Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Arnav so worried about what he is wearing when he meets Rehaan for the first time.

coderlady thumbnail

Of course Khushi is so composed. They don't know she just got engaged.

coderlady thumbnail

What a moment. The trio got the surprise of their lifetime.

mysticltales111 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Hellooooo Guysssssssss....

Here I am with the next update for the week for HW3.0!!!

Once again - Seatbelts On – Dear Readers!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I would say - πŸ˜‰

Word Count – Long in length – 11.5K Words.✍✍

Taking some hours off to just Write this Out finally has truly been my Respite in taking my Mind Off – Everything Covid! And I truly hope – that you are able to experience some distraction and entertainment through the Story TooπŸ€—β€πŸ™β€πŸ’»

Also, yes this is the First Draft. Please definitely ignore editing/common repition of words errors etc – since I have not proofread.

I shall now let you all dive in without Further Delay.

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U

** If you are reading this work/story on any other platform other than Wattpad/India Forums, especially TRUYEN4U.net/ NovelHD or any other domain with the TruyenKK etc - then you are very likely to be at a risk of a Malware Attack for these sites are Mirror sites - who are reflecting our work through a malware lens. If you wish to read this Story in its Orignal, Safe, form, please go to Wattpad/ India Forums.**

Please bring it to my Notice by Messaging me on Wattpad, where in my username is - mysticaltales11111 - if you read this Story on any other platform, apart from Wattpad/ India Forums.

Disclaimer:

This Story/ Written Series is a work of Fiction.All characters are fictitious.Any resemblance to a person living or dead is purely coincidental. The depiction off fictitious characters through their cross - cultural backgrounds is also a work of pure fiction. I respect all faiths, cultures, communities with its rich diversities, equally.I mean no offence or hurt to anyone's sentiments through my work in any way whatsoever.

Take 41

Take 41.1 – That Power in Our Hearts

They just stood Still.

Or rather – Statue'd would be a better word suitable to the description.

Rehaan, Noor and Raahil – simply stood all statued in their respective spots with their eyes expanded into their sockets and jaws wide open – as their mind continued to process the sight up front of them close.

They couldn't believe it. Each of their mind was having a difficult time processing the sight in front of them for real. The only movement either of their eyes indulged in was to just gape at each other in equal shock – to just reconfirm from the other – were they also seeing the exact vision the other's eyes were soaking in????

They couldn't even nod at each other given the surprised shock had engulfed them in deep ways. The only way Raahil+Noor assured Rehaan that the vision he was seeing was exactly the same their eyes were seeing too – was through each of their eyes just popping up more by that last nano inch into their respective sockets – before they returned their collective attention to continue gaping at the sight upfront – taking many moments to just look head to toe at the man in front again.

It started to sink in bit by bit that what they were seeing was real and wasn't a figment of an imagination – that they surely had recognised who was it that were seeing standing next to Khushi - holding onto her hand tight as if his life depended on it.

It was Him.

There was no doubt about it. It really was him – India's very popular cricketing all rounder + recently appointed Test Vice Captain - Arnav Singh Raizada. They knew their mind wasn't fooling them that this really was him for real in front of them – looking back at them with a nervous smile up his lips in a stunned silence as well – with Khushi mirroring his very expression and vibe too. Their mind knew that it had not been mistaken in identifying the man for who he was - For hadn't the three seen him a gazillion times up on TV?

Hadn't Raahil played him up close in ICC games over the last couple of years + interacted with him off pitch on and off– the ASIA CUP in September of last year being the recent last event for the same?? Hadn't Rehaan observed on his game up on TV and appreciated his talent often in his mind and also out loud off late?Hadn't Raahil heard his Coaches/and support staff on the unit have their analyst's anyalyse this man's game closely before everytime they went in to play India in the ICC tournaments ??? – and Yet – perhaps the reason why each of their minds was still finding it difficult to digest what they were seeing – was simply that each of them had never even imagined in their wildest imaginations/probabilities of the mind – that the man Khushi had been with /loved so deeply – was none other than India's - Arnav Singh Raizada! That the one for whom she'd taken an autograph of her Abbu for at Gaddafi months ago under fan pretext – was none other than Mr.A which was = Mr.Arnav Singh Raizada!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say – it was obvious that it was taking time for the reality to sink,seep and soak itself in into the lanes of their mind.

And simultaneously – Arnav and Khushi also stood all statued in their spots in silence only because the shocked-surprised expressions on the three faces upfront told them both that they surely needed to give them all some more minutes to believe what they were seeing – before they even took another step in into the living room from the doorway position they were both rooted it. So -they just continued to clutch on each other's hand tight though – all the while – exchanging knowing silent glances on and off that mirrored the words – They all still look like the ground just shooketh underneath their feet.Lets just give them some more minutes before we move in.

Azlaan was the only one who was watching this entire Shocked+Surprised+ Stunned+Silent scene completely amused to the edge of space looking back and fro from between Rehaan Uncle+ Raahil + Noor and Arnav+ Khushi – every ten seconds. He'd been eyeing the time on his hand. His watch told him that it had already been seven minutes into this stunned silence in the Room – with all the five parties statued into their respective spots.

He takes a deep breathe now thinking to himself – perhaps because he was the lone spectator right now – it was on him to remind them all that they'd all been statued in silence for seven minutes already. And so he takes a deep breathe and takes his seat on the couch and straightening his back against the cushion he says out loud looking to and fro between the three on this end and the two on the other(again) – "so.... just so you all know...it's been seven minutes into your respective surprise frozen modes already....everyone...and looks like its going to stay that way for a couple of minutes...which is why its better if I take my seat...,"and he bites his chuckle secretly wishing for a popcorn bucket to magically appear in his hands.

For - This was one Helluva Scene. Indeed. With each face depicting an array of expressions that through the lanes of silence – pretty much still conveyed it all.

And Azlaan was right in his assumption as well – for even though the rest of the five parties in the room heard him with that reminder – none of them seemed to be able to move still.

Noor continued to gape at ASR shocked – her eyes now just continued to blink in DAZE! She couldn't believe the dots in the way they were connecting in her head and HOW???????? She couldn't believe it had been Him – all Along???. Now she also felt like she completely understood the other main reason why Khushi Aapa was as shaken/disturbed as she was yesterday.

Raahil succumbed to blinking in Daze too eventually even though his head was in a crazy overdrive too. For as the dots connected in his head too from all that he had heard from Khushi prior - He couldn't believe that the Indian bowler he'd lost his wicket too in the match with India in the Asia Cup – was surely bowling in to him in that game with the knowledge of their connection in the background. His connection with his Aapa that was destined to unfold into his life – just after then. He couldn't believe that for sure – ASR had known about their connection then in their casual encounters off pitch during that tournament too.And why was it so difficult for him to believe?? For now as he looked at the scenario upfront – he couldn't understand how ASR had managed to freaking not give anything away. Just How had he been able to guard this personal connection so seamlessly and strongly like a fortress –perhaps just like he guards his otherwise expressive gaming enthusiasm – from giving away his bowling strategies while coming to bowl in !!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Raahil also couldn't believe how Khushi Aapa had managed to keep a straight clueless face as they watched India's game live up on TV from the test match at Gabba the other day. How???????? Just how did she manage to keep it undercover then?? He wondered???????? But through the lanes of realisation sinking in – was also another point that was making its way through. He believed his Aapa had chosen well. Raahil had only heard good things about the man – always – apart from the good+ cordial impression he had off him anyway through personal interactions in the professional settings on and off.

