Mehndi Hai Rachne Wali

Pallu, Pallu, quite contrary

sree07 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

I do get that she wants to be a doormat for the family and all. Being an orphan it makes sense for her to cling on to the only family she has. The moment she leaves the house and goes with the brother, she will be back to an orphan. So I totally get that and it suits her character development to be a doormat. 

But but but.... I can not connect to her. Overall, she has no idea what she wants. She wants to grow her business.....She wants to stay in Hyderabad...then She wants to leave Hyderabad. Then She makes Deva Shapath to ruin Raghav every other episode(I already remember her 3 Deva shapaths)....and actually does nothing to achieve it other than yell at Raghav all the time.

Just what Raghav pointed out today, she talks about honesty and all, all the time. But hides the most important fact from her parents, the financial stability of her saree shop. Comes across as the biggest hypocrite of the household. 

I think CVs need to push up a little on her character. I can take a doormat FL, but not a dumb one. 

Edited by sree07 - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

She is hopeless and non existence for me ,now I  don't want raghvi marrige Raghav life will be more messed and complicated because of this brainless creature ..Raghav will suffer more and more 🥺bec of her no matter how he handle or give back 🥺

Edited by Kavila - 3 years ago
sree07 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Kavila

She is hopeless and non existence for me ,now I  don't want raghvi marrige Raghav life will be more messed and complicated because of this brainless creature ..Raghav will suffer more and more 🥺bec of her no matter how he handle or give back 🥺

So true....

If CVs are planning to make Pallavi, a soothing balm for Raghav who has lot of wounds from the past, it is not working and I do not see how Raghav can find solace in Pallavi, who is kind of scatterbrained as of now. CVs needs to pull up her character asap

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by: sree07

I do get that she wants to be a doormat for the family and all. Being an orphan it makes sense for her to cling on to the only family she has. The moment she leaves the house and goes with the brother, she will be back to an orphan. So I totally get that and it suits her character development to be a doormat. 

But but but.... I can not connect to her. Overall, she has no idea what she wants. She wants to grow her business.....She wants to stay in Hyderabad...then She wants to leave Hyderabad. Then She makes Deva Shapath ruin Raghav every other episode(I already remember her 3 Deva shapaths already)....and actually does nothing to achieve it other than yell at Raghav all the time.

Just what Raghav pointed out today, she talks about honesty and all, all the time. But hides the most important fact from her parents, the financial stability of her saree shop. Comes across as the biggest hypocrite of the household. 

I think CVs need to push up a little on her character. I can take a doormat FL, but not a dumb one. 

Expecting logic & a full-arc character development in an ITV show is like hoping unicorns exist😭. We just have to parse through all this nonsense so that we get to watch what we can probably like. It's like 1 week we'll get good episodes & the next week, CVs can't wait to disappoint us.😕

Kavila thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

This content was originally posted by: sree07

So true....

If CVs are planning to make Pallavi, a soothing balm for Raghav who has lot of wounds from the past, it is not working and I do not see how Raghav can find solace in Pallavi, who is kind of scatterbrained as of now. CVs needs to pull up her character asap

Soothing balm are you serious from where does it come from ..Pallavi will not be a balm will be a headache herself . 

moksha89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Oh dear, deep breath. I finally watched the epi (was going in bated breath after reading the forum) & yes, it was absolute chaos. Main problem is that Pallu, the character, really has no direction. I mentioned it in another thread that Shivangi hasn’t owned the character of Pallavi so these scenes just become frustrating. There’s no life or emotion in the character assay. If she made Pallu an entity we connect to then we would essentially empathize even though we knew she was being dumb. We would tell her “yes girl - let’s rip the (innocent) dude apart.” But everything feels so stale.

Can’t even bring myself to find a deeper meaning in the last 2-3 epis for Pallavi. Other than the creators wanting to show Pallu deflecting drama from the Deshmukhs and reacting on RR (bc no one else can be her target) - I just want them to finish this stepping stone and move on. With similar FLs, their acting made me feel comfortable analyzing them and even deconstructing their flaws — but the delivery of Pallavi is so blunt that there’s no “person” to evaluate, just the ability of Shivangi to act.

I get why today happened, but the preview just hints that it’ll get even more tiring. They’ll fix the story so that Shivangi’s weak points are compensated and RaghVi is still a desired end game BUT it’s going to take w o r k. 

s/n: I hope people send some constructive criticism so that these varied levels of acting delivery can be improved upon by the actors.

Edited by moksha89 - 3 years ago
sree07 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: SONIA441

Expecting logic & a full-arc character development in an ITV show is like hoping unicorns exist😭. We just have to parse through all this nonsense so that we get to watch what we can probably like. It's like 1 week we'll get good episodes & the next week, CVs can't wait to disappoint us.😕

logic and all is too much expectation. But do give a nice FL. That's the basic requirement of a romantic drama, I guess. All the other characters does not matter. But pls work on the leads at least. 

sree07 thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: Kavila

Soothing balm are you serious from where does it come from ..Pallavi will not be a balm will be a headache herself . 

ha ha yes. I can vouch that Raghav's roubles will double the moment pallu enters his life 😂

BlackWitch thumbnail

In terms of constructive criticism, Pallavi’s expressions and the distracting hair do of hers, are unnecessarily irritating. Shivangi is giving a wide eyed deer caught in the headlights look that isn’t suiting her. Her grey lenses suit the situation in a romantic scene but not in drama. That look is very much like ET or Jaadu in Koi Mil Gaya.

The camera zooming on her face when she looks like that and the terrible hair style (with greasy hair) where her ears look too big is making me feel like I am watching the movie PK. Aamir Khan has similar large ears but on Shivangi, it looks too distracting. 

Just a big big turn off from the endearing character Pallavi was last week.

This content was originally posted by: moksha89

Oh dear, deep breath. I finally watched the epi (was going in bated breath after reading the forum) & yes, it was absolute chaos. Main problem is that Pallu, the character, really has no direction. I mentioned it in another thread that Shivangi hasn’t owned the character of Pallavi so these scenes just become frustrating. There’s no life or emotion in the character assay. If she made Pallu an entity we connect to then we would essentially empathize even though we knew she was being dumb. We would tell her “yes girl - let’s rip the (innocent) dude apart.” But everything feels so stale.

Can’t even bring myself to find a deeper meaning in the last 2-3 epis for Pallavi. Other than the creators wanting to show Pallu deflecting drama from the Deshmukhs and reacting on RR (bc no one else can be her target) - I just want them to finish this stepping stone and move on. With similar FLs, their acting made me feel comfortable analyzing them and even deconstructing their flaws — but the delivery of Pallavi is so blunt that there’s no “person” to evaluate, just the ability of Shivangi to act.

I get why today happened, but the preview just hints that it’ll get even more tiring. They’ll fix the story so that Shivangi’s weak points are compensated and RaghVi is still a desired end game BUT it’s going to take w o r k. 

s/n: I hope people send some constructive criticism so that these varied levels of acting delivery can be improved upon by the actors.

BlueJayFire thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Well, for Pallavi, Raghav Rao has softened towards her and she knows it. But throwing crap at him and expecting him to take it..NO WAY. The Raghav Rao doesn't care about anything or anyone. She got inviting it herself.