Posted: 2 years ago

I watched it mainly because it was on Netflix. In the 1st 90-100 minutes, I was comparing it to Stree and finding it wanting.

But the last 15-20 minutes... oh, boy!

A message Indian women - actually, women all over the world - need to hear. Go beyond your fears and pains and embrace the power! Love the fierceness within you, first. Don't look for strength and support in someone else. 

#sigh

I loved it.

did not understand the movie

please explain from where Raj gets married to dog and then that climax

Originally posted by oyebollywood

did not understand the movie

please explain from where Raj gets married to dog and then that climax

that's the only part of the movie which is actually better than average.

***SPOILERS***

Raj and Varun are trying to get married to the 2-in-1 and trying to get each other out of the game.

Roohi tries to kill herself and has that argument with Afza. Afza says knows her every fear and has seen Roohi at the lowest point, so why is she considered an enemy? Why is Roohi not seeing beyond the pain and using the power?

Then during the wedding scene Roohi rejects Raj and says she doesn't need another person's support. The one she needs is Afza.

Somewhere in the movie Roohi says she was diagnosed with split personality.

The end message is women need to accept themselves, including what may be called problems, and see them as strengths. Rely on yourself and not on others.

Those 20 minutes made the movie worthwhile for me.

And yeah, Jahnavi was decent in parts. Better than I expected. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

that's the only part of the movie which is actually better than avergae.

***SPOILERS***

Raj and Varun are trying to get married to the 2-in-1 and trying to get each other out of the game.

Roohi tries to kill herself and has that argument with Afza. Afza says knows her every fear and has seen Roohi at the lowest point, so why is she considered an enemy? Why is Roohi not seeing beyond the pain and using the power?

Then during the wedding scene Roohi rejects Raj and says she doesn't need anotehr person's support. The one she needs is Afza.

Somewhere in the movie Roohi says she was diagnosed with split personality.

The end message is women need to accept themselves, including what may be called problems, and see them as strengths. Rely on yourself and not on others.

Those 20 minutes made the movie worthwhile for me.

And yeah, Jahnavi was decent in parts. Better than I expected. 

marrying herself in the end and that old woman played by sarita joshi went Over my head

stree was much better than this

Originally posted by oyebollywood

marrying herself in the end and that old woman played by sarita joshi went Over my head

stree was much better than this

It's an allegory for accepting oneself with all faults/strengths, being happy with self, being self-dependant. 

It's an allegory for accepting oneself with all faults/strengths, being happy with self, being self-dependant. 

oh means being aatmanirbhar  👏

I watched it mainly because it was on Netflix. In the 1st 90-100 minutes, I was comparing it to Stree and finding it wanting.

But the last 15-20 minutes... oh, boy!

A message Indian women - actually, women all over the world - need to hear. Go beyond your fears and pains and embrace the power! Love the fierceness within you, first. Don't look for strength and support in someone else. 

#sigh

I loved it.

gonna watch it 

I am going to watch it today and come back to this!

The first 3/4 is very average. Only the last quarter was interesting to me once I realized this was an allegory.

Originally posted by Rhimjhimsawan

I am going to watch it today and come back to this!

First 90 minutes are typical Bollywood. It is the last 20 minutes that hits the mark.