quite extensively when he was appointed test vice captain...as I remember..very fairly...and not even then...did you give it away to me...Al??"

Alice shoots him a sheepish smile at that on reflex wiping the last trail of tears off her cheek - " apologies...Rehaan...but it had to come from them..first...I guess...so come on...go on now..tell me...you surely would have been shocked out of your mind??????????"

Rehaan chuckles at that as he admits – " I was shot upto space in shock ofcourse...Al...,"and he pauses at that for the vibe in the surrounding makes them both look up for it felt like the presence of their precious daughter was near and it is right then as they take in the sight of Khushi running towards the two - Rehaan sees Alice's face sigh in immense relief as well as she races upto just hug her tight.

Khushi hugs her Mum with all her might now – finally – letting the moment flow. As does Alice. She holds onto her precious baby in a powerful motherly embrace as she just rubs on her head lovingly and whispers – " come here...you...hun...,"and they just continue to hug each other tighter.

Rehaan watches on lovingly for a couple of minutes and after he walks upto the mother-daughter duo and asks from behind – "so...Al..what does Khushi's vibe tell you haan??"

Alice continues to hug Khushi hard and she kisses on her head and looks at Rehaan – " it tells me..she's doing so much better...indeed...Rehaan...but..wait...I wana hear it from her...that she is doing better....,"and she hears Rehaan nod at that and grin – "exactly...most surely so..I think you should hear it from her...then...come on then...Khushi...go on then...tell your Mum...."

Khushi finally pulls up from hugging Alice hard at that and looks into her eyes and admits – " so just so you know...Mum..these tears right now...are only from the happiness of spotting you and Abbu seeing through each other through the moment of support..in immense..solidarity..alrighty??"

Alice nods at that and she lovingly kisses Khushi's head and then on reflex reaches out to clutch on her hand and it is right then she pauses in surprise for she feels – the presence of something on Khushi's left hand that – was not present before. It surely felt like a ring to her sense of touch. Which is why she just gapes at Khushi in sheer surprise as she asks her eyes wide – " wait....wait...what is this I feel on your finger...Hun...is that a ring???,"and she moves her eyes to where her hand was herself and the very second she spots the ring on her baby's finger – she feels herself being edged upto space in immense glee as well as she sighs happily keeping a hand over her heart thinking findly of Arnav with immense love – " oh that cheeky little boy...should have known he'd be upto something...that would knock my socks off in surprise...he proposed...you..baby??he asked you to marry him?????????,"and she finally looks into Khushi's eyes at that and as she spots her nod back at her euphorically – she asks sighing in further relief exchanging a knowing look with Rehaan who just stood there – enjoying the moment – this time around – extremely – " ohhh...where is that boy?? Hun?? Call him out...will you?? perhaps...I will...given that I am sure...he's somewhere near and around..."

That makes Khushi and Rehaan bite back their smiles as they hear Arnav's voice from behind them come up and closer as he says out loud – " as usual...you rock Mrs J...for yup...you guessed that right...I am like...right here...all set to welcome you....super glad that you are smiling now...."

That makes Alice bite back her overwhelming smile and she instantly walks upto hug Arnav now and as he hugs her back in welcome - she whispers – " thank you...son...thank you...for everything...."

And Khushi can only stand their stunned in emotion as she observes her Abbu watch on the moment in between Alice+Arnav now and he looks back at her with happiness dancing in his eyes and Khushi moves upto stand next to him as she whispers softly – " I told you...Abbu...didn't i? Mum just simply...loves/adores him so much..too...you see for yourself...don't you??"

And Rehaan finally nods at that acknowledging the emotion in the moment watching on Arnav+ Alice – feeling mometary stumped in happiness again – "yes...I do...see it all...now..meri beti...I do..."

And at that they both bite back a chuckle almost instantly as well.

Why? Because they-d just caught onto the sight off Alice pulling Arnav's ears now lovingly as she narrows her eyes at him to ask playfully – " boy...I thought we were like teammates..like we roll together..i let you in on where Khushi was...so how could you not let me in on this..when I am sure...you had this planned all along?? You know just like I was first to hear that you were in love with her...?????????"

Arnav chuckles at that playfully as he nods faking an ouch – " ouch...alrightyy Mum...pull it all you want...but gently please...for I know you surely don't mind...the actual development...in the background..."

Alice grins at that on reflex as she hugs Arnav – " oh Christ...I'd be crazy to mind...I'd love it....,"and she gestures to Khushi to come into a group hug too and as Khushi leaps into her arms too – Alice looks at Rehaan as she asks – " Rehaan...stop...being statued in glee please...come on you all...start talking...fill me in over all I missed..."

Rehaan nods at that finally gulping down the overwhelmed fatherly emotions that had been consuming him for all this while and he says – " yes...Al...we will all fill you in..as we walk in...for not just Arnav's Mom is waiting to meet you...for the very first time...we have his twin brother and his fiancé...in there too...waiting to finally meet you???????"

That surprises Alice a lot more as she asks gaping at Arnav and Khushi – " wait...wai.tt...is this for real??? Akash and Payal are here too??????????????????"

Khushi finally nods at that exchanging a happy grin with Rehaan ofcours – " yes they are...Mum...given that...Abbu asked us to ask them to drive over from Doha earlier this evening...so that we could all be together in time...for dinner...with you reaching...."

Arnav chips in grinning next – " I am pretty sure...they are all fighting their feet from breaking into a run towards us all...Mum...I mean..not just Mom/Akash+ Payal but Raahil and Noor too and ofcourse...Azlaan...as well..."

And Alice can only gape at a happy daze at everyone as she asks – " wait....so all of you...here..like in all this while...of me being in transit...have just been catching up with each other????? Like getting to know one another...and its all been great..given that the happy grins I see up your faces now....??"

Khushi+ Arnav+ Rehaan nod collectively at that with a grin as well and Arnav says now exchanging a knowing look with Rehaan – " well....Sir's been great Mum...I mean...you just have to know this...I got another exclusive autograph...this time...around...like face to face...for real....plus..i think...we'v struck a friendly chord as well...already....."