And in both Raahil and Noor minds – the other central thoughts were also like – He came??? Being who he is – he literally took all the risk to come here????????? Right now???Despite all odds???????And this bit along with the bit of the sight off the ring on Khushi's finger only was a silent signal to them yet again – that he intended to marry her – come what may! – which also moved their hearts immense.

And while – Raahil and Noor had these thoughts going on and off in their minds – Rehaan's mind had been on another conflicting overdrive all together with some similar thoughts and some other. For on one side as his father's heart connected the dots that – it really was ASR whom his daughter loved so deeply- and that despite being an Indian cricketer + super popular public figure back there – he came all the way here – risking almost all – and also asked Khushi to marry him with all the chaos on the out still raging fire – continued to act like a string off added brownie points+ soft cushions in Rehaan's heart for the man - too.

In His heart – Rehaan totally felt like he couldn't be happier that ASR had come for his daughter here – despite all odds at the moment as well + everything he'd observed with regards to this man over time/years as they'd all just observed him in public gaming moments or from whatever he had heard about him through word of mouth/observed in public interviews – began to come back to his mind like a reminder too. He'd always heard good things about the boy from every player in the unit(not only Raahil) who'd interacted with ASR off field during ICC tournamanets.He had personally also got the same hunch through public observations off ASR as well that he was - Level Headed – Sorted – with great belief in Good Sportsmanship spirit – Excellent at his job – no crazy gloating high headed airs around him – well read- worldly wise etc etc. And all those reminders+ everything he had heard from Alice about him+ from Khushi begins to hit home as well and top of that – the very fact That he wanted to hold Khushi's hand all tighter – despite all odds + the sight of him holding onto his daughters hand all laced tight upfront still – continued to cushion and soften his heart over and over. His heart was getting consumed with the gut feeling – that his little girl had chosen well.

However despite the overwhelming emotion in his heart - in his mind – Rehaan also felt his worry come back to cast shadows at the hearts joy momentarily – for no one better than him to forsee the fiery heated extent to which – this whole scenario will catch a blazing fire back in India's cricketing public – when ASR announced that it was Khushi – he was marrying – in the near future. And to his mind – once again – it just felt inevitable that his little girl would be at the bearing brunt side of it all. He could totally forsee that- Just like the cricketing fan public back in Pakistan was shaming/hating on her on so many crazy tangents still – the cricketing fan public in India would do the very same eventually once they found out that their beloved all-rounder + test vice captain – intended to marry the daughter of the by then sacked – Ex-PCB president!!

And so - he finally feels his father's heart beginning to want nothing more than a one on one – with just ASR – First. There was a lot he wanted to say and a lot he was hoping to hear from him directly in the form of reassurance.For that seemed to be the only way he'd get rid of all off this now - becoming evident overcast heaviness- in the heart to go away?????????????

Meanwhile on the other side – being the perceptive one that he was Arnav was the first one to observe Khushi's Abbu's vibe go into from a surprised mode into a worried+disturbed one. He looked at Raahil+ Noor who still seemed to be in their surprised mode still – but as he looked at Khushi's Abbu – his gut told him that he was indeed right in his perception. And for a second his insides begin to get super nervous again but given that he was holding his Fiore's hand tight and she'd just clutched on it tightly again gave him the power and the intuition both as to what this could be about and so he sighs and whispers into Khushi's ears finally – " baby...you..r...Abbu...has gone from being...utterly surprised...to being very worried...in the range of last twenty seconds...do you see it too??"

Had Khushi seen it?? Ofcourse she had. She'd picked onto the observation just seconds after Arnav which was why she'd tightened her hold on his hand that tightly in nervousness and she looks at Arnav now locking her nervous gaze with his as she simply nods.

The nervousness in his Fiore's eyes right now somehow makes him forget his– making his heart leap up with determination for he surely knew he wanted to be the one to deal with her Abbu's worry – for them – himself first. He couldn't bear to see the nervousness in her eyes at this accord right now 0r ever – anymore – so he clutches on Khushi's hand back hard and whispers his gaze reassuring her now – " as far as my gut tells me...he's going to want to talk to me alone...for a bit...eventually...fiore...like father- to the man who wants to marry his daughter and I think that's quite fair...given our situation...don't you worry..k? I got this...alright????"

Khushi clutches on Arnav's hand tight at that as she whispers – " yes...baby...I know...you got this...but...,"and she pauses and just looks back at her Abbu whose face had now begun to get engulfed in deep thought and worry as she caught him looking at her/them with overwhelming emotion evident on his face now – and she just silently conveys her nervousness to her Abbu with her eyes with a deep request of the heart that says- Go easy on him Abbu to begin with.Please.I love him with all my heart and soul.He's sensed you worried.And we both obviously understand the why's? But can we not begin with that please??

And it is this almost pleading look back into his eyes from his daughter that does move Rehaan's heart a lot and he nudges aside his minds worry for a bit and shoots her a nod and a smile reassuring her that he understood her and that makes Khushi sigh in relief momentarily – as she finally hears her Abbu say first after taking a deep breathe while walking up to the centre of the room to intitate a handshake greeting – " ASR.....hello....what a surprise...it is...well..well...well...what can I say?? Fair to begin with honesty I guess???just so you know boy.... never had I imagined I'd be meeting you in a personal situation as sensitive as this one...for I'v always...seen you up and close on the field in our live games or on TV...never had I imagined you'd be standing in front of me one day holding my daughters hand tight...as the love of her life..."

Raahil+ Noor finally begin to gulp down their surprise as well now given that Abbu had finally spoken and they all hear ASR reply as he walks first from across with a sincere nod acknowledging what Abbu just said walking in to shake his hand with Khushi also walking with Arnav put by his side holding onto his left hand tight still – " hello to you...too...sir...also...Arnav...Si...r....please...call me...Arnav...and since you began with honesty...I'd like to be honest as well..while you were completely oblivious to it all...I was obviously well aware...from a very long time...that I'd be meeting you in this very personal sensitive situation....with Khushi introducing me to you as the love of her life... ....one day....from the very day on...you got to know off your connection with Khushi...,"and they all see him clutch Khushi's hand tight at that as he continues after letting her Abbu's hand go from the gentlemanry handshake – "though I gotta admit fairly..Sir......before I met her...I'd always imagined...meeting you under professional circumstances...myself....out there some day...fancied asking you for your autograph personally...even asked Raahil to get me one...back in the day during Champions trophy days......,"and that Rehaan nods instantly and so does Arnav and they both exchange a polite smile before both Raahil+ Arnav step in towards one another to shake hands with a polite acknowledging nod + smile as well as Arnav say's – " hello to you... raahil...we meet again...this time...not around our 22 yards...though..." and Raahil finally kickstarts his voicebox as he says now – " hello...ASR.... I remember...our meeting very well from back in the day and even off late from the Asia Cup oh...yes I do... ASR...apologies...I guess...it just took us all a while to process the fact that it is you...whose been with Aapa all this while...also...apologies...I couldn't get you that autograph...glad that...aapa..did it for me though...eventually"

Arnav smiles politely at Raahil at that as he says – " I am glad about that too...Raahil...and please...like I just said...call me...Arnav...please...ASR is just something our gaming world came up with...but....in my personal situations – I prefer...Arnav..."

