Pandya Store

Why did Dev scold Rishita today?

ananya269 thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

I didn’t hate Rishita today. She seemed genuinely concerned for Dhara when she fainted. Then she went and got Nimbu paani for everyone. It is a sensible thing to do when someone faints due to exhaustion or heat. 

I get they are all concerned about Raavi-Shiva but they can’t ignore their own health. Even if they were fasting before the puja, every religion says that people can eat something before puja if they’re unwell. So Dev shouldn’t have scolded Rishita. Instead he should have insisted his Dhara bhabhi to drink the lemon juice. 

Btw, Raavi-Shiva scenes  I’m so happy they’re behaving like themselves. Their equation hasn’t changed. And Shiva got so angry when that gunda uncle tried to touch Raavi ☺️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ms.ObseSSeD thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Mhh, while I'm glad he's finally opening his mouth, I do have to kind of agree with you. Today I didnt find what she did wrong either. Especially compared to everything else she HAS done, moments where it made more sense for him to yell at her, he kept quiet then. 

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I agree with you. I think knowing what she knows (at the time not aware of kidnapping) it was very reasonable for her bring Nimbu Pani to keep everyone hydrated.

But if I may be a Devil's advocate then I'd say he was really worried for his siblings and thought of eating drinking anything when he's tensed didn't sit well with him. And Rishita's actions just irked him. Sometimes you do that in stress. Doesn't mean it's right. It's just to show I can see where he came from.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I have to say, her intention was good. Just timing was off and Dev was extremely agitated so he yelled at her. 

But then she proceeded to drink a whole glass. I chuckled, not going to lie. 😆

Foxii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Rishita needs to adjust and Dev needs to learn how to react and when.

Rishitas intention was perfectly fine, but if Dhara or Raavi was at her place they would persuade more... like bhabi please pee lijiye...etc

Dev has really kept mum at other situations where he should have scolded her.

ananya269 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Foxii

Rishita needs to adjust and Dev needs to learn how to react and when.

Rishitas intention was perfectly fine, but if Dhara or Raavi was at her place they would persuade more... like bhabi please pee lijiye...etc

Dev has really kept mum at other situations where he should have scolded her.

Exactly. She should have been a little more insistent and a little kinder. But it’s Rishita! She still has a long way to go before she becomes a Pandya family bahu in true sense. 

by_stander thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

They might have cut some dialogues in between maybe?

masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

While I agree that Rishita had good intentions in that scene, I also feel that she isn't an entirely bad person with evil intentions otherwise.

Dev and Rishita dated for two years and in all that time, not once did Dev address the importance of his family and especially his Dhara bhabi. They both come from VERY different worlds and that easily warrants a discussion about their different upbringings and different family dynamics (ie. in his family, Dhara bhabi = maa). Rishita was raised as a spoilt brat and had every luxury at her disposal, how can she possibly adapt to a completely different lifestyle overnight?! 

I understand that her possessiveness over Dev is childish, but again, she was never mature and sensible to begin with. Dev also didn't help her case by keeping her oblivious to his lifestyle and now he expects her to be more understanding like Dhara bhabi or more empathetic towards Raavi's heartbreak. It's not fair to have these expectations of her without giving her any guidelines beforehand. 

I know I'm on an odd tangent here, but the way I see it is that Rishita'a bratty behaviour is far more justified than Dev's frustration and irritation at her. Dev knew better from the start. He knew who he fell in love with, what her life and upbringing is like, and how it won't be easy for her to accommodate in a middle class family. Yet, she left everything and everyone for him, so the least he can do is communicate his expectations and priorities to her instead of just glaring at her. No one can adapt to their post-marriage life overnight,  certainly not someone like Rishita! Dev needs to quit basking in his guilt of leaving Raavi at the altar and start helping his wife, the woman he apparently loves, transition into his home.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: masin

While I agree that Rishita had good intentions in that scene, I also feel that she isn't an entirely bad person with evil intentions otherwise.

Dev and Rishita dated for two years and in all that time, not once did Dev address the importance of his family and especially his Dhara bhabi. They both come from VERY different worlds and that easily warrants a discussion about their different upbringings and different family dynamics (ie. in his family, Dhara bhabi = maa). Rishita was raised as a spoilt brat and had every luxury at her disposal, how can she possibly adapt to a completely different lifestyle overnight?! 

I understand that her possessiveness over Dev is childish, but again, she was never mature and sensible to begin with. Dev also didn't help her case by keeping her oblivious to his lifestyle and now he expects her to be more understanding like Dhara bhabi or more empathetic towards Raavi's heartbreak. It's not fair to have these expectations of her without giving her any guidelines beforehand. 

I know I'm on an odd tangent here, but the way I see it is that Rishita'a bratty behaviour is far more justified than Dev's frustration and irritation at her. Dev knew better from the start. He knew who he fell in love with, what her life and upbringing is like, and how it won't be easy for her to accommodate in a middle class family. Yet, she left everything and everyone for him, so the least he can do is communicate his expectations and priorities to her instead of just glaring at her. No one can adapt to their post-marriage life overnight,  certainly not someone like Rishita! Dev needs to quit basking in his guilt of leaving Raavi at the altar and start helping his wife, the woman he apparently loves, transition into his home.

I agree on the Dev part. That being said, Rishita can behave with some empathy. That's just basic human decency. She lacks in that badly. 

Adapting isn't a question, as it takes time to adapt. Dev, didn't open his mouth when it was needed. He was unnecessarily rude to her in this episode when just a while ago he was explaining very nicely. 

Both of them need to work together to make the relationship work. 

masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Absolutely! It's going to take two to tango and they're going to have to figure that out. 

You're right about having human decency, but while any common person has that, Rishita simply doesn't. She grew up in a family of goons, her Bua slapped Dhara for no reason, her parents locked her up, the list is endless. I'm not trying to justify her negativity, but I think there's enough reason for her lacking certain personality traits that perhaps the Pandya family can later on teach her and help her develop.