Posted: 3 years ago

It's been 5 days, 9 hours, 42 seconds since she left home. It's been 5 days, 9 hours, 42 seconds since he felt home. 

Flashback :

He returns home with his family. It has been 7 hours since the wedding. Heart heavy, lump on his throat. She is gone. The family is rejoicing. He wonders why? His phone rings. It’s a call from DIG.  He informs Virat that ACP Darsh was passing by the area, the sounds of taunts, rebukes and humiliation coming from a wedding venue made him curious resulting in him witnessing everything that had happened at Devyani and Pulkit’s wedding and he informed the DIG. The DIG knew how righteous Sai and her late father, Kamal Joshi were so he took the liberty to start his own investigation with ACP Darsh in charge. They went to the root of the matter and found out, Pulkit was not only innocent but one of the most respected doctors of Nagpur. They had gotten hold of the kidnapper who spilled all the beans just after a few beatings. CCTV cameras at his neighbour’s house on the opposite end covered large areas which included the front of his house. They had seen Pakhi planting the letter. It was forgery. The DIG knew that duty was above everything for Virat, he called Virat to inform him of everything that had happened while he was sent away to train. His family members were criminals. It was now his duty to send them behind bars.

Virat loses grips on himself and falls to the floor *thump* 

It felt like his whole world had come crashing down. He screamed in agony. Less because of his family, more because he had lost the love of his life. 

The trust he had in his family all these years. The people he knew them to be. Everything fell apart. It took only moments. Moments to erase them all. He could no longer hold them to high esteem. Hell, he couldn’t even bear to look at them. The thought of being a Chavan disgusted him. His only family was her, he thought. Faces of his mother, his younger brother, Mohit, his aunt, Shivani and sister, Devi crossed his mind. His lips curved into a smile only for expression of disgust to spread across his face again as he remembered Pakhi.

Pakhi. The girl he thought he had loved once upon a time turned out to be someone he could never imagine her to be. Virat couldn’t fathom. How could his judgement be so wrong? He used to rebuke Sai for not being able to read people, yet his one misreading had been so profound in its effect that it took away from him his most prized possession, his wife. 

He requests the DIG to send ACP Darsh to arrest them as he had a more urgent matter to attend to, getting back his wife. 

All he wanted was to be embraced by her, in her arms, inhaling her jasmine scent and basking in the warm aura she radiates. He set off to GC to get her back. His heart was pacing. Thoughts in his mind echoed,

“I will return home only with her or die in her arms” 

He drives fast and reaches GC. Standing outside her house, with memories overwhelming him, memories of moments they shared, together on this courtyard.

He rings the doorbell. 

Sai comes out. She is glowing, in a yellow t-shirt and black leggings. The shape of her breasts form just two perfect sizes of pear. He thought. “Control yourself, Virat.” 

“Aap yaha kyu aye hai?” asks Sai. 

He could tell she had cried. Her eyes were puffy. Though the thought of her being in pain hurt him, there was little relief as he deciphered it to mean she had been missing him, but not more than he had missed her. 

“Tumhe ghar le janeh ki liye” replied Virat with tears in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Sai.” He fell to the ground. On his knees. His lips shivered. He couldn’t gather words. 

“Aap kyu sorry bol rayhai? It was not your fault. You didn’t know about what was going on behind your back. Besides, I’m not mad at you. Maafi ki toh koi sawal hi nahi hai.” She says as he helps him get up. 

He couldn’t believe his ears. 

“Then let’s go home,” he says as he is about to hold her hand but her reply freezes him there.

“Home? Whose home? I’m home. Here in GC. It’s my home. If you’re talking about your home, sorry but I’ve decided I can no longer live there.” she says, nonchalantly.

His heart stops. He gathers the courage. It’s now or never, he thinks. He confesses.

“Sai, I cannot live without you. Main tumse pyaar karta hu, Sai. I love you. Please. My home is not home without you.” 

She’s silent. 

“You’re my wife, Sai.”

Wife. This world alone was enough to trigger her and unleash the lioness buried deep within. She roared. 

“Wife? I’m your wife? When have you ever given me the status of being your wife? Am I only your wife when I’m decked up in satin saree and makeup? Was I your wife when Pakhi Didi insulted me in our bedroom and you were silent. Sorry. Not bedroom. Your room. Was I your wife when she came to your room to ask for your clothes to keep in her bag, while I was present in the room, only for you to be silent. Aap 5 saal ke bacche hai kya? Two people. Clothes in 1 bag toh obviously same room was what she had in mind? Was this advanced algebra for you?” 