That makes Alice look at Khushi and Rehaan and Rehaan simply laces his hands around an overwhelmed Khushi's shoulder as he grins back at Alice – " Khushi's been tearing up in happinnes quite a bit.everytime...she's seen Arnav and me...talking...Al...and the boys right...we'v struck a friendly chord indeed...how could we not?when he clearly clean bowled my protective fatherly stumps with the conviction that he did?????????also headsup...Al...they want a summer wedding...so we gotta get ready to get our daughter married....we talked it over...given that I am more keen on Khushi+ Arnav following the rituals they grew up...practicing...we are going to have to plan..two weddings...a white one..and an Indian one..."

And at that as Alice sighs in extreme glee and surprise even more now as she asks zapped – " alrighty?? Two weddings to plan already?? Wait does that mean...you all discussed the dates in your excitement already????,"And as everyone nods at that collectively - Khushi simply leaps into Alice's arms all happily as she whispers - "oh Mum...come on in now...will you??? there so much..we want you to know...everyone's waiting...."

And at that – Alice finally joins all as she makes her way in – her heart getting immensely consumed in a profound realisation – that once again put so much in perspective in her mother's heart as it continued to dance in its gleeful relieved rhythms.

Two Hours Later

Alice steps out the washroom after freshening up – smiling and she begins to make her way back to join everyone at the dining table for the round of desert. So - Ever since she'd walked in after the initial meet and greet with everyone – everyone took turns with Arnav and Khushi to just fill her in over all that had happened on all the tangents shed missed on – and then soon after they'd all sat down for dinner – with casual and general + light hearted conversations taking over as chuckles, conversations, filled the air.

Alice pauses in her tracks as she spots Raima right there as well as she hangs up on the call with Arnav's Dad on the other end.

She smiles and walks up to her now and it is right then Raima looks at her as well and she grins and admits – " so..Alice...as you could guess...that was Dr Raizada on line...sulking royally over the bit that he's missing out on these moments with us all in person..."

Alice chuckles at that happily as she nods – "Well...I can imagine..Raima..but I am sure it helps that you'v kept him up to date with it all...nonetheless..."

Raima chuckles – " you bet...Alice...that is the only thing that helps..not just him but Anjali and Ravi too...I mean..i am sure you'v noticed in the last couple of hours how each of them just keeps calling me or Arnav or Akash and payal to just be in the loop of everything happening...here..."

Alice nods at that with a smile and she acts on her gut again and just engulfs Raima into a warm hug just like she had when she'd first greeted her – a couple of hours ago – walking in.And she whispers again – " thank you...so much...for everything...Raima...for coming...for being there for Khushi..for being here for all of us now...for just making us all feel the enthusiasm and excitement about planning the two weddings already at the back of our head...because of your infectious enthusiasm about the same....Khushi calls Arnav her miracle often..and I agree so too..and I couldn't thank you enough for raising your boy to be the man he is today...."

Raima hugs Alice back at that all warmly and she answers in support – " our boy...isn't he Alice? Just like I say...Khushi is as much as my daughter already....as she is yours...and please...do not...begin with the formality...again...will you please? I told you ...theres nothing to thank...we are all family here...and as you can surely observe – I'v just genuinely enjoyed meeting Azlaan+ Noor+ Raahil+ Khushi's Abbu so much..."

Alice nods at that and the two mothers now share another comforting hug in support as they say in unison – " come on then lets get back to join everyone for dessert...," and as they begin to walk back to join everyone and reach the hallway to the dining – Alice halts in her spot a little – looking at the happy sight up at the dining table upfront – just allowing it to make her heart glow.Khushi and Arnav were chuckling in happy conversation on one side of the table with Rehaan+ Raahil+ Akash as they discussed their common love for Biryani and how amazing the rest of the meal also was at dinner and Noor+ Payal+ Azlaan were also chatting away happily about the context off some movie in discussion.

She wipes a happy tear outta the corner of her eye at that and it is right then she feels Raima's hand come on her arm as well as she asks – " hey...Alice...you okay???"

Alice looks sideways at Raima and nods through her happy overwhelmed tears – " yes...yes...okay...Raima...I am just so overwhelmed...in a good way though...as this realstion just keeps sinking in deeper and deeper...I intend to talk to Khushi about it later tonight as well in private..for ever since it struck me walking in here two hours ago..its put so much in perspective in my heart yet again.."

And she hears Raima ask softly – " what realisation Alice??"

Alice admits looking at Raima first before pausing to just look at the scene up ahead – " that how sometimes in our lives...the essence of some moments can be similar to the very essence+ existence of the lotus flower...you know how the lotus usually grows in the muddy waters????? So if something as beautiful/serene as the lotus can bloom into its blossoming self ...irrespective of the mud around it...maybe perhaps it is for us to realise...that we can be our very own lotus too...if we want to be...and the very fact that the muddy waters are a pre-requiste to the growth of a lotus makes me wonder – that sometimes – it does take a lot of tricky muddy puddles around us to help us realise how potent it is to fight our way through to our very own bloom...I mean you tell me..Raima..as you look at the sight upfront..doesnt it feel like that these moments right now amidst us all...getting us all together this way...in order to wade through a tricky blow from the outside is no less than our very own lotus moments...I mean...the trigger being the tricky mud from the outside that did get us all together this way – but the lotus bit being the bit – that we know our kids are going to hold each others hands tighter through this....so much has happened...they'v decide to get married...Rehaan+ Raahil+ Arnav+ Noor finally meet...Azlaans been amazing in support...we finally know that we are heading through/into a strom...but not alone..that we are in this together....Maya and Jack are flying in here tomorrow as well...my baby's all smiling...even though theres so much hate being hurled at her still on the out...she knows she gotta build her immunity to all of this....Rehaan seems to be all euphoric in his fatherly heart too given that Arnav was able to put all his worldly worries to ease...just look at him...talking to Arnav right now..he looks charmed...on another level...like way and beyond...so from where I see it...perhaps...maybe Rehaan was right...that this could be our blessing in disguise...these moments do surely signify the very essense of the lotus for us all...don't you think??Raima??"

Raima smiles and nods at that – " well well...Alice...for a second...you just made me feel like this was Arnav talking about one of his deep...perceptions..."

Alice chuckles – " well the boys got his influence going on all of us..now hasn't he??"