Raahil nods at that but admits with a sincere smile – " got it...but it might take a while for me to get that out – given that I'v always referred to you as ASR at the back of my head...for years.."

Arnav nods at that with a sincere polite smile as well – "well...that's fairly... understandable...Raahil..take your time...,"and after that he finally goes onto shake his hands with Noor – greeting her as well who also shakes his hand back gaping at him in surprised disbelief still – " who knew...it would be you...ASR...who knew...I am sure...you can still see the shades of surprise up my face...look Azlaan bhaijaan there in the background is biting back his smile as if he were imaginarily eating his favourite popcorn – in a theatre..."

And that makes all five of them in the room – collectively look back at Azlaan lounging on the sofa who shrugs at them all amused – pretending with his hands – to be actually eating some imaginary popcorn – and somehow the very sight was really comic that it just cracks them all up into sharing a warm chuckle.( Azlaan was thanking the gods at this point that his action did make everyone chuckle for he had noticed Rehaan uncle's worried frame prior too – so he'd done his bit to infuse the moment with some lightheartedness)

Khushi had been just silently holding onto Arnav's hand tight all the while staying put by his side because she knew that she didn't need words to express her stand/emotions for him. She was sure her Abbu could see it in her eyes, on her face and in the way she continued to clutch onto Arnav's hand tight. She knew he was observing not just her – but Arnav too just like he had his eyes glued on their hands laced together.She knew Raahil+ Noor had their eyes on them too. She had also subtly understood what Azlaan was upto with that comic gesture which is why she just thanked him subtly with a silent nod – which he acknowledges with another nods back at her subtly.

The infusement of the little lightheartedness did the job that Azlaan had intended for as they all finished sharing a warm chuckle – Rehaan looked(once again) at his little girl's hands laced with Arnav's all tight still gazing at Arnav with so much love shining in her eyes – that it almost moved Rehaan in his heart– immense. It is also right then he spots her looking back at him with nervous eyes now and Rehaan just nods back at her subtly again and looks at Arnav straight now and says - "so....even though...Raahil did say..it will take him a while..to stop..calling you...ASR.....ASR...I don't mind giving it an immediate try....hmmmm....so.....Arnav....I'd like to thank you...so very much...for you came all the way here...for my little girl....despite all odds...I mean...we are all aware of the worldy dynamics at play here...but I must say...the very fact that you did come here all the way nonetheless...had not just stumped me...but us all...for it displays the deep conviction in your love for my little girl...indeed..."

And at the sound of that Khushi finally takes another sigh of relief thanking her Abbu silently for initiating some more casual conversation and she hears Arnav answer almost instantly clutching onto her hand tight taking a moment to look at her lovingly as well – "please...don't thank me..Sir...thank me for anything but this...for I'd say the exact bit I told her yesterday sir...she can try to build a fortress as huge as the great wall of china around her...but I'd make sure I'd breach it..for I was going to come...come what may...anyway...I was not going to leave her alone at a time like this....and I think deep down in her heart..she also knew...I would come...I just had too...it was what my heart wanted in the moment ...as well....i'd be dammed if I wasn't here by her side...right now...she's the love and light of my life...afterall...so...just about nothing was going to stop me from getting to her...obviously...not even her...."

Rehaan nods at that now – once again the sincerity in Arnav's tone as he spoke those words did not miss his eye and he admits honestly – " well....now that I have seen you...we all have seen you....I guess...I wouldn't blame Khushi for wanting to keep you out at bay and away...given the boiling+ fiery tides on the outside around us...I mean we are well aware that this whole scenario is also being mirrored in the exact similar ways across the border in the headlines/news channels in India's media..."

Raahil and Noor – nod at that as well – acknowledging the same – as they looked at Khushi – shooting her a look that said – We understand now. We most surely do.

Azlaan chips in with a nod at that as well as he adds – " Rehaan uncle...those were my very first words to him as well...yesterday..."

Rehaan nods now at Azlaan at that and returns his attention to Arnav as he asks – observing on Khushi now clutching onto his arm tight(again).He knew very well what his daughter was trying to convey to him here – silently again – " So...I reckon...you came straight here...after landing in India...from Australia...yesterday morning...??"

Arnav nods at that and he briefly goes onto give the brief highlights about his travel plans to reach Khushi – to Rehaan/Noor and Raahil – which only moved Rehaan once again in his heart but at the same time it also kept adding fuel to his worried mind – for this bit told him that Arnav Singh Raizada would move the earth upside down if he had too – to be by his little girl's side when he wanted to be – which also meant that eventually when she'd be subjected to all the wrath back in India – his deeply in love with her heart wouldn't be able to stand it – which would probably make him come out and speak up for her – and that would just lead to a continued viscious circle of hate – around Khushi – left, right and centre. So once again, Rehaan begins to feel like - He wants nothing more to get on with a one on one with Arnav first now – but then again the nervous look in Khushi's eyes melts his heart and so he takes another deep breathe and decided to delay the one on one by some more minutes and after this intense deep silence of his for these last couple of minutes – Rehaan finally asks Arnav(who had been silently perceiving Rehaan's frame for it was helping him prep his mind for his one on one) – " anyways...so...Arnav..Khushi told us..all that you were super nervous...while awaiting our arrival????really??

Arnav nods at that and because he instantly understood that Abbu was trying to initiate some more small talk for Khushi's sake before asking him to step aside for a one on one – he plays along for Khushi's sake too as he admits in a light hearted tone himself now – " yes...sir...I indeed was...very nervous...but that's also because I realised I didn't have my suit handy for the lasting first impression...and Khushi literally coaxed me into meeting you in this...official athletic training mode off mine...I was afraid she wasn't being my compliance on my wish to leave a lasting impression...you see...I mean...they do say...I look kinda more...dapper in a suit...Sir..."

That makes Rehaan, Raahil and Noor share a chuckle on reflex as Rehaan asks Khushi now softly – " really??? you coaxed him into meeting me in his official Indian units...atheleisure wear...Khushi??"

And Khushi nods at that silently again and she finally explains her reason out to all softly for the same clutching onto Arnav's arm tight which only makes Rehaan admits with a soft smile curved up his lips three minutes later – " well...If that's the why...then I'd say..it's..good...that you coaxed him into meeting us in dressed in this avatar..,"and he finally takes a deep breathe again as It sinks in – in his fathers heart deeper – that his precious girl was really irrevocably in love with Arnav and so he smiles at Arnav again and admits – " and that's good...because this athletic version of you is usually what we'v all also spotted you in mostly...as well...right??when not on field?? and on that very note – I do have to say boy – you got a golden arm indeed...or maybe a platinum one as what they say/gloat about in the media back in India....congratulations on the amazing game at the Gabba the other day...and your test vice captaincy....as well....I remember telling Abrar my deputy at the PCB then...when we heard the news that..India's chosen their next skipper and deputy well to lead in tests after Skipper Dev's retirement from first class cricket.....you play well boy...very well...infact that delivery you got Raahil's wicket with in the game in the Asia Cup was a peach of a delivery indeed...very strategically concealed...and seamlessly...executed...I think I even voiced this out loud to Raahil after the game...asking him to find more ways to analyse your bowling strategic traps better...as far as I observed from the stands in that game...you set him up that trap for the wicket all over...until he walked right into it..."