She continued.

“Pakhi Didi insulted me with venomous words because you were taking me to Ladakh without informing her only for you to go and apologise to her on my behalf, as soon as I left to PD’s Sir’s home.  Why didn’t you inform her? You knew she would be upset but her emotions were more valuable for you than my self respect. Was I your wife when you called me ehsan faramosh for your whole family to pride themselves in forgetting my father sacrificed his life so you could live? Or was I your wife when even after all the abuses and mental torture I was being put through by your family and your ex you still behaved with them as if nothing wrong had ever happened.  These are only few of the incidents I’m bringing up, of the countless incidents I don’t even want to recall. You still were on such good terms with Pakhi Didi as if she was your wife and I was your mistress.”

“As for love. My love is rooted in goodness of the soul I have told you before, I can never be quiet when I see injustice happening and I expect my lover to stand by me, to see the best in me, even when the whole world is against me. I’m your wife you said.” 

She takes his hand, takes him near the fireplace around the courtyard. She takes off the mangalsutra around her neck and throws it in the fire

“From this moment onwards, there is no relationship between you and I. We met, got married through unfortunate circumstances. It’s time for us to go our separate ways, I, on my path, you on yours. It’s unfortunate even after all the good moments we shared our paths cannot be the same. My father has taught me that self respect should always over power feelings and desires. I’ll send you divorce papers after I reach Nagpur.”

Time had stopped for him. The sky fell apart. Mountains on his chest. Just then. A voice. 

“Sai, kaha ho tum?”

A voice calls from behind. A voice coming from the house. He is at the door. 6 feet tall. Skin like pearl. Hazel eyes. Jet black hair. 

Virat is shocked to see him. It his him. Police officers and army men were always asked to look upto and learn from him.

24-year-old Major Neil. One of the youngest army officers in the country, not just that, plenty of medals, one of the most brilliant students the military has ever witnessed. Their eyes meet. Neil sees them talking and decides to go back inside. 

“Sai, how do you know Neil? And what is he doing here?” Virat asks in low voice.

Sai recalls and narrates how on the dark night he had banished her from his life, she was attacked by Jagtap in GC and it was Neil who saved her. They had bonded too. The thought of him made her feel warm inside. 

Neil gets impatient, comes out and stands near Sai.

Virat’s male instincts became alert. He could sense this man had feelings for his wife. Perhaps it had already turned to love. Love at first sight. He could sense through his body language, the smile on his face, how his eyes were glued to her, looking at her like a love-struck puppy.

Anger. Anger. Anger. Intense anger, boiled inside him. Ready to erupt any moment. 

She is my wife, mine, only mine, no one can see her like that or touch her or breathe near her, he thought.  

“Jaldi karo, Sai. We are getting late,” Neil says and goes back inside. He respected my privacy, she thought. She smiled. Sai had shared with Neil everything about her marriage and shown him Virat’s pictures so he knew him too. 

“Goodbye, Virat Sir. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I wish you all the best in all your upcoming endeavours.” She says and goes back inside. Few minutes later they come out with Neil carrying her suitcases. 

Light breeze outside, they are on the way to Nagpur, she on passenger seat with Neil driving, for the first time since her father passed away, she felt safe. She had found a friend in him. Neil, on the other hand could couldn’t wait to introduce her to his parents as soon as they reach Nagpur. “I have found my kohinoor,” he thought. A new love blooming. 

Virat Chavan laid there. Lifeless. Intense pain in his heart. Tears flooding the ground under him. Outside Kamal Joshi’s home in GC. I found my beloved here and I lost my beloved here, he screamed. 

—- first time writing, happy reading —— 

Edited by idkwhattoput - 3 years ago

Heartbreaking! So well written though! 💔😢

Originally posted by idkwhattoput

It's been 5 days, 9 hours, 42 seconds since she left home. It's been 5 days, 9 hours, 42 seconds since he felt home. 