Raima chuckles – " well looking at him on a lets charm Khushi's Abbu like I charmed Mrs J mission – at the moment – does make me feel like it was good that I not for once had a doubt on his charming skills...if Dr Raizada were here right now..he'd say proudly like father like son..Dr Raizada...,"and Alice and her share a fond chuckle again and Raima smiles and admits – " but yes...on a serious note...I think you are right...Alice...in what you just said..these moments right now..as they bring us all closer to one another...surely are like those of the lotus petals...as beautiful...it doesn't matter that it was the worldly mud on the out that triggered them....for you are right...that just like the lotus ...we too have the ability within us to rise from the mud/tricky situations ...bloom out of the darkness and radiate into the world...infact I read this bit somewhere...that the deeper and thicker the mud down below..the more beautiful..the bloom of the lotus flower...which basically means that it symbolises rising from a dark place into the very essence of its inner beauty that automatically reflects on the beauty of its petals on the out...."

Alice nods and smiles as she continued to look at the smiling face of Khushi upfront – " now imagine...Raima..if the lotus seed just focussed on looking down and below on just the muddy waters below thinking...oh why am I destined to grow out the shackles of mud..would it be able to bloom?"

Raima nods in an instant understanding – " nah...which is why I guess..the lotus seed just focus's on living through its very essence instead...accepting its environment to be some part of fated destiny...holding onto the root of faith...in there...that if it just focuses on its path to grow...one day it would swim+ surface through the muds into a precious bloom for the worldly eyes to see and behold and appreciate...all sparkling... in all its natural glory.."

Alice nods at that in an instant understanding now and both the mothers share a profound knowing smile and Alice whispers hugging onto Raima from the side – " I'd like you to be with me Raima..when I speak about this with Khushi tonight...in private...I'd like us both to be there...with her...for you'r like her Mommy figure too...so...as we talk this through to her...tonight..again...I know...as in I can see she's got it together already a lot...but we need to prep her to be ready – for once we leave here – the world is going to be filled with a lot of muddy puddles on a numerous corners...she needs to keep reminding herself at every step..every day...that its really in her control to focus on her very own bloom...through every bit of it all.....right????"

Raima nods at that immediately as she says – " ofcourse...Alice..id be right there with you...,"and with that the two mothers exchange another powerful knowing nod – before they finally step in to join everyone in the happy moments on the table.

They both knew – that not only did they have Khushi's back at this. But each other's as well!

And perhaps – that was all that really mattered too! Just like  perhaps the only thing that truly matters to all the Lotus seeds in the Lotus ponds in the world out there -  at the end of the day is that very - Divine sight of it's sparkling Lotus Flowers looking back at the beholder in all its glory – irrespective of the depth of the muddy waters below it. For it's the very journey of the Lotus Seed to the Flower of the Bloom...that just stands out and shines tall in all its serene silence - to tell its destined naturistic tale....through the mystic beauty of its majestic petals...

TADAAAAAAAA!

How was That Guysssssssss ?????????? I really hope you all enjoyed reading this update on the theme of the Lotus...I simply loved..writing it down...so very much....

Next Update : on Friday Night

See you soon with the next update – guys!

Thanks, Guys, for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love & Gratitude

Always

Prachi

coderlady thumbnail

Alice is on her way too now. Khushi will have everyone by her side.

coderlady thumbnail

Rehaan understands Alice's concerns and reasons for keeping the secret.

coderlady thumbnail

Alice notices the ring on Khushi's finger.

coderlady thumbnail

A double wedding on the horizon. The family has a lot to look forward to.

coderlady thumbnail

The whole family is like the lotus. Shining bright despite the storm. 

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

So - Here I am with the next update for the week as promised on Friday Night for HW3.0!!!

Word Count – Medium in length – 6.8K Words.✍✍

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off – Everything Covid! And I truly hope – that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story Too🤗❤🙏

💻

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net/ NovelHD or any other domain with the TruyenKK etc - then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites - who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is - mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

Disclaimer:

This Story/ Written Series is a work of Fiction.All characters are fictitious.Any resemblance to a person living or dead is purely coincidental. The depiction off fictitious characters through their cross - cultural backgrounds is also a work of pure fiction. I respect all faiths, cultures, communities with its rich diversities, equally.I mean no offence or hurt to anyone's sentiments through my work in any way whatsoever.

TAKE 41

TAKE 41.3 – Harnessing the Rains

36 More Hours Later

Baharian – 8 AM

Azlaan and Akash collectively share a groan as Azlaan places his hand at the touch point – getting his hand outta the pool as they look up at Jack who was grinning down at them nonetheless as he claims – " sorry boys....Arnav and Raahil win the relay again...,"And that obviously makes Arnav and Raahil share a massive high five in the lane – right next to the two in the swimming pool as they begin to celebrate their momentary victory yet again.

The boys were in the middle off racing to and fro-s in the pool since the last 30 minutes – this morning. Azlaan , Akash+ Jack would team up for a relay with two being on one team and the other one alternating in between being the race refree – and ofcourse Raahil and Arnav the two athletes had mutually decided to just team up together. It was needless to say that Arnav and Raahil had won all the relay races till now which they were grouping into the round of Two Laps – obviously given that there were two particpants.

The momentary celebrations going on in between of Raahil+ Arnav make Azlaan and Akash sigh in momentary defeat as they look at one another pointing out collectively – "wait..wait..Jack...why are you grinning like a monkey in here..you are the refree which means that you are supposed to be the neutral one in here...also fair reminder buddy..,"Azlaan continues – " the last race I refreed – you and Akash lost from these two...,"And Akash adds in to that next snapping his fingers – " exactly...my point Jack..and when I was the refree...you and Azlaan lost to these too two..but I was totally being the neutral refree too even though that's my twin in there..."

Arnav and Raahil exchange a knowing mischevious wink as the look at the three – " sore losers...aren't they? I mean...why can't our refree celebrate our victory...brothers?? "

That makes them all share a warm chuckle now amidst themselves and Akash+Azlaan roll their eyes nonetheless at the two as they look at one another and then state out a point again as all of them began to just laze in the water – " wait...now that we think of it..its kinda our fault..i mean..the teams aren't balanced enough to begin with..i mean...we were racing against two professional athlestes in here...teamed up together...ofcourse...they were going to win..."