Raahil nods at that as he says with an amused smile – " oh yes...indeed...you did say that to me... Abbu..."

Arnav smiles at that on reflex at that – " thank you for the compliment + congratulatories sir...I'd also take that last bit as an added compliment...I guess..."

Rehaan nods with a polite smile – " well...you must take it as an compliment..for it is meant to be a compliment...Arnav..."

Khushi bites back her smile at that as she sees Arnav bite back his momentary daze at that as he says in a matter of fact tone to all – " apologies....for me zoning out into a fan daze for a bit...please??,"and Khushi also adds softly on his behalf – "this just him zoning out into a little fan daze...Abbu..not only because he's looked upto your all rounder abilities back in the day but also because....he surely didn't think..you'd compliment him on that delivery... taking Raahil's wicket..."

Rehaan admits at that with another polite smile – " well...game is game...isn't it?given our common love for the game...its only fair that we gotta appreciate a cricketing moment where its rightly due...afterall....right???"

Raahil admits with another nod – " right Abbu...,"and at that he hears Arnav now appreciate the one time Raahil hit him for a boundary – in the Champoions trophy final – and in the next second – the conversation steers to the common factor of cricket+ games amidst them all with Azlaan joining in for the next five-seven minutes and by the end of it – as Rehaan realised yet again that even though it was cricket that was a common link for all in so many deep ways – it was also this very bit of cricket making the three men the public figures that they were – which finally led to Rehaan saying out loud as the cricketing conversations steered to a casual end – " so....here's the thing...Arnav...if you don't mind...theres something...I'd like to talk you about now..and...alone...so if you could step aside with me for a bit ...please????"

Just as Rehaan says that – Raahil+ Noor + Azlaan look at him surprised as well and Khushi and Arnav exchange a knowing look with Arnav reassuring Khushi with a silent gaze – that don't you worry baby. I got this.And simultaneously it also takes Raahil+ Noor just five seconds to understand what could be on Abbu's mind and Noor just nudges on Raahil silently in the arm gesturing him to join Abbu in on behalf of the subtle gesture from Khushi across which makes Raahil say instantly – " Abbu...I'd like to join in on this...If that's okay? I mean...I am a year younger...but..am aapa's...brother...afterall..."

Rehaan nods at Raahil at that understanding the subtle gesture passed in between Raahil/Noor and Khushi and he finally gestures Arnav + Raahil to join him in the room – adjoining to the side of this formal living room.

Noor silently gestures Raahil to make sure that Abbu keeps things light and Raahil assures her the same and Khushi exchanges a powerful emotional eyelock with her Abbu first that pleads him again silently – Abbu, please be easy on Him.K? for my sake – and Rehaan acknowledges the same with a nod and watches Khushi share another powerfule motional eyelock with Arnav– kissing on his hand – emotionally as she whispers – " Call me in...if you need...k? im like right here...k? Arnav????,"and Arnav just mirrors the same emotion back to her with a kiss on her hand whispering – " yeah...I will...k? if I need to fiore...I told...you...I got this...k? don't worry please??,"and they finally exchange a powerful emotional nod as Arnav finally heads in behind Rehaan and Raahil.

Rehaan couldn't help but bite back his smile at that- though – for he'd obviously he'd caught onto his daughters nerves in the gesture again – but perhaps it was just more vital for him to hear the reassurance that he wanted to come from Arnav – directly in a once and for all – kind off way!

Once the three men have walked into the room – Noor immediately rushes to hug a worried +nervous Khushi whose looking at the door shut behind as she says in support – " uffoo...aapa...relax..will you please??? I am sure...Raahil will make sure...Abbu takes the talk that he wants to through...smoothly...."

Khushi just hugs onto Noor back before she looks at her worried again for Arnav – " I am sure Abbu caught onto the gesture I was trying to convery to him to be easy on him...right?? Noor?? Do you think he caught onto it too right??"

And that she finally hears not just Noor but Azlaan add as he gets up from the sofa and walks up to them – " yes...yes...Khushi...not just Noor...I got onto the gesture too...it was that obvious...so obviously Rehaan uncle understands...what this means to you...alright?? and to be honest...I don't blame him..for just wanting to talk to him for a bit...given the fiery worldly dynamics around our country's of residence....i am sure the father in him seeks reassurance that's all..."

Khushi nods at that as she looks at Azlaan and then just side hugs Noor – " well...I do know...its what his heart seeks...he surely wants to hear it from Arnav...as well...like directly...perhaps??"

Noor nods now and kisses Khushi's head – " exactly...aapa...its not like he's not happy with your choice alright...I mean we all are...ASR...I mean...Arnav bhaijaan...its what my heart wants to end up calling him in the future...is a good man...everything we;v heard/observed about him from before + everything you+ alice aunt has told us..rings a bell and connects those dots seamlessly...ok???"

Khushi nods at that as she asks looking at the closed door again – " so..should I like...just wait here...and not barge in on them??"

Azlaan and Noor share a chuckle at that as they say in unison – " he's been in there for not even thirty seconds...and you cant bear to leave him alone???"

That makes Khushi smile a little as she gulps down her nervousness and says to Noor and Azlaan – " I know...like...in my mind...I think its only fair...I let them be...like Arnav take this on...for us...first...before I join in him..."

Noor nods and asks excited lacing her hand through Khushi's in order to distract her from the moment – " indeed...aapa...so how about me you introduce me to his mother...in the meanehile...she's here too right???"

Khushi smiles at that. Perhaps the only bit that could save her from barging in on the moment in between Abbu+Raahil+ Arnav would be to have Raima Mom's comforting hand on hers and so she says to Noor nodding – " yes..come on then...ill make you meet Raima Mom in the meanwhile..she is amazing.."

Azlaan grins and nods at that – " I second that...Noor...having spent the day earlier with Raima aunty...I most surely second that..."

That makes Noor nod excited – " really bhaijaan??"

Azlaan nods at that and Noor finally steers Khushi towards making her meet and greet – Raima aunty!!!!!!!!

In the Adjoining Room

It had been just thirty-forty seconds since Arnav had walked in behind Rehaan and Raahil into the room – closing the door shut. But in his heart it totally felt like these thirty seconds – transcended into many minutes already – for he'd just been standing by near the entrance of the door within the room – ever since he'd stepped in watching Khushi's Abbu's back as he'd walked up ahead deep in serious thought – looking out the glass window in the room – that overlooked the palatial lawns of the holiday estate.

Arnav didn't know whether he should move in first – his gut just asking him to let the man have his deep in thought moment which is why he just stood casually rooted to his spot – silently watching and perceiving both Rehaan and Raahil. Raahil had also walked upto join his Abbu upfront – within the first five seconds of him walking up to the glass window.

Deep down in his heart – Arnav knew what this was about obviously. And he also felt like he was ready to express all that he had too deep down from the bottom of his heart. He knew in moments like these – only true emotions+ sincerity had the power to outshine any damm worry in the world.

Arnav knew – only that power in his heart that beats for Khushi with so much sincerity and love – could help ease her Abbu's concern at the moment. So he just waits patiently by the door – waiting for his turn to be given a chance to speak up. He now spots Raahil keep a hand on his Abbu's arm gently as if to remind him that Arnav was still right behind them in the room and they'd already given him this intense silence for these couple of minutes.

