IPKKND Podcast | Episode 21: Hospital Hug *Pg 8* March 24 - Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago
Originally posted by renee.bee

Thanks for the tag.

The scene at the Gazebo connected me to Arnav Khushi so deep that I can't get over them even now. 

Coming after watching 

Thanks for commenting! That is one of the most beautiful scenes in IPK - for aesthetic and story purpose. The trauma bonding that happened was stunning and honestly the gazebo at night had my heart. I always wished Arnav and Khushi married there!

Just a little notification for anyone checking this post - I'll be up with the 19th episode soon!

Originally posted by Autumn_Rose

HEy ! Loved this.

I was listening to your podcast last night and absolutely agree with it.

Khushi- Lavanya- Arnav fiasco was really crazy.. he just couldn't get away from Khushi.. haunted him everywhere, and later he had to deal with two of them. Also, it was almost like Arnav knew she would influence her, maine kaha tha uski tarah mat ban jaana 😆

Khushi had also crossed the line before, "Aapki bhi amma aur babuji ne shaadi ki hogi". She of course doesn't know about his parents but it was still way out of line. Seedha, danke ki chot par vaar. He reacts childishly by dropping her in the mud and leaving her in the middle of nowhere.

Post marriage there is another incident where she is after his life to call her mom Amma. She knows his mother is no more and how much her memory haunts him. Why, Khushi, Why?

If you ask me, yes Arnav ends up hurting her physically/ emotionally  and its not right. But we give little credit to him, being an impatient and aggressive person - how much he puts up with. They both drive each other up the wall. For me, they are equally abusive to each other, unknowingly. 

Also, I was wondering if while writing the "badatameezi toh maine abhi shuru nai ki ha". What did the writer have in mind?

TBH - I as a person, have that instinct too. I would be infuriated when someone calls he something I not, going to the extent of showing the other person what those words really meant. Of course, its not ok but rage/ anger is a very destructive force - its hollow. Once it's exhausted, it burns everything and there is nothing left. Calling someone characterless is a big accusation.

He never reflected on it too!! Normally, people with anger issues feel bad later on.. what the hell did I do. Khushi must have really been getting on his nerves (She had turned his perfect controlled life upside down)

He pulls her close to him and she  struggles to free herself, horrified. Why did Arnav do this? 

Contrast this with the Arnav's revelation on the terrace when he tells her why he married her. He saves her, and she falls on top of him - they share a moment and his expression changes to disgust.. and he shoves her away from him, calling her characterless

Regarding Marriage:

Arnav did not have any issues regarding traditions etc, he just didn't believe in it - his issue with marriage stemmed from his parents relationship IMO. For him, it meant nothing if two people cannot be faithful to one another there is no point in it. 

If we actually take it from the perspective of religion - Hinduism considers live-in as marriage only. Even in vedic astrology, while seeing if someone has a yoga for more than one marriage they count live in as marriage too. When a woman selects her husband and puts garland around his neck - its also marriage; its called gandharv Vivah.

Interestingly, Arnav-Khushi's marriage is called Rakshash vivah in Hinduism. 😲

Though the destiny was a factor with Devi Maiiya in the background who decided the course of their true wala love; Arnav never changed himself for Khushi. He did things because she had faith and believed in it - for her. It wasn't coming from him. (This was also to show sanskars to ITV audience) 

Whatever they did with Lavanya however made little sense (especially the dressing up part). The only explanation I have is probably Lavanya, in her wanting Arnav in her life had said "yes" to all his demands without even considering what she wanted for herself. She didn't get the parivarik and sanskari upbringing in a traditional home and so as someone who has never been exposed to it, she started enjoying it and it was a new phase for her. She finds a true friend in Khushi and gets influenced by her. 

Lavanya hadn't evolved herself completely and wasn't sure what she wanted in life when she moved in with Arnav. She starts to see things clearly later on, it made sense for her to break up with Arnav not for his sake, but also for her own.. cuz she deserved better. 

bestieee this isss soo long and I was just going through the thread wondering why I hadn't seen this before. Or have I? regardless, 

I wanted to touch base on Lavanya within your comment. I think Lavanya was very much in love with Arnav whereas Arnav wasn't in love with her. I think Arnav saw her as a perfect match for him. He studied abroad and spend his formative years there. Lavanya grew up in London or at least England apparently. They clearly shared similar perspectives towards a lot of things in life which in Arnav's eyes made her a good choice. 

They also worked together and their work hours were common knowledge to each other. With a partner in the same field one would be more understanding of them not being able to spend more than a certain amount of time together. In Arnav's books, that's compatibility. 

I think Arnav's take on his and Lavanya's relationship is perfectly encapsulated with his response to Anjali when she inquires about Lavanya. He says Lavanya is perfect because she agrees with everything I say. 

Lavanya definitely wanted a life with Arnav. She was content with a forever with him regardless of marriage but I think alongside seeing the pressure his family put on her, and his increasing distance from her (which she didn't think was because of Khushi but it was because Khushi being around the house made Arnav think about her much more and it was hard for him to distance himself), made her ask for consistent assurances from him. I think instead of a wedding, she wanted a happily ever after from him whereas Arnav didn't. Arnav thought Lavanya was realistic partner whereas Lavanya wanted frills, and romance. 

You're definitely right that Lavaya didn't fully grasp onto a lot of aspects about Arnav until she moved in with him, and that she probably herself didn't realize how much she loved him because she was going to a lot of lengths to mold herself into whatever would make his sister and grandmother happy. I think Lavanya saying "I can't believe I am doing this" at a number of things after moving in shows us that aspect where she didn't realize how much she loves Arnav. 