Jack nods at that as he lets off his refree role for a bit and then slam dunks himself into the pool as well and then comes out of it and states to all – " rightly said...Azlaan...Akash...we got the pairing wrong to begin with..lets split these two from racing together..now..."

That makes Raahil+ Arnav chuckle together as they both state collectively to the three – " Well...to be honest...you all lost on all occasions..because you already believed prior...that you would..."

And they both high five again – before Arnav swins lazily to swing his arm across his Twins shoulder as he says – " just like I always say brother...it all begins with the belief...,"And they both share a find chuckle as they see Raahil swim up to Azlaan next and nudge him playfully – " sorry...Bhaijaan...apologies..that for not letting go of my competitive spirit even for a bit in there..."

Azlaan grins as he says – " I am glad..you didn't...,"And the five of them – fall into a happy casual chatter – about how lovely the morning was – and how amazing it was to begin the day with some good swimming sessions.

The last 36 hours – needless to say were quite eventful emotionally for everyone – gathered up in the holiday home in Baharain. After Alice's arrival that night – and dinner after – the two mother's had obviously got some alone time with Khushi as planned between them and talked it all out with her in great detail and by the time they'd finished – the determined , dorted, emotional resolve they'd spotted in Khushi's eyes told the two – that she'd understood exactly what they wanted her to understand and she was going to be working on it all within – in a determined resolute manner. Also by the end of the night – Alice had convinced – Raima+Arnav+ Akash+ Payal to stay at the holiday home only until they were all there.

The next day that followed – was spent with everyone spending some quality time together in order to get to know one another more.Apart from the casual time spent - Arnav spent a lot of time with Rehaan + Raahil talking about how he grew up watching his game + so many game details +techniques etc given that all three of them were all rounders technically and bowled the similar spin action too. Akash+ Azlaan spent a lot of time with one another understanding how they each worked and went around execution in their respective business models. Noor+ Khushi+ Payal+ Raima+ Alice also continued to bond in close ways simultaneously and just watching everyone around – eager to spend time towards knowing one another – also moved Arnav+ Khushi so much in their hearts they both also knew – that even though they'd all come together due to a circumstance that wasn't quite favourable on the outside – but looking inwardly – they all also agreed that this time out – just really was a blessing in disguise – laying the founding stones of the roots of sincere bonds – in between their loved ones on either sides.

Then with Maya+ Jack's arrival late afternoon – the next day – things also got a lot more merrier! Infact Brian and Sarah also wanted to like fly in but given that theyw ere ont heir honeymoon half across the glove still – Khushi told them not to worry about it because she reallyw as okay – promising that they'd all keep them in the loop of everything going on – here! And she had – obviously. Later in the evening – everyone had also sat together collectively in the living room – with Rehaan + Raahil + Noor – collectively admitting the scenario of Farah being the one to leak the news to the media and all the developments back in Lahore as this had been revealed to them. Everyone was shocked – ofcourse.Azlaan was having a hard time digesting this – given that he'd also known Farah closely and always looked at her fondly as his little sister too! Everyone at Arnav's end+ Arnav+Alice+ Khushi – were also collectively quite shocked over the revelation but they were all quite glad that Rehaan+Raahil + Noor had talked to them openly about it. The conversations that followed next was – about Raahil also admitting to all – what the internal tide at the PCB was – giving every detail about what Abrar Uncle had told them – which only led everyone to have a mature open communication about the upcoming scenario – upfront.The dinner time last evening also went on with honest open discussions about all the scenarios on the outside – because it wasn't like they wanted to turn a blind eye to it altogether. They were all on the same page that instead they had to work out ways – and support each other – and help each other navigate through these upcoming tricky water's + forcasted turbulence.Then the conversations casually tapered towards – discussing Arnav+ Khushi's upcoming wedding plans too!

And this morning – while the boys were busy in the swim race time – Noor+ Khushi+ Payal+ Alice+ Raima+ Maya were busy with their strolls around the green lush estate before they were all to gather for a collective breakfast by the pool at 830am. Infact – Rehaan had been watching the boys race one another too and he was the refree prior but then because he had a call scheduled with Abrar (because Lahore was ahead in time) – he'd made his way in and it was then the boys had gotten down to the idea of relay racing in the pool instead of the individual laps!

In the present moment now – as – the boys close in on their casual chatter in the pool and Jack suggests that they all split Raahil+ Arnav in the relay this time around- Azlaan + Akash admit mischeviously – " oh no...no...no...Jack...we are done..with the racing...have'nt we already lost enough to these two...I mean..even before..in the individual races...they were tying for the win..we were coming in 2nd, 3rd and 4th after...so guess what...we are heading for a quick sauna before everyone gathers up for breakfast..."

Jack grins at that as he says snapping his fingers – " good idea...mate..i don't think I wana lose again as well..so come on then..lets head to that sauna..."

And as the three of them begin to get outta the pool now – Raahil+ Arnav share a happy chuckle amongst themselves as they call out to the three behind them – " ahaa...look at them backing out....already...,"and Raahil winks at Arnav as he says – " which means they just believed we were going to win again..,"and the two share another high-five at that as Akash+ Azlaan+ Jack mischeviously gesture with their hands raised to the side – surrendering their defeat and they head their way in.

Five minutes later- as Arnav and Raahil were in the middle off indulging in some slow backfloat – they hear Rehaan's voice up close in on behind them as he asks – " wait...why do I see just the two of you now? Raahil?Arnav? when I walked out there were five of you??"

That makes them both straighten up in the water as they look at Rehaan collectively and admit with a grin – " they chickened out...because we defeated them in relay's back to back..."

That makes Rehaan grin – " really??,"And Raahil quickly goes on to fill in Rehaan on the same – and four minutes later before the boys could ask him how the call with Abrar uncle went – Rehaan adds smiling now resuming his refree role – enjoying the sight of Raahil+ Arnav bonding casually+ Carefree this way – " alright then..how about I pit you both against just each other this time around...get set...lets see the two of race then...is it going to be a tie this time around as well? Oh come on boys...atleast one of you win...straight out...Arnav I am counting on you..to beat my son...and Raahil I am counting on you to beat Arnav...,"And with that Arnav+ Raahil collectively share a competitive knowing look and leap right into their – freestyle laps.