He sees Rehaan nod at that as he finally turns around and looks at Arnav straight with a polite +sincere nod and smile as he gestures him to come on in now into the room to join them on this round sofa+ wing chair with the centre table in the middle overlooking the windows – "Arnav....sorry...come on in please...I hope you didn't mind me zoning into silence for a bit...it was not with the intention to intimidate you...at all...you see...a lot there's been going on..in my fathers heart...in here....please sit...I mean..I think it's better we all take our seats...before we proceed ahead...."

Arnav nods at him politely and smiles and walks in finally towards the sofa and as he watches Rehaan and Raahil take their respective seats as well – he takes one too as he says – " no worries...at all...Sir...I understand...I didn't mind the silence at all...wasn't intimidating at all as well...I just used the moments to tell myself over and over that the moment I'd be waiting for – for ages – is finally happening...so yeah...no worries at all..."

Rehaan, Raahil and Arnav exchange a nod at that.

Rehaan was seated in the wing chair up across off Arnav who seated on the round sofa spot right across of him and Raahil took a spot at the centre of the sofa in such a way that he was seated in between his Abbu and ASR – he took this spot because it would help him see to and fro between the two easily.

Rehaan nods at Arnav now deep in thought before he looks sideways outta the window towards the green landscape outside and he admits the reason for his initial silence to begin with a lot more openly now – "not many....boy...Arnav....not many in this world...have the courage or the bravery to see through what they truly want in their heart....enough to bridge the differences that often come up because of the worldly ways.....I most surely didn't then...back then...in my story...with Alice...and given that I am aware that you know everything as deeply as the reality/truth of our lives is...I have no qualms in admitting in front off you ...or in front of Raahil as I have before a many times...that as fortunate I am to be blessed with Raahil due to how life shaped up for me after or the fact that my late wife was my bestest friend..and we were able to build our marriage on the rocks of honesty and true friendship....I'v also always felt...perhaps the reason why the wound of my heartbreak over Alice within never healed for all these decades was because...that somewhere deep down...my heart that loved so deeply/refusing to let go of the memories always blamed itself...that it wasn't brave enough...or courageous enough...to see the journey of my love through...my heart played a gazillion blame games with my mind blaming it over and over for giving up too soon/for letting us both give up....and then later on...for...just never having the enough courage to even look back...in private moments for many a times...over these decades....so which is why...I most surely have to begin with saying that I truly respect the courage and the bravery...that you seem to have in your heart to follow through the love you feel for my daughter....."

Raahil nods at that as well – silently looking at Arnav as if to say – he were on the exact same page as his Abbu at that latter bit.

Arnav nods at that silently in acknowledgement back at Rehaan and just as he is about to say something – he sees Rehaan gesture him to let him continue so he just nods in silence again and gestures him to continue.

Rehaan felt like he just had to let out the initial bit he wanted to get out to Arnav first before he even spoke anything so that it was clear that there were no misunderstandings about his intention and so he continues now looking straight at Arnav again meeting his eye seriously – " the sincerity I see twinkling in your eyes right now or when you look at Khushi...has not missed my eye...Arnav...it hasn't...I know your intention is serious for its pretty loud and clear...you want to marry my daughter...and please know..that I speak on behalf of both Raahil and myself that it truly has moved us...that you asked Khushi to stand by your side forever in the moment that could have been one of her lowest/darkest...but you...somehow turned it into a moment full of light...instead....which only cements your intentions a lot more loudly out to us...that you are here to stay....as in figuratively...that you are here to stay by Khushi's side...come what..may...."

Arnav nods at that sincerely as he answers softly – " exactly...Sir...Raahil...and to be honest..the main reason why I was kind off delaying Khushi tell you all about it being me was this...I always wanted to meet you face to face with you knowing my intentions loud and clear...that I am going to marry your daughter...Sir...for she is the love of my life..the only one...I intend to spend the rest of my life with...and I consider myself the luckiest man on earth to have her feel the same...way...for me...."

Rehaan nods at that taking a deep breathe in – his father's heart once again moved by the conviction he could see twinkling in Arnav's eyes. Raahil nods at that too and asks a thought out on his mind – "so...I wanted to ask you something.... you called...Aapa...fiore...in there...I mean we overheard..before walking in...is it something you address her fondly as??"

And Arnav nods sincerely at that keeping a hand over his heart looking straight at Rehaan upfront – " yes...I do call her fiore...lovingly..Raahil...its italian for the word flower...for she feels like that in here...in my heart...my most precious flower....for it was only when she came along...my heart blossomed in the ways...I never imagined it possibly...could...."

How could Rehaan and Raahil not exchange a fond smile at that. The deep shade of Arnav's sincerity in his tone/vibe/eyes/body language – totally matched the depth of his words yet again in the moment and Rehaan says to that nodding – " well...don't we love the sound of that? ofcourse we do...and I'v obviously heard a lot from Alice that you'v been the one to support Khushi on her path all the way to us...to have her heart unshackle its fears/insecurities..with regards to us...and take that leap of faith towards confiding the truth in us...all those months ago...."

Arnav nods at that and goes on sincerely – " I'd always be there for her...Sir...always..just like I have done by best to be there...uptil this point...there are times...she wouldn't let me be..though...like for instance when she came over to you all in Abu Dabhi...she had me...wait in the adjoining mall with her friends...like there was also time...I wanted to be there with her..in the stadiums when she watched you from afar under fan pretexts...when you all didn't know about the connection...all those times...I wanted to be there for her holding her tight because I knew how vulnerable those moments were for her emotionally...but she didn't let me come in to be with her in person citing the sensitivities of worldy dynamics around us...given that I do what I do back in India..and the two of you do what you do in Pakistan....in those moments...I made sure I was with her through virtually...in every way though...checking up on her...at every step...for like they say it's the first step towards the leap that are the most difficult to take..."

That surprises Rehaan a little as he asks straight up – " you wanted to come to Lahore with her the first time around??and the second time around to our semi's at the Asia Cup??"

Arnav nods sincerely at that on reflex that it was obvious to Raahil and Rehaan that he had no second thoughts about it in his mind at all – " indeed...sir...I most surely wanted to...but she coaxed me out of it all...and I let her..because she knows there's just this certain tone of her's /look on her face that I just cant say no too....she knows...how to have her ways with me...very well....which was also why..this time around when I landed in India and saw all that I happened...I most surely knew I wasn't going to let her coax me into staying away.....this time around...."

And Rehaan asks on reflex now following his father's gut – " and are you not afraid?? At all?say even for a second?? What this could do to you potentially?? Arnav?? you are an Indian cricketer...a very popular + beloved one at that...recently appointed test vice captain...are you not afraid at all...what you marrying my daughter...as the longest serving head of PCB now ex PCB head- - could do to you..professionally??????????"

