Story 9 Months Ki

Applause and Facepalms _ 6 Years Later!

StrangeStories thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

This 6 year leap has literally come out of nowhere in this show. After an initial response of horror, confusion, anger and hoping it was someone's nightmare, I have now come to accept that it is actually happening and there is nothing that can be done to take it back.

We are 1 week into this leap, and it is apparent that some aspects deserve an applause and other aspects deserve a huge FACEPALM, because honestly what are the makers of this show smoking? I know there is a lot more to be revealed in weeks ahead but will edit/add to this as it all unravels!

Lets start with things worthy of an APPLAUSE (šŸ‘) :

#1 - Sukirti and Aashay being retained as leads. If anything the makers have done meherbaani on us by not removing either leads. These two make the show bearable to a large extent. But as much as I love these two actors, I admit that their acting as parents is slightly unconvincing. The parental emotion is there but the portrayal of it is a bit superficial. I don't blame them entirely because the way this whole leap has panned out is so stupid, but I suppose maybe we need to give them a bit of time to grow into it. In the meantime, just glad that Sukirti and Aashay are still there on screen šŸ‘šŸ¼

#2 - Retaining familiar sets and side characters. Along with the leads, it is nice to see some familiar faces like Rabia, Rahul, Mala, Sunita, Kumkum, Alia's dad, Sarang's mom, Kavya and also familiar places like Alia's apartment, the DDS office etc. It just helps us retain some sense of familiarity with what the show was pre-leap. Also some character traits have been retained too - Kavya is still hitting on Sarang and he's still deflecting it all and telling Sayuri to refer to her as aunty (šŸ˜†) and it seems Alia does have some inkling of her crook dad being involved in Sarang getting separated from her. I am just hoping for Alia's mom to make a return because Alia definitely seems to be lonelier now than what she was pre-leap šŸ’”

#3 - Casting choice for Agastya and Sayuri. To give credit, the two kids on the show are very sweet and act decently well. Even the names and nicknames given to the kids are quite nice. I like how to some extent they tried to incorporate Alia and Sarang's characteristics in each child, because that's how genetics work šŸ˜ƒ

Now lets move onto things that made me CRINGE and question the writers thought process ()

#1 - Everyone looking fresh as a daisy even 6 years later. Only person who had any change in his look is Sarang, with the kurta replaced by shirts, and add on of a stubble and some glasses. Baaki rest of the cast looks fresh as a daisy. Which youth fountain do they all access? Apart from just the fact that there are two 6 year old kids there, nothing about the show/characters looks makes it seem like its 6 years later šŸ¤”

#2 - Alia's 180 degree personality transplant and career + lifestyle downgrade. Unless they come up with a really logical reason later on, I simply cannot understand how the successful, headstrong, empowered and no nonsense Alia has now become a downgraded meek employee of DDS who gets threatened by so called "Investor Jeevan" to choose her job or her personal life? And someone correct me if I am wrong, wasn't Alia meant to be a successful Harvard graduate? Even if she somehow got removed as CEO of DDS, couldn't she have just started another venture with all her entrepreneurial background? Like seriously, what happened? Did she have to sell her company to clear off that 12 Cr vs 12 Lakh confusion shown in the flashback? Because how bad exactly has her financial situation gotten? She now travels in an auto, can't afford to keep a househelp, lets her kid be babysat by a roadside kulfiwala and can't even afford a new laptop? Alia ke saare talents, personality strengths and paise hawa mein gayab kaise ho gaye? šŸ¤¢

#3 -  Dejected, indignant, devdas Sarang and his broken promises. What a sad and sullen transformation we have now of the pre-leap happy, jovial, adorable and life loving Sarang. There was a  sense of innocence , hope and liveliness to him before, and now all Sarang does is sulk and get angry thinking about Mumbai and Alia. Add to this all those broken promises of never leaving Alia, being there to give their kids a childhood better than theirs and to never hurt her? It has become almost depressing to watch Sarang as a standalone character because all he does is balk at everyone whenever they even hint towards Alia. Regardless of what exactly happened back then, its just disappointing to see how resentful and seemingly lifeless Sarang has become as a character šŸ‘ŽšŸ¼

At the end of it all, I do understand that TV shows are a business. The channel needs it to make money and the makers/writers will do anything and everything to keep the show afloat, but in some ways the essence of the main leads is slightly lost in all these 6 years later shenanigans. Here's hoping that they can reestablish some of it, as this story progresses! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Agree with every word you have written.
I also cant digest Aliaā€™s downfall to this extent - ok things got bad & her company got taken over but she was so busy being s mother that she just let gave up? Presumably she was highly depressed after losing Sarang & a baby - I hope they do address this point as its the only reason that might make sense for her giving up. 