Flashback :

He returns home with his family. It has been 7 hours since the wedding. Heart heavy, lump on his throat. She is gone. The family is rejoicing. He wonders why? His phone rings. It’s a call from DIG.  He informs Virat that ACP Darsh was passing by the area, the sounds of taunts, rebukes and humiliation coming from a wedding venue made him curious resulting in him witnessing everything that had happened at Devyani and Pulkit’s wedding and he informed the DIG. The DIG knew how righteous Sai and her late father, Kamal Joshi were so he took the liberty to start his own investigation with ACP Darsh in charge. They went to the root of the matter and found out, Pulkit was not only innocent but one of the most respected doctors of Nagpur. They had gotten hold of the kidnapper who spilled all the beans just after a few beatings. CCTV cameras at his neighbour’s house on the opposite end covered large areas which included the front of his house. They had seen Pakhi planting the letter. It was forgery. The DIG knew that duty was above everything for Virat, he called Virat to inform him of everything that had happened while he was sent away to train. His family members were criminals. It was now his duty to send them behind bars.

Virat loses grips on himself and falls to the floor *thump* 

It felt like his whole world had come crashing down. He screamed in agony. Less because of his family, more because he had lost the love of his life. 

The trust he had in his family all these years. The people he knew them to be. Everything fell apart. It took only moments. Moments to erase them all. He could no longer hold them to high esteem. Hell, he couldn’t even bear to look at them. The thought of being a Chavan disgusted him. His only family was her, he thought. Faces of his mother, his younger brother, Mohit, his aunt, Shivani and sister, Devi crossed his mind. His lips curved into a smile only for expression of disgust to spread across his face again as he remembered Pakhi.

Pakhi. The girl he thought he had loved once upon a time turned out to be someone he could never imagine her to be. Virat couldn’t fathom. How could his judgement be so wrong? He used to rebuke Sai for not being able to read people, yet his one misreading had been so profound in its effect that it took away from him his most prized possession, his wife. 

He requests the DIG to send ACP Darsh to arrest them as he had a more urgent matter to attend to, getting back his wife. 

All he wanted was to be embraced by her, in her arms, inhaling her jasmine scent and basking in the warm aura she radiates. He set off to GC to get her back. His heart was pacing. Thoughts in his mind echoed,

“I will return home only with her or die in her arms” 

He drives fast and reaches GC. Standing outside her house, with memories overwhelming him, memories of moments they shared, together on this courtyard.

He rings the doorbell. 

Sai comes out. She is glowing, in a yellow t-shirt and black leggings. The shape of her breasts form just two perfect sizes of pear. He thought. “Control yourself, Virat.” 

“Aap yaha kyu aye hai?” asks Sai. 

He could tell she had cried. Her eyes were puffy. Though the thought of her being in pain hurt him, there was little relief as he deciphered it only mean she had been missing him, but not more than he had missed her. 

“Tumhe ghar le janeh ki liye” replied Virat with tears in his eyes.

“I’m sorry, Sai.” He fell to the ground. On his knees. His lips shivered. He couldn’t gather words. 

“Aap kyu sorry bol rayhai? It was not your fault. You didn’t know about what was going on behind your back. Besides, I’m not mad at you. Maafi ki toh koi sawal hi nahi hai.” She says as he helps him get up. 

He couldn’t believe his ears. 

“Then let’s go home,” he says as he is about to hold her hand but her reply freezes him there.

“Home? Whose home? I’m home. Here in GC. It’s my home. If you’re talking about your home, sorry but I’ve decided I can no longer live there.” she says, nonchalantly.

His heart stops. He gathers the courage. It’s now or never, he thinks. He confesses.

“Sai, I cannot live without you. Main tumse pyaar karta hu, Sai. I love you. Please. My home is not home without you.” 

She’s silent. 

“You’re my wife, Sai.”

Wife. This world alone was enough to trigger her and unleash the lioness buried deep within. She roared. 

“Wife? I’m your wife? When have you ever given me the status of being your wife? Am I only your wife when I’m decked up in satin saree and makeup? Was I your wife when Pakhi Didi insulted me in our bedroom and you were silent. Sorry. Not bedroom. Your room. Was I your wife when she came to your room to ask for your clothes to keep in her bag, while I was present in the room, only for you to be silent. Aap 5 saal ke bacche hai kya? Two people. Clothes in 1 bag toh obviously same room was what she had in mind? Was this advanced algebra for you?” 

She continued.

“Pakhi Didi insulted me with venomous words because you were taking me to Ladakh without informing her only for you to go and apologise to her on my behalf, as soon as I left to PD’s Sir’s home.  Why didn’t you inform her? You knew she would be upset but her emotions were more valuable for you than my self respect. Was I your wife when you called me ehsan faramosh for your whole family to pride themselves in forgetting my father sacrificed his life so you could live? Or was I your wife when even after all the abuses and mental torture I was being put through by your family and your ex you still behaved with them as if nothing wrong had ever happened.  These are only few of the incidents I’m bringing up, of the countless incidents I don’t even want to recall. You still were on such good terms with Pakhi Didi as if she was your wife and I was your mistress.”