Raahil holds onto his breathe at that for this was one answer he wanted to hear too as in he knew ASR loved his Aapa immense but he had to know – straight from his mouth too and both Rehaan and Raahil hear Arnav say now as he smiles at the sincerely and admits without a second thought – " no...I am not afraid...at all...Sir...not even for a second...for we all know...I mean...who better than the three of us to know...that just about nothing in our profession is a permanent factor...,"And he looks at Raahil first at that and continues – " Raahil...you know..we are athelets...to our respective countries...national athletes...and yes it's the honour of the highest to represent our nation on the world stage..which is why we pledge to give our roles our all...right?? until we have the opportunity to play for our nations....giving our game....just about it all...just about everything we can professionally....but at the same time..we all also know...that we are only as good until our sporting batteries last...a couple of lean patches...bad games...injuries...and we warm the bench...plus no one...no one...just about no one in the professional gaming worlds out there/or our fandoms give a damm/cares about that personal version off us – apart from the sporting avatar...who cares about what we are feeling/lows we go through/how we pull ourselves back up...out there...all everyone wants to see...is the stupendous performance all the time...as long as that stays...its all going to be rosy and merry...but one lean patch...it's the very same fandom that's going to have your head down in the dumps...we'v all seen.... athletes come...go...some stay longer...some for a shorter time....but the game..goes on..it will always go on..come what may...,"and as Raahil nods at that deep in thought – Arnav now looks at Rehaan as he continues – "plus...we all know when we stepped right into the field that we did that our careers in here...are going to be shortlived – for that's how temporary it all is depending on an upteen number of factors...I'v always trained my mind and heart with the bit that there is going to be a day that I'd have to say goodbye to the game anyway..right???due to age factor etc...so in my heart I know...that my relationship with cricket is going to be a bittersweet one anyway..for as much as I love my game...I will be saying goodbye to it anyway.........so wouldn't I be the craziest man of the highest order? To not know my priorities in here?? Why would I even risk – something so permanent in my emotions – something as deep as the love I feel in my heart for Khushi – over my profession which is anyway temporary....I'v told Khushi this...upteen number of times...I don't care about the consequences that follow...ill deal with it when the time comes...for trust me when I say this Sir...I'v always believed that personal happiness and peace/contment within should be at the top priority as well....I can face just about any damm thing in the world...as long as we - as in Khushi and me are there by each other...holding our hands tight...to see it through...together.....without her by my side...not so much..for I need her/want her as much as she needs..wants me...we anchor each other...in many deep ways...Sir..we truly do..."

That from Arnav instantly makes Raahil sigh in relief as he leans back into the sofa and looks at his Abbu nodding and smiling at that a little as well as he admits to Arnav – " Well...Arnav...you are right...about that...who better than us..to know the temporary flickering nature of our professional world...if not the last two days have only cemented the same line of perspective in my being....,"and he looks straight into Arnav's eyes now as he admits – " okay...so...just to set the record clear...Arnav...in my father's heart...I am happy...with my daughters choice...now I know exactly what Alice always meant about me not having a dime to worry about your sincerity and love for our Khushi....you are a man of honour...you have the courage+ bravery to stand by your heart...so....just like the fact that you/your family have no qualms that we as Khushi's family have our lives across the border in Lahore....I'd like to assure you that we also have no qualms about..the same...however.... just for the satisfaction of my fathers heart...I'd like to hear it from you...once again..."

Arnav nods at that acknowledging the moment and continues – "I assure you sir....just like you are assuring me...that you do not have to worry at all about this from my/or my family's angle...my parents are doctors...my sister is too...and for them...its always been humanity above all...just like its been for me...they are the ones who'v always taught us growing up that when in the line of medical aid – no other worldly labels matter - only one does – and that is of humanity and life...hence..as a family... we all collectively do share the belief that we are proud of our roots and culture but at the same time we'd like to extend similar compassion and respect for all faiths in the world out there...for each faith is unique and beautiful in its own way....and even though as man...we'v laid down these divisions amongst ourselves in the form of borders/cultural societies/faith etc etc – all across the planet earth – there is still so much in us...that is all the same...the core stuff...as humans...emotions..is all the same...we all breathe same air...look up at the same sun/sky/moon/stars...feel hunger the same way..feel the core emotions as humans too...all our organs function the same...for heavens sake...all of our blood's red too...so from where we see it...these are just wordly lines...that do not define...or control any of our decisions of deep personal significance at all....for like the say...the heart simply...just...,"and Arnav pauses at that for to his surprise he hears both Rehaan and Raahil complete the last bit for him collectively in unison with a soft smile curved up their lips – " the heart simply...just wants...what it wants....."

Arnav smiles at that – " exactly...sir...now I have no intention to subject myself /or the one I love into a misery of a lifetime only because...of the worldly perceptions...I'v always believed that no one in the world out there has any right to decide the course of my hearts happiness...Sir...only I do...I'v made my choices...and I will stand by then...tall and strong...come what may...I ain't going to risk my personal heaven over my career...I mean...Khushi knows this that as much as I love cricket..theres so much I'd like to do beyond and after as well....if anything our beloved game has taught me..is this...when playing out there on the field...give it your best...very best...so that when you walk back off the field...in your heart you have no regrets....so yes...it is what it is Sir...from where I see...it...I'v given my game everything...honestly..and I will continue to do so...but if our adminstrators...accept me to make a choice when my personal life comes to light...I am very sure about what my choice will be...."

Rehaan sighs at that as he admits sincerely – " you really are the braveheart aren't you??so much more courageous than I anticipated you to be...and gutsy too...look...Arnav...to be frank...as you say all of this it does...does bring my fathers heart some more comfort.....but I am sure you can sense...the bit my mind is worried about...though??????you know how the worldly dynamics at the moment are right?? around us??? I am sure...you can now also forsee the exact bit that I can..."

Arnav nods at that sincerely as he says – " yes...I do..understand sir...you are Khushi's Abbu..its only fair for you to worry about all the hateful attack that might come Khushi's way once we announce our wedding...as in from the cricketing fan public in India...given the worldly dynamics at play here...."

Rehaan nods at that sighing as he sees Raahil fight back his sigh too and he admits getting straight to the point too – " exactly...boy...exactly... I am sure you can forsee how the fiery impact for this could be...coming towards her...just like they are shaming her/ridilculing her back in the meida back in Lahore and our country calling her out as my child of sin and everything still...the media in India/fan reaction could be much more volaitile...given the situation of the heavy angsty history amidst our countries...Allah only knows...how severe that hate attack will be on my little girl then...and...I know by that very little gesture of her's in the living room prior through which she was clutching on your arm all tightly in a deep silence looking back at me...I know she was trying to tell me silently that Abbu for him – I'd be ready to face just about anything here on as well. That I'd be ready to become a topic of ridicule/hate....but....but..."

And Arnav interrupts Rehaan at that as he says almost instantly – " I'd never allow anyone to hurt her...Sir...I wouldn't..let them try...I'd show them then..."