Three minutes later - as they swim back on the second lap – and finish in the tie again – they both leap out placing their hand on the ledge upfront exclaiming to another – " did we just tie again??,"and Raahil looks up for Rehaan in the hope to reconfirm – " Abbu...oops...did we just tie again???"

And as he spots Rehaan busy on a call instead – by the outdoor seating around – with his expressions all calm in a staunch silence as he was nodding – he looks at Arnav instantly to see if he'd picked on the moment too. Arnav obviously had and that makes the two share another knowing look as they begin to get outta the pool with the intention to make Rehaan talk about that call with Abrar Uncle+ the call now.

As Rehaan hangs up with a different sort of a calm taking over him now – he sees Arnav and Raahil walk up to him wrapping towels around themselves as they ask collectively – " is everything okay??"

Before Rehaan could even say anything to that he hears Raahil add now as he takes a seat on the chair across of him – " Abbu...you had us race so that we wouldn't ask you how the call with Abrar uncle went? Right???"

He hears Arnav chip in next shooting him a knowing look - " you wanted to distract us...Sir?? Not going to work..clearly...we want to know...whats up??"

Rehaan nods at the two now and he places his phone calmly on the sidetable next to him now and looks upfront straight at Raahil+ Arnav and he says – " so...the idea was not to distract you both from asking me about this...for I was going to talk to you about it anyway...but the idea..was to just enjoy seeing you race...for a bit..again...it brought me immense joy...did you two tie again??,"he asks with a fond smile.

Raahil sighs at that – " Abbu...you are evading the point again..please??"

Arnav insists calmly – " he is right...you are doing just that Sir..and we won't let you..."

Rehaan admits now sincerely nodding that calm within doing wonders at helping his resolve cement – " so...as you all know..that call with Abrar on and off was about him giving me live updates about what was happening at the ongoing board meeting at the PCB headquarters back in Lahore...right now...and well...the call right now...just ten seconds ago..was also from Abrar...for the boards asked him to convey their final decision to me...they are giving me an hours time..to announce my decision of stepping down myself...or they'd go live with the public release about the same..in an hours time..."

Raahil+ Arnav exchange a knowing sigh at that and Raahil asks first – " and what did you ask Abrar uncle to convey...Abbu??"

Rehaan admits now to the two – " exactly the bit I had decided all along son...I told him to tell them...that I am not going to announce my own step down..because from where I see it I'v done no wrong...iv told him to tell them...that they have every right to announce my sacking...themselves...in any form of public statement they deem feet....so yes..its happening...and given that I am not going to announce it from my end...I think in 60 minutes from now...the PCB would relase their official statement about the same...,"and he pauses to look at Raahil as he admits with a calm smile – " they are also going to announce that its only fair that you don't face the consquences of my personal events in the past...raahil...your position stays put in the national team..as it is.."

Raahil sighs at that – " ask them to take that away as well Abbu...you know...what...I feel like...I just don't simply care anymore..."

Rehaan says to that calmly – " but I care..son...the chapter of my contribution to Pakistan Cricket directly has come to an end...but yours is till in its nascent stages son...you have a long way to go..."

Arnav swallows a gulp at that thinking of Khushi but admits sincerely to Raahil first – "Sir...is right about that...Raahil...you have a long way to go...indeed...and its relief to hear that as well...I am sure...Khushi+ Noor+Mum infact all of us are going to feel the same....,"and he looks at Rehaan up straight now as he admits sincerely – " you did the right thing Sir...I said this to you yesterday and I say this to you again...you did the right thing...in believing in your stand+ backing it till the end of it all...everything that you said in that conference most surely hit home here...in my heart...just like I know it did in a lot of hearts...but unfortunately...the mind + the worldly ways...intervene with its cunning ways...nonetheless..I want you to know sir...that I really respect you for believing in yourself...against all odds...we are with you in this...we all are...I just wanted to say that out loud again to you.."

Rehaan nods at that exchanging a knowing calm look with Arnav and then Raahil – " thank you so much Arnav..for your support...I know you mean it...down to the very T...not just you..everyone in your family too....,"and somehow as Arnav nods at that in acknowledgement - it is the sincere respect that Rehaan sees shining in his eyes for him that touches a deep chord within which also hits him with a sudden realization out of the blue and now he ends up biting his smile on reflex as he says to Arnav looking at him straight in the eye – " anyways...lets brush this news of my sacking aside for a bit...now...we do have a more serious matter to discuss in here...I just realized..."

That makes Raahil and Arnav exchange a puzzled knowing look as they ask in unison their eyes wide – " we do???????" (They both obviously couldn't believe what was more important than this – up for discussion in the moment – obviously)

Rehaan nods though simply channelizing his most amused smile as he says now – " oh yes...we most surely do...and the matter of discussion is...that you...Arnav...boy...why are you still calling me Sir?? Huh??? I just realized...that you still have been at that...Sir...thing..all this while...why?????"

And Arnav ends up admitting on reflex – " well...Sir...tahts just like out of respect...I mean...youv been a legend of our game..that I'v looked upto...plus you are like Fiore's Abbu...so I just was following the line of respect...my heart was guiding me too..."

Rehaan nods at that and exchanges a knowing grin with Raahil now (Who had already sensed what his Abbu was upto now and so he just gets his camera on record now(subtly) – so that he could save the video for his Aapa instead and he hears his Abbu continue with a grin now – " I hear you boy..and I do understand where you are coming from...but...isn't this like unfair now? I mean I know you just met me a couple of days ago and you have a thicker bond with Al already...but you call Al Mum..Khushi's already calling your Mom and Dad as that as well...and if you still continue to call me Sir...that would be extremely partial from my point of view...boy..as in as if you plan on being extremely partial towards just Alice..."

That makes Arnav bite back a sheepish smile as he admits sincerely so caught up in the moment that he didn't realise that Raahil was recording this – " well...so...Sir...my intention is not to be partial with Mum at all...it's just that...,"and he pauses as he hears Rehaan add with another grin and shrug – " see...there you go boy...you call Al Mum so easily...come on then...give it a try too...I don't like the sound of sir from you...you are going to marry my daughter in just four more months down the line...how about you begin practicing addressing me..as exactly as she does...Abbu...call me Abbu...go on..give it a try..."

