‘Height of vulgarity’: Shobhaa De & Shruti Haasan Slam B Town

Posted: 2 years ago

Exactly.Pretty insensitive of these celebs to flaunt vacation  pics while the world is battling a pandemic and the situation in India is grim right now.

these holiday pictures of celebs are so tone deaf 

They shouldn't post these pictures on sm accounts that everyone can access. It seems cruel and out of touch given their followers are regular people. But also pretending they are living the same life as us or people getting preachy about how they should help instead of going on vacation seems out of touch to me as well. Everyone is on a different socioeconomic level and we all have access to different things because of it. As great, and kind and giving as we would like to be I assume for us regular self-absorbed people priority is taking care of ourselves in whatever way we deem best. 

I understand celebs who might feel they need to get away. Unless they are breaking travel rules (which in that case they should be legally prohibited from leaving or entering) and unless they are disregarding rules which endanger others I don't see a problem with it. Would I personally go on a vacation right now? No. But am I the type who was used to traveling all the time like these celebs and now it has been taken away from me? Not really. It's fine if they travel. It's fine if they are enjoying themselves. They don't have to suffer because people are suffering. As long as they are not doing things to add to other people's suffering. In that case yeah I would say they have reached the height of vulgarity. 

Originally posted by Rhimjhimsawan

They shouldn't post these pictures on sm accounts that everyone can access. It seems cruel and out of touch given their followers are regular people. But also pretending they are living the same life as us or people getting preachy about how they should help instead of going on vacation seems out of touch to me as well. Everyone is on a different socioeconomic level and we all have access to different things because of it. As great, and kind and giving as we would like to be I assume for us regular self-absorbed people priority is taking care of ourselves in whatever way we deem best. 

I understand celebs who might feel they need to get away. Unless they are breaking travel rules (which in that case they should be legally prohibited from leaving or entering) and unless they are disregarding rules which endanger others I don't see a problem with it. Would I personally go on a vacation right now? No. But am I the type who was used to traveling all the time like these celebs and now it has been taken away from me? Not really. It's fine if they travel. It's fine if they are enjoying themselves. They don't have to suffer because people are suffering. As long as they are not doing things to add to other people's suffering. In that case yeah I would say they have reached the height of vulgarity. 

Agree 100%. And Maldives is pretty strict too

Im being honest- life has been tough the last few months. If I had the resources to jet off for a few days, I absolutely would. Yes, I probably wouldn't flaunt it via social media or PR bytes...but so far I don't know what the fuss is about. This is how the 1% all over the world is coping.

Shobhaa De is such a troll

It’s insensitive even though they have the resources.

Originally posted by TheMinion

It’s insensitive even though they have the resources.

The anger is misguided. What is insensitive is asking the public to fend for themselves when the medical infrastructure is crumbling. Instead of once again training our guns on Bollywood, we should be asking all state and central govts to answer uncomfortable questions about bed and oxygen shortages. Last I checked Ranbir and Alia were not in charge of the health and safety of our families.

Edited by Sashay01 - 2 years ago

At they very least, they could pretend to care. That is what is rubbing people the wrong way

Especially when they keep on harping about how great Mumbai is and how proud they are to be Mumbaikars and keep gushing about how the city and its people are able to bounce back from great adversities, etc. Now people are literally dying left, right, center in large numbers - the least they can do is be considerate to it. 

I hope Ranbir Alia will have their wits about them and not post public pics from their latest vacation which has already come under a lot of scrutiny. Them getting snapped at airports is something they cannot control 

The thing is, even when India had low case numbers and Maldives was open for tourism and travel, there were sooooooooooooo many Bollywood and ITV celebs going on holiday. People who had no idea about how mutations may work or that they could import mutations or infections; the public including these celebs' fanbots were DEFENDING them and saying people cannot stop living and everything is being done to prevent further spread and all the facilities are in place. Please state what these facilities are? 

The public also started throwing caution to the wind and gathering in places in large numbers, partying, clubbing, not social distancing, not wearing masks, not exercising caution. 

In fact I read so many articles from India about herd immunity, rural populations, melanin and vitamin D due to being in the sun, special lung proteins and no one was prepared to acknowledge that a second or third wave might happen. Examples of countries in Europe and North America that had deadlier 2nd waves due to mutations fell on deaf ears. 

People with medical backgrounds that were calling BS on these theories and saying a 2nd wave was inevitable and could see from experiences in their own countries were called anti-national, not patriotic, not Indian in soul and heart, told apna dekhlo apne so-called country mein, etc....

Sadly, those people were right. 

Also, there is not enough evidence that convalescent plasma is of any benefit in reducing risk of fatal outcomes or reducing hospital stay. In fact there are reports that might increase the risk of further mutations in the viral spike protein. There is not enough evidence regarding Remdesivir. Will poor families be able to afford monoclonal antibodies such as tocilizumab? What evidence is there on using antibiotics such as Azithromycin or co-amoxiclav in a VIRAL infection unless there is secondary bacterial infection? Are people even using dexamethasone correctly? So many questions. But hey what do I know. Hum apna dekh lenge thanks to Pfizer and Moderna and AZ and J&J and Novavax; HOWEVER for the sake of humanity and compassion towards fellow humans it pains everyone to say that some people were right; they should have been listened to. 

Originally posted by Stardust91

HOWEVER for the sake of humanity and compassion towards fellow humans it pains everyone to say that some people were right; they should have been listened to. 

When have we ever listened to the sensible. We only listen to the idiots shouting in rallies and on social media and on primetime news channels