Rehaan sighs and adds to that – " and your coming out in support of her...might just initiate the vicious cycle of hate around her...over and over again...and god forbid....if the administrators do opt for the worse at your end...then...it will just get worse not only for her....but for you as well...the situation on the out...boy...is going to be a lot more volatile...than it is..right now...then....i hate to be reason why she is facing the hate that she is now...and now that I have you're your convinction in your love for her...I can say the same...that you'd hate yourself for it too...eventually....,"and he pauses as Arnav is about to say something to that but once again he simply gestures him to let him continue because he felt Arnav flinch in angst and worry momentarily and his intention was not to worry him – " please...do not misunderstand me...Arnav...my intention here...is not to worry you...at all...for as much as I want to do everything in my father's heart to protect her from it....I also know I can't...I simply can't...for that is not in my hands at all...I know the two of you are deeply in love...very deeply in love...and given that I'v lived decades of my life with a massive wound of a heartbreak...I'd never wish that upon anyone..let alone my own precious daughter....so instead...I ask you this...today....boy...Arnav...do you think....you have it in you..in your heart.....in....your being....to love her enough???? Does your heart have that power in it...to love her enough...so much so..that the hateful attacking waves...coming towards her from our respective countries...has no impact on her innocent heart????for as strong as hate is in its onslaught...theres only one emotion that can outshine its darkness...and that is love...so all I ask of you is this today....Arnav...do you think...you have it in your heart to love my daughter enough????? Deep and enough for it to become her protective shield...from the world hurling hate at you two out there?????? I am going to ask her the same...for as well..for just like your love could be her sheild..her love could be yours...against all the hate....,"and he pauses at that to finally look straight up in Arnav's eyes – for he wanted to see the emotional resolve in them – first. For the eyes answer way before the words reach out our mouth.

And the very second as he spots Arnav's emotional resolve strengthening a lot more in his eyes at that as he looks back at him fearlessly in the eye and states in the next very bated breathe – " yes Sir...I have it in my heart to love her enough...so much so that no hate will ever be able to wither even an ounce of her spirit....she's my fiore...like I told you....i'd be dammed if I let the worldly hate out there...wither her in anyway...for you are right Sir...I do agree with you that perhaps it truly is that miraculous power in our hearts that can churn out our very own protective shield in the moment....so...I assure yiu Sir...you have my word...as the man who is going to marry your daughter/her future husband....that my love for her will only strengthen more and more by the day....that it will like our very own immunity against...hate...we make our own bridges sir....we always do...we both believe that it is on us...to make our love...enough....,"and as Arnav pauses at that – Rehaan finally feels all that heavy worry in his heart lift up and away. For he had seen what he needed to in Arnav's eyes.He had heard what he had needed too.

Raahil finally sighs in utmost relief at that as he observes his Abbu's facial expressions let go of worry now completely and gets dominated by overwhelmed fatherly expressions now and he says now out loud grinning back at Arnav – looking to and fro in between his Abbu and Arnav because they were looking at each other with a deep look that reflected an emotional understanding with a knowing smile each up their lips for it seemed like ASR knew and understood very well he'd won Abbu's accecptance with that and he could also sense that Abbu knew that Arnav had sensed he had– " okay....seriously....Abbu...I wish...Aapa...was here...to hear this out loud...you know...like to hear him say all of that out loud to you....,"and he pauses because they all hear collective loud knocks at the door now with Khushi's worried voice coming through – " Abbu...Raahil...Ar.nna..v...open up...please??? you'v all been in there for what seems like ages now....i am dying here in nervousness....Abbu...you arent giving Arnav a hard time...are you??? Arnav?? is Abbu giving you a hard time??? Raahil...for christs sake...atleast you answer me...or come here to open this godammit door...please....."

Raahil chuckles at that as he looks at Abbu and Arnav – " Can i?? I mean...let me go open the door...you two..before Aapa...kills..me????"

And at that Rehaan finally breaks into a grin and so does Arnav as they look at each other and say to Raahil in unison standing up from their seats – " please open the door...Raahil..."

And right at that Raahil nods at the two and rushes to the door to open it and just as he does – he sees his Aapa rush in worried with tears in her eyes as she asks the same questions she asks by the door in a worried rant reaching to Arnav's side almost immediately before she fills in nervous to Arnav and Abbu – " Noor, Azlaan, Raima Mom wouldn't let me barge in obviously...but I just couldn't take in...they are still in the room..talking..waiting...I just made up an excuse to get something from the kitchen...and came here instead....," and Raahil almost bites back his smile as he closes the door back and walks up to the centre.

Khushi was so consumed in her nervousness still at the moment that amidst her rant – that she didn't notice the relax vibe in between Abbu and Arnav and she continues to ask rubbing on Arnav's arm(Whose heart was overflowing with love watching her emotions at the moment as well ) – " tell me...Arnavv...please...did Abbu give you a hard time??,"and she looks at Rehaan to ask – " Abbu...have you really been giving him a hard time?????oh why won't you two say something???????????"

Rehaan bites back his chuckle at that with great difficulty as he simply folds his arms across his chest and gestures Arnav silently to answer first instead as he finds his precious daughter narrowing her nervous eyes at him again and he just watches in silence with Raahil coming in to stand next to him and they see Arnav finally turn around to hold Khushi's both hands in his as he smiles and says – " nahhh....fiore...he wasn't giving me a hard time at all...just discussing the obvious...we were almost done...actually...."

And that smile of his finally hits Home – as Khushi feels her nervousness get easy as she looks in between to and fro from Abbu+ Raahil to Arnav – " wait..wait...you are smiling...you are all smiling..."

And at that Rehaan finally says biting back his smile a little taking his seat back in the wing chair – " actually Khushi..beti..good that you came on in...I have something to ask you...as well...we were about to call you as well...."

Khushi nods at that puzzled but relieved in some sorts as she finally takes her seat next to Arnav lacing her hand with his all tight and before she can ask her Abbu anything – she hears Arnav ask him – " Sir...is it okay..if I fill her in on the last bit...you asked me??"

Rehaan nods – " yes....okay....why not?? I mean...yes...you tell her..."

Raahil beams within in happiness – taking on the moment with every expressional detail of all three for he knew Noor would make him enact it to her later.

And Khushi hears Arnav say as he looks at her sideways and into her eyes – " your Abbu wanted to know...if I could love you enough fiore..to overtake the impact of hate...as in...that no amount of hate coming your way/our way from my side of the world which we know will come eventually with its tides – could have its dark affect in your heart ...wana guess what did I say then??????????"

Khushi feels her eyes well up at that as she says softly on reflex looking back at her Abbu – " he most surely said...he would...that we make our bridges...that we both believe that it is on us to make our love....,"and to Raahil + rehaan's collective surprise – they hear Khushi go on to say the exact meant words that Arnav just said to them out loud – a couple of minutes ago.

And that from Khushi with welled up eyes + the way the two were holding onto each others hand tight - finally brings a lot off overwhelmed emotions into Rehaan's eyes too as they swim with tears and he asks – " well...I was going to ask you the same thing..beti...but looks like I don't need too...you surely know...what you are sailing towards don't you??? it is also on you to have your love be Arnav's shield too? through whatever tide comes his way..."

Khushi finally feels tears of relief make down her eyes as she whispers back to her Abbu sure that he could sense the emotional resolve in her eyes as well now – " ofcourse Abbu...I have it in me..to love him enough...our love will be our strongest shield...we can make it our strongest shield...not that it already isn't strong enough...but we both know...that perhaps...it is that miraculous power in our hearts that beat with so much love for one another...that will be our own emotional submarine...through these stormy waters up ahead..."

Rehaan smiles at that now as he asks with a gesture – " submarine..you mean..like the one that dunks down in...beti??the two of you surely have a quirky way to term through things...we make our own bridges...now submarines...context please??"