The very second Arnav hears that coming from Rehaan – he feels like he'd edged up to space in one of the high speed rollercoasters in surprise+ stumped happiness on the moment that for a second he's just gone all speechless in a daze for a bit his expressions being the perfect box office scene for Raahil to get on record biting back his chuckle and it is only when Arnav spots Raahil+ Rehaan exchange a warm chuckle looking at the dazed him he relaises he was on record and so he looks at Raahil now sheepishly with a effort to find his dazed voice back – " wait..when did you even get this on record...raahil??"

Raahil winks at Arnav as he says – " well just in time...I would say...cmon you know its fair...I had to get this for Aapa..she'd kill me..or else...so c'mon..then ...go on say it...please?? Give it a try...see..Abbu is waiting so patiently....."

And at that Arnav looks at Rehaan who was smiling down at him and for a second as he remembers the flow into the bit he couldn't help but feel his heart get stumped in emotion too. The man had just been informed that in an hour from now – the PCB was going to announce his renewal and yet all he wanted to discuss was – about getting him to call him Abbu in just moments after??? So how could he not feel his gut wanting to give in too and so he says with a fond smile now – " Abbu...so how do you wana go about this though?? As in do you want Raahil to show this video to Khushi prior? Or lets stump her in a surprise over breakfast..as in lets let her listen to me calling you Abbu...in real time...first...and then maybe show her the video...raahil's got on??"

Rehaan grins at that happily elated to finally hear Arnav call him Abbu too – " I love the sound of that plan boy...I do...,"and at that he finally gets up his spot and gestures both Arnav and Raahil to come to either of his sides and they both do exchanging a happy grin – in a gesture in a side hug – displaying their solid support to him in the moment nonetheless which only made Rehaan feel all the more calm in his being within.

The Reality had come down on him with its Rains – bit was he going to let it wash over his competitive fighter spirit – within? Nah. Not at all. Instead he was determined that he was going to use that very rainwater to harness into productive energy to help construct the very beginning – of a new chapter in his Life's Innings!

The Time to Turn the Page – had Indeed – Arrived.

Meanwhile – INDIA – at the BCCI Office – PR Department

11:30 AM

Radha looks into her phone as it beeps with a text. She bites back a sigh as she reads what's written. The entire PR department was anyway in the middle of a monthly review meeting in the board room with Vikram Sir. She says now looking up at all – " Apologies Varun...to just pause you on what you were saying...but given that this news is just in...I think we better look at it..."

Vikram Sir asks shooting Radha a knowing look as she exchanges a sigh sort of a eyelock with Nikhil across – " oh...so you mean the verdict is in...I mean we all know the PCB had sat down for the official board meeting discussing the future off Rehaan Khan's tenure as the head...this morning..."

Radha nods at that and looks at the eager faces of all as she explains – " yes...sir..the verdict is in...THE PCB's has just issued an official press release that in lieu of the recent personal developments triggering the scandalous tide in the minds of the public back in the country...in the best interest of the sport in the nation going forward and – they'v decided to appoint as Javed Hussain who was their treasurer as the PCB head here on..."

That surprises Vikram and all momentarily as Nikhil asks on behalf of all – " what??? Javed Hussain is the PCB head now??Not Mr.Abrar whose been the deputy for a while??????"

Radha nods and explains looking into her phone – " exactly..i got this text from a journo friend..and iv just opened the articles popping up online...Mr.Abrar stays deputy.....also...news is that he was the first choice of PCB to step in as head but he's declined the position which is why it went to Javed Hussain who was the next best alternative at the moment...its quite the roaring breaking news of the hour..."

Vikram nods taking that in – " I wonder why Abrar let the position go...could it be because of personal loyalties I guess...the two men are known to be as close as family in personal space perhaps..??anyways...any thing on Raahil Khan in there? His future in the national team??"

Radha adds – " yes sir..there is...apparently the PCB has decided that Raahil continue in his spot as is as they did mention it wouldn't be fair to have the son bear the brunt of his father's actions...they are saying that they are rightly serving the consequences to the one who ethically asked for it in the first place...as in remember sir how Rehaan Khan said it out loud in that statement of his that..serve the consequences to my plate and I will accept it...so yeah...I think it was more of a power ego battle within the board then...anywhich ways...they'v sacked him...in a way that they'd like to term as subtle but it really isn't..also theres this article saying that apparently rumours are that the PCB asked him to step down..but when he didn't budge from his stand for he felt he did nothing wrong in taking the public stand he did dealing true to his father's heart...so then...they went ahead with their very own public release then...its all a freaking rage all over...Sir...not only in the media across the border..but the entire cricketing fraternity on the international front...people are already taking sides...some are saying...he deserved a better + respectful way of removal given the decades of contribution to Pakistan cricket..and while on the other end..some are saying...he got exactly what he asked for in that public statements...so ya..beasically another very public tug of war in terms of the reaction..."

Vikram sighs at that in a casual shrug looking at all – " Well that tug of war is going to continue for sure...as we all know...any statements from rehaan khan on this though..yet??"

Nikhil bites back a smile now looking into his phone – his respect now kind of folding mountain folds for the EX-PCB head as he says – " just this fresh piece of byte coming in..sir...Rehaan Khan's only public statement after this says..oh wait..Sir...its an audio byte..some news channel in Pakistan just got him on a call live and its gone viral in two minutes of it coming live – wait..ill just play it..," and as he does – everyone in the board room hear the calm and composed voice of Rehaan Khan fill in their ears –

" I'd like to thank the PCB for giving me the opportunity to lead the board uptil this very point. I look back at the journey fondly. Its been a great journey full of cherished memories – Indeed. Perhaps – its about time to tune into a new chapter in my life's innings this time around...but before I do so...professionally...on the very onset...of turning that very page around... I'd also like to take this moment to express gratitude to the PCB + every member on the board again for all their support throughout my journey until this very point. I also have only immense gratitude in my heart for their decision to keep the brunt of the consequences limited to me. Us Khan's – including myself and my son have always felt deeply for our national cricket and while my opportunity to serve it directly has come to an end..it is perhaps destined to continue nonetheless..through my son. May Pakistan Cricket continue to Rise and Shine. I wish the very dynamic, enterprising Javed Hussain all the best as he takes on as the next PCB head. May Allah be with him..."