& Sarangā€™s character arc is disappointing. how bad did things get that he couldnā€™t ask her how she made such a decision to abandon her daughter as he thought? He knew she was mad about her babies (though youā€™re right the wanting to be best mother came across as superficial/ overcompensating even in first leg of the show & on both sides the parenthood is a bit shallow seeming - well noted!)

Although we were shown some less appealing aspects of his character before when his mother told him he was being like his father in not letting Alia go & thinking he knew best about everything. He was almost suffocating her before they came to Mathura so, much as I was disappointed at Aliaā€™s actions I could understand they were driven by panic. Basically he just didnā€™t trust her.

Lots of good points but facepalms & questions galore. Let us hope for a satisfying denouement & not too much brushing under the carpet

I still have hopes as the writing of this show is still miles ahead of most others 

Edited by velvetscarf - 3 years ago
sunaina02 thumbnail

Could not have expressed better šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ‘

"This 6 year leap has literally come out of nowhere in this show. After an initial response of horror, confusion, anger and hoping it was someone's nightmare, I have now come to accept that it is actually happening and there is nothing that can be done to take it back."

Totally agree with your remarks . 

In another thread I mentioned that how disappointed I am regarding Alia's downfall . šŸ˜’

Why cant they show that a successful business woman can also become a successful mother šŸ˜”

Moreover , it is not fair to show that Alia is literally a single parent with no one to help her . And Sarang has a big family behind him to bring up his daughter. Where did Alia's mom vanish ?  šŸ˜•

music_l0ver036 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thank you for this post, I have similar thoughts. I know we donā€™t know everything but just the fact that Alia is in the situation is getting under my skin. I understand there are ups and downs in business but so much so that Alia is taken out as the owner? And the thing about Alia was that she was trying not to choose between working and being a mother but of course sheā€™s reduced to a woman who canā€™t manage her time and canā€™t handle it.. itā€™s so frustrating to see the same thing over and over again. 

People can change over the course of 6 years and trauma especially changed people but the way they added so much bitterness in Sarang is a little hard to digest. Whatever the case maybe, they better have the best reason. And Sarang already feeling like Alia is doing him favors by getting him out of jail or supporting him financially is such a bad take. But then again Kavya was able to talk some sense into him.. I donā€™t know, it feels off. 

BUT the writing isnā€™t horrible, like itā€™s salvageable. I still believe that Alia and Sarang will get back together and the kids added to the mix might be something nice and different. 

StrangeStories thumbnail

Originally posted by: velvetscarf

Agree with every word you have written.
I also cant digest Aliaā€™s downfall to this extent - ok things got bad & her company got taken over but she was so busy being s mother that she just let gave up? Presumably she was highly depressed after losing Sarang & a baby - I hope they do address this point as its the only reason that might make sense for her giving up. 

& Sarangā€™s character arc is disappointing. how bad did things get that he couldnā€™t ask her how she made such a decision to abandon her daughter as he thought? He knew she was mad about her babies (though youā€™re right the wanting to be best mother came across as superficial/ overcompensating even in first leg of the show & on both sides the parenthood is a bit shallow seeming - well noted!)

Although we were shown some less appealing aspects of his character before when his mother told him he was being like his father in not letting Alia go & thinking he knew best about everything. He was almost suffocating her before they came to Mathura so, much as I was disappointed at Aliaā€™s actions I could understand they were driven by panic. Basically he just didnā€™t trust her.