“As for love. My love is rooted in goodness of the soul I have told you before, I can never be quiet when I see injustice happening and I expect my lover to stand by me, to see the best in me, even when the whole world is against me. I’m your wife you said.” 

She takes his hand, takes him near the fireplace around the courtyard. She takes off the mangalsutra around her neck and throws it in the fire

“From this moment onwards, there is no relationship between you and I. We met, got married through unfortunate circumstances. It’s time for us to go our separate ways, I, on my path, you on yours. It’s unfortunate even after all the good moments we shared our paths cannot be the same. My father has taught me that self respect should always over power feelings and desires. I’ll send you divorce papers after I reach Nagpur.”

Time had stopped for him. The sky fell apart. Mountains on his chest. Just then. A voice. 

“Sai, kaha ho tum?”

A voice calls from behind. A voice coming from the house. He is at the door. 6 feet tall. Skin like pearl. Hazel eyes. Jet black hair. 

Virat is shocked to see him. It his him. Police officers and army men were always asked to look upto and learn from him.

24-year-old Major Neil. One of the youngest army officers in the country, not just that, plenty of medals, one of the most brilliant students the military has ever witnessed. Their eyes meet. Neil sees them talking and decides to go back inside. 

“Sai, how do you know Neil? And what is he doing here?” Virat asks in low voice.

Sai recalls and narrates how on the dark night he had banished her from his life, she was attacked by Jagtap in GC and it was Neil who saved her. They had bonded too. The thought of him made her feel warm inside. 

Neil gets impatient, comes out and stands near Sai.

Virat’s male instincts became alert. He could sense this man had feelings for his wife. Perhaps it had already turned to love. Love at first sight. He could sense through his body language, the smile on his face, how his eyes were glued to her, looking at her like a love-struck puppy.

Anger. Anger. Anger. Intense anger, boiled inside him. Ready to erupt any moment. 

She is my wife, mine, only mine, no one can see her like that or touch her or breathe near her, he thought.  

“Jaldi karo, Sai. We are getting late,” Neil says and goes back inside. He respected my privacy, she thought. She smiled. Sai had shared with Neil everything about her marriage and shown him Virat’s pictures so he knew him too. 

“Goodbye, Virat Sir. Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I wish you all the best in all your upcoming endeavours.” She says and goes back inside. Few minutes later they come out with Neil carrying her suitcases. 

Light breeze outside, they are on the way to Nagpur, she on passenger seat with Neil driving, for the first time since her father passed away, she felt safe. Neil, on the other hand, couldn’t wait to introduce her to his parents as soon as they reach Nagpur. “I have found my kohinoor,” he thought. 

Virat Chavan laid there. Lifeless. Intense pain in his heart. Tears flooding the ground under him. Outside Kamal Joshi’s home in GC. I found my beloved here and I lost my beloved here, he screamed. 

—- first time writing, happy reading —— 

Beautiful🤩🥰

I agree with everything Sai said. But I mean I just can't bear to see Virat like that. I like how Sai was finally relieved from all that toxicity. And oh my god each dialogue of her's pierced my heart. 😭

Brilliant!!!🤗👍🏼

Sorry but just, Virat is slow, so by the second time, it's 43 seconds I guess(me trying to run away for such a lame joke)

Jokes apart, this is so good!! Never knew that something like this brings a smile on my face, maybe because the guy's name is Neil😉 

Short and sweet, please do write more❤️😳

A lovely piece of writing...hope you write more🥰

Loved it!!!

Such shame that DIG needs to get into matters of chakrams!!!

Remorse of virat was great!!!

I loved sai Ka rant as well.... Reminded me of my os, it was only sai ranting out to virat.....

Neil is all charming but sai an Neil seem hurried to me..... I mean abhi toh chakram se pecha chudaya... Those din akele chill Mari Yaar!!!

Happy writing!!

Originally posted by fathima14

It's amazing loved it ❤. 

Thank you so much, first time writing so it means a lot 🥺❤️

Originally posted by Nja91

Heartbreaking! So well written though! 💔😢

Thank you so much! 🥰 The toxic relationship they have in the show right now encouraged the plot.