They all hear the reporter on the other line ask him next – " a piece of advice for the new head coming on in Janab? He's been the treasurer at the board with you...you have worked with him in the professional sphere for a long time...he's an ex colleague of yours...there's surely something you'd like to say to him then??"

And they all hear Rehaan Khan's calm and composed voice come through with a fond undertone chuckle in it – " Which is why...my only piece of good old jolly advice to him would be – to just keep ordering the biryani from the Old Bazar that we always do for lunch - on the days off those intense round of board room meetings and discussions –for it serves as the right catalyst to keep us all fuelled and going...why if you wonder? For you see..because...its our collective favourite...our taste buds fancy the taste of it quite significantly...."

Everyone in the board room bites back a chuckle at that as they look at one another and they hear the reporter ask – " Is that all? You'd like to say Janab??"

And they all hear Rehaan's calm voice come through again – " Yes...that is all...I would like to say...thank you..,"and with that as the audio byte comes to an end – Nikhil looks up at all and share a look with a smiling Radha as he asks all – " can you all believe it..the PCB just sacks him publically...and he not only gets back at them in the most gentlemanly savage way by expressing gratitude and all that he said + he puts in the reminder for some apparently sumptuous chicken biryani they all enjoy... in there??????????"

Radha chuckles at that – " exactly........its almost as if...he's reached the point in his headspace that he's brushed his sacking aside like a fly off his shoulder... that was as savage as it could be..in the most gentlemanly way...like you said...Nikhil...but I do wonder how..sumptuous... this biryani tastes..though??"

Vikram grins at that as well on reflex – "Crickets a gentleman's game afterall..as they say... well..gotta appreciate the man..he was always gutsy that one...which is why from where I see it..I think him not leading the PCB might be a setback that they will come to realise with time down the line...,"And he looks at everyone whose got their heads into their phones catching up on the news of the hour and so he himself says to Radha now – " Radha...do us all a favour will you? Turn on the screen here up in the boardroom..we might as well..indulge in watching the news of the hour collectively..before we resume work...because I see...that no one will be able to talk work...until they'v had their share off information load on the same..."

Radha nods at that and as everyone continues to hustle and buzz and talk in the room – she finally switches on the screen and they all continue to watch the Hungama up on the News again. And for a second she couldn't help but wonder and think about how was Khushi Jones – dealing with this piece of news right now!

Simultaneously – In Baharain

Khushi continued to splash water on her face back-to-back - for two main reasons. First being the bit that even though she'd anticipated over breakfast(a shortwhile ago) that Abbu was going to be super calm and composed when the PCB actually went live with their public release announcement – she hadn't anticipated the extent+ depth of that very calm reflecting from him – when that actually happened.

At breakfast infact – the more of a highlight for Abbu had been her shocked+ happily stumped expression over hearing Arnav address him as Abbu – infact Abbu went all gaga in giggles over her widened eyes as she gaped at the grinning – Raahil+ Rehaan+Arnav in that moment with everyone else on the table looking as happily surprised as well as she'd groaned to all – " I can't believe I missed the moment you asked him to call you...Abbu...Abbu..,"And she was even more pleasantly stumped just like everyone else on the table when Raahil showed her the video of the moment – as she exchanged happy gleeful eyelocks with Arnav from across. It was after this bit that Raahil had then gone on to tell everyone about the final call – Abbu had received and even though that did affect everyones mood momentarily – it was Abbu who reminded everyone that it was perhaps time to toast a goodbye to the chapter that was and look on to the new pages coming up!

It was just as they all made their way in after breakfast - that Noor announced all to take their seats in the entertainment room as she got the screen on sighing that the PCb had indeed released their statement. And as they all sat together – and took the flashing news in+ all the Hungama that it was churning up on every tangent – they had all looked collectively at Rehaan to observe him for reaction. But when Alice only saw him shooting her a calm smile from across – she knew she had nothing to worry about. And it was just after hearing the news – rehaan had infact announced to all that he'd let the screen be on but simultaneously he'd prefer challenging Arnav to play chess with him again!(Given that the two had played a couple of games – yesterday as well)

And it was this very bit that had zapped and shocked – Khushi+ Noor+Raahil+Azlaan+Raima+Akash+Payal+ Maya+ jack the most – for they couldn't believe what they'd just heard obviously! It was Alice who helped Rehaan get the chess board instead though – with Arnav just walking on exchanging a calm smile with Khushi from across with a subtle look of that eye that said – Your Abbu is a rockstar Fiore. Don't you worry about Him.

And it was the sight off Abbu calmly laying down his chess pieces while Arnav did the same – with the news flashing up ahead on the screen – as they soon began to play – that kind off led to Khushi to excuse herself to the nearest washroom with the wish to splash her face with some cold water.

It wasn't that she was crazily disturbed or something about this development this time around.For after all that she'd realized off late within in the last couple of days + with the talks with both her mother figures about them enlightening her with the food for thought about the Life of the Lotus(A couple of nights ago) + the last 36 hours spent in complete harmony with the ones she cared for and loved immense – she felt like she'd be the fool in here – if she let this whole debacle over tide through her mission on composure once again. Mum+ Raima Mom both were right or so she thinks again splashing the water on her face again. There were going to be muddly puddles on every nook and corner – it was up to her to fight her way upto her Bloom!

And Fight she would! She most definetly would! So The second reason – why she continued to splash water over her face right now was – that with every splash – her resolve about the idea within with regards to shielding Arnav(As much as she could) from this impact – continued to strengthen. Infact she'd already begun working up on the idea.The only two people she'd discussed this for now were M and S to begin with and they were like totally onboard with her on this and were even pitching in research and support that was needed to solidify the context around her solution. Infact now – with all that had happened to Abbu – this very public removal from his term – Khushi only felt like she had to give everything to her idea so that it worked in her favour – indeed! She finishes with the splashing the water spree on her face finally – and it is as she closes the tap – another thought just comes right in which moves her daughters heart immense.

She burries her head in the towel to wipe her face as she whispers to herself now – " oh Abbu...I think I know the added reason...behind the depth of your calm..."