Lots of good points but facepalms & questions galore. Let us hope for a satisfying denouement & not too much brushing under the carpet

I still have hopes as the writing of this show is still miles ahead of most others 

It seems from recent episodes that apparently Alia thought through the decision of selling off DDS and it was apparently all for Sarangdhar and love. Although they haven't revealed exactly what happened, but the idea of a woman who was so empowered, went through a terrible phase of a marriage breakdown, then falling in love and losing out on even that and then finally also losing one of her babies, if anything I imagined that would harden up Alia even further to strive to succeed again and do it all without relying on the useless plethora of men in her life. Anyways, got to wait and see how much further detail we get about whatever happened when she sold DDS.

Totally agreed on the shallowness and overcompensation regarding the parenthood bit. There was never a convincing reason from the very start as to WHY Alia wanted to have babies. In some ways it almost felt like she wanted to fill the void of her broken marriage by having a child. Sarangdhar just seemed to want to be a parent because Alia accidentally had his babies in her belly. And true, why the HELL would Sarang think Alia can abandon her own child when she was so incredibly hung up on being the "best mother" in the world? Why the hell did he never even think to call her? And now that his mother has had the bright idea of calling Alia 6 years later to "find the truth", honestly what even is the point? Couldn't someone with a brain have called her 6 years ago to actually know her side of the story? At this point, this whole family needs extensive therapy to deal with all the mental and emotional repercussions of what has unfolded.  

I do agree, the writing of the show still remains decent and far more convincing than other stereotypical Indian TV shows. Lets hope they can thread together somewhat a sane narrative to make sense of it all. 

StrangeStories thumbnail
Originally posted by: sunaina02

Why cant they show that a successful business woman can also become a successful mother smiley7

Moreover , it is not fair to show that Alia is literally a single parent with no one to help her . And Sarang has a big family behind him to bring up his daughter. Where did Alia's mom vanish ?  smiley5

Yes! How hard is it to show that a woman can be financially and emotionally independent enough to raise a child on her own? Why did Alia sell her own company of 5 years for the sake of a love for Sarangdhar that was in total less than 5 months? In a recent episode, Alia told her mum over the phone that she could've started a new company but wanted to focus on Aggu, I wanted to say Hello! Women of this century can do both. They are not mutually exclusive things...šŸ¤”

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

People can change over the course of 6 years and trauma especially changed people but the way they added so much bitterness in Sarang is a little hard to digest. Whatever the case maybe, they better have the best reason. And Sarang already feeling like Alia is doing him favors by getting him out of jail or supporting him financially is such a bad take. But then again Kavya was able to talk some sense into him.. I donā€™t know, it feels off. 

There is maybe more to the story but I cannot believe Sarang had to rely on Kavya to give him a reality check. He said he loved Alia and would never leave her, but well didn't take him 2 secs to say that he wasn't sure about going ahead with the wedding. And gosh the acting like a victim and projection of anger is on another level with Sarang's character at the moment. Let's hope there is reprieve from it all sometime soon!

music_l0ver036 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DeepShadow

Yes! How hard is it to show that a woman can be financially and emotionally independent enough to raise a child on her own? Why did Alia sell her own company of 5 years for the sake of a love for Sarangdhar that was in total less than 5 months? In a recent episode, Alia told her mum over the phone that she could've started a new company but wanted to focus on Aggu, I wanted to say Hello! Women of this century can do both. They are not mutually exclusive things...šŸ¤”

There is maybe more to the story but I cannot believe Sarang had to rely on Kavya to give him a reality check. He said he loved Alia and would never leave her, but well didn't take him 2 secs to say that he wasn't sure about going ahead with the wedding. And gosh the acting like a victim and projection of anger is on another level with Sarang's character at the moment. Let's hope there is reprieve from it all sometime soon!

yes exactly. The whole premise of the show in the beginning was that Alia was in a great place financially to be able to raise her kid on her own without anyoneā€™s help. Alia would never have gone through with IVF if she wasnā€™t fully secured in terms of money. But then they decide to take that stability from her, for Sarang, and took her away from her Sarang as well. What type of logic is that? If she didnā€™t have the financial stability, she should have at least had people to support her through the pregnancy and raising her children. Now that Alia has nothing, Sarang has money, fame, and a supportive family to help him raise his kid? I donā€™t like that at all. And like you mentioned, on top of all that Sarangs bitterness and blame of Alia, KNOWING Alia would never do anything to hurt her kids? It doesnā€™t make sense. Alia wanted kids, sarang was along for the ride, and it seems like he just accepted the first thing he was told about Alia, and we see that Alia sacrificed all that she ever worked for and even that with no regrets? For a guy she BARELY knew? Hmmmmm no thank you. 