Your response was fun to read! We don't get too many discourses around her anymore :/

very excited for the new episodes. 

for episode 18, would definitely have to agree with reene about the gazebo scene. The vulnerability, the oversharing, the trauma bonding, the silent recognition was a highlight and a perfect way for their relationship to progress.

about what we don't like, I think Nani's attitude is something to point as incredibly problematic but also incredibly realistic in how a lot of adults in our society consider manipulation and disaster within something they disagree with as perfect. I hated how she laid the blame on Khushi's feet when it was Anjali who made Khushi the third person in Arnav and Lavanya's relationship. Despite the boundaries being crossed, Khushi did what Anjali told her what her job description was. 

Looking forwards to the new episodesmiley2 😆 

Originally posted by dramebaaz.af

bestieee this isss soo long and I was just going through the thread wondering why I hadn't seen this before. Or have I? regardless, 

I wanted to touch base on Lavanya within your comment. I think Lavanya was very much in love with Arnav whereas Arnav wasn't in love with her. I think Arnav saw her as a perfect match for him. He studied abroad and spend his formative years there. Lavanya grew up in London or at least England apparently. They clearly shared similar perspectives towards a lot of things in life which in Arnav's eyes made her a good choice. 

They also worked together and their work hours were common knowledge to each other. With a partner in the same field one would be more understanding of them not being able to spend more than a certain amount of time together. In Arnav's books, that's compatibility. 

I think Arnav's take on his and Lavanya's relationship is perfectly encapsulated with his response to Anjali when she inquires about Lavanya. He says Lavanya is perfect because she agrees with everything I say. 

Lavanya definitely wanted a life with Arnav. She was content with a forever with him regardless of marriage but I think alongside seeing the pressure his family put on her, and his increasing distance from her (which she didn't think was because of Khushi but it was because Khushi being around the house made Arnav think about her much more and it was hard for him to distance himself), made her ask for consistent assurances from him. I think instead of a wedding, she wanted a happily ever after from him whereas Arnav didn't. Arnav thought Lavanya was realistic partner whereas Lavanya wanted frills, and romance. 

You're definitely right that Lavaya didn't fully grasp onto a lot of aspects about Arnav until she moved in with him, and that she probably herself didn't realize how much she loved him because she was going to a lot of lengths to mold herself into whatever would make his sister and grandmother happy. I think Lavanya saying "I can't believe I am doing this" at a number of things after moving in shows us that aspect where she didn't realize how much she loves Arnav. 

Your response was fun to read! We don't get too many discourses around her anymore :/

Lol sorry A bb, here I've taken phoreberrrrr to reply to your comment on the phorum

True, Arnav was never in love with Lavanya - or he loved her whatever he thought love was. Your understand of Lavanya's position in this relationship has always been so so so interesting and true! *cough breakups cough*

Lol it was only APT that you're there for the next episode!

Originally posted by dramebaaz.af

very excited for the new episodes. 

for episode 18, would definitely have to agree with reene about the gazebo scene. The vulnerability, the oversharing, the trauma bonding, the silent recognition was a highlight and a perfect way for their relationship to progress.

about what we don't like, I think Nani's attitude is something to point as incredibly problematic but also incredibly realistic in how a lot of adults in our society consider manipulation and disaster within something they disagree with as perfect. I hated how she laid the blame on Khushi's feet when it was Anjali who made Khushi the third person in Arnav and Lavanya's relationship. Despite the boundaries being crossed, Khushi did what Anjali told her what her job description was. 

Looking forwards to the new episodesmiley2 😆 

that gazebo scene was everything (I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY KHUSHI AND ARNAV DIDN'T GET MARRIED THERE!!!)

That is true, Nani is realistic in the worst way possible. lol Anjali never telling anyone she manipulated Khushi into getting the job - even when Arnav was yelling at her a few episodes ago always gets me.

Why ain't you telling Chotte how Khushi is home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV4A7Vfkt4Y

Hello everyone, we're back with a new episode analyzing Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND). In this episode S and an new guest, Dramebaaz.Af, discuss moments from the show where Khushi feelz her dhakdhaks and begins to fall irrevocably in love with Arnav Singh Raizada.

We hope you like this episode! Video credit: Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Star Plus, Hotstar/Disney+ Hotstar

Feel free to comment your thoughts below or on the channel!

PS: We're now on Spotify! https://tinyurl.com/yhpzrcfb

Originally posted by IPodcastKKND

Hello everyone, we're back with a new episode analyzing Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon (IPKKND). In this episode S and an new guest, Dramebaaz.Af, discuss moments from the show where Khushi feelz her dhakdhaks and begins to fall irrevocably in love with Arnav Singh Raizada.

We hope you like this episode! Video credit: Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Star Plus, Hotstar/Disney+ Hotstar

Feel free to comment your thoughts below or on the channel!
PS: We're now on Spotify.

Thank you for the tag S.

Cheers..

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
To view this post you need to Log in to India Forums.
Posted: 1 years ago

Wonderful listening to your thoughts A and S.  That was a lovely analysis.

All I want to say, this show has started with 3 main leads and everyone else is a side character.  So, they were used only when they were needed.  In other words, irrespective of the build up and bond these side characters shared, if they were not needed in the narration at the time of the day, they were not used. 

I agree with what you said about Nani.  Nani was very rude towards Lavanya for no reason.  None of them cook in the house.  They can, but they have truck load of house help, so, there is no need for them to cook anymore.  Is this teaching all for that occasional cooking?  The same applies other chores they wanted Lavanya to learn.

I can go on and on forever, but I will stop here.

Cheers..