Shubh23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Hi guys, 

I am seeing that from quite sometime people are saying that the quality of the show has deteriorated and the earlier episodes were much better. But, somewhere I agree to disagree. Not that the earlier episodes were bad and the new episodes were good, but I feel that we all love the earlier episodes more because it was something new, our tastes were quite different then, and when a show like tmkoc, which is running from the past 12 years, its quite likely that with time, it will start loosing it charm.

However, I still believe that the show's core is much better and realistic in recent times. The character growth is tremendous.Earlier, all the people were extremely obnoxious and rude, but now they all have a sweet and sour relationship, which I personally love to see.And I truly believe that comedy with a tinge of social message is a great concept. 

When you are tired and come back from home, you wish to see something happy, sweet and funny to relive you of your daily tensions. 

But yes, I also feel that a few things can be changed for the better.

Like,

1). A new Daya ben could be brought in, since, Disha is not likely to comeback on the show.

2). A new character could be introduced either as Popatlal's wife or a new resident with their own quirky side.

3). Apart from the repetitive comedy dialogues, since they have also become a trademark of each character, certain more comedy moments can also be done.Bacause too much of comedy also will start looking overdo.

4). I would honestly not prefer seeing babies of Babita-Iyer or Taarak-Anjali. I don't think they will really add to the fun element of the story and not all need to have kids (just my opinion), especially with tapu sena grown up now.

5). All comedy scenes don't necessarily need to end as Jethalal's dreams and Bapuji should also be given more funny dialogues apart from his wisdom.

All in all, keeping the core of the characters and story intact, a few changes here and there, can be successful in bringing back the show's lost charm.However,I would say its tmkoc is still one of the most entertaining sitcom (especially with all the naagins and other saas-bahu dramas becoming popular), with zero vulgarity and good actors.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

caraj4u thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shubh23

Hi guys, 

I am seeing that from quite sometime people are saying that the quality of the show has deteriorated and the earlier episodes were much better. But, somewhere I agree to disagree. Not that the earlier episodes were bad and the new episodes were good, but I feel that we all love the earlier episodes more because it was something new, our tastes were quite different then, and when a show like tmkoc, which is running from the past 12 years, its quite likely that with time, it will start loosing it charm.

However, I still believe that the show's core is much better and realistic in recent times. The character growth is tremendous.Earlier, all the people were extremely obnoxious and rude, but now they all have a sweet and sour relationship, which I personally love to see.And I truly believe that comedy with a tinge of social message is a great concept. 

When you are tired and come back from home, you wish to see something happy, sweet and funny to relive you of your daily tensions. 

Like,

1). A new Daya ben could be brought in, since, Disha is not likely to comeback on the show.

2). A new character could be introduced either as Popatlal's wife or a new resident with their own quirky side.

3). Apart from the repetitive comedy dialogues, since they have also become a trademark of each character, certain more comedy moments can also be done.Bacause too much of comedy also will start looking overdo.

4). I would honestly not prefer seeing babies of Babita-Iyer or Taarak-Anjali. I don't think they will really add to the fun element of the story and not all need to have kids (just my opinion), especially with tapu sena grown up now.

5). All comedy scenes don't necessarily need to end as Jethalal's dreams and Bapuji should also be given more funny dialogues apart from his wisdom.

All in all, keeping the core of the characters and story intact, a few changes here and there, can be successful in bringing back the show's lost charm.However,I would say its tmkoc is still one of the most entertaining sitcom (especially with all the naagins and other saas-bahu dramas becoming popular), with zero vulgarity and good actors.

The makers are too adamant to accept the fact that show is getting repetitive and boring with the same story being repeated again and again, when viewers know the outcome of the track from the first episode, like the current Popatlal's wedding track. Also, there were an incident on social media when one of the fans complained about the quality of the show and she shuts him/her off saying if you don't like it don't watch it.

Pete15rogmourey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shubh23

Hi guys, 

Like,

I agree with all of your points....

@bold ; I still remember reading old threads in which some members said that one of the reasons the show faced it's downfall is because it became too "sanskari" and certain interactions like jheta-bhide lost it's charm and fight tracks like jheta-sodhi became nonexistent.....

The thing I liked most in this show was the jheta-taarak friendship track.....this show is quite good at portraying friendships..   

Edited by CID-fan-394 - 3 years ago