ShinyMishka thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sunaina02

Totally agree with your remarks . 

In another thread I mentioned that how disappointed I am regarding Alia's downfall . šŸ˜’

Why cant they show that a successful business woman can also become a successful mother šŸ˜”

Moreover , it is not fair to show that Alia is literally a single parent with no one to help her . And Sarang has a big family behind him to bring up his daughter. Where did Alia's mom vanish ?  šŸ˜•

Alia's mom has cancer and is doing therapy elsewhere, also they decided the one aspect of previous Alia to retain is her headstrong refusal to take financial help from anyone. Like really, after all your experience, education, and talent you're in a position that barely pays enough for all your expenses? In a company you used to run? Maybe not a CEO's salary but surely you'd be at a VP level or something? If not in DDS, she can easily get a high level job in another company. She was a famous business owner, now all the way to a normal low level employee?  BS! šŸ˜” I hate that they always show this with working women, I had high hopes for Alia's character. Also hate that Kavya, the other female independent business owner in the show, is shown to be so pathetically after Sarang. After 7 years she still hasn't moved on? Even when he was living in another city. Why can't a girl and guy just be best friends? What about her dreams of singing? No, she must be reduced to unwanted one-sided love angle. Hate it. 

music_l0ver036 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ShinyMishka

Alia's mom has cancer and is doing therapy elsewhere, also they decided the one aspect of previous Alia to retain is her headstrong refusal to take financial help from anyone. Like really, after all your experience, education, and talent you're in a position that barely pays enough for all your expenses? In a company you used to run? Maybe not a CEO's salary but surely you'd be at a VP level or something? If not in DDS, she can easily get a high level job in another company. She was a famous business owner, now all the way to a normal low level employee?  BS! šŸ˜” I hate that they always show this with working women, I had high hopes for Alia's character. Also hate that Kavya, the other female independent business owner in the show, is shown to be so pathetically after Sarang. After 7 years she still hasn't moved on? Even when he was living in another city. Why can't a girl and guy just be best friends? What about her dreams of singing? No, she must be reduced to unwanted one-sided love angle. Hate it. 

totally agree. I think it would have been more interesting to show Alia in a similar position at a different company and her compete with DDS and have conflicting thoughts about it since she used to own it but now her loyalty is with her current company. They could have done SO much with what they had but of course the woman has to be reduced to just one quality because they think women are unable to handle both work and personal life. But with Alia specifically, her financial security was one of the MAIN factors that led to IVF, so it just doesnā€™t make sense that she wouldnā€™t try to find job elsewhere that gave her the same financial security. Of course Alia personally wanted to be a mother but if she wasnā€™t a CEO of DDS she wouldnā€™t have gone through with it and after she lost her position, how has she not looked elsewhere? 

Coming to Kavya, she is also another businesswoman with a successful business, sheā€™s beautiful, she has her interest with singing, yet sheā€™s cool with pining over the guy who has made it crystal clear that he doesnā€™t see her romantically?? That is a bit pathetic.. and just because she hasnā€™t specifically pressured him, her holding out hope, being his kids ā€œKavu maā€, touching him... it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

StrangeStories thumbnail

Originally posted by: music_l0ver036

Alia wanted kids, sarang was along for the ride, and it seems like he just accepted the first thing he was told about Alia, and we see that Alia sacrificed all that she ever worked for and even that with no regrets? For a guy she BARELY knew? Hmmmmm no thank you. 

THIS! More than anything it is this that bothers me. I think we'll have to wait a while more whilst all is revealed but really, I don't know what would justify a woman giving all her success up for a man? And if anything, I imagine for a person like Alia who was hurt by so many men, her own father, then by her ex-husband and then her so called love...she would lose all faith in all men by this point and just focus on her career and child to move forward. But time will tell as to what exactly happened!šŸ¤”

Edited by DeepShadow - 3 years ago