It is also right then she hears M's voice from the out along with Payal+ Noor's as they ask – " Khushi...you okay?? You'v been in there for a while..."

Khushi takes a deep breath and opens the door to the girls and this time around as she steps out she asks smiling calmly - " did Mom + Mum send you all to check on me??"

Noor grins - "nahh..aapa..they surely knew you'd be okay..it was Arnav bhaijaan who gestured me to get on with that.."

Payal grins – " he gestured me too...you know..Akash was all like pausing in between his chatter with Azlaan+Raahil+Jack...you know him..his senses so atuned with Khushi's ..his attention wont be back with him complete until she returns..even if that means...he'd risk losing a couple of pawns in the game of chess with uncle..."

Khushi chuckles at that as she asks already imagining the expressions on the face of the love of her life – " really?? Did he lose a pawn already??"

Maya grins and adds now pointing her fingers – " three already...babe..."

Khushi admits to the girls now gesturing them to come in for a group hug and once they do she says – " I am okay...I really am..i mena especially after the Mom's talk with me that day...Its like I know I gotta channelize my way up through every muddly puddle...coming up..its just that I wasn't expecting Abbu to dish out the chess board just then though....,"And she pauses to ask – " wait...is Mum rooting for Abbu this time ?or Arnav?? Given that Abbu sulked playfully all evening yesterday that she was rooting for Arnav instead of him..in their game yesterday.."

Noor smiles – " aapa..given the situation...right now..she's totally rooting for Abbu..obviously...arnav bhaijaan surely doesn't mind..we guessing.."

Payal grins – " oh ofcourse he doesn't.."

Maya adds – " exactly.."

Khushi continues – " so it was like I'v just been so stumped with the depth of Abbu's calm that I was just like in there by myself telling my reflection that if Abbu can harness the freaking thunderous rain of reality in such a prodictive way that he's already planning out his next professional avenues in his head thinking this to be an opportunity to do all that he couldn't all these years – I just feel like...he's inspired me yet again in so many deep ways...I mean I was out there thinking...of that little audio byte statement...he gave...and his composure while he was at it..given that we could all see him on the phone upfront...that this is just him showing me through an example...of how...to always find yourself a way...which strengthens my resolve further...and then I also realized another possible reason ro the depth of his calm..."

That makes everyone look up at her as they ask in unison – " which could be??"

Khushi admits with a sigh – " I am sure..he thinks..in his head+ heart that him not being the active PCB head anymore – might just make things easier for me...when ...Arnav and me eventually come to light in terms of the puclic reaction back in India...I mean..there's still going to be a tsunami of hate...but I am sure he thinks it could have been double the hate tsunami for us if he was the active head..i guess..,"And she pauses for she spots Noor's expression immediately give her away and given that Khushi has come to read her well she asks – "  I am right??aren't I Noor??Did Abbu already mention the same to you and Raahil???"

Noor nods and admits sincerely – " he did aapa...like last night itself...for just when we all retired and you were with Raima aunty+Alice aunty+ Akash+ Payal + Arnav bhaijaan for a bit...we went to talk to him about what time his schedule call with Abrar uncle was this morning and everything..and then eventually he just admitted this very bit out to us..he thinks its another silver lining in here..aapa..this whole situation around his sacking...for you like personally.....for Arnav bhaijaan too..for he feels like ....if he's not the active head at the PCB...the tide of Consequences coming Arnav bhaijaans way professionally might be like tapered to some..extent....just like he thinks it's a silver lining that Raahil continues as is and its just him bearing all this brunt..."

Maya admits with a deep in thought nod – " well to be honest K...unfortunately...I think...he may be right...about this...on both those accords...Raahil+ yours and Arnav's"

Khushi sighs and exchanges a knowing look with Payal now as Payal says – " yeah..maya...uncle may be right...but its just so sad that its come to this...we are all so glad for raahil..but he's still not smiling much though...Raima aunty and Azlaan are with him – talking him through it..."

And that makes Khushi say to everyone as she takes a determined deep breath to steady and cement her resolve within – come on then girl's..lets go in...I wana talk to Raahil first up as well...I gotta be the one to also tell him right very now - that as Abbu's kids now...we most surely need to learn this bit from him...and not only learn but literally figure out ways to execute the very same for us over and over at the step off every hurdle....that when...Life rains its reality thunder down on you...you don't freaking let it drown you...instead...you build yourself the most efficient mindset dam within your mind...so that you can harness that very freaking rainwater from its stores to help generate the positive energy + power needed to steer things forward...your way..."

And as they all collectively nod at her at that – Khushi finally shares another knowing smile with Noor+ Payal+ Maya as they all make their way back in to join everyone – her resolve now cementing into her roots a million times over!

Yes. Now - The Reality with its Thunderous Rains was surely going to be an ongoing weather forecast around her but Khushi Jones – was going to be dammed – if she let any of those worldly thunders get to her emotionally or hit her like whips - ever again! She'd work on building that Dam in her mind and when the time was right and the moment came – she knew she'd be able to Harness the Forecasted Rains in efficient productive ways! She most surely believed in her heart that her mind had the power to do so and now that she had set her mind to it – all she had to do was stay committed on her course!!

She couldn't stop the world from playing their calculative mind games – right?? But that didn't mean – she couldn't get ready to Play Some calculative mindgames with the world – too! For like they always say – It takes two to clap – which means the actions of the world at large would never result in the noise of the clap they seeked – if she didn't raise her hand in tandem to match them – giving them the reaction they anticipated!

Oh But - Raise her hand – Khushi Jones - most definetly would! Just not in the direction of reaction – the world seeked from her – though. She'd raise it in the direction – her mind+ heart deemed fit – for she felt like that would be her very own ode to her inner journey up, onwards and out to her – State of Continuous Bloom – here On!!

TADAAAAAAAA!

How was That Guysssssssss ?????????? I really hope you all enjoyed reading this update + with its various scene flows on the theme of Harnessing the Rains...I simply loved..writing it down...so very much....!!

Next Update : Monday Night

See you next week with the next update – guys!

Thanks, Guys, for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love & Gratitude

Always

Prachi

coderlady thumbnail

So good to see the family sharing some down time.

coderlady thumbnail

The board wants Rehaan to step down. Thats sad.