Khushi smiles at that and nods and explains living the fond memory looking at Arnav from the side lovingly – " so...its just this thing in between of us Abbu...as in..there was this time...in London back in the day...we were by the tower bridge..and I asked him...if he thought...love could be enough...because at that point I thought...it probably wasn't given the way Mum and yours story was to my head at that point..and Arnav simply said...that from where he sees it...it can be enough...if two people..badly and equally... want it to be enough...,"and she goes onto give him a brief context of it all and two minutes later she just clutches on Arnav's hand tight as she whispers looking back at Abbu – " so yes...Abbu...ever since then...its what we do..whenever..we hit like a tricky situation...we work towards...our own emotional bridges..submarines..to get our way across..for as Arnav says..all that matters is that we find our way across...we go up way..or fly way...dunk way..like head on/lie low/build up our immunity/defence mechanisms...I mean...you get the analogy don't you?????? but we help ourselves...through it..come what may....and he just refuelled that very beleif in me all over again...by coming here too me yesterday.. and all that's happened..after....we won't break under any onslaught of worldly hate...if at all..from where we see it..it will only make us stronger......"

And as Khushi finishes that – Raahil and Rehaan exchange a further relived knowing smile and Rehaan says again with a smile - " well...now I know a lot more clearly...why Alice says what she does...about you...boy...you'v been a magic godsent miracle for my girl..."

Raahil grins as he catches on Arnav looking back at Khushi in momentary awe and asks him whats up to which Arnav simply bites back his smile at that as he looks at Khushi directly and answers Rehaan first- " Sir..she's my godsent miracle too...also...Raahil...you see me in awe because
.." And he continues to explains grinning cheekily at Khushi – " you really recited that moment...word for word...didn't you fiore..?? you see Raahil...which was why I was just stunned in awe..for it makes me super happy to know...that its so vividly etched in her memory...,"which earns him a nudge in the arm from Khushi as she says looking back at him playfully – " oh...stop gloating in air...you most surely know that every moment with you is etched vivdly in my memory....Arna...v...,"And she looks at her Abbu now with hopeful eyes dying to hear him say – Yes to the bit she just needed to hear – " so Abbu....does..this mean...we have your blessings????? Like...us....as in...We both have your blessings don't we??????????????"

And Rehaan finally nods at that happily as he says – "yes...yes.... indeed...you do.....you both do have my blessings....how could you not?? Your man here...clean bowled..the stumps in my fathers heart with the conviction in his love for you...just like he clean bowls the stumps on pitch....,"and that he stands up from his chair gesturing Khushi to leap into his arms already.

Khushi does so immediately for finally hearing her Abbu say that out loud to her meant the world – just like she knew it meant to Arnav.

And how does Arnav feel at the very sight and knowledge????? Arnav feels his heart literally leap up into the air at that as he simply pumps his fist in an exhilirating YESSSSSS on reflex – in joy – just like he often does on the pitch after claiming a wicket – which makes Raahil shoot him a knowing look as he comes to stand by him as he says amused – " I'v seen that one....ASR..."

Arnav chuckles at that watching on the happy sight of Abbu hugging Khushi tight and her succumbing into happy tears in his arms thanking him over and over for his blessing and support and he looks at Raahil and points out – " Still calling me ASR?? Arnav...please??"

Raahil grins – " give me a day..perhaps??"

Arnav nods and at that they both look up as they hear Rehaan ask from across to Arnav – " boy...what are you standing there for?? come on here?? Only fair I welcome you...as a part of us...with a hug..now..."

And at that Arnav finally nods happily zapped and walks upto Rehaan beaming at Khushi in glee just like she was beaming back at him – and just as Rehaan pulls both Arnav and Khushi into a collective warm group hug - Raahil feels his heart capture the happy sight in his heart – Forever!

Rehaan pulls back from hugging the two emotionally a couple of minutes later and after kissing a emotionally overhwlmed and happy Khushi on his head - he says to Arnav – " come on...now...Arnav..introduce me...to your mother...please?? its only fair...that I begin with paying her my regards, respect, and welcoming her..and also thanking her for being in support for my little girl...until we arrived...."

Arnav nods at that happily and Raahil says – " yes...yes...we gotta meet aunty...I am sure...Noor's already had her moment with her...also...looks like we are even stevens then...I mean...I'd just tell her..she cant be mad at me for catching up...on the moments in here without her presence for she caught up on some..without me too...,"and that makes them all share a happy chuckle as Khushi says now wiping her happy tears after locking her happy gaze with Arnav's for a second before looking at Abbu to explain – " Abbu...you know what...Raima Mom's obviously waiting to meet you too...but its like...I just realised....even Mum hasn't met her yet in person...I mean theyv been in touch over video call and everything for a while...but they were yet to meet...in person...so turns out...not only you got to know about Arnav proposing before Mum...you get to meet Raima Mom too..first..."

And Rehaan kisses Khushi's head at that as he whispers – " well...I will let her in on the moment..obviously...but will it be selfish if I say...the father in me..is kind of glad...that I am in on a couple of significant moments of your life...first..this time around....,"and he pauses to just hug Khushi all tight in his arms again at that before they all begin to head their way out – and as Rehaan watches Arnav and Khushi pace up ahead of them hand in hand – all lost in their happy moments too – for a second – he pauses in his tracks to wipe the happy tears that had come to the corner of his eye.

He hears Raahil whisper to him happily from the side lacing his hand around his shoulder – " are we crying?? Abbu??"

And Rehaan nods happily at that as he answers – " yes...but you know these are happy tears...bete...remember what I told you prior..to us reaching here...that seeing you and Noor...I was just praying to Allah for Khushi too...and now..as I look at them...I feel so relieved and happy...for them....for they truly collectively believe that - that power in their hearts is all that matters...and beleif...is everything...son...it is everything......indeed...," and he hugs Raahil at that happily – again.

How could Rehaan not be the exhilarated fatherly version off himself right now – when he had most surely had sensed all that he had?????????????

And so all he could do was send his sincere fatherly blessings their way over and over again – his heart beaming in joy – as both Raahil and him made their way towards meeting Arnav's mother now – as they heard Khushi happily calling out to them from the room across.

And Rehaan bites his smile for a second too. Oh how glad was the father in him to finally make it first to one of the most significant moment in his little girls life! He also found his eyes going to his watch on their own accord.

Why?????

Because he just couldn't wait for Alice to arrive later tonight obviously! Oh she was in for a Surprise off a Lifetime wasn't She???????????????

TADAAAAAAAA!

How was That Guysssssssss ?????????? What do you all think of the much awaited scene and its flow of Rehaan+ Arnav's meet????????????????????????? Did you all enjoy the reading experience of the same????? I really hope you all did...I simply loved..writing it down...so very much....

Next Update : Tomorrow Night

See you soon with the next update – guys!

Thanks, Guys, for all the Support and your Precious Time to my Work!

Much Love & Gratitude

Always

❀

Prachi

coderlady thumbnail

What a shock for them all. The can't believe their eyes.

coderlady thumbnail

Now they all understand Khushi's fears. Witth the media attention, this could get ugly.

coderlady thumbnail

The men are talking alone and Khushi is all tensed up.

coderlady thumbnail

Rehaan wanted to make sure Arnav is not worried about consequences of his decision to be with Khushi.

coderlady thumbnail

Rehaan is worried about the potential hate storm coming their way.

coderlady thumbnail

Arnav totally reassured the father in Rehaan that he will be there for